Joss Whedon to Direct a Standalone Batgirl Movie

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn shame when the white woman fills out the costume and looks sexier than a black woman.
Is she wearing cargo pants?

EWDZrv3XsAAZwFN

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Damn shame when the white woman fills out the costume and looks sexier than a black woman.
Is she wearing cargo pants?

EWDZrv3XsAAZwFN
The messed up thing is that "they" are going for a less sexy look. Look how loose the costume is. Even all of the men's costumes in every comic movie are more form fitting than this.

This is not a good look.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I just don't get it, man. The obvious demographic is teenaged boys and men. Yvonne Craig was a total smoke show despite being a white girl and now they get this no ass, no tits Latina chick for...inclusion? I just don't understand why the producers would sink their money into something hoping to attract, what? Young Latina girls? Just girls period? Aren't they paying attention?

This shit will go straight to iphone.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Batgirl’ and ‘Ms. Marvel’ Directors Explain the Difference Between Working with DC and Marvel [Exclusive]
BYMARCO VITO ODDO
PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
Plus, we get an update on ‘Batgirl’ development.

Image via HBO Max
Although Marvel and DC are two superhero universes with very distinct tones, Batgirl directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah still carried much of their Ms. Marvel experience for the HBO Max film production. In an exclusive interview with our very own Carly Lane about Disney+'s latest MCU series, the directors also revealed that Batgirl is in its final stages of development.

While Marvel Studios productions are known for being lighthearted and colorful, the DC Universe usually approaches its superhero universe through darker lenses. According to El Arbi, that difference became even more evident when he and Fallah went from directing Ms. Marvel to helming Batgirl. Even so, since both productions are origin stories, there are also many similarities between the series and the upcoming film. As El Arbi explains it:

COLLIDER VIDEO OF THE DAY

Close

3.3M

Isolated polar bears adapting to climate change

“If you talk about our experience with ‘Ms. Marvel’, it's an origin story the same way ‘Batgirl’ is an origin story. It's seeing that journey from somebody who's totally not a superhero becoming a superhero. In that way, we had a lot of experience with ‘Ms. Marvel’ that we carry on on this project. But of course, there's a big difference in the sense that Ms. Marvel is a teenager, in a colorful world, while Batgirl is a grown woman. She has a job, and she's in Gotham City. It's kind of darker. It's Batman, the OG. Those worlds are different, but it's very interesting to see how they become superheroes.”
RELATED:J.K. Simmons On Working With Sissy Spacek In 'Night Sky' And Playing Commission Gordon In 'Batgirl'

Batgirl is being directed by El Arbi and Fallah from a script by Christina Hodson, who wrote Birds of Prey and the upcoming The Flash. The film is expected to debut on HBO Max sometime this year, but no definite release date has been set. Fortunately, El Arbi has some good news for fans, as he and Fallah “are in the full editing process. We're just editing the movie.”

While information about Batgirl’s plot is scarce, we know that J.K. Simmons will come back as Commissioner James Gordon, a part he played in both versions of Justice League. Michael Keaton is also part of the film's cast, returning to a role he hasn't played since 1992. Batgirl will also star Brendan Fraser as Batman’s classic villain Firefly, Ivory Aquino as the transgender vigilante Alysia Yeoh, Rebecca Front, Corey Johnson, and Ethan Kai.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Batgirl’ and ‘Ms. Marvel’ Directors Explain the Difference Between Working with DC and Marvel [Exclusive]
BYMARCO VITO ODDO
PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
Plus, we get an update on ‘Batgirl’ development.

Image via HBO Max
Although Marvel and DC are two superhero universes with very distinct tones, Batgirl directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah still carried much of their Ms. Marvel experience for the HBO Max film production. In an exclusive interview with our very own Carly Lane about Disney+'s latest MCU series, the directors also revealed that Batgirl is in its final stages of development.

While Marvel Studios productions are known for being lighthearted and colorful, the DC Universe usually approaches its superhero universe through darker lenses. According to El Arbi, that difference became even more evident when he and Fallah went from directing Ms. Marvel to helming Batgirl. Even so, since both productions are origin stories, there are also many similarities between the series and the upcoming film. As El Arbi explains it:

COLLIDER VIDEO OF THE DAY

Close

3.3M

Isolated polar bears adapting to climate change

RELATED:J.K. Simmons On Working With Sissy Spacek In 'Night Sky' And Playing Commission Gordon In 'Batgirl'

Batgirl is being directed by El Arbi and Fallah from a script by Christina Hodson, who wrote Birds of Prey and the upcoming The Flash. The film is expected to debut on HBO Max sometime this year, but no definite release date has been set. Fortunately, El Arbi has some good news for fans, as he and Fallah “are in the full editing process. We're just editing the movie.”

While information about Batgirl’s plot is scarce, we know that J.K. Simmons will come back as Commissioner James Gordon, a part he played in both versions of Justice League. Michael Keaton is also part of the film's cast, returning to a role he hasn't played since 1992. Batgirl will also star Brendan Fraser as Batman’s classic villain Firefly, Ivory Aquino as the transgender vigilante Alysia Yeoh, Rebecca Front, Corey Johnson, and Ethan Kai.

After "BAD BOYS 3" (which I really loved over the first two films), Adil and Billal can only go UP!
I'm definitely awaiting "BATGIRL".
Especially after how FUN and Amazing "MS. MARVEL" was.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I'm not mad at this move. First, Josh Wedon can not be trusted. Second, the movie was started before the merger. It's better to only release quality films rather than just put out crap just because it was paid for. Marvel did this with the first Fantastic Four movie. Third, the test screenings were bad. Sometimes you have to be real regarding if something is salvageable or not. It wasn't. Fourth, Leslie Grace is fine, but she was a horrible choice for Batgirl.

0ef348b511d1f31d0a0f37dc1b8191c6.jpg

Black Adam, Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, and Flash will be solid. And if it isn't, than scrap it before it's released. I guarantee Flash won't get released unless it's a hit.

David Zaslav is playing no games. Quality over everything. This same thing should have happened with WW84.

Last edited:

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why not just release it on HBO Max…

Because David Zaslav has mandated that if DC films are going to be made then they should be "Big theatrical event films" It was going to be an HBO Max film, but AT&T threw in another $20 million at the last minute because they knew what Zaslav wanted. It didn't help and people who saw the preview complained how cheap it looked.

If The Flash does well, I bet they'll revisit it, but otherwise He'll probably will eat it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
$90 Million L

Movie is in post-production too

DC should give up movies

..... we need a screener of the movie

not going to lie…

now I want to see it.

This shit is wild…

i don’t get why not just release it

My gut feeling is that this has something to do with the FLASH.

But the movie was in post production…. It was already done. This would have been a draw for HBO max.

i just don’t get this at all.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm not mad at this move. First, Josh Wedon can not be trusted. Second, the movie was started before the merger. It's better to only release quality films rather than just put out crap just because it was paid for. Marvel did this with the first Fantastic Four movie. Third, the test screenings were bad. Sometimes you have to be real regarding if something is salvageable or not. It wasn't. Fourth, Leslie Grace is fine, but she was a horrible choice for Batgirl.

0ef348b511d1f31d0a0f37dc1b8191c6.jpg

Black Adam, Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, and Flash will be solid. And if it isn't, than scrap it before it's released. I guarantee Flash won't get released unless it's a hit.

David Zaslav is playing no games. Quality over everything. This same thing should have happened with WW84.

Josh whedon hasn’t been a part of this in years… lol

this movie was just an HBO max flick… this wasn’t supposed to get theatre numbers. This was for ratings and the movie was finished…

90 million already spent ….

this is unprecedented level shit.