John Madden dies @ 85

bigjayler

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
R.I.P Coach. I remember my mom bought me the first PC version of his game on Apple IIC back in 86 or 87 had no idea who he was. Game was basically 10 yard fight with 8 teams with all time legend names and nicknames on it. Loved that game for the customization of it. Could create your own rosters. playbooks from scratch. create formations. Good times.

Last edited:

Keepthapeace

well-known lurker
BGOL Investor
Rip to a football legend and icon. An icon and trendsetter on many levels of football. Every american boy to man from 13 to 75 knowns the name Madden and that name brand associated to football. I had the very first madden when it first came on the home computer and played that shyt for hours... rip

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
R.I.P Coach. I remember my mom bought me the first PC version of his game on Apple IIC back in 86 or 87 had no idea who he was. Game was basically 10 yard fight with 8 teams with all time legend names and nicknames on it. Loved that game for the customization of it. Could create your own rosters. playbooks from scratch. create formations. Good times.

i used to play that in the arcade every evening before i started my work shift. That game was so much fun. used to love rolling out to one side, then slinging the ball to the other side of the field for a completion. it worked for awhile, then the game would adjust (or come out with a different team if you won) then pick that shit off :angry:
and them fights that happened after violent hits were the shit.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My childhood is fading away every year.
This man basically taught me the game of football.
His only blemish is that he screwed Eldridge Dickey out of playing QB for the Raiders.
But that's another topic for another day.
RIP to the greatest commentator to ever do this shit.