Joe Rogan Just Landed a $100 Million Deal On Spotify

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't know how this guy talks to some guests for 3 hours!!!!! I know people that listen to every minute though. That has to generate a lot of ad revenue.

One thing I do for some podcasts, is to listen at 1.5 or even 2 times normal speed. I just can't listen that long to a single podcast all the time.

I have not tried that...

It doesn't mess up the experience?

You still understand everything clearly?

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have not tried that...

It doesn't mess up the experience?

You still understand everything clearly?
Not at all. You can still hear everything clearly and the voices don't sound too distorted, especially at 1.5 times normal speed.

At 2X speed, it sounds a little goofy, but you can still understand what people are saying.

I took an Uber one day and the guy driving was listening to Joe's podcast at 2X speed. That's what started me doing that.

KRAYZIE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this is the bullshit i talk about, he just has this huge blindness to shit that he explains away with even more blindspots
I remember what this episode is about and what he was talking about he was right. it was complete fuckry cuz if that happened to a black person I would have been outside on the streets with a gun. You should look at the whole episode. This right here shows the exact difference between a long form platform and short form platform.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember what this episode is about and what he was talking about he was right. it was complete fuckry cuz if that happened to a black person I would have been outside on the streets with a gun. You should look at the whole episode. This right here shows the exact difference between a long form platform and short form platform.
i will n will get back to u on that

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joe Rogan was cool when he actually was the stoners podcast, when he was talking about everyday shit the homies would talk about when you were hitting blunts. Then he started wading into politics and giving platforms to white supremacists, alt-rights and letting his true colors out.

I occasionally listen to him like when he'll have on someone like Neil DeGrasse Tyson, or Cornwell West.. but aside from that, I don't have shit to listen to from that CAC

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Joe Rogan was cool when he actually was the stoners podcast, when he was talking about everyday shit the homies would talk about when you were hitting blunts. Then he started wading into politics and giving platforms to white supremacists, alt-rights and letting his true colors out.

I occasionally listen to him like when he'll have on someone like Neil DeGrasse Tyson, or Cornwell West.. but aside from that, I don't have shit to listen to from that CAC
That's the crazy shit about where we are in society. The cat as fucking liberal as they come. He just interviews everyone. All the best who ever did it interview every fucking one from all sides. I've seen folks get all in their feelings because he has someone on they don't like.

Joe like the only journalist left. Journalist used to sit down with serial killers. 60 minutes interviewed presidents and Saddam. Did Saddam right before the 2003 invasion.

Fuck this snowflake, bubble ass world some people want. I've watched all types of interviews from Manson to Obama just to see what makes people tick. Joe is great at that shit. His value will only go up as journalists continue to turn into cowards.

One of his interviews that stuck out to me was the one with the musician who was getting people to quit the KKK.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joe did something foolish he may live to regret...

A hundred milly may seem like a lot now..

But in ten years

When youtubers will start commanding that type of deal..

YET STILL OWNING their shit...

He gonna feel some type of way..

He sold his master copies of all his work correct??

If so they got his soul he just don't know it yet...

They also took legacy money away from his children...

In ten years something tells me its not going to be such a great deal...

Unless renegotiating happens and he gets to own his shit

Ain't this the type of thing buddens say he passed up from spotify

So he could own his shit..

Sounds like he "ain't sell his soul"

Kept his master's...

Smart man

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
So these clowns saw his previous podcasts, spent $100 million(no telling how much guaranteed), and now are holding 10 meetings about him? :roflmao3: Swear anyone says they can't get a job ought be ashamed of themselves. All the incompetent people currently employed in big positions should have anyone looking for a job psyched up.

Decision was so fucked that they couldn't even upload all his content while saying at the same time they weren't changing shit. I could have told anyone in that meeting that hiring him would bring constant complaints.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joe Rogan "Journalist" lol

On his latest podcast episode on Thursday, Joe Rogan took aim at protesters in Portland, Ore., calling their clashes with police “madness.” For further evidence, he pointed to the massive forest fires tearing through Oregon this month.

“They’ve arrested left-wing people for lighting these forest fires,” he said on “The Joe Rogan Experience” to his millions of listeners. “You know, air-quote, ‘activists.’ This is also something that’s not widely being reported.”
That’s not true, according to both the FBI and local law enforcement in Oregon. In fact, those agencies have urged people to stop spreading claims that antifa members are starting fires, warning that the misinformation is hampering efforts to battle the wildfires and fueling a dangerous surge of vigilantism.

“Conspiracy theories and misinformation take valuable resources away local fire and police agencies working around-the-clock to bring these fires under control,” the FBI said last week. “Please help our entire community by only sharing validated information from official sources.”

The backlash over Rogan’s false claim has heaped more pressure on Spotify, which recently signed the massively popular podcaster to a deal reportedly worth up to $100 million. Spotify also met with employees this week angry that the service is streaming Rogan episodes that critics have called transphobic, Vice reported.
AD

Spotify didn’t immediately return a message from The Washington Post early Friday.

False claims about left-wing arsonists have proliferated as the fires have killed eight people and burned roughly 1 million acres in Oregon. While there have been a handful of arrests tied to the fires, law enforcement has emphatically denied any ties to extremist groups.
“There’s no reason to believe that this is politically motivated,” Tighe O’Meara, the police chief in Ashland, Ore., told NPR on Sunday of his department’s criminal probe into the Almeda Fire. “Anybody that is speculating in that direction is being reckless … It’s irresponsible.”
The misinformation has led to real problems. When a meme went viral claiming that the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office had arrested “six antifa members” last week, the sheriff’s office was flooded with calls that tied up officers and operators. Unfounded fears of extremist fire-starters and false reports of looting have also led vigilantes to set up illegal roadblocks and hold a photojournalist at gunpoint.
AD

With his millions of followers, Rogan is among the most visible figures to repeat the debunked claim, which has also been parroted by Fox News host Laura Ingraham. QAnon-affiliated accounts have also pushed the conspiracy, according to the Oregonian. On Saturday, a sheriff’s deputy in Clackamas County was suspended for making similar claims.
Rogan repeated those false allegations on Thursday during a longer discussion of the unrest in Portland with Douglas Murray, a conservative British author.
“There’s a madness going on there,” Rogan said, referring to the protests. “You want to talk about madness of crowds … That exemplifies that right now.”

After claiming that “left-wing” people had been arrested for setting fires, he suggested that Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) should be grilled over how to stop them.
AD

“I would love to talk to the mayor and say, ‘What is your strategy for ending this? Are you hoping this is just going to die down?’” Rogan said.
Rogan’s show began streaming on Sept. 1 on Spotify, which also uploaded 11 years of his archives. But the service didn’t include some of his more controversial past interviews, including episodes with conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, Entertainment Weekly reported.
Rogan made headlines earlier this week after suggesting that President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden come onto his podcast for a debate — an idea Trump quickly endorsed on Twitter. Critics on Thursday pointed to Rogan’s misinformation about the forest fires as a prime reason for Biden to decline.
“I can’t imagine why Joe Biden wouldn’t trust Joe Rogan to be a debate moderator,” tweeted Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.
44 Comments

Drop Me The Link newsletter
Cut through the 2020 noise. The single most interesting election story Post editors are sending to their group chats, delivered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So these clowns saw his previous podcasts, spent $100 million(no telling how much guaranteed), and now are holding 10 meetings about him? :roflmao3: Swear anyone says they can't get a job ought be ashamed of themselves. All the incompetent people currently employed in big positions should have anyone looking for a job psyched up.

Decision was so fucked that they couldn't even upload all his content while saying at the same time they weren't changing shit. I could have told anyone in that meeting that hiring him would bring constant complaints.
Cac greed only saw numbers and thought what a money making opportunity they could make off of him without doing a thorough investigation... only time will tell if this situation will last.. I mean Howard stern made a career out of being love and hated maybe this will end the same

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joe is dumb as rocks...

He memorized a whole shit load of facts

And factoids to give the illusion he has smarts..but from from it.

Now what he does have is a strong as fuck hustle game...

He tries and pretty much mastered the fine art of hiding his racism...

But he can't help but expose himself through code words...

Antifa is the new way of saying ni663r

Loving trader...

Being against protesters is silent support...

Of the silent "black" lives dont matter

Movement...

Code phrase

All lives matter..

If Joe was a bruh...

He wouldn't have got nothing near a humid milly..

Maybe half of that..

I do give him credit tho...

His topics can be pretty fuckin interesting at times

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yea... but thats kinda how whiteness works my man. BGOL has been calling out this passive bigot for years now. Yet somehow billion dollar spotify couldnt foresee how problematic his content would be in todays market. Doesnt even matter at this point.. the guys $100 million richer regardless of if they end the agreement or not..