Jackson State expected to hire Deion Sanders as football coach

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
51HiRjsKE0L._SY300_.jpg

Good for Coach Prime. As long as Jackson State continues their losing tradition to the Jaguars of Southern I don't care who they hire.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
So what ...does the MEAC loose its luster? I mean Savannah State had to leave because they could not compete but why did North Carolina leave ? I know my school Albany State wants to keep the SIAC going for the smaller schools which is where Bethune and FAM started out but back then the MEAC was the place to go funny how things can change over time. I just wished they televised the SWAC games more...the MEAC too, hell I wish they would put all the HBCU on free TV weekly for us to see so they can get that TV money. But the D1 schools would somehow block that for many reasons that are obvious.

What I can see happening is maybe the remaining MEAC schools get absorbed by the SEAC, SIAC and Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association(CIAA) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intercollegiate_Athletic_Association

The SWAC got FAMU and Bethune. So the SEAC, SIAC, and CIAA should aborb the rest then we will have four black conferences.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Big mistake. Yes, his popularity can draw people to the school, but he's got no experience and will likely be more like Steve Spurrier when he was with the Redskins.

You can't half-ass coaching. I don't think Deion will do what it takes to succeed as a head coach
Cacs do it all of the time. It will be a boon for recruiting even though SU will still stomp them out.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

Tez coming back teaching a class this year too

I played against them 11 fam. The worst game that I ever had was against Lester Holmes. A redshirt freshman had no business playing in that game. I got plenty of revenge but that ass whomping we received molded us into the bullies in the SWAC we became. FUCK that team was talented as fuck. That was the only time I saw Aeneas get his lunch money taken, cotdamn Jimmy Smith!

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
Ya'll deserved it bruh. I am never going to forget that 1990 team. That shit made me grow the fuck up.

I think it was the 91 season when the Jaguars rolled through and we was winning the whole game. The SU band kept playing "It Ain't Over Til' It's Over" and sure enough the Jaguars rallied back and ruined our night:(. We still partied hard that night but was upset at the results.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
JSU vs. SU was always a big deal. SU fans always rolled deep into Jackson back in the day. In many ways we at JSU saw SU as just as big a rival to us as Alcorn St. is to us. I am sure SU sees JSU just as big a rival as Grambling.
In the 90s ya'll were a bigger rival than GSU. The SWAC was rolling in the 90s. JSU kept putting dudes in the league. Fernando Smith, Big Lazy, Jimmy Smith, Lester Holmes, etc. Ya'll had a RB that got shot in the stomach. That was a bad ass dude, I can't remember his name. That 90 game ya'll beat us 52-13. I never got beat on any level like that. That night, we made a vow to stay on campus during the summer and work our asses off. It paid off and the rest is history.

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
In the 90s ya'll were a bigger rival than GSU. The SWAC was rolling in the 90s. JSU kept putting dudes in the league. Fernando Smith, Big Lazy, Jimmy Smith, Lester Holmes, etc. Ya'll had a RB that got shot in the stomach. That was a bad ass dude, I can't remember his name. That 90 game ya'll beat us 52-13. I never got beat on any level like that. That night, we made a vow to stay on campus during the summer and work our asses off. It paid off and the rest is history.

I am sure staying on SU campus during the summer was not a bummer though especially with them fine women attending summer school. Summer school was low key fun though because less people on campus means less flappin' jaws and pillow talk spreading who's fucking who business.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Let's see how he does as a coach :dunno:

I'm not as excited about this as everyone else.

He's a name, but Deion comes off as a phony to me.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
....where is he gonna stay though?....West Jackson? I mean....you gonna put him in Madison....or fly him in everyday from Texas? I don’t see this ending well. Jackson has become a shithole. Yeah I said it!!!
you know good and damn well he gon be in madison
Cacs do it all of the time. It will be a boon for recruiting even though SU will still stomp them out.
true also damn you lol
I played against them 11 fam. The worst game that I ever had was against Lester Holmes. A redshirt freshman had no business playing in that game. I got plenty of revenge but that ass whomping we received molded us into the bullies in the SWAC we became. FUCK that team was talented as fuck. That was the only time I saw Aeneas get his lunch money taken, cotdamn Jimmy Smith!
yall some ogs
I think it was the 91 season when the Jaguars rolled through and we was winning the whole game. The SU band kept playing "It Ain't Over Til' It's Over" and sure enough the Jaguars rallied back and ruined our night:(. We still partied hard that night but was upset at the results.
91 was the start of my revenge tour...
i was 11 lol
Ultimately Deion going to Jackson State just uplifts the SWAC as a whole. Y'all might get your stadium now.
y'all cuntrass niggas know a lot about this muhfucka lol
All those bad ass J-Settes at JSU. I predict an entanglement in < 3 months.
nah man prime ain't new and Tracey badder than all them college hoes

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Mf gonna be dipping his spoon in all that rancid, diseased pussy. Gimme a minute son

edit. Something about Tracey. Her whore vibes are off the meter. I bet she suck a mean one! Ask....babyface....he cried...in the car. :0(

Keepthapeace

well-known lurker
BGOL Investor
Swac is gonna be must see football moving forward. However, Swac fans know the title been going through the reservation for the last several years and air mcnairs playing before that and now as a proven head coach. Something about a good head coach coaching his alma mater vs a great player just wanting to be a head coach. I hope one of the biggest footbal rivals picks back up and gets a major sponsor again... Definitely pulling for him to bring Jsu back up, but I'm going to say it again, Prime is about Prime and always been about his brand to market with coonin' or cockiness what he wants which is now to coach his kids in college as I think has two coming through. (***Add Prime is no fool and a good ass self brand marketing guy. That's why he scooped up that degree at Talladega just last month as he had to have a degree at least to become a head coach at JSU) So it's perfect because they're three star and they're not Alabama or Mississippi State caliber they're perfect to fit right in at Jackson State and that one kid he has in HS as a qb right now is better than any quarterback they've had in probably the last 3-5 years at jsu. Thing is too, it's time for some other great players he played against kids that are coming out of high school as well so he might grab them when they would have went to a smaller D1 school. Btw his first hire should be the best white boy Ncaa compliance officer he can find... Ncaa will be watching him like a hawk bc it will be professors, parents, and players with good 2nd, 3rd, 4th stimulus money ***cough cough. :lol: