Jackson State expected to hire Deion Sanders as football coach

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Always willing to accept if I’m wrong. I think this statement is easy to accept but short sighted. I feel like it was JSU that recruited Saunders to coach. It was the alums and HBCU crowd that really started paying attention and creating a buzz around it. I also think that a healthy amount of people were skeptical of his intentions when he first started but he won people over. He, with the support of JSU admin and staff, his staff and connections changed the program. Prime did as he likes to do. He brought attention. This time, what he did with the attention was different than him as a player, as a reality tv personality, as a name going through a messy divorce, and now as a coach.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No lies told right here

At some point we as Black people have to admit that Black flight impacts Black institutions & communities just as much as white flight & then gentrification. Truth is, being Black is so damn complex in America that having these conversations in public is a challenge in itself.

People start to get quiet when you bring this up.

It is a powerful thing to talk about. My dad was of the civil rights generation and he has told me about arguments he got into with his mentor about wanting to integrate whereas his mentor was pleading with him to stay in the Black community. Later in life, he came to regret not staying as he saw the deterioration of the communities in our home town.