Is this Jay's best verse????

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^

Did not john legend or Ross or Wayne or the chorus or Khalid

That verse deserved to be alone on a better beat.

Maybe even a capella

It would have done more somewhere else. Like the song he had with Nas on the last Khalid album. This shouldn't be how we get this. It's like cooking a 5 star meal for somebody with terrible taste.

Last edited:

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
I always hated most Khalid albums. Production is usually wack no matter how many big names he puts on one song. But Jay got off on this. I could care less if he's talking that billionaire Im better than you shit. All these other rappers are talking that millionaire Im better than you talk. Plus they not spittin like Jay. Im just saying.

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
Lineup of talent would’ve had me thinking this would be great but it’s a snoozer to me. Wayne really on coast mode, hunh? Never been a Ross fan and that Jay verse is 8 outta 10 but i agree with others that said it ain’t belong here. It’s like J laid his verse then everyone built off it and it sucks. No one’s adding this track to no playlists, no club appeal, it’s not for ‘heads’ it’s a bunch of rich mafuckas just spending their time and I’m over shit like that. They sound as bored as i was

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Definitely not his best but very good. The beat didn’t do it justice for me. He carried it per usual.

I honestly don’t see anyone in this man’s lane so him doing features and tracks with others ain’t cutting it. He just need to do his own thing once again.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this shit is hard.........
even tho Khaled can't produce worth shit. he has to get 3 and 4 other producers on tracks and add his name to it cuz he put in a cymbal clap here or there.....lol.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
Definitely not his best but very good. The beat didn’t do it justice for me. He carried it per usual.

I honestly don’t see anyone in this man’s lane so him doing features and tracks with others ain’t cutting it. He just need to do his own thing once again.
I get that this beat and the other rappers on the song didn't fit. I'm simply asking about J's verse.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I always hated most Khalid albums. Production is usually wack no matter how many big names he puts on one song. But Jay got off on this. I could care less if he's talking that billionaire Im better than you shit. All these other rappers are talking that millionaire Im better than you talk. Plus they not spittin like Jay. Im just saying.

^^^^

And it's all truth

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Typical J. "I'm the 1st billionaire" "you niggaz ain't getting money like me" talk. I didn't hear nothing special in it. Oh and I forgot "I use to sell drugs"
Perfect breakdown, I’m I the only one that heard the Kap diss? Slight bron diss?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I get that this beat and the other rappers on the song didn't fit. I'm simply asking about J's verse.
Not his best for me and only cause it lacks the hunger of a younger Jay. He’s comfortable now, as he should be, but he can still flex his own better than anyone when he does.

But younger Hov, with the fire in his belly, is undisputed, uncontested and hands down the best to ever do it.

Right now, Hov just reminding folks of who the king is, but when he was younger, he was proving it.

Personally, this is my fav Hov verse ever written:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
this shit is hard.........
even tho Khaled can't produce worth shit. he has to get 3 and 4 other producers on tracks and add his name to it cuz he put in a cymbal clap here or there.....lol.

^^^^

Don't make no type of sense

How he has access to all that talent and THESE are the best brats he can muster up?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^

This should have been a Dear Summer type of affair.

I wonder if the internet will try to remix it?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lineup of talent would’ve had me thinking this would be great but it’s a snoozer to me. Wayne really on coast mode, hunh? Never been a Ross fan and that Jay verse is 8 outta 10 but i agree with others that said it ain’t belong here. It’s like J laid his verse then everyone built off it and it sucks. No one’s adding this track to no playlists, no club appeal, it’s not for ‘heads’ it’s a bunch of rich mafuckas just spending their time and I’m over shit like that. They sound as bored as i was

I agree with pretty much all that

But in 2022 looking at the field?

A Jay Z 8 out 10 is like an 11 in comparison to the current competition

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not his best for me and only cause it lacks the hunger of a younger Jay. He’s comfortable now, as he should be, but he can still flex his own better than anyone when he does.

But younger Hov, with the fire in his belly, is undisputed, uncontested and hands down the best to ever do it.

Right now, Hov just reminding folks of who the king is, but when he was younger, he was proving it.

Personally, this is my fav Hov verse ever written:

Damn right it is.

But I'm all here for grown folk rap.

I can hear black excellence, OG, intelligent rhymes, clever word play all day, layered intricate...

Shout out to Black Thought, Kendrick, Cole, Nas, Cyhi, Lupe,, Rhapsody etc

And always some street veterans Jada, Pusha, Rock Marcino, Ransom, Mayhem Lauren, Conway, Benny, Westside...

And when Drake actually decides to rap.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
^^^

This should have been a Dear Summer type of affair.

I wonder if the internet will try to remix it?
:yes: I see you playa. That kinda beat is personal and the perfect to give these clowns the reminder, yessir!

I hope someone does. Shit if there’s an acapella out, I’ll have a go.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Damn right it is.

But I'm all here for grown folk rap.

I can hear black excellence, OG, intelligent rhymes, clever word play all day, layered intricate...

Shout out to Black Thought, Kendrick, Cole, Nas, Cyhi, Lupe,, Rhapsody etc

And always some street veterans Jada, Pusha, Rock Marcino, Ransom, Mayhem Lauren, Conway, Benny, Westside...

And when Drake actually decides to rap.
I agree with all of this, except for Drake ..

But yea, I love the grown man rap. It speaks to me. It’s seasoned and perfected, tangibles the youth sometimes struggle to offer. Kinda what made Jay Electronica so solid back when he was releasing tracks every 3 years.