Is this Jay's best verse????

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not his best for me and only cause it lacks the hunger of a younger Jay. He’s comfortable now, as he should be, but he can still flex his own better than anyone when he does.

But younger Hov, with the fire in his belly, is undisputed, uncontested and hands down the best to ever do it.

Right now, Hov just reminding folks of who the king is, but when he was younger, he was proving it.

Personally, this is my fav Hov verse ever written:

Now THIS is a good thread topic

What is Hov greatest verse???

Pump it up freestyle might be the one (live that whole mix tape its on Tidal now)

Dear Summer,

What We do

So ghetto

22 Twos

Is that your chick remix

soon you'll understand

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It would have done more somewhere else. Like the song he had with Nas on the last Khalid album. This shouldn't be how we get this. It's like cooking a 5 star meal for somebody with terrible taste.

That last record with Nas and Jay was completely mishandled

Khalid should have been placed on time out since then

How after Black Republicans and Success he do that?

MemphisNigga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you ever listened to Reason Doubt this thread wouldn't even be a topic.

9uQ8eZ_jk6spVgyQocQrkfEXDeh9OyjVcSqFKB5Jbu5GfPvB9We0wQpt28-tiisve_KNilXYTlio_WKQE9j860BF1RfAZ8vaX_uvhoqE7pihUTU0AlH_SDU5qj7E8nbNuJai8O2iN-CzIqAL--blxHekROTC1MphJkRdRlXNxHTj-sHN1-Yg76nuMSQWzGBBAqZg1_cTIKCagJhdgBmTio3W9Mj48RVbVI_suirALfGEdg6RKzQnjbR88TOYnugBAwqkPHudpFKMEyjBnfOtahjnHGCj6iB1mUFS9W1nki02frwVYbtpc3PMi_4PRgvSlpmSVADMUCYws6lVwRzSAbZcXteh6Zp93EHT3hEuB0e1Loi48L0MJOIaxLDuOpOZ-FlUpsq0A66mYKW6VEa_fb8nwK5QUvywHek-R-oLcWNKIKaddr_l9WlLd8gAtH3OtzHZ9Zjdlt1jSP1U8Y_5eZSkkU7tht4q5Jus7EegaNJPU3Ucenqh_LiNjZ6KOTZNGm11nZ_QHoIjhKaKx_LvCC_vKHmK-PEEzgpC5qvLrvelpvy-c4ht2E-HcE6XRILuv59k1vvnuRvdKHvtUjbfSOWRZ5FhNBgl22MJ7duRuTnrITaC-6tk78HTKbcnb6D4m2fPvmFQrzjC28O7VMJo-vPh8PURmmAQJ06B7apsBki6wKl187473RpqYBIlxmSV0sb7i8qwg3onryeDfa0icLZ86_FC4Fyygnf-NNDCulzqaJ8EM6R1F3p7H5hg=w245-h183-no

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not his best for me and only cause it lacks the hunger of a younger Jay. He’s comfortable now, as he should be, but he can still flex his own better than anyone when he does.

But younger Hov, with the fire in his belly, is undisputed, uncontested and hands down the best to ever do it.

Right now, Hov just reminding folks of who the king is, but when he was younger, he was proving it.

Personally, this is my fav Hov verse ever written:

This is up there for sure!!!

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Lineup of talent would’ve had me thinking this would be great but it’s a snoozer to me. Wayne really on coast mode, hunh? Never been a Ross fan and that Jay verse is 8 outta 10 but i agree with others that said it ain’t belong here. It’s like J laid his verse then everyone built off it and it sucks. No one’s adding this track to no playlists, no club appeal, it’s not for ‘heads’ it’s a bunch of rich mafuckas just spending their time and I’m over shit like that. They sound as bored as i was
Co-sign
I was going to reply something JUST like this.
Thanks for saving me the time lol.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
If you ever listened to Reason Doubt this thread wouldn't even be a topic.

9uQ8eZ_jk6spVgyQocQrkfEXDeh9OyjVcSqFKB5Jbu5GfPvB9We0wQpt28-tiisve_KNilXYTlio_WKQE9j860BF1RfAZ8vaX_uvhoqE7pihUTU0AlH_SDU5qj7E8nbNuJai8O2iN-CzIqAL--blxHekROTC1MphJkRdRlXNxHTj-sHN1-Yg76nuMSQWzGBBAqZg1_cTIKCagJhdgBmTio3W9Mj48RVbVI_suirALfGEdg6RKzQnjbR88TOYnugBAwqkPHudpFKMEyjBnfOtahjnHGCj6iB1mUFS9W1nki02frwVYbtpc3PMi_4PRgvSlpmSVADMUCYws6lVwRzSAbZcXteh6Zp93EHT3hEuB0e1Loi48L0MJOIaxLDuOpOZ-FlUpsq0A66mYKW6VEa_fb8nwK5QUvywHek-R-oLcWNKIKaddr_l9WlLd8gAtH3OtzHZ9Zjdlt1jSP1U8Y_5eZSkkU7tht4q5Jus7EegaNJPU3Ucenqh_LiNjZ6KOTZNGm11nZ_QHoIjhKaKx_LvCC_vKHmK-PEEzgpC5qvLrvelpvy-c4ht2E-HcE6XRILuv59k1vvnuRvdKHvtUjbfSOWRZ5FhNBgl22MJ7duRuTnrITaC-6tk78HTKbcnb6D4m2fPvmFQrzjC28O7VMJo-vPh8PURmmAQJ06B7apsBki6wKl187473RpqYBIlxmSV0sb7i8qwg3onryeDfa0icLZ86_FC4Fyygnf-NNDCulzqaJ8EM6R1F3p7H5hg=w245-h183-no
My friend said the same shit this morning. He's a super Jay Z fan and I asked him what he thought about this verse. He immediately goes in to talking about Reasonable Doubt, telling me to go listen to Politics as Usual and D'evils. Im like bro, Ive heard the album before a million times. I get it. Niggas wont let that old ass album go.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Definitely not Jay's best but haven't heard him spit like that in a minute. Last memorable verse for me was the What's Free Meek Mill joint, which he definitely bodied.

Favorite verse from him all-time was that Dynasty Intro. Young hungry Jay.

Fire fire flow

What was crazy poetic is how we actually saw into his lyrical process here

Like the Rain man thing

He was obsessed with finding a million and one ways to flip food for thought on that album

As a writer and student of literature it was amazing to experience and I would catch it in a lot of his work

Hope floats, finish your breakfast etc etc

You could hear how his mind works and how we all get these thoughts stuck in our head and have to find ways to get them out

His improvisation style>>>>

Sidebar...

Criminally under appreciated album.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree with all of this, except for Drake ..

But yea, I love the grown man rap. It speaks to me. It’s seasoned and perfected, tangibles the youth sometimes struggle to offer. Kinda what made Jay Electronica so solid back when he was releasing tracks every 3 years.

I defend drake to the death

Cause that first mix tape was perfection

And that man crafted undeniable classic records not hot not hits

Classics

And his features were insane on the level of prime Wayne busta 2 chains method etc...

When he CHOOSES to really rap that boy good

But he is making it more and more difficult to defend his non rapping self

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
y'all niggaz HATE! DJ khalid

somebody should start a support group...lol
he wanna be black so bad.
i havent seen him even try to embrace his Palestinian heritage.
wouldnt be allowed to say the word "nigga" around me..........just sayin.