Is this Jay's best verse????

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He just seems bored to me. No energy just feels like spoken poetry. The tone puts me to sleep, dude be excited you are in the booth spitting your craft to the world.

I miss the Jay Z with some energy.

Have been rocking RJ Payne lately so my energy level is high.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
He just seems bored to me. No energy just feels like spoken poetry. The tone puts me to sleep, dude be excited you are in the booth spitting your craft to the world.

I miss the Jay Z with some energy.

Have been rocking RJ Payne lately so my energy level is high.

Thats what u got from
this verse? Interesting

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So you really want to go over every single artist and group in modern music

Who been in as long as Jay

With that track record of success

And show me

ESPECIALLY A WHITE ARTIST

Who is asked and expected to create and completely redefine they real history and subject matter.

Because unless you saying groundhog day about

Drake
Springsteen
Nas
LL
Taylor Swift
Adele
Beyonce
Coldplay
Rolling Stones
Pusha
Conway Benny Westside
Busta
Wayne
Nicki
Kendrick
Cole

Even one of the greatest MCs of all time Black Thought

The only things fans really go ape over is stream of consciousness I'm the baddest bars.

And ain't nothing wrong with that

But saying him talking about his LIFE and how it has EVOLVED is somehow lazy?

Nah.

And even if it is the same ole same?

So what.

No one does it better.

... is this Jay's best verse????

Last edited:

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He got some shit off his chest for sure, but my favorite Jay verse is his first verse on NEVER LET ME DOWN.

"Seen the Rovers roll up with ribbons.
I seen the repo'd, resold and re-driven."

Verse always made me focus on longevity and not just doing what's hot as an artist.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now THIS is a good thread topic

What is Hov greatest verse???

Pump it up freestyle might be the one (live that whole mix tape its on Tidal now)

Dear Summer,

What We do

So ghetto

22 Twos

Is that your chick remix

soon you'll understand
Only a customer
In my life time
Both these songs knock all of those out the box

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That shit was weak, He rap like he just putting words on a beat while thinking, "these niggas gon like anything I say l, why even try"... He referenced zaza and OG (trees), well that nigga flow was reggie...

The beat is actually pretty good, but he brought the value down, should've been one saved for Rick Ross, who would've done it much better justice...

I'll put up this track against that Jay track any day of the week... The beat - the beat switch - the delivery switches - the lyrical content way better

Khaled words aren't the seal of approval but he said and I quote regarding JIDs new album, The Forever Story: "You got a beautiful album"

robfmnola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That shit was weak, He rap like he just putting words on a beat while thinking, "these niggas gon like anything I say l, why even try"... He referenced zaza and OG (trees), well that nigga flow was reggie...

The beat is actually pretty good, but he brought the value down, should've been one saved for Rick Ross, who would've done it much better justice...

I'll put up this track against that Jay track any day of the week... The beat - the beat switch - the delivery switches - the lyrical content way better

Khaled words aren't the seal of approval but he said and I quote regarding JIDs new album, The Forever Story: "You got a beautiful album"

Not a Jay fan huh? I ain't mad atcha'. JID is a bad mf!!!!

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not a Jay fan huh? I ain't mad atcha'. JID is a bad mf!!!!
I use to be, but then Nas dropped Ether and Jay responded with Super Ugly - the talent difference was so evident... Then I started realizing whenever he did features, the guest artist usually ran circles around him... He's a better businessman than rapper... The OJ Story is dope tho...

JID, bruh, hands down my favorite rapper (other than Dolph - R.I.P) for the last 4-5yrs... With confidence, I'll put money on him vs anybody not name lil Wayne