Is there an unwritten rule where candidates must meet Black people at soul food spots, w/ hotsauce?

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
democratic-presidential-candidate-and-us-senator-john-kerry-dma-and-picture-id3045990

John Kerry
2004 eating in New Orleans

No bucket for the shells? They ain't really eating that crawfish.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Funny how we got stuck with that stereotype, when it was the Chinese that created fried chicken. Btw, politicians do this, because most of us tend to put optics over substance.

Man, we got stuck with a lot of stereotypes that had nothing to do with us. My favorite is the “lazy” stereotype.

Like how in the fuck did they come up with that during slavery times? A lazy slave? That’s like saying virgin prostitute.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Btw, politicians do this, because most of us tend to put optics over substance.

Exactly. The self hate has been so bad that blacks have been satisfied with "see, they don't mind being around us", thinking they are then worthy of a vote, instead of relying on their plan for issues that affect us.

And anorexic Al propping himself as the gatekeeper of the black vote with fried chicken and hot sauce. Pitiful shit.

That's why I like this ADOS movement and the insistence on certain issues. Fuck these photo ops.....how do you feel about XYZ. If you're not talking business, then no vote.

As it should be.

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
I dont know who you call the older crowd but Im past my forties and I find this shit to be obnoxiouly PHONEY as PHUCK...

it looks so fuckin orchestrated and staged..... sharpton looks so bought....

while eating chicken is not racist.... thinkin you could be seen as "one of them" because you are eatin chicken is racist as fuck...

I refuse to even watch the video, Im cringing just lookin at the fuckin screen cap

LOL

Right on, write on, bruh!! Im so tired of this same ole shit every 4yrs, its like watching a damn re-run with different actors!! Oops, I forgot there not actors!!

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Pandering to the older black demographic.

It's really a major red flag, as that older demographic is content with the dog & pony show that is eating soul food in *black-identified neighborhood, but usually Harlem*

The youth & the middle aged need to take the reigns of power from them.
I agree. I've been yelling about this pandering bullshit for the last two election cycles. Black Clergy are NOT leaders in the community anymore, fuck any and all candidates who try to mimic a Preacher's cadence, NO fucking popping up at churches and Soul Food joints for photo ops or none of that shit from the Civil Rights Era.
They're all red flags.:angry:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Got damn....just can't please niccas...

First the person they are meeting picks the place. Looks like Sylvia's to me. What would ya'll rather, that they meet at some white boys restaurant and keep letting them get the limelight.
Muhfuckas can meet in a Hall or an auditorium like any and everybody else.:hmm:

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Muhfuckas can meet in a Hall or an auditorium like any and everybody else.:hmm:

They do, when the are addressing a large crowd that calls for a hall or auditorium. Beto came to TSU and was in a huge hall. Bernie just met with a Black women's conference a huge conference room. They all will be at the NAACP candidate conference they have every year with hundreds of people.

But this post was about meeting with one, two or a few people......that happens in a restaurent, black or white.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Used to work.
Black people are beginning to wake up to the con game.
Those days are fucking over.
We shall see. A lot of money and power for people to sell out to dems. And if you question, :eek: Russian bot.

Next stop is the church and singing hymns. :smh: Bill had the sax game too. Obama could shoot hoops. Shit is so easy to get the black vote. If it ain't broke, why fix it.
I'm more concerned about Al Sharpton of all people being the black gatekeeper all candidates need to meet with.

He sold his soul a long time ago. :smh:

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Pandering to the older black demographic.

It's really a major red flag, as that older demographic is content with the dog & pony show that is eating soul food in *black-identified neighborhood, but usually Harlem*

The youth & the middle aged need to take the reigns of power from them.

You already have them. If you (we) simply increased the young blak vote percentage anywhere NEAR that of white folks, it is almost impossible for the MAGA crew to win. We really need to get down with the ex-cons in FL.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
You already have them. If you (we) simply increased the young blak vote percentage anywhere NEAR that of white folks, it is almost impossible for the MAGA crew to win. We really need to get down with the ex-cons in FL.
It's not simply about removing trump. It's about getting some representation out of these politicians for once.

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
I agree. I've been yelling about this pandering bullshit for the last two election cycles. Black Clergy are NOT leaders in the community anymore, fuck any and all candidates who try to mimic a Preacher's cadence, NO fucking popping up at churches and Soul Food joints for photo ops or none of that shit from the Civil Rights Era.
They're all red flags.:angry:

Ive been saying that for decades and all I got was "the look"!!!

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
U a republicoon? Or independent?

Im a independent!! I just didnt like the direction the democrats were heading and I dont like the idea of them thinking just because Im copper color, they dont have to do anything for my vote!! The days when a democrat would show up at a church, sing or clap to a song, give a feel good speech, kiss a baby and shake hands are far behind us.. I wanna see a written plan and how its going to affect our people. And have them understand if they are not holding up their end of the deal, we will recall their ass in a heartbeat.. But since we dont live in a real world, everything Ive highlighted happens every 4yrs like clockwork and people seem to be happy with it!!

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
If Fatback Sharpton is the determining factor of who you vote for in 2020, you deserve another 4 years of Trump.

So basically in this thread, we've all just really acknowledged the power that Al has weaseled himself into over the years, and this whole "talk to me over some chicken and hot sauce " is his format.

badboyyawdie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why is this so bad ? It’s cheesy as fuck but this ain’t know different than what white people do to there base. Except white people take it to kkk level

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
We shall see. A lot of money and power for people to sell out to dems. And if you question, :eek: Russian bot.

Next stop is the church and singing hymns. :smh: Bill had the sax game too. Obama could shoot hoops. Shit is so easy to get the black vote. If it ain't broke, why fix it.

He sold his soul a long time ago. :smh:

Right on, bruh!!! Whenever I see billy clinton playing that sax and people saying he was a black president, I just shake my head with pure disgust!! Anyway, every 4 yrs its like groundhog day over and over!! One of these days, years, decades, centuries we will snap outta the trance and figure it out!! Until that day happens get ready for the same script, just with different faces(not a different plan)!!

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
So basically in this thread, we've all just really acknowledged the power that Al has weaseled himself into over the years, and this whole "talk to me over some chicken and hot sauce " is his format.
As we see in the 60 minutes interview, this was the plan all along to become a Boule puppet.

Or was he a legit freedom fighter before he got caught in the coke sting only to get turned out and literally saving his ass?

Either way, his legacy or what’s left of it is forever tarnished.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Why is this so bad ? It’s cheesy as fuck but this ain’t know different than what white people do to there base. Except white people take it to kkk level
Yeah, there is pandering at all levels. But the difference republicans haven't done 1/10 the damage to their base that democrats have done to the black community. And it's depressing to think those are the good guys. So the pandering is especially insulting.

If that white base for republicans got what the black base for democrats got these last 50 years, they'd be rioting. For example, could you imagine if cacs couldn't walk/drive around in their own cities without all this police harassment and republicans had ran those cities for decades? Then a republican shows up ever 4 years to eat mayo on rye with them like it's all sweet. Yeah, that would work. :lol:

Right on, bruh!!! Whenever I see billy clinton playing that sax and people saying he was a black president, I just shake my head with pure disgust!! Anyway, every 4 yrs its like groundhog day over and over!! One of these days, years, decades, centuries we will snap outta the trance and figure it out!! Until that day happens get ready for the same script, just with different faces(not a different plan)!!

Game is the game at this point. It works so well, why would they stop? Shit. I don't blame them at all.