Iron Mike's back... exhibition bout with ROY JONES JR on Sept 12.... now postponed to Nov 28

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Roy :smh:

They aren't going to try for KOs?....can Tyson fight like that?....for an exhibition I actually like it....just not sure what I am going to see....I get that its all in fun but how can Mike possibly hope to win without going for the ko and 8 rounds seems kinda long

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
They aren't going to try for KOs?....can Tyson fight like that?....for an exhibition I actually like it....just not sure what I am going to see....I get that its all in fun but how can Mike possibly hope to win without going for the ko and 8 rounds seems kinda long
Roy Jones biggest strength was his quickness. He doesn't have that quickness anymore. Mike Tyson has always had boxing skills, plus the knockout power.

Last edited:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Roy Jones ace in the hole was his quickness. He doesn't have that quickness anymore. Mike Tyson has always had boxing skills, plus the knockout power.
Will be interesting....Roy lost his superman reflexes but still continued with his habit of laying back against the ropes even when he couldn't take advantage of openings against higher level comp....but he is still a boxing savant...Roy should be the better conditioned of the two since he is still semi active....no idea what Tyson still possesses

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Please no, Mike. Please no, Roy. I don't even care if any proceeds go to charity. Just live your lives.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
This type of shit at this stage of these men's lives should be happening at Wrestlemania or Summer Slam as a 6 man tag match with two wrestlers on each team doing most of the fighting.

If you don't get what I'm saying, It's too late for this shit.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Jones will circle and pop, tired him out then pepper him
This is what I am thinking as well...if Roy lean on the ropes maybe Mike can lean on him with the bigger weight and do something with his hook and uppercut combo if he can catch him ....Tyson will probably be tired as hell after 3

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is what I am thinking as well...if Roy lean on the ropes maybe Mike can lean on him with the bigger weight and do something with his hook and uppercut combo if he can catch him ....Tyson will probably be tired as hell after 3
Roy can’t stand still at all or his rib will be in his socks. Roy needs to stay at angles and shoot jabs and make Mike pick up his feet. Circle left and right with jabs and Mike will gassed in 3 rounds. Jones will need a stoppage on accumulation because he can’t KO Mike.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Roy can’t stand still at all or his rib will be in his socks. Roy needs to stay at angles and shoot jabs and make Mike pick up his feet. Circle left and right with jabs and Mike will gassed in 3 rounds. Jones will need a stoppage on accumulation because he can’t KO Mike.
This more a glorified sparring session so I dont expect anybody to be looking for a ko...will be funny to watch Mike as his whole style is setup to allow a short heavyweight to knock out taller guys...peek a boo pressure style with short bursts of explosive energy (LOL Mike gonna be tired as shit real quick)...man I cant wait for this shit the more I think bout it...nice stop gap until big fights come back

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
glorified sparring session. mike saying what he needs to so interest builds. ill watch for retro sake but im not expecting much or taking it seriously

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
mistake... the should have had them fight two soup cans.. on the same card