If I’m Ben Simmons, this is how I’m practicing EVERYDAY

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

thats the issue... that trade demand sword cuts both ways... any team taking simmons is only doing it for his defensive capabilities...that star shine hes enjoyed since coming into the league has diminished. Teams know he's an offensive liability at this point and his indifferent attitude about it doesn't help.

Any team taking him on is gonna play/use him in a certain way...there wont be any dynamic duos where he's ALSO the star feature like he was on the sixers...at best IMO he'll be a glorified role player. The question is what can you get for that???

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Shooting is the hardest skill to do and master...
Hitting a jump shot with a hand in your face, yeah. A free throw though? For someone who been playing the game for at least a few years? Cats would be shitfaced at the playground playing 33 and still hit at least half. And that's outside with the wind on crooked ass rims. :smh:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hope the 76ers dare him to sit out forfeit game checks
demanding a trade when you have 4 years left on your contract, after that playoff series
sixers should sit him until a good deal comes or wait until the trade deadline
Ben Simmons watched his father’s best friend Brett Brown get burned alive. I think Ben is a sociopath. He will burn his contract and ruin the league.

Worse than Micheal Carter Williams.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hitting a jump shot with a hand in your face, yeah. A free throw though? For someone who been playing the game for at least a few years? Cats would be shitfaced at the playground playing 33 and still hit at least half. And that's outside with the wind on crooked ass rims. :smh:
Free throws is mental; jump shot is skill technique and mental; Simmons has none of the above...

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You sound ridiculous...
Worse than Micheal Carter Williams. That dude stunk but at least he was infected with Iverson disease. The ability to keep fucking shooting. If Ben isn’t dunking, he isn’t shooting. If Sam Hinke was here Ben wouldn’t have been here for the last 3 summers.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Worse than Micheal Carter Williams. That dude stunk but at least he was infected with Iverson disease. The ability to keep fucking shooting. If Ben isn’t dunking, he isn’t shooting. If Sam Hinke was here Ben wouldn’t have been here for the last 3 summers.
I really dont know what you are talking about; Ben cant shoot ok cool; but the sixers organization threw him under the bus in front of everyone; now one can argue they should or shouldnt have but they did; and thats why Ben is reacting the way he is; Calling him a sociopath because he cant shoot or because he wants out of Philly, is ridiculousness...

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I really dont know what you are talking about; Ben cant shoot ok cool; but the sixers organization threw him under the bus in front of everyone; now one can argue they should or shouldnt have but they did; and thats why Ben is reacting the way he is; Calling him a sociopath because he cant shoot or because he wants out of Philly, is ridiculousness...
If Ben Simmons didn’t change for his fathers friend, he isn’t changing. Just watch his corny summertime videos and all is going to be well.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He's done in Philly especially after what Doc and Embiid said after the lost in the playoffs. :itsawrap:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He's done in Philly especially after what Doc and Embiid said after the lost in the playoffs. :itsawrap:
If the Sixers were smart they would have fired Doc. I mean if they were smart they wouldn’t of hired him in the first place. You think it’s a good to hire a guy who can’t finish coaching games for a team who can’t seem to get over the hump?

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My thing is if you want to save the relationship why say anything in public? Why not say what u got to say to him instead of everyone else? Regardless of who he is as a player why embarrass the man if u wanna keep him? Now they are fucked and won't get shit for him. Or maybe they will because there are a lot of stupid gms :hmm:

Man dude is getting paid MILLIONS, to play & work on his game when he's not playing. This bamma played like a yellow bus school student in the playoffs. His first thing should have been to admit that HE played like shit & that all he was going to do in the off season was work on his game and do whatever it took to get his shit straight. What Embid or one of those other dudes should have done was slapped the shit out of his ass in the locker room or practice, you want to hoe up in game well you'll get treated like a hoe. Folks keep defending dude but his whole attitude is trash.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man dude is getting paid MILLIONS, to play & work on his game when he's not playing. This bamma played like a yellow bus school student in the playoffs. His first thing should have been to admit that HE played like shit & that all he was going to do in the off season was work on his game and do whatever it took to get his shit straight. What Embid or one of those other dudes should have done was slapped the shit out of his ass in the locker room or practice, you want to hoe up in game well you'll get treated like a hoe. Folks keep defending dude but his whole attitude is trash.
The first thing that sociopath would say is he’s a 3x all star and rookie of the year.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What does his pay and play have to do with saying comments about him publicly? :hmm: his coach and teammates should have shut their mouths if they wanted to save the relationship. Everything should have been handled behind close doors. All I'm saying...

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What does his pay and play have to do with saying comments about him publicly? :hmm: his coach and teammates should have shut their mouths if they wanted to save the relationship. Everything should have been handled behind close doors. All I'm saying...

These soft assed dudes need to stop acting like moist hoes, you play like some shit expect to hear about it. These dudes want all the pats on the back & mentions when they do something good, but can't stand the be criticized when they play like some shit.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These soft assed dudes need to stop acting like moist hoes, you play like some shit expect to hear about it. These dudes want all the pats on the back & mentions when they do something good, but can't stand the be criticized when they play like some shit.
He gets criticized and critique all the time by fans media etc...what does that have to do with his coach criticizing him in public? Why can't his coach criticize him in private, especially since his coach is backtracking now and so is his teammates. It was dumb for them to say that in public. They should have kept it behind close doors. Now they stuck and whole league laughing at them. What can they do?

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He gets criticized and critique all the time by fans media etc...what does that have to do with his coach criticizing him in public? Why can't his coach criticize him in private, especially since his coach is backtracking now and so is his teammates. It was dumb for them to say that in public. They should have kept it behind close doors. Now they stuck and whole league laughing at them. What can they do?

What exactly did Doc Rivers say after the game that was critical of Ben Simmons?

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What exactly did Doc Rivers say after the game that was critical of Ben Simmons?
That fool said he doesn't know if he can win with him as the starting pg; in so many words. Now he trying to meet with Ben to "repair the relationship". Frankly I don't care what he said, he just should have said it behind close doors. Why well don't ruin his trade value; don't embarrass him in public; maybe you could help him get better; hell maybe you could trick another team into taking him...now it's Ben saying fuck all of u trade me bitches lol. And the sixers not getting anything for him. So now they might have to take a bad deal just to get rid of him. Why would any team offer anything of value at this point? I mean they might sucker a team though. I'm just saying why do that and now they can't repair the relationship....

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That fool said he doesn't know if he can win with him as the starting pg; in so many words. Now he trying to meet with Ben to "repair the relationship". Frankly I don't care what he said, he just should have said it behind close doors. Why well don't ruin his trade value; don't embarrass him in public; maybe you could help him get better; hell maybe you could trick another team into taking him...now it's Ben saying fuck all of u trade me bitches lol. And the sixers not getting anything for him. So now they might have to take a bad deal just to get rid of him. Why would any team offer anything of value at this point? I mean they might sucker a team though. I'm just saying why do that and now they can't repair the relationship....

He already did that in Game 7 versus the Hawks

when did players become so weak that they can't handle some public criticism
he needed to be called out
For 30 million a year call me out everyday especially if I play like shit
I can't understand anyone defending Ben at this point
sit his ass until December 15 at least and see what offers are available

nigga passed up a dunk because Trae Young was coming over lol

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The cold war between Simmons and the Sixers has moved to another level in recent days. Last week, Philadelphia took the $8.25 million Simmons was owed on Oct. 1 and dropped it into an escrow account, creating a piggy bank of sorts the team could crack open at any time. When Simmons no-showed the Sixers' preseason opener against the Raptors, a sizeable chunk—$360,000, per ESPN—was pulled out of it. That’s money that, according to the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement, Simmons can never recoup.

What a mess. The Sixers struck a conciliatory tone toward Simmons on media day. Doc Rivers tried to convince reporters that when he said he didn’t know whether Simmons could be a championship-level point guard at the end of last season he meant something else (he didn’t), Daryl Morey expressed optimism that Simmons could still report (there isn’t) and Joel Embiid made a public plea for Simmons to return.

That positivity, however, seems to have evaporated. The Athletic reported that Simmons believes his partnership with Joel Embiid had “run its course.” The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that Simmons was “mentally exhausted.” The recent reporting triggered Embiid, who hinted that Simmons's desire to be a primary ballhandler was why Jimmy Butler was gone, calling the situation “weird, disappointing, borderline kind of disrespectful to all the guys that are out here fighting for their lives.”

It’s war now between the Sixers and Simmons, and both sides appear dug in. Simmons is clearly willing to sacrifice some money—skipping the four preseason games alone will cost Simmons a cool $1.4 million, per ESPN—while Philadelphia is unwilling to be bullied into making a deal just to rid itself of the distraction. Rival executives, even those interested in prying Simmons away from the Sixers, agree. “F--- that,” says an Eastern Conference team exec. “You let a guy force his way out with four years left on a max contract and you set a terrible precedent. They can’t cave.”

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm not defending Ben Simmons. Dude is a head case clearly; but the sixers just played their hand wrong, is all I'm saying....

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not defending Ben Simmons. Dude is a head case clearly; but the sixers just played their hand wrong, is all I'm saying....

I gotcha. Yes the coach could have side stepped the question better but I hope they hold firm for awhile. Giving in to a player demanding a trade with 4 years on your contract would set a bad precedent.

And clearly he's a head case

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Embiid sees Ben walking thru Embiid voice* ahhhhlaa Tobias…. Tobias.. I’m gonna go into daaa locker room make sure dat uhhhh Ben comes in and You lock Dah door make sure he ahhh don’t get out. Ima neeed Ahhh 5 min wit dat MUTHAFUCKA