If I’m Ben Simmons, this is how I’m practicing EVERYDAY

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Listening to Daryl Morey & if he's being honest, this situation is is not ending well for anyone. Everyone is now going to lose. Ben will get his contract. I can't imagine the Sixers fining him out of his salary if he shows up. So if they dig in for 4 years, obviously Philly would have gotten nothing for Ben. At that point Ben would have played little to no high level competitive basketball in 4 years. So both sides would lose money. Ben would get a minimum deal probably. The Sixers would have essentially paid a guy 150+ million to do nothing.

As long as the organization is not willing to trade him for anything but a difference maker, he's not going anywhere. Unless a team is absolutely desperate for a change. What organization would want a guy that could absolutely mentally shut down if he doesn't get his way? How does Rich Paul swing this to make the Sixers the bad guys when Ben is literally pouting. How does Rich convince another organization that if Ben is traded there, that he "definitely" won't do this if he has a bad stretch of games & the coach, fans, & teammates attempt to hold him accountable. Ben's reputation is in the toilet & his team is not giving him good advice. And if they are & he's not listening then the consequences are squarely on his shoulders. The Sixers are not blameless. They should have moved him before other teams had visual evidence of Ben's bitchness. Now it's too late.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Listening to Daryl Morey & if he's being honest, this situation is is not ending well for anyone. Everyone is now going to lose. Ben will get his contract. I can't imagine the Sixers fining him out of his salary if he shows up. So if they dig in for 4 years, obviously Philly would have gotten nothing for Ben. At that point Ben would have played little to no high level competitive basketball in 4 years. So both sides would lose money. Ben would get a minimum deal probably. The Sixers would have essentially paid a guy 150+ million to do nothing.

As long as the organization is not willing to trade him for anything but a difference maker, he's not going anywhere. Unless a team is absolutely desperate for a change. What organization would want a guy that could absolutely mentally shut down if he doesn't get his way? How does Rich Paul swing this to make the Sixers the bad guys when Ben is literally pouting. How does Rich convince another organization that if Ben is traded there, that he "definitely" won't do this if he has a bad stretch of games & the coach, fans, & teammates attempt to hold him accountable. Ben's reputation is in the toilet & his team is not giving him good advice. And if they are & he's not listening then the consequences are squarely on his shoulders. The Sixers are not blameless. They should have moved him before other teams had visual evidence of Ben's bitchness. Now it's too late.
Ben isn’t going to get a max deal again.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Basically this nigga's not gonna make anymore money till he cuts the shit. I blame Rich Paul for this. Dude game him some shitty advice on how to handle the situation.

oKn9AD.jpg