Ice Cube's Big 3( 3 On 3 Basketball Official Thread)

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
Penny Hardaway would be a good choice if he's willing and is in shape. Harold Miner, Isiah Rider, Jerry Stackhouse, Bynum. It mostly come down to what shape these guys are in. They should grab up some more of the guys in their 30's who didn't pan out.

Bynum would be interesting as he isn't old in any sense.

B-Witty

I am on point like a tattle tell................!
Registered
what channel does this come on? I gotta C my fav player Tino play...... His game was so undderrated in the NBA

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Some Major Changes Are Already Coming To The BIG3
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/big-3-week-1-rule-changes-injuries-jason-williams-corey-maggette/2/

The league added that it would be adjusting the total score required to win a game from 60 points to 50, hopefully reducing the average game time. If everything goes according to plan, this would allow for all four games to fit into the Fox Sports three-hour broadcast.

The BIG3 is trying to separate itself from other major sports leagues by announcing these moves proactively.

“Our approach was smart because we can make adjustments,” Kwatinetz said on the call. “What’s great is we have the flexibility to be able to be proactive and not wait five years to make rules changes, to make the fan experience better right away.”

Next week, the games are in Charlotte, North Carolina, which is said to have had ticket sales spike due to the first weekend’s success.

futureshock

Renegade of this atomic age
Registered
Next week, the games are in Charlotte, North Carolina, which is said to have had ticket sales spike due to the first weekend’s success.

I am kinda shocked that they do not come to Atlanta at all this season. It seems as if that could have been an easy sell. Maybe they could have played in the Gwinett Arena or at GATech since Phillips is being renovated.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I am kinda shocked that they do not come to Atlanta at all this season. It seems as if that could have been an easy sell. Maybe they could have played in the Gwinett Arena or at GATech since Phillips is being renovated.
Yeah that crossed my mind. You would think it would be a definite stop.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Jason Williams out 6-8 months after injury in Big3 debut

NEW YORK (AP) Former NBA point guard Jason Williams will miss six to eight months after suffering a knee injury in the opening game of the Big3.

Corey Maggette also won't be on the court after lower leg surgery, but Ice Cube expects to see more of Allen Iverson on it as his 3-on-3 league of former NBA players heads to Charlotte, North Carolina, for its second week.

The injuries were announced Wednesday during a conference call with Cube and Big3 co-founder Jeff Kwatinetz, who argued that the injuries had nothing to do with the league's use of older players.

''We had four games and in those four games less people were injured than will most likely be injured in any single first game in the NFL this year,'' he said. ''People are injured in the NBA all the time, unfortunately. Cars crash in NASCAR and these things do happen. We do believe that there was intensity that maybe everybody didn't expect and there will be an adjustment period as the season goes on.''

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was thinking the same thing ab0ut DC. Easy to sell tickets here

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
i see they deaded that first to 60 shit and the first game still took forever

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Watching the game that aired Monday. I can see Mccants getting himself a roster spot next season in the NBA.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
yeah the first 2 games were good in charlotte. Mobley has the perfect game for this. Who needs to play in this is AGENT 0, I know he would be blazing those 4pts shots.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
I don't know if its a real lack of interest, being out of shape or injury but Iverson looks like he is just out there taking up space. He has no kind of hustle and looks like he doesn't even want the ball. Muhammad Abdul Rauf almost 50 and he moves better than Iverson was

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
I don't know if its a real lack of interest, being out of shape or injury but Iverson looks like he is just out there taking up space. He has no kind of hustle and looks like he doesn't even want the ball. Muhammad Abdul Rauf almost 50 and he moves better than Iverson was

yeah hes clearly done. hes the only athlete not giving any effort. like he's afraid of getting hurt or something. they billed this league around him and he's literally the worst player they have. hopefully hes just extremely out of shape and will do better in the future.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
SSsssshhhheeeiiiittt...... If they keep the injuries down.... this BIG3 league is gonna BLOW UP!! :yes:

Btw, I really like IDEAS #4 and #5 on this list. :yes:

Big3-2017-960x360-Webhero-8d23e997ec.png

5 ways to improve the Big3 basketball league

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...-cube-allen-iverson/3s0nrzr89ubu1vyoh2onk7hoe

1. Don't allow games to end on a made free throw.

End-of-quarter plays in the NBA are among the most exciting in basketball, and while the Big3 has a point limit rather than a time limit, the league could recreate a similar game-is-on-the-line feeling in the arena by refusing to allow games to end on a free throw. The Big3 should implement this rule: If a player is fouled while shooting and the subsequent free throw would allow the offensive team to win the game, the offensive team will instead maintain possession with a new shot clock.

2. Expand the 4-point shot.

Arguably the most exciting play in basketball, categorically speaking, is a dunk. Due to the Big3's halfcourt setup, combined with the increasing age and declining athleticism of the league's players, dunks are hard to come by in the league. While I did spend time in the interview room and didn't witness every minute of Big3 action on Sunday, I only saw one dunk.

So how can the Big3 compensate? The 4-pointer is a good place to start.

Expanding the 4-point zone from three circles to an arc that spans the entire court would give players more opportunities to make 4-pointers and make the long-range offensive strategy less obvious than it is in its current format, where it's easy to spot a player running to a 4-point circle. :yes:

3. Develop stronger brands for the eight Big3 teams.

This will by no means be a quick and easy process. Part of the league's success will hinge on continuing to draw popular ex-NBA players and keeping them healthy.
If the Big3 can continue to draw big-name players who fans love (or love to hate) the league will be better for it.

4. Unveil surprise guests in each city. :yes:

This improvement follows along with the idea of McCants playing in Charlotte, where one disgruntled fan yelled, "Boo, snitch! He's a snitch!" Having players with ties to the host city is better for the league.

Some of the stops on the Big3's 10-city tour will have no problem drawing fans and celebrities, such as Brooklyn, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, but each city should have at least one guest player who isn't revealed until the day of the event. This is unquestionably an extreme example, but imagine if Michael Jordan suited up to play when the Big3 came to Charlotte. :yes::yes:

The Big3 goes to Lexington, Ky., for Week 7 and the University of Kentucky has produced more than enough capable basketball players. Imagine if each of the eight teams added a former Kentucky great to their rosters. Rupp Arena would go wild. Having at least one, but ideally several, surprise player(s) for each stop of the tour would add suspense, intrigue and hometown flavor. :yes: That would be especially valuable in the smaller markets. :yes:

5. Draw more celebrities to Big3 games. :yes:

In Week 2, LL Cool J, singer Anthony Hamilton, Hornets players Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and former Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith were in attendance. So was the league's co-founder, Ice Cube. The camera crew wasn't shy about putting the celebrities on the Jumbotron, and fans flocked to them throughout the event.

If the Big3 can turn into a traveling version of Madison Square Garden or Staples Center, where A-list stars are known to sit courtside during games, the league will be elevated to another level. :yes::yes:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
big3-league-2017-results-spoilers-highlights-for-week-2.jpg

The Big3 league is off to hot start and organizers plan to keep up momentum

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-three-on-three-basketball-20170630-story.html

Organizers are trying to convert the momentum into long-term viability. The Big3, which has a stop at Staples Center on Aug. 13, is an eight-team league with a 10-week schedule. It was a surprising success in its first day of games, on Sunday.

About 15,000 fans showed up at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, roughly the same as a regular-season Brooklyn Nets game. :eek: Despite an anachronistic one-day tape delay for television, nearly 400,000 viewers tuned in to Fox Sports 1, which is more than for the the Pac-12 Conference championship game on the same network two season ago.

Attendance and viewership “both exceeded expectations by a lot,” said Jeff Kwatinetz, who co-founded the league with Cube.

Big3 league schedule:

July 2: Charlotte, N.C.

July 9: Tulsa, Okla.

July 16: Philadelphia

July 23: Chicago

July 30: Dallas

Aug. 6: Lexington, Ky.

Aug. 13: Los Angeles (Staples Center)

Aug. 20: Playoffs, Seattle

Aug. 26: Championship, Las Vegas

Last edited:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Big3 league is off to hot start and organizers plan to keep up momentum
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-three-on-three-basketball-20170630-story.html

Organizers are trying to convert the momentum into long-term viability. The Big3, which has a stop at Staples Center on Aug. 13, is an eight-team league with a 10-week schedule. It was a surprising success in its first day of games, on Sunday.

About 15,000 fans showed up at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, roughly the same as a regular-season Brooklyn Nets game. :eek: Despite an anachronistic one-day tape delay for television, nearly 400,000 viewers tuned in to Fox Sports 1, which is more than for the the Pac-12 Conference championship game on the same network two season ago.

Attendance and viewership “both exceeded expectations by a lot,” said Jeff Kwatinetz, who co-founded the league with Cube.

Big3 league schedule:

July 2: Charlotte, N.C.

July 9: Tulsa, Okla.

July 16: Philadelphia

July 23: Chicago

July 30: Dallas

Aug. 6: Lexington, Ky.

Aug. 13: Los Angeles (Staples Center)

Aug. 20: Playoffs, Seattle

Aug. 26: Championship, Las Vegas

They get bigger name players to play in this shit; they will get paid big time for this shit...

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They get bigger name players to play in this shit; they will get paid big time for this shit...
^^^ Agreed. :yes::yes::yes::yes:

This 3v3 format is right up Hakeem The Dream's alley. :yes:
He could prolly drop at least 20+ pts all by himself.... ON EVERYBODY..... right now. :yes::rolleyes:

After calling Olajuwon... Cube needs to call up these 3 guys... :yes:

b3jyvm.jpg

And this guy... :yes::yes:

Getty_S_062513_Allen.jpg

And these 2 guys :yes:

Michael-Jordan-Kobe-Bryant-Chicago-Bulls-1998_2360518.jpg

Last edited:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^ Agreed. :yes::yes::yes::yes:

This 3v3 format is right up Hakeem The Dream's alley. :yes:
He could prolly drop at least 20+ pts all by himself.... ON EVERYBODY..... right now. :yes::rolleyes:

After calling Olajuwon... Cube needs to call up these 3 guys... :yes:

b3jyvm.jpg

And this guy... :yes::yes:

Getty_S_062513_Allen.jpg

And these 2 guys :yes:

Michael-Jordan-Kobe-Bryant-Chicago-Bulls-1998_2360518.jpg

Get them all; Players invest in the league as well; shit they all get paid; this shit has some serious potential...