I had another stroke; need some help

I’m just now seeing this. My bad that I’m late.

Been on here since ‘97. First time I can remember a government and a face being shared that wasn’t an ock.

Sorry you’re dealing with this fam. Prayer sent for a speedy recovery and an anonymous $25 donated to the cause. Heal up, black man.
 
IMG-9964.jpg
To my brothers at BGOL,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Your generosity, encouragement, and support over the past week have meant more to me than I can put into words.

Recovering from a TIA has been one of the most unexpected challenges I’ve ever faced, but knowing I have a community of brothers who genuinely care has made this journey so much easier. Whether you donated, shared my GoFundMe, reached out, or simply kept me in your thoughts, I want you to know that I appreciate every single one of you.

I’m taking my recovery one day at a time, following my doctors’ recommendations, and getting the support I need. Your kindness has given me the space to focus on healing, and for that, I will always be grateful.

Thank you, brothers. Much love and respect to each of you.

I'm glad that you getting well brother!!.. :yes:
 
I’m just now seeing this. My bad that I’m late.

Been on here since ‘97. First time I can remember a government and a face being shared that wasn’t an ock.

Sorry you’re dealing with this fam. Prayer sent for a speedy recovery and an anonymous $25 donated to the cause. Heal up, black man.
Thank you, my friend. I forgot how long I have been here but I have nothing to hide. I sincerely appreciate you and thank you so much. :)
 
One of the podcasters I listen to that had a stroke in July.


















 
One of the podcasters I listen to that had a stroke in July.



















Hello, brethren. I will definitely check this out. Thank you so much for sharing. I’m beginning to see more stories about people dealing with strokes. I don’t feel so alone.
 
Hello, brethren. I will definitely check this out. Thank you so much for sharing. I’m beginning to see more stories about people dealing with strokes. I don’t feel so alone.



You're welcome, Chris.


He's one of the guys I've listened to over the years. Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner, MMA media, and a rock & roll frontman. A wildman of sorts. He's in his early-60s ... married to a woman in her mid- to late-30s or so. Has a few kids in their 20s, and a younger child under 5 or 7yo with his current wife. Always has interesting stories about his experiences.

I'm not sure if any of the links I provided about his experience / recovery have the details included, but there was a post some weeks back from his producer which documents exactly what happened in getting him medical assistance.

Him and his family relocated to Spain from the California area within the past year. In early-July his wife and daughter were away from the home (holiday, if I recall correctly) and he not in contact with her or his producer for his podcast, and concerns arose. His wife had also reached out to a neighbor and / or friend of the family (realtor?) or someone along those lines to check in. There was also follow-up from security or police, and the wife asked them to peer in to see if they could see someone inside. They spotted someone on a couch ... she was on a phone or videocall with them from abroad PLEADING with them to break the window or door and gain access. Noting this was a LIFE OR DEATH situation and that they had her permission to do so.

When she relayed the information to the producer to share with his newsletter readers / podcast listeners ... it was very much like a play-by-play account of getting him to medical services.

Plus the recovery process with speech / music therapy and so on.

Very interesting.


* Continued best wishes to you with your recovery too.
 
Glad your doing better man.. You remind me i need to take my Cholestoro pills nightly. I forget a lot! We can all do better with lifestyle changes no matter how good we think we are doing.
I’m actually about to take my meds right now and go to bed. Take care of yourself, my friend.
 
You're welcome, Chris.


He's one of the guys I've listened to over the years. Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner, MMA media, and a rock & roll frontman. A wildman of sorts. He's in his early-60s ... married to a woman in her mid- to late-30s or so. Has a few kids in their 20s, and a younger child under 5 or 7yo with his current wife. Always has interesting stories about his experiences.

I'm not sure if any of the links I provided about his experience / recovery have the details included, but there was a post some weeks back from his producer which documents exactly what happened in getting him medical assistance.

Him and his family relocated to Spain from the California area within the past year. In early-July his wife and daughter were away from the home (holiday, if I recall correctly) and he not in contact with her or his producer for his podcast, and concerns arose. His wife had also reached out to a neighbor and / or friend of the family (realtor?) or someone along those lines to check in. There was also follow-up from security or police, and the wife asked them to peer in to see if they could see someone inside. They spotted someone on a couch ... she was on a phone or videocall with them from abroad PLEADING with them to break the window or door and gain access. Noting this was a LIFE OR DEATH situation and that they had her permission to do so.

When she relayed the information to the producer to share with his newsletter readers / podcast listeners ... it was very much like a play-by-play account of getting him to medical services.

Plus the recovery process with speech / music therapy and so on.

Very interesting.


* Continued best wishes to you with your recovery too.
Bless you, brethren. I really appreciate your support and for sharing this wisdom with me. You guys have given me strength.
 
Bless you, brethren. I really appreciate your support and for sharing this wisdom with me. You guys have given me strength.



You're welcome, Chris. Stay strong and keep recovering and thanks to you as well sharing your story with everyone. It's important as we've all dealt with, or will deal with, similar situations with major health challenges for ourselves, or our friends & family.

One of my best friends had a stroke 10 years ago.

One of my yardworking / landscaping clients had one while driving in his neighborhood back in the late-90s or early-00s.

My coworker had one in the 2010s.

My grandma had one at my college graduation back in 2003. I picked up on it as I was driving with her after the event, and she was confused. I cross-referenced with a classmate of mine who had crossed paths with her earlier on at the graduation ... and realized yes ... it was in fact a medical emergency and notified my dad (who had also been there) and we got her to the hospital ASAP.
 
You're welcome, Chris. Stay strong and keep recovering and thanks to you as well sharing your story with everyone. It's important as we've all dealt with, or will deal with, similar situations with major health challenges for ourselves, or our friends & family.

One of my best friends had a stroke 10 years ago.

One of my yardworking / landscaping clients had one while driving in his neighborhood back in the late-90s or early-00s.

My coworker had one in the 2010s.

My grandma had one at my college graduation back in 2003. I picked up on it as I was driving with her after the event, and she was confused. I cross-referenced with a classmate of mine who had crossed paths with her earlier on at the graduation ... and realized yes ... it was in fact a medical emergency and notified my dad (who had also been there) and we got her to the hospital ASAP.
Ohmigod... wow! Your grandmother had one at your graduation? My goodness! Glad you were there to help her, my friend! And thank you for your encourgement, man. You have absolutely no idea how much this means to me.
 
Ohmigod... wow! Your grandmother had one at your graduation? My goodness! Glad you were there to help her, my friend! And thank you for your encourgement, man. You have absolutely no idea how much this means to me.



You got it regarding the encouragement.


I know you would do the same for your peers here on BGOL, just going by the appreciation you've shown to everyone for their support.


Yeah ... the grandma situation was really interesting. It was an evening event, the graduation. So by the time we got out of there it was after 10pm. As we got out to the car and we're departing, grandma was asking me questions like where we were, and how come by parents weren't there with her. What city we were in, etc.

She had sat with my parents for 3+ hours. She was familiar with the city as it was 20 - 25 mins from home.

Took her to the hospital and was there until the morning once she'd been assessed, etc. Then we left and she stayed for additional medical care. When I called my classmate from the payphone, I explained the situation. She mentioned to me she crossed paths with her in the hallway earlier in the evening, and grandma had asked her where the washroom was. She was slightly confused. So it might have already happened by then, though she was mid-70s by then.

* Side note ... grandma had an additional stroke back in the late-80s when she was babysitting us kids. When my parents had gotten home back then, grandma had asked them why the TV was blurry and fuzzy / distorted. Apparently she had lost vision in 1 eye, and the other eye wasn't as strong. So that initial stroke was probably about 15+ years prior to the aforementioned college graduation in '03.
 
You got it regarding the encouragement.


I know you would do the same for your peers here on BGOL, just going by the appreciation you've shown to everyone for their support.


Yeah ... the grandma situation was really interesting. It was an evening event, the graduation. So by the time we got out of there it was after 10pm. As we got out to the car and we're departing, grandma was asking me questions like where we were, and how come by parents weren't there with her. What city we were in, etc.

She had sat with my parents for 3+ hours. She was familiar with the city as it was 20 - 25 mins from home.

Took her to the hospital and was there until the morning once she'd been assessed, etc. Then we left and she stayed for additional medical care. When I called my classmate from the payphone, I explained the situation. She mentioned to me she crossed paths with her in the hallway earlier in the evening, and grandma had asked her where the washroom was. She was slightly confused. So it might have already happened by then, though she was mid-70s by then.

* Side note ... grandma had an additional stroke back in the late-80s when she was babysitting us kids. When my parents had gotten home back then, grandma had asked them why the TV was blurry and fuzzy / distorted. Apparently she had lost vision in 1 eye, and the other eye wasn't as strong. So that initial stroke was probably about 15+ years prior to the aforementioned college graduation in '03.
My Lord.

Wow. Strokes are no joke. I just got a blood pressure machine today so I can stay on top of it. I don’t want to go through this again.

And yes, I would definitely support my people here on BGOL. You guys have really shown me what brotherhood is really about. If I had a thousand tongues, I could not thank you all enough.
 
My Lord.

Wow. Strokes are no joke. I just got a blood pressure machine today so I can stay on top of it. I don’t want to go through this again.

And yes, I would definitely support my people here on BGOL. You guys have really shown me what brotherhood is really about. If I had a thousand tongues, I could not thank you all enough.



Good deal re: blood pressure machine. I bought one a few years back too.


That's what it's all about. Support.


My brother's boss (and friend) passed away last week. Late-40s, husband & father of 4 kids. Rare form of cancer. I was looking over the Gofundme set up for his family, and it was reassuring and heartening seeing friends in the community as well as other businesses he'd worked with over the years come together and support the family. My bro has known the family for approx' 15 or so years. Got hired on after apprenticing for the guy.
 
Glad your doing better man.. You remind me i need to take my Cholestoro pills nightly. I forget a lot! We can all do better with lifestyle changes no matter how good we think we are doing.
I had to get one of those daily pill containers so I don't forget..
A lot of days I think I took my medicine, but the damn pill is still in the container :confused:
 
I had to get one of those daily pill containers so I don't forget..
A lot of days I think I took my medicine, but the damn pill is still in the container :confused:
Same here.... Now i just gotta remember to fill it up lol..
 
Good deal re: blood pressure machine. I bought one a few years back too.


That's what it's all about. Support.


My brother's boss (and friend) passed away last week. Late-40s, husband & father of 4 kids. Rare form of cancer. I was looking over the Gofundme set up for his family, and it was reassuring and heartening seeing friends in the community as well as other businesses he'd worked with over the years come together and support the family. My bro has known the family for approx' 15 or so years. Got hired on after apprenticing for the guy.
Sorry for the late reply. I have been resting all week. Yes, support is very much needed and definitely appreciated. God… I hate cancer. That’s the one disease I hate most because I have lost so many people to it. Condolences to your brother for his loss.
 
I had to get one of those daily pill containers so I don't forget..
A lot of days I think I took my medicine, but the damn pill is still in the container :confused:
Those things are amazing! And I have an alert on my phone to take my meds because I will forget. It will ding every 15 minutes until I log in and press taken.
 
Sorry for the late reply. I have been resting all week. Yes, support is very much needed and definitely appreciated. God… I hate cancer. That’s the one disease I hate most because I have lost so many people to it. Condolences to your brother for his loss.



Thanks Chris.


That's the way to do it - rest up and listen to your body.


Regarding my brother's friend and boss, all I could think when I was seeing the donations was that motto of treat others how you want to be treated. The guy was clearly a square shooter in business with other companies, and during his family's worst time earlier this month these same individuals are coming through & supporting his wife and kids immediately. Good shit.


Thanks for the condolences for bro on his loss, and I know what you mean 100% regarding fuck cancer. The amount of lives / families the disease has impacted the world over is astounding.
 
Thanks Chris.


That's the way to do it - rest up and listen to your body.


Regarding my brother's friend and boss, all I could think when I was seeing the donations was that motto of treat others how you want to be treated. The guy was clearly a square shooter in business with other companies, and during his family's worst time earlier this month these same individuals are coming through & supporting his wife and kids immediately. Good shit.


Thanks for the condolences for bro on his loss, and I know what you mean 100% regarding fuck cancer. The amount of lives / families the disease has impacted the world over is astounding.
Bruh... my Pops is a cancer survivor and it has been a terrible affliction in my family. I remember my Pops asking me to go with him to the doctor. The look on his face when he was told he had cancer I can never get out of my head. I don't wish that on anyone. In regards to your brother's friend, he sounds like he was an awesome guy and I am so glad that people came together to support his family. You are more than welcome in regards to the condolensces.

And yes, I am listening to my body. I have to admit though: I have been getting some good sleep lately.
 
Bruh... my Pops is a cancer survivor and it has been a terrible affliction in my family. I remember my Pops asking me to go with him to the doctor. The look on his face when he was told he had cancer I can never get out of my head. I don't wish that on anyone. In regards to your brother's friend, he sounds like he was an awesome guy and I am so glad that people came together to support his family. You are more than welcome in regards to the condolensces.

And yes, I am listening to my body. I have to admit though: I have been getting some good sleep lately.



Sorry to hear that, and good on your dad being a fighter and cancer survivor.

Yes - the community really stepped up for bro's friend's family.

Condolences are always appreciated.

Props to you on recharging your batteries. That quality sleep is well warranted.
 
IMG-0546.jpg
Wanted to give you guys an update:

To all my brothers here on BGOL, I just want to say THANK YOU.

It’s been one month since my TIA (mini stroke) and I’m doing better. I’ve recently been able to get some light exercise, I’ve lost some weight, I’m staying consistent with my medication, and my mental health is improving as well.

The love and generosity I’ve received from the brothers here has honestly touched me deeply. Every donation, share, message, and word of encouragement has meant something to me.

If you’re able to contribute to my GoFundMe, I would sincerely appreciate it. Any amount helps as I continue getting back on my feet. If you can’t donate, sharing it is just as valuable.

Thank you, brothers. For real. I appreciate every single one of you.
 
Back
Top