I had another stroke; need some help

Thanks man & you're welcome for sharing the story.


You're 100% right re: it's ok to ask for help.


As the common saying / expression goes ... one of my late grandma's favorites (she'd often write it on birthday cards) - "Health is wealth"


And as my dad has been known to say - "Always look out for #1 - yourself."


* Side note to make you laugh ... my aunt has been noting of late that she likes watching Judy Justice (spinoff to the Judge Judy show) in syndication. So as we're hanging out yesterday and before getting dinner ... she says let's watch a couple episodes. Man ... it's my day off. Do you think HFunk wants to be watching Judy Justice? Not really ... but this is my fucking family. And family shows up. So you're damn right I sat there and made small talk and watched Judy Justice with my good as gold aunt.



Stay strong, brother. Keep getting better.



:cheers:
That reminds of my grandmother, bless her soul. She loved Wheel of Fortune. I wasn’t too fond of it but it made her day when I sat down with her and we watched it together. And Ohmigod if she solved the puzzle before they did! Good times, man! Thank you for sharing once more!
 
That reminds of my grandmother, bless her soul. She loved Wheel of Fortune. I wasn’t too fond of it but it made her day when I sat down with her and we watched it together. And Ohmigod if she solved the puzzle before they did! Good times, man! Thank you for sharing once more!



That's how you do it. Bless grandma's soul.


My grandpa (dad's father) was a quiet, reserved guy. Not too big on conversation. But he loved his grandkids. He enjoyed playing chess with my bro. Or playing cards with me, and watching the likes of boxing, wrestling, baseball, Wheel of Fortune, or Jeopardy. The Price is Right too. Plenty of good times sitting there with him and having a meal & getting him to open up and be more conversational.


:giggle: :thumbsup:
 
IMG-9733.jpg


Update:

One week ago, I was in the hospital recovering from a TIA (mini stroke). Today, I’m grateful to say I’m feeling better.

I’ve been taking my medications, getting plenty of rest, and taking life one moment at a time. I definitely miss my walks on the trail, but my doctor assures me I’ll be back out there when the time is right.

To everyone who has donated, shared my GoFundMe, reached out, or kept me in your thoughts and prayers… thank you. Your kindness has carried me through one of the most challenging weeks of my life, and I’ll never forget it.

I’m healing, I’m hopeful, and I’m deeply grateful for each and every one of you.
 
That's how you do it. Bless grandma's soul.


My grandpa (dad's father) was a quiet, reserved guy. Not too big on conversation. But he loved his grandkids. He enjoyed playing chess with my bro. Or playing cards with me, and watching the likes of boxing, wrestling, baseball, Wheel of Fortune, or Jeopardy. The Price is Right too. Plenty of good times sitting there with him and having a meal & getting him to open up and be more conversational.


:giggle: :thumbsup:
I miss those moments with my grandparents. Living in Houston, back in the day there was a station that had “Elvis Week” for his birthday. My grandmother loved Elvis and we would watch whatever Elvis movie was on that night. Man… those were some great moments.
 
Agreed. Always valued those relationships as they were like a 2nd set of parents. I only knew my dad's parents, as my mom's parents passed before I was born. Dad's parents passed approx' 20 years ago but the fam' was always close with them.
I agree with you about the second set of parents part. I was close to both sides. They are all gone now. Thankfully, my grandmother still watches over me.
 
IMG-9733.jpg


Update:

One week ago, I was in the hospital recovering from a TIA (mini stroke). Today, I’m grateful to say I’m feeling better.

I’ve been taking my medications, getting plenty of rest, and taking life one moment at a time. I definitely miss my walks on the trail, but my doctor assures me I’ll be back out there when the time is right.

To everyone who has donated, shared my GoFundMe, reached out, or kept me in your thoughts and prayers… thank you. Your kindness has carried me through one of the most challenging weeks of my life, and I’ll never forget it.

I’m healing, I’m hopeful, and I’m deeply grateful for each and every one of you.
Keep it up fam!
 
IMG-9733.jpg


Update:

One week ago, I was in the hospital recovering from a TIA (mini stroke). Today, I’m grateful to say I’m feeling better.

I’ve been taking my medications, getting plenty of rest, and taking life one moment at a time. I definitely miss my walks on the trail, but my doctor assures me I’ll be back out there when the time is right.

To everyone who has donated, shared my GoFundMe, reached out, or kept me in your thoughts and prayers… thank you. Your kindness has carried me through one of the most challenging weeks of my life, and I’ll never forget it.

I’m healing, I’m hopeful, and I’m deeply grateful for each and every one of you.
glad you doin better fam.
keep focusing on getting 100% healthy and staying that way....
 
IMG-9964.jpg
To my brothers at BGOL,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Your generosity, encouragement, and support over the past week have meant more to me than I can put into words.

Recovering from a TIA has been one of the most unexpected challenges I’ve ever faced, but knowing I have a community of brothers who genuinely care has made this journey so much easier. Whether you donated, shared my GoFundMe, reached out, or simply kept me in your thoughts, I want you to know that I appreciate every single one of you.

I’m taking my recovery one day at a time, following my doctors’ recommendations, and getting the support I need. Your kindness has given me the space to focus on healing, and for that, I will always be grateful.

Thank you, brothers. Much love and respect to each of you.
 
Back
Top