Houston Astros caught cheating in 2017: Manager and GM......FIRED! Dusty Baker HIRED!

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
keep laughing....

giphy.gif

Okayyyyy.....
Bro I do not care to be honest... I'm just tired of the hypocrisy surrounding the whole situation... every team either is doing this or something similar to it... and we got caught AND punished... that's cool, our cross to carry... but dudes are ready to lay everything wrong with mlb and seemingly the world at our doorstep... like there aren't other teams stealing signs, honestly or thru shady means... like corked bats didn't exist... or Pete Rose... or the steroids/PED era... or the Yankees and Red Sox didn't get popped in 2017... juiced balls... I mean the list goes on and on, and it's coming from teams with a sketch past... I mean just STOP IT...

in my opinion the Astros are talking WAY too much.

They should have released one statement and refused to answer anymore questions about it. Eventually they gotta say fuck it, nut up, and win some ballgames.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bro I do not care to be honest... I'm just tired of the hypocrisy surrounding the whole situation... every team either is doing this or something similar to it... and we got caught AND punished... that's cool, our cross to carry... but dudes are ready to lay everything wrong with mlb and seemingly the world at our doorstep... like there aren't other teams stealing signs, honestly or thru shady means... like corked bats didn't exist... or Pete Rose... or the steroids/PED era... or the Yankees and Red Sox didn't get popped in 2017... juiced balls... I mean the list goes on and on, and it's coming from teams with a sketch past... I mean just STOP IT...

in my opinion the Astros are talking WAY too much.

They should have released one statement and refused to answer anymore questions about it. Eventually they gotta say fuck it, nut up, and win some ballgames.

WTF?!?!

We been saying the SAME THING!!!!

but ummm

not talking and STILL being assholes about it?

was NOT gonna help at all.

so lesson for the day?

apologize

Stay humble sit down

don't be assholes.

everything works out

repeat.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
and trust me this DOES work

just ask Yankee, red sox, patriot, brewers, A's fans.....

just apologize and keep it moving

cause being the HATED?

looks REALLY easy from the OTHER SIDE

it is not.

cause when you got opposing fans hating ?

that's ONE thing

but you do NOT want fellow players, owners, front office, officials and just random folk hating

just look around how THAT works out.

You do NOT want the WORLD against you

cause its all cool for like half a season

but when hall of fame and all star games are effected and suddenly PEDs, domestic violence accusations start popping up

AGAIN

and then the MEDIA goes at you even MORE

and then Social media goes at players families and no one wants to play there?

I'm telling you.

I was giving the advice out of love.

DO NOT go back at Lebron etc

DO NOT go at former players or current players

Just apologize and LET IT go

you NOT gonna win.

and in fact you risking losing even MORE than you already have.

spider705

BGOL Investor
WTF?!?!

We been saying the SAME THING!!!!

but ummm

not talking and STILL being assholes about it?

was NOT gonna help at all.

so lesson for the day?

apologize

Stay humble sit down

don't be assholes.

everything works out

repeat.
I haven't disputed that part about saying the same thing but I'm just like, ok it's done stfu EVERYONE.

Everybody is looking to make a name for themselves off the Astros now... everybody talking WHAT IF or HAD I KNOWN WHAT'S COMING... Stanton said he'd have had 80 homeruns if he'd known in 2017 what's coming and the mufucca only had 59 at bats in 2017! Like bro shut up already... Chapman talking shit like he's the best ever, Darvish talking like he wasn't tipping pitches... now dudes act like they're PERFECT and there's nnnooooo waaaaay they could fuck something up, throw a hanging slider, etc...

Now it's just becoming a pile on session when their anger should be directed at the players union, the managers, and team leadership, and the commissioner. The players did what any of them would have done if given an opportunity and the belief you wouldn't get caught...

spider705

BGOL Investor
Plus I'm a asshole... I hope they let fans bring mini trash cans in and bang them shits when the other team is at bat... have a trash can mascot get beat up by Orbit the mascot... give out trophy memorabilia when/if the Dodgers come to town...

For real, fuck all these guys and their purist bullshit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Papi..

done f*cked up if he doubles down

bookmark this,

watch he not first ballot no more.

and watch the Red Sox punishment CLOSELY

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
David Ortiz ‘mad’ at Mike Fiers: Boston Red Sox legend says Astros whistleblower looks like ‘snitch’ because he waited until after he got money, WS ring
Updated 2:09 PM; Today 1:34 PM
Boston Red Sox great David Ortiz comes onto the field to throw out a ceremonial first pitch Monday, Sept. 9, 2019. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer)AP

shares
By Christopher Smith | csmith@masslive.com
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Red Sox legend David Ortiz isn’t happy with Astros whistleblower Mike Fiers, who went on record with The Athletic in November to tell how Houston used a center field camera and trash can to steal and relay signs in 2017.
“I’m mad at this guy, the pitcher that came out talking about it," Ortiz said here at JetBlue Park on Thursday. "And let me tell you why. Oh, after you make your money, after you get your ring you decide to talk about it. Why don’t you talk about it during the season when it was going on? Why didn’t you say, ‘I don’t want to be no part of (this)?' Now you look like a snitch. You know what I mean? Why do you have to talk about it after? That’s my problem. Why did nobody say anything while it was going on?”

The 34-year-old Fiers pitched for the 2017 World Series champion Astros, then signed with Detroit in December 2017. He now pitches for the Athletics.
The Astros organization received a severe punishment from Major League Baseball. Both GM Jeff Luhnow and manager A.J. Hinch were fired after the league suspended them for the 2020 season.
The Red Sox also fired manager Alex Cora for his involvement in the Astros’ sign stealing scheme. Cora served as Houston’s bench coach in 2017.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Its all leadership

Say what yall want but Goddell follows his bosses and protects them even from themselves

I think he horrible too but now after seeing mlb?

He is NOT the worst.

Future thread on who the best commish is in major pro sports
Bruh, at this point, this shit is so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned soon.

MsZMT9.jpg

spider705

BGOL Investor

Papi..

done f*cked up if he doubles down

bookmark this,

watch he not first ballot no more.

and watch the Red Sox punishment CLOSELY

Nnaaahhhhhh papi didn't fuck up...

Story I read about Norm Charlton (baseball heads know the name, one of the NASTY BOYS) where he got pissed somebody was stealing his signs... ssssoooooo he said that he was gonna bean him next time he pitched against him... fast forward... they play the thief and PLUNK right in the earhole... they ask Charlton about it after the game... no remorse... wished he could do it again...

Coach at the time... may have been Tommy Lasorda wasn't mad that he hit him but mad that he TALKED to the media about hitting him... these dudes take this code of silence shit seriously... you don't talk to the media about this stuff or you get a label and nobody gonna fuck with you...

And plus 1 to Ortiz for using snitch in the correct manner... fiers was apart of it and had nothing to say as it happened... go away and start singing... definition of a snitch

spider705

BGOL Investor
Bruh, at this point, this shit is so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned soon.

MsZMT9.jpg
Highly unlikely... like Goodell his job is to make the owners money... fuck them players...

Astros open up against Angels this year... guess who buying all the tickets? Dodgers fans... going just to boo the Astros... sold out in MINUTES... resale market for those tickets is crazy... fans coming out just to scream, throw shit, etc...

There's a villain... it's good for business

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Highly unlikely... like Goodell his job is to make the owners money... fuck them players...

Astros open up against Angels this year... guess who buying all the tickets? Dodgers fans... going just to boo the Astros... sold out in MINUTES... resale market for those tickets is crazy... fans coming out just to scream, throw shit, etc...

Oh ratings will be through the fuckin roof for baseball this year. Won't be no I'm not watching that boring ass sport anymore trust and believe

5pW4Yr.jpg

dugington

Rising Star
Registered

Lots of truth here.
You know what's going to be sad, but interesting? Watching fans of teams that aint been shit and had NO chance of legitimately competing during the scandal years at home games popping shit to Astros players.
Orioles fan: "Hey Reddick! Fuck you and your team, you cheating bastards!" :smh: :lol:

Embrace the villain role and play ball. It's all Houston can do at this point.

spider705

BGOL Investor
Lots of truth here.
You know what's going to be sad, but interesting? Watching fans of teams that aint been shit and had NO chance of legitimately competing during the scandal years at home games popping shit to Astros players.
Orioles fan: "Hey Reddick! Fuck you and your team, you cheating bastards!" :smh: :lol:

Embrace the villain role and play ball. It's all Houston can do at this point.
Man when I was in college in Dallas one of my dorm mates won tickets to a rangers game... so we went, they were playing the Mariners... I think I got kicked out right around the 8th inning for cappin' on the pitches in the Mariners bullpen...I was full of bud light at the game... I was going in on EVERYBODY... I had the centerfielder turning around talking shit, not even paying attention to the game... I know whoever the Astros got in the outfield gonna catch HELL all game long

spider705

BGOL Investor
Marisnick was on deck when Altuve hit the bomb off Chapman... I'm growing more and more pissed with the MLB... they know exactly what's going on with their fucked off league... and they leaving the Astros twisting in the wind

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Marisnick was on deck when Altuve hit the bomb off Chapman... I'm growing more and more pissed with the MLB... they know exactly what's going on with their fucked off league... and they leaving the Astros twisting in the wind

I actually agree...

But again the union and the attitude is what did it.

And be fair, look what is happening to the commissioner because he TRIED to protect the astros?

spider705

BGOL Investor
I actually agree...

But again the union and the attitude is what did it.

And be fair, look what is happening to the commissioner because he TRIED to protect the astros?
Did he really protect the Astros?

The punishment for using electronic devices to steal signs was specifically pointed at the GM, coaches, and field managers. Players were never mentioned. I posted that in one of my earlier posts.

And look at the punishment levied... draft picks taken, year long suspensions, millions of dollars in fines... this was by far the largest and priciest fine ever handed down to a mlb franchise in its history.

The only way this comes out is with player immunity. Had that not been offered nothing would have happened.

spider705

BGOL Investor
The mlb did NOTHING to protect the Astros... and they still are doing nothing to protect them

If they wanted to protect the Astros they'd have been completely honest with themselves and the media by admitting yes, we caught this team but this is an issue throughout the sport that needs to be addressed. Then they could have offered league wide immunity and had more examples of sign stealing and other various types of cheating. Then do more to address the issue and clean up the sport.

They left the Astros outside in the cold in their underwear essentially. You'd have to be a damn fool to think ONLY the Astros did this, when according to the Atlantic the Astros system was set up by two players, one of whom was “a hitter who was struggling at the plate and had benefited from sign stealing with a previous team, according to club sources

Coaches, trainers, and players switch teams too much...

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Did he really protect the Astros?

The punishment for using electronic devices to steal signs was specifically pointed at the GM, coaches, and field managers. Players were never mentioned. I posted that in one of my earlier posts.

And look at the punishment levied... draft picks taken, year long suspensions, millions of dollars in fines... this was by far the largest and priciest fine ever handed down to a mlb franchise in its history.

The only way this comes out is with player immunity. Had that not been offered nothing would have happened.

Yes he did

In the eyes of the public

Perception is reality in this one

And no matter what you think he did protect them

Him saying no one throw at them, let it go, move forward, stop talking about.

Cause let me tell you this would have gone a whole different way and WORSE if he didn't start ti take the hits for y'all

The public HATE HIM NOW

You cheated.

Thats it.

Everything else is semantics.

Cause of COURSE you ain't the only ones

But you got caught, were jerks and unapologetic

Sox yanks etc aint do that.

You can't say you dont give a fck

we the villians etc etc

Then start copping pleas?

Don't work like that.

You the villian? Well own that.

But you cant play victim and villian

See its like you wanna cheat even in that

Kidding

But on the real, all that do is gonna garner more hate.

Bright side?

Boston is about get the results this Friday.

And all this angst plis big papi comments?

They could possibly get it WORSE.

spider705

BGOL Investor
Yes he did

In the eyes of the public

Perception is reality in this one

And no matter what you think he did protect them

Him saying no one throw at them, let it go, move forward, stop talking about.

Cause let me tell you this would have gone a whole different way and WORSE if he didn't start ti take the hits for y'all

The public HATE HIM NOW

You cheated.

Thats it.

Everything else is semantics.

Cause of COURSE you ain't the only ones

But you got caught, were jerks and unapologetic

Sox yanks etc aint do that.

You can't say you dont give a fck

we the villians etc etc

Then start copping pleas?

Don't work like that.

You the villian? Well own that.

But you cant play victim and villian

See its like you wanna cheat even in that

Kidding

But on the real, all that do is gonna garner more hate.

Bright side?

Boston is about get the results this Friday.

And all this angst plis big papi comments?

They could possibly get it WORSE.
Throwing a baseball constantly at players at their heads is dangerous... They have to protect the players in that sense because that opens up further litigation against the league by the union and the individual players.... even constantly throwing at their bodies... you get that "unwritten rule" bullshit in front of the right judge and it's a wrap...

the only reason they want to stop talking about it is because they don't want more revelations to come out... stuff like this:

spider705

BGOL Investor
This thread is attempting to archive every instance of cheating/sign stealing in mlb history. It's being updated as more is found...

In this era, the Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Yankees, Red Sox, Brewers, Rangers, Astros all implicated in the last 5 years :smh:

spider705

BGOL Investor
I mean I know the reason why... so I'll just wonder out loud as to why this hadn't been picked up by the major sporting outlets (I'm looking at YOU, espn) and as widely circulated as the negative stuff about the Astros... you search this quote and it all links back to the same few sources... USA Today, Bleacher Report, and other Houston sports related outlets...

Shit like this is exactly why I have zero problems with the team or it's fans being smug and standoffish concerning this issue.

Then you got the Yankees that stay popping shit about getting cheated, yet they have somebody that was there FIRST HAND that can tell them what was going on, yet they don't even go talk to him

This shit seems more and more about having pissed off the wrong franchisees and their rabid fan base than it does about cheating