Houston Astros caught cheating in 2017: Manager and GM......FIRED! Dusty Baker HIRED!

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They always bring in Dusty Baker to be the cleanup man and always fire him when he has his team on the cusp of finally winning the World Series.

Hopefully he gets a ring as a manager this time.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Man these niggas full of shit!! :smh: Hope they get beaned constantly this year.

zxz8tE.jpg

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Fuck it just troll niggas at this point...
I'd have trash cans and other shit banging during each press conference...

And as for the Yankees fuck them holier than thou pricks. Lance McCullers threw damn near 30 curveballs in a row to their batters to close out the ALCS and they didn't get shit done with them. They knew it was coming, ssssoooo what's their excuse?

Fuck em. That trophy stays. Fuck the Dodgers, Yankees, and anybody else that got anything to say.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I totally feel you on that. You gotta love your kids regardless. Shit that ain't sitting right with me is the clip i heard from an interview they did. And now dude wants to be called by some feminine play off his name and wants to be referred to as a "she"
Fuck em. That trophy stays. Fuck the Dodgers, Yankees, and anybody else that got anything to say.
Cool. In that case, call up Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe's family, and the steroid crew, and let them in the HOF. At this point, I don't wanna hear MLB using tradition and honor as an excuse anymore.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Cool. In that case, call up Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe's family, and the steroid crew, and let them in the HOF. At this point, I don't wanna hear MLB using tradition and honor as an excuse anymore.

I'm ok with that because this baseball purist bullshit gets on my last nerves.

EVERY PLAYER at the plate wants to know what's coming at them next. You're a fool if you think we're the only ones stealing signs. How we did out may rub some the wrong way but it's not like signs, tells, tips, scouting, etc isn't helping to accomplish this same goal: getting an advantage over pitching and having a more educated guess at the next pitch coming.

Whether you get robbed at gunpoint or you get your account hacked and robbed that way, fact still remains you were robbed

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Their cheating got them a championship, they weren’t walking with their heads down at the parade so don’t act sorry now that you’re caught.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
As a mofo that played baseball thru college and actually just got funding this last week to do a baseball camp this summer. I don't think this is that big of deal. Does knowing what pitch is coming help of course. But just cause you know a fastball is coming, you don't know if it's coming inside or outside, high or low and you're going to need different swing timing based on all of that.

I can understand how folks can be salty if you think your team had a chance and you were robbed because of sign stealing, but that Astros lineup 1-9 could hit they asses off. And we ain't even started talking about the aces they were putting on the mound

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Their cheating got them a championship, they weren’t walking with their heads down at the parade so don’t act sorry now that you’re caught.
Let's be honest here. Dodgers putting up 1 run in game 7 of the world series is what got them their championship.

Now how did sign stealing affect the Dodgers and their ability to score runs

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a mofo that played baseball thru college and actually just got funding this last week to do a baseball camp this summer. I don't think this is that big of deal. Does knowing what pitch is coming help of course. But just cause you know a fastball is coming, you don't know if it's coming inside or outside, high or low and you're going to need different swing timing based on all of that.

I can understand how folks can be salty if you think your team had a chance and you were robbed because of sign stealing, but that Astros lineup 1-9 could hit they asses off. And we ain't even started talking about the aces they were putting on the mound
Bro they knew everything

The trash can was in the indicator and the buzzer was the modifier

Not to mention if a man was on 2nd.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's be honest here. Dodgers putting up 1 run in game 7 of the world series is what got them their championship.

Now how did sign stealing affect the Dodgers and their ability to score runs

Wasn’t that the game Yu Darvish gave up 4 runs in the first inning?

Shit was over before the 3rd inning.

You as a coach should know how that goes.

U gatta bring in the long reliever to burn some innings.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Bro they knew everything

The trash can was in the indicator and the buzzer was the modifier

Not to mention if a man was on 2nd.
Man at the plate still has to be able to do something with that info. Again I'm not saying that didn't give them an advantage but I'm not go say they whole world series is based off of that. That was 1 of the most hitting lineups top to bottom I've seen recently

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

I always say if muthafuckas didn't think doing certain things would give them an advantage they wouldn't do them. As to what you say about it not being a big deal depends on the hitter and pitcher. Of course pitch placement matters either way but if you can sit on a fastball and not worry about a changeup, curveball or slider that is a HUGE advantage. Plus, if you know the specific pitch it can be easier to lay off location outside the zone. No question it was an advantage and the numbers support that.

iuZTmB.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Phillies’ Larry Bowa says Houston Astros hitters should be drilled for cheating

CLEARWATER, Fla. — These are dark days for Major League Baseball. Attendance and TV ratings already had been dipping in recent years, and now the game is dealing with cheating scandals involving the Houston Astros and the yet-to-be punished Boston Red Sox, the teams that won the 2017 and 2018 World Series.
Shame and dishonor unfortunately are almost as familiar to baseball as balls and strikes. Two of the most notable stains in the game’s history were the 1919 Chicago White Sox World Series fix and the PED-fueled numbers that have kept Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, and others out of the Hall of Fame.

The worst smudge on baseball history, however, came in 1994, when the billionaire owners and millionaire players could not settle a labor dispute and fans were left without a World Series for the first time since 1904.
Salt was rubbed into that wound 25 years ago, when the owners attempted the weakest of strong-arms by staging a faux spring training with replacement players in an attempt to get the real ones to end what was then the longest strike in sports history.

Phillies great Larry Bowa, who is 74 and in a spring-training camp for the 50th time in his career, agrees that the cancellation of the World Series and the subsequent replacement-player spring were the worst time in his long career, but he is also plenty steamed by baseball’s modern-day scandal.

“I don’t think it can be any worse than [canceling the World Series], but this is close,” Bowa said. “What the Astros did is bad. It’s really … bad.”

So bad that he thinks something should still be done about it.

“It’s just hard for me to believe that they used a trash can and they did it for that long and nobody did anything about it,” Bowa said. “I’m talking about the teams they were playing. I know for a fact that if that happened when I was playing and Steve Carlton had been pitching, he’d have drilled somebody if they kept hitting that can.

“Why wouldn’t you do anything about it? I’m not saying hit them in the head. I don’t want anybody to get killed, but hit somebody in the ribs and say, ‘If you want to keep doing it, we’re going to keep drilling you.’ That will stop it. Believe me, guys don’t want to get hit. But nobody did anything."

Bowa said somebody should this season.

“I’ll be shocked if some pitchers do not drill some of these guys this year,” he said. “If that doesn’t happen, this game has really changed. I know it has changed, but somebody has got to take some hits. Hit them in the ribs, hit them in the leg, whatever you have to do, but let them know you’re ticked off about what happened.

"What are they going to do? They can’t do a f---- thing. They should be embarrassed by it all. They need to come out and say, ‘You know what, we made a big-time mistake.' The way they are handling it is brutal.”

Bowa is also appalled that the Astros denied using buzzer alerts inside their uniforms, a part of the scandal that appeared to be revealed by video of second baseman Jose Altuve’s game-winning home run against the Yankees’ Aroldis Chapman in Game 6 of the 2019 ALCS at Houston’s Minute Maid Park.

“If that was me, I’d let them rip every piece of my clothing off,” Bowa said. “They could strip me naked. He went down underneath into the clubhouse, he changed his shirt, and it was so f---- obvious what was going on. They’ve turned their back on that part of it, and they keep saying there was no buzzer. There was a buzzer.”

Some have defended the Astros by saying that sign-stealing has been part of baseball forever. That argument also chaps Bowa’s old-school mentality.

“If you’re at second and you break down the catcher’s code, that’s fair game,” he said. “You’re coaching third and the catcher is exposing signs, that’s on him. But this stuff that they did is wrong. They need to get all the video equipment turned off during the game.”

Bowa, the Phillies’ third-base coach in the 1990s, said he doesn’t think much about the dark days of the mid-'90s strike any more unless he is asked about it. His most vivid memory of that spring training is how angry the late Jim Fregosi was about having to manage replacement players.
“He told [the coaches], ‘I’m not managing. You guys go out and hit fungos,’ ” Bowa said. “I remember me and Vuk [John Vukovich] telling him, ‘We’re not hitting any f---- fungos.’ We ended up doing it, but Jimmy didn’t manage them at all.”
Though not amused at the time, Bowa said that some comical things did unfold during the six weeks with the replacements. Fregosi did not manage the Phil-Ins, but he did order 6-foot-5 lefty Mike Linskey to get his pet ferrets, Raz and Berry, out of the Jack Russell Stadium clubhouse.

“The fact that we went through that BS and had to follow the script and everything, it was embarrassing more than anything,” Bowa said. “I can forgive the guys who in their minds knew they’d never play in the big leagues for doing it, but those guys who already had a taste of the big leagues, I’m still not happy about that.”

At the moment, though, Bowa’s anger is more focused on the Houston Astros, and he believes their World Series title will be tarnished forever.

I agree with Bowa. Astros bout ta get fucked up at the plate this year. They gonna be involved in a lot of fights.

K2HQ6T.jpg