Home Invasion Attempt... At What Point Are You Allowed To Shoot?....

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I think in NC, they have to be in your house in order for you to shoot an intruder.

I think there was a case where someone shot a dude in the back as he was leaving and they still prosecuted the homeowner because “the intruder was no longer a threat.”

But I could be wrong on the laws here.
No you're not wrong. That's my understanding with a few caveats such as when you can shoot. They are specific.

If the person is posing a threat its OK to shoot, breaking in, self defense all is OK.

You cannot shoot someone that has left or is leaving your home, has made it to the lawn, or is leaving/escaping. You cannot shoot someone trying to steal your car.

Laws can and are different from state-to-state, county-to-county, city-to-city on-and-on. People buy guns without having a clue of the level of responsibility they've purchased. Its not just about busting a cap.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Is this staged, I mean does the video really go with the audio? Y the fuck didn't homeowner call regular 911, instead of that bullshit security service :smh:

He had every right to blast dude, but it would be nice if he just held him at gunpoint until the police arrived so dude can have his day in court and get

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
to shoot someone in Texas, you must fear for your safety when someone is breaking in or attempting to break in to your home, occupied vehicle, or workplace.
Pretty much once a person starts to kick the door or break the windows it is fair game

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
to shoot someone in Texas, you must fear for your safety when someone is breaking in or attempting to break in to your home, occupied vehicle, or workplace.
Damn... Makes sense though.

Also in Texas its legal for the owner to shoot a feeling person in the back, after dark and if they think that the person is fleeing with something of value.

Charlemagne

Rising Star
Registered
I'm firing off, for sure, especially if i know I have cameras running. But, i'd bet my last dollar that dude is mentally ill.

InTheMind

INTHEMIND
BGOL Investor
In my state Alabama I shot a dog jumping my chihuahua in my backyard + I got a cuzzo who got shot breaking in a car! Ain't no body waiting on the Cops if that mofo trying to kick the door I'm bussing at him with my draco straight knee shots he going to be in pain when the police get there! I will agree that both races black and white will shoot first call the police last if you stealing or breaking in homes or cars BAMA hate thieves!

vahustler21757

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I didn’t even read the replies, I have a 4 word motto I live by for situations that involve my safety and the safety of my family: I’LL FIGHT MY CASE. Idgaf where I’m at either. My lawyer gets paid to figure the rest out