Home Invasion Attempt... At What Point Are You Allowed To Shoot?....

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
They can at least advise him to defend himself... that's the least any caring person would say.... what's the point in paying for home security when you can't even get life saving advice when an attempting is made to potentially harm you.
You can not advice such action or you put yourself in legal action.

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
That is correct. There is really isn't a federal assault/murder charge except in limited circumstances. It all depends on the state. In some states, you must feel that your life or the life of someone else is endangered or bodily harm. In other states, there's something called the Castle Doctrine, which applies if your property was threatened. And that can further depend on whether or not the state recognizes the curtilage. I knew someone who shot an unarmed intruder breaking into his truck in Texas. No charges filed.

TX and LA must mirror their gun laws, because your vehicle is also considered an extension of your home. You can drive around with your weapon loaded in Louisiana.​

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Va, you can't use lethal force to protect property. So the perp, has to cross the threshold/entrance and then the hollow points can do their job.

Chuck_Luck

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Please growing my 2 friends were gunned down while fleeing by a retired cop. There was no outrage like we have now about. Shit, It didn't even make the papers.

Everytime I hear black ppl shitting on BLM I check em because before BLM you'd never even hear about it when blacks get killed.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
They can at least advise him to defend himself... that's the least any caring person would say.... what's the point in paying for home security when you can't even get life saving advice when an attempting is made to potentially harm you.

C'mon son, why the fuck he got a gun if he gotta ask someone else if he should pull the trigger? The home security dispatcher alerts the local police or ambulance services. They are not really trained to give life saving advice. The main purpose of the security system is to protect your home when you are not home.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
You can not advice such action or you put yourself in legal action.
Cant he at least say I legally can't say yes and I cant say no...dont tell that man I wouldn't advise that....granted you a grown ass man and if some dude kicks down your door after he already seen you with your gun, then you should have enough sense to shoot him because if you don't, that's a problem and a half

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Cant he at least say I legally can't say yes and I cant say no...dont tell that man I wouldn't advise that....granted you a grown ass man and if some dude kicks down your door after he already seen you with your gun, then you should have enough sense to shoot him because if you don't, that's a problem and a half
Still sounds like some legal trouble. Yet like you said. "You a grown ass man dawg" :lol:

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Here's a break down of the laws in D.C., Maryland and Virginia:

D.C.

The District does not have a law targeted specifically to a home intruder. In terms of self-defense, D.C. has a law that states a person can defend themselves when they truly believe that they're in danger of bodily harm or death. However, the law also states the person is required to take reasonable measures by stepping back or walking away.

Section 22-40503.01 of D.C.'s law allows someone to use a firearm if it's done in legitimate self-defense. For more information on the laws, click here.

Maryland

The castle doctrine in Maryland states that when a person is inside their home, they do not have to retreat. A homeowner is allowed to stand their ground and attempt to defend themselves against an intruder, as long as the use of force is reasonable.

Maryland also has a duty to retreat law that states if a person is defending themselves outside of their home, they have a duty to retreat. For more information on the laws, click here.

Virginia

Virginia law defines a justifiable act of self-defense as when the person acting in self-defense did not provoke the attack. An excusable self-defense is defined in the law as a situation when a person provoked the attack, but tried to retreat from the attack before using deadly force in self-defense.

Section 18.2-282 of Virginia law also states that it is unlawful to display a firearm in attempts to scare another person unless a person is engaged in a justifiable or excusable self-defense situation. For more information on the laws, click here.

Mind you in a lot of places if the intruder is fleeing you can get into trouble if they make it outside your door threshold (or something like that).

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I went to a military school in junior high/early high school and one of my teachers, Sargent something, taught us that it was ok to shoot someone as long as they were on your property. He went further to say that if you can lure an enemy on your front lawn, that you can shoot them. This fool had dudes thinking they can execute anyone that enters your property. The class didn't have anything to do with home defense either, I don't know why he decided to tell a bunch of teenage boys this stupid shit.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The moment he breaks in, then you can blow him away.
There was one video that was posted on here a long time ago where this dude broke down this couple's door like he was Jason Voorhees or some shit..soon as he walked in he was lit up

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I think in NC, they have to be in your house in order for you to shoot an intruder.

I think there was a case where someone shot a dude in the back as he was leaving and they still prosecuted the homeowner because “the intruder was no longer a threat.”

But I could be wrong on the laws here.
Yeah you can't shoot them just cuz they're in your yard or driving off with your car. They have to be in your home and not trying to flee. This reminds me I need to sign up for USCCA coverage

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That wasn't no threat at all,he has a cam with a speaker on it so he could of talked to him and asked him to leave.
The guy looks like he's drunk and at the wrong damn house,a simple mistake,no mask,no gloves,no weapon just him ringing,knocking,trying to open the locked screen door.

Some of you are scared people who say you would shoot,shoot,shoot this and that but just remember accidents happen and it might be a relative of yours you shoot and you can't take back no bullets or give no their lives back.

OmariAmaru

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This actually happened in my neighborhood. It was on the local news. White dude had a glock 19 standing by the door waiting for him to breech. He called 911 cause says he didn't want to shoot him but if he got in, all bets were off. Black dude shattered his impact windows by throwing bricks at the glass trying to get in. Now every brother in Tamarac gonna be a suspect. :curse:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
That wasn't no threat at all,he has a cam with a speaker on it so he could of talked to him and asked him to leave.
The guy looks like he's drunk and at the wrong damn house,a simple mistake,no mask,no gloves,no weapon just him ringing,knocking,trying to open the locked screen door.

Some of you are scared people who say you would shoot,shoot,shoot this and that but just remember accidents happen and it might be a relative of yours you shoot and you can't take back no bullets or give no their lives back.
He was throwing bricks at the door trying to get in

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
He also kicked the door but all of that did absolutely nothing,he didn't even get passed the screen door.

A home invasion doesn't have some guy doing what he did.
True.. definitely not a home invasion attempt...doesn't mean he wasnt dangerous but I wouldnt classify it as a home invasion attempt

Last edited:

Keyz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I replaced my standard door plate screws with 3 inch steel screws. That way if some one tries to kick it in they will have a hellava time getting in. Which allowings me to get my heat to greet them should they be successful. Plus my dog is an early warning system all by himself.

Simply_Black

International
International Member

Drunk or not, wrong house or not, no one would wait to question him if he had got in the house.... all bets would be off then and quick gun shots would be the only realistic answer to ensure ones safety.... outside the house I can understand, but if he actually got in would you hesitate to react?.... I doubt you would?

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
As long as you can carry the body you can shoot a fool whenever where ever. Katts never think about just getting rid of the body. No body no proof.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Drunk or not, wrong house or not, no one would wait to question him if he had got in the house.... all bets would be off then and quick gun shots would be the only realistic answer to ensure ones safety.... outside the house I can understand, but if he actually got in would you hesitate to react?.... I doubt you would?
Miss me with all that John Wayne Cowboy shit,you niggas is always over prepared and if something did really happen you,ya bad ass kids and old lady ass would be grass,in there eating tv dinners solving wheel-a-fortune puzzles with the robbers.

It's 2020 we got cam doorbells,cameras,alarm systems and all kinds of shit that should help like this video,that home owner could of asked him "what do you want?why are you trying to get in my house?The police is coming"

Don't be on Dateline with the headlines "Husband being charge with the Christmas Murder of his whole family on Christmas morning or was it a Youtube Challenge gone wrong"....A Gun is a hella of a drug(super hero)

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Get you a gas can put about a half a gallon in it and put a cigarette lighter in a ziploc bag no fingerprints. Shoot his ass outside call the police say he was trying to burn your house down, put a little gas in the grass put lighter in his hand. Not sure about other states but in Alabama you kill a man outside your house attempting arson.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Miss me with all that John Wayne Cowboy shit,you niggas is always over prepared and if something did really happen you,ya bad ass kids and old lady ass would be grass,in there eating tv dinners solving wheel-a-fortune puzzles with the robbers.

It's 2020 we got cam doorbells,cameras,alarm systems and all kinds of shit that should help like this video,that home owner could of asked him "what do you want?why are you trying to get in my house?The police is coming"

Don't be on Dateline with the headlines "Husband being charge with the Christmas Murder of his whole family on Christmas morning or was it a Youtube Challenge gone wrong"....A Gun is a hella of a drug(super hero)

We only caught 1 min 43 sec of the incident... the chances are the home owner had already asked all the necessary questions before calling for help... and this is real life and in a real life situation when confronted by the unknown no one will hesitate to defend themselves when faced with danger.... one he breaks into the house why take a chance with the unknown.

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This just happened a few blocks from me.

We're lucky that we got impact proof doors and windows that make it impossible to shatter, but shit.. in Florida, I can meet him in my driveway and put a bullet in his skull and not worry about prosecution. It's a shame the person in the video didn't get the same fate.
Stand your ground law?