Is a Woman-Woman ticket viable ? + Pluses? - Minuses? = ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
14695472_1268548313238220_6150635640175031861_n.png

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Naked Hillary Clinton Statue Sparks Fight In Manhattan
by Rebecca Fishbein in News on Oct 18, 2016 10:55 am

Following August's erection of a Naked Trump statue in Union Square (and in other cities nationwide), some enterprising artist decided to create his own Naked Hillary statue and plop it outside the Bowling Green subway station this morning. Unsurprisingly, people weren't pleased, and the statue was subsequently toppled.

The Daily News reports that the statue was the work of 27-year-old Anthony Scioli. It depicts a large-breasted, fertility goddess-esque Clinton with hooves for legs, stomping on what appear to be her deleted emails and, it seems, Benghazi—she's also being fondled by a Wall Street banker. The statue was up for under 3 hours before a woman knocked it over and sat on it, calling it "obscene." She told the News, "To put something up like this in front of my work place...I shouldn’t have to see this."

The statue was removed by police at around 8:30 a.m. because Scioli didn't have a permit.

You can see video below:

There's some chatter on the Internet about whether it's fair that there was an uproar over the naked Clinton statue when the Trump statue was celebrated by Trump-hating urbanites. Personally, I don't think either statue accomplishes anything. As much as I hate Trump, his statue both body-shamed and further dragged this miserable election through the gutter, and we all would have been just fine without it. This Clinton statue is as degrading as it was inevitable.

Still, Trump's a miserable, thin-skinned, groping, violence-inciting piece of shit and most of his fans are just as bad. Mock him all you want, just be prepared for the other side to fight back with equal furor.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
madonna20f-3-web.jpg

Madonna posted this photo to Instagram after appearing on stage before Amy Schumer's show in NYC on Tuesday.
(Madonna via Instagram)

Forget a chicken in every pot, Madonna has a much better offer for voters.

The Material Girl took the stage as the opening standup act for Amy Schumer at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night, and joked about a proposition to people who cast their ballot for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

"One more thing before I introduce this genius of comedy: If you vote for Hillary Clinton, I will give you a b--job — and I am good," she said to the crowd.

The 58-year-old singer went on to detail her qualifications for the position.

"I take my time, I have... eye contact and I do swallow," she added, giving a thumbs up.

Madonna went on to praise Schumer before introducing her to the stage, noting "one day I want to do what she does."

The two pals also broke out into a brief dance on stage before hugging each other.

Schumer previously opened up for Madonna's "Rebel Heart" tour at Madison Square Garden back in September.

It wasn't the first time Madonna sexed up her political stance.

On Sept. 28, she joined Katy Perry's lead and went topless on social media for the Democratic presidential nominee.

madonna20f-4-web.jpg

Madonna was offering her services to voters of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton during Amy Schumer’s Tuesday night show.
(Andrew Harnik/AP)
"[I'm] voting naked with Katy Perry!! Vote for Hillary. She's the Best we got! Nude Voting series # 1," the "Like A Virgin" singer wrote.

Schumer is also an outspoken supporter of Clinton and recently registered voters in Florida.

The 35-year-old comedian also poked fun at Donald Trump during a stand-up show Sunday night in Tampa, which prompted nearly 200 people to walk out.

After she was introduced by Madonna on Monday night, Schumer issued a sarcastic apology to those who left Sunday's show.

"After the show, I want you to know that I will go straight to a rehab facility that will teach me how to make all people happy," she said. "Both the rich, entitled, white people who are gonna vote for him [Trump] and the very poor people who've been tricked into it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...lary-voters-amy-schumer-gig-article-1.2836485

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Trump voters and Bernie Bros get all the press, but it’s Hillary voters who are going to win.

In a 1969 speech, then-President Richard Nixon directly addressed the “silent majority” of Americans who he hoped would support his middle path policy on Vietnam. The speech itself, if you read it, is rather banal and unremarkable, but the turn of phrase came to be a powerful icon of the politics of the era. At a time when American society seemed in many ways to be pulling apart, Nixon argued for stability.

And with that phrase, he offered recognition to the large number of Americans who were neither Black Panthers nor Klansmen, neither war hawks nor hippies, just basically normal middle-class white people who rejected Jim Crow without embracing Black Power, disliked the war but disliked communism even more.

Nixon’s presidency itself descended into oblivion, but his silent majority of hard hats and conformists carried forward, dominating American politics for the rest of the 20th century. Under George W. Bush, Republican rhetoric took a different turn — more overtly pious and messianic — but in the wake of Bushism’s self-discrediting collapse, Nixonian themes have strongly reemerged under the leadership of Donald Trump.

Trump-branded signs intoning the slogan “THE SILENT MAJORITY STANDS WITH TRUMP” festoon his rallies, and optimistic writers invoke the notion of a silent majority to tout theories that the polls are undercounting Trump voters.

But though Trumpniks are certainly the demographic descendants of Nixon’s white working-class silent majority, the basic reality is that they are anything but silent. Trump’s rallies are, as Trump would be the first to tell you, enormous, raucous affairs. He brings in big ratings. He attracts constant coverage, and so do his supporters, in the form of endlessly writerly explorations of the agonizing anxieties of “Trump Country” communities afflicted by everything from deindustrialization to opiate addiction to an influx of immigrants from the Dominican Republic.

Nor, crucially, are the Trumpniks a majority. Polls give every indication that Hillary Clinton is going to beat Trump, just as she beat Bernie Sanders — who also drew larger rally crowds and more think pieces than she did — in the Democratic primary. Clinton crowds aren’t as big, and her voters aren’t as loud or as interesting to the media. But there sure are a lot of them. And it’s about time we acknowledge them and their emergence as a new silent majority that reelected America’s first black president and is poised to elect its first woman.

The new silent majority is minorities and educated women

In 1972, Nixon’s silent majority, grounded firmly in the white working class, delivered a smashing victory for the GOP, dashing the hopes of George McGovern supporters that a new coalition of young white professionals and racial minorities could upend American politics. Forty-four years later, America is facing another silent majority election — one in which the story has been all about Trump’s supporters but the victory will go to Clinton’s.

Ironically, the basic contours of the coalitions are essentially the same as in Nixon’s day.

Data from the Pew Research Center shows that Republicans enjoy the allegiance of the vast majority of white voters without a college degree — a trend that Trump will, if anything, accelerate. Democrats, meanwhile, enjoy overwhelming majorities among people of color, who now comprise almost 40 percent of their party — a trend that Trump will, again, accelerate. White Democrats these days are mostly college graduates, and mostly women. And while white male Democrats will back Clinton over Trump, they went pretty overwhelmingly for Sanders in the primaries. Clinton’s core coalition is composed of racial minorities and well-educated women, especially unmarried ones.

Clinton also enjoys the support of more than 70 percent of LGBTQ Americans and is trouncing Trump with Jewish voters by higher margins than any 21st-century Democrat.

The new silent majority is quiet

Clinton led in the Democratic primary from the first day to the last, and has consistently led in general election polling since the beginning of the campaign. Yet the Clinton voter has not made the same kind of impression on the media, in part because the new silent majority voter offers less visible evidence of being fired up and the new silent majority’s signature politicians — Clinton and Obama — do not do grand performance of anger, even at a time when rage is all the rage in American politics.

This is almost certainly not a coincidence. As Rebecca Traister wrote after the Iowa caucus, “No one likes a woman who yells loudly about revolution”:

And no, it’s not just this woman. This is a paradigm; it’s why Mom is the disciplinarian and Dad is the fun guy, why women remain the brains and organizational workhorses behind social movements while men get to be the gut-ripping orators, why so many women still manage campaigns and so many men are still candidates.

Obama, of course, is in a similar boat. Trump can deliver a speech excoriating establishment elites in business and government who don’t care about his people and sound like a populist champion to white America. An angry black man talking about his desire to burn down the system would sound like, well, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whom Obama had to loudly and immediately disavow to be deemed acceptable to a sufficiently large minority of white voters to win.

There is, of course, something lost in this. The financial crisis of 2008 and the ensuring Great Recession were genuine outrages, and it’s understandable that many voters yearn for politicians who’ll give voice to that rage. But ability to perform anger without coming across as the wrong kind of person is still a privilege in the 21st-century United States, and the new silent majority values other forms of representation that a woman can bring to the table over the performance of rage that her rivals bring.

Clinton’s signature weakness is that she is an ultimate insider — a veteran of a system many Americans have come to despise. This is, however, another way of saying that she has an unusually impressive résumé for a presidential candidate, with a longer and wider range of experience than any president since the Civil War. Clinton’s silent majority values competence and experience, and recognizes that it’s no coincidence the first plausible woman president had to be the most well-qualified candidate in generations and equally un-coincidental that in the hands of her enemies her great asset has been relabeled as a weakness.

The new silent majority has a lot to lose

During his August month of faux outreach to African-American voters, the most loyal bloc of the new silent majority, Trump surveyed black Americans and asked, “What the hell have you got to lose?”

Black people are, of course, well aware that they continue to face a large number of important struggles on both economic and non-economic fronts. But the vast majority of black voters perceive themselves as having a great deal to lose from the election of Donald Trump. That includes the repeal of a health care law that’s reduced the uninsurance rate among African-Americans by more than one-third, an approach to housing policy that’s attempted to reinvigorate decades-old anti-discrimination legislation, and a Department of Justice that actually cares about protecting nonwhites’ right to vote.

Latinos worry about losing these things, and they also worry about friends and relatives being deported and communities torn asunder.

Clinton’s silent majority is at times caricatured by her critics on the left as complacent, but a better characterization of the predominant view would be that Clinton voters feel precarious.

Voters who are a generation or two removed from the tyranny of the lynch mob or just a few years into enjoying the right to marry the person of their choosing are not that excited about the idea of bringing back the good old days. Thirty years ago, there was only one woman in the Cabinet and just two in the Senate. Educated, professional women chipping away at glass ceilings in their own workplaces see meaningful progress over a generation in politics and hope for more with the election of the first woman president.

Clinton’s coalition is under no illusion that all is well in America, but it does believe the country is improving in important ways. It’s skeptical of the impulse to flip the table over and hope for the best, and absolutely allergic to the view that the current version of the United States is a fallen one and the country reached its peak in the days of Mad Men and union factory jobs.

The new silent majority is diverse

Many Clinton supporters — especially people of color who are not enjoying inordinately privileged positions in the American socioeconomic hierarchy — have become increasingly frustrated with an endless parade of pious calls from inside the elite media for elites to pay more attention to the real pain of Trump voters.

Part of this is that even though Clinton has a winning coalition of voters behind her, it is a coalition of people who are traditionally marginalized in American society. It’s common for writers to start with the observation that Trump is popular among white voters with no college degree and then fall into shorthand describing his “working class” or “blue collar” appeal as if working-class black and Hispanic voters simply don’t exist.

Women, famously, are quieter about their views — less likely to submit blind op-eds or send obnoxious emails — to the point that many of America’s Trump-voting husbands are unaware their wives are for Clinton.

But Clinton’s silent majority is also hard to see precisely because it’s so diverse. There is not necessarily a “typical Clinton voter” in the sense that an older, white working-class person is a typical Trump voter and a young white college graduate was a typical Bernie voter. As a mid-30s, non-observant Jewish college graduate, I’m a very typical Clinton voter. But so is my older gay neighbor, and the black mom living a few houses down, and the house next door of single women roommates. The affluent DC suburb of Arlington County will deliver Clinton a hefty haul of votes, but so will the small, slightly-poorer-than-average city of Richmond, Virginia, and rural, poor areas like Holmes County, Mississippi, and Starr County, Texas.

You can’t profile “Clinton Country” or the “Clinton voter” as a single kind of person or place. Clinton Country, instead, is like America itself — vast and diverse, incorporating a staggering range of disparate individuals and localities that do not have an enormous amount in common beyond allegiance to a common set of political ideals.

The noisy minority used to be the majority

In the summer of 2000, Joel Rogers and Ruy Teixeira published an Atlantic article that was designed to be a counterpoint to the then-current political obsession with “soccer moms” and “wired workers.”

Titled “America’s Forgotten Majority,” Rogers and Teixeira’s article sought to remind readers that though America had changed over the past generation, it still hadn’t changed that much. White working-class voters, they pointed out, were still 55 percent of the population. Sixteen years later, the white working class is anything but forgotten — at times it seems the press can't write about any other political demographic — but it's no longer a majority.

The Latino share of the electorate has grown. The Asian share of the electorate has grown. The African-American share of the electorate has grown. A new cohort of white voters — the most highly educated generation in American history — reached adulthood.

The new silent majority understands coalitions

The greatest difference between the new silent majority and Trump’s noisy minority is that Clinton’s majority is a coalition of minorities, and it is self-aware about that fact.

Black voters, Latino voters, LGBTQ voters, Asian voters, Jewish voters, and all the rest demand respect and recognition from the politicians they support. But they are also tempered and realistic in terms of exactly how much respect and recognition a minority slice of the population can expect. African Americans were thrilled to have a black candidate on the ballot but vote for white Democrats all the time — including ones like Missouri Senate candidate Jason Kander who engage in elaborate displays of cultural affiliation with rural white sensibilities.

Members of the new silent majority recognize that most candidates, most of the time, will not be embracing their particular niche cultural cues. Tim Kaine does a speech in Spanish every once in a while, but he mostly speaks English, and Clinton, like Obama before her, speaks English exclusively. Every component group would like more recognition rather than less, but each recognizes that it is a piece of a larger whole. What they want, most of all, is candidates who will advance their interests in concrete, specific ways.

Clinton’s voters, like Trump’s, experience economic challenges. But they are responding mostly by backing a candidate who is offering specific forms of assistance — middle-class tax cuts, more subsidies for child care and higher education, immigration reform, policing reform, etc. — rather than holding out for someone who will deliver an overwhelming message of cultural solidarity.

Trump voters were surprised and alarmed to learn that Obama could win reelection with scant support from people like them, and have reacted with the Trumpian primal scream. To turn things around in the future they’ll have to learn the lesson that Hillary and Bill Clinton learned 44 years ago as organizers for George McGovern — just because the noise is on your side doesn’t mean the votes are.

To win as a minority, you have to learn to play nicely and work well with others. Clinton’s voters — and Clinton herself — have mastered that, and in doing so made themselves the new majority.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Prominent Trump Supporter PROMISES To Murder Hillary Clinton If Elected, FBI Coming (VIDEO)
By Tim Keller -
October 17, 2016
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

Never before in the history of American politics has there been such a pronounced threat of physical violence hovering around a presidential election.

Part of that sad fact is the muck at the bottom of America’s pond, which has been seriously stirred up this election cycle by alleged unregistered sex offender Donald Trump. But Mr. Trump has only piggybacked on decades of fear-based anti-government, anti-liberal rhetoric. The Wall Street Journal recently posted a video where a man who epitomizes the current surge in alt-right extremism got to say his piece on what he’d do if Hillary Clinton is elected. The results are disturbing.

Dan Bowman is a 50-year-old, self-employed, die-hard Trump supporter. After being convinced to remove his mask at a Trump rally in Ohio, Bowman implied heavily that he would be willing to assassinate a sitting U.S. president.

‘I feel like Hillary needs to be taken out. If she gets into government, I’ll do everything in my power to take her out of power. Which, if I have to be a patriot, I will.’

After the reporter asked Bowman what that meant, he replied, “Take it any way you want to take it.”

Then Bowman gets really nuts.

‘I won’t have to myself. Well, there’s going to be probably a movement to where we will go and take them out of power.’

After the reporter questioned him further, Bowman dropped another bomb.

‘If she’s corrupt, why should she be able to stay in office? Answer that question.’

Well, first, because we have an election system to handle that process, since violence is not generally a good way to establish a system for who leads a country. Second, because she’s actually more honest than the clowns who the opposing party put up for election, including alleged unregistered sex offender Donald Trump, by a long shot. And third, enough is enough with the pointless, stupid threats of violence.

People in first-world countries with rights that others can only dream of need to shut their mouths about murdering elected officials. Forever. Because even though it may be something that alleged unregistered sex offender Donald Trump and his followers would like to pretend isn’t true, words do matter. The culture that creates people who say it’s okay to fire bullets at a sitting U.S. president can also create people who actually do it. Good thing this guy is probably gonna get a nice long visit from the Secret Service.

Watch the full video of the encounter below.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
If you're intrested in the email report of Hillary's server then read this to get the truth. Trump supporters please get someone to read this to you!:smh:

What the FBI Director’s letter about the Clinton emails really says

It’s a good idea to read the letter before you report on it.
1*LfmnwZyjed_9C3dlvSD1uQ.jpeg

FBI Director James Comey CREDIT: AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais
Oy.

As of this writing, all three cable news networks are in a frenzy. FBI Director James Comey just sent a letter to Republican congressional committee chairs announcing that he’s taking a new look into Hillary Clinton’s emails. Another investigation! And right before the election! She could be indicted!

Well, probably not. Indeed, almost definitely not. Here’s what the letter actually says:

1*ZWhrAEO6Bnu0DiNx7Usp-w.jpeg

The relevant paragraph in this brief letter is the middle one, where Comey writes that the FBI “has learned of the existence” of emails that it previously did not review. In response to this new information, the FBI will now “allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information.”

The FBI, in other words, is not reexamining its previous findings. It is not questioning its previous legal conclusion that “no reasonable prosecutor” could determine that charges are warranted. Based on the letter, it appears that the FBI will simply provide the same scrutiny to these newly uncovered emails as it previously applied to the emails it already reviewed when it determined that criminal charges are not warranted.

Though the initial narrative to emerge from this new letter — a narrative pushed by Republican House Oversight Chair Jason Chaffetz — is that the FBI has “reopened” the case against Clinton, several reporters did acknowledge on Twitter that this narrative is not true.
Tom Winter @Tom_Winter
NOTE: House Oversight Chair has called this a "re-opening" of the investigation into Clinton. However, FBI Director used no such language.

Matt Viser @mviser
Doesn't appear from Comey’s letter there’s “re-opening” of an investigation. They’re reviewing new emails, found as part of “unrelated case"

1:32 PM - 28 Oct 2016

Obviously, this letter raises many questions — not the least of which is why the Republican FBI Director decided to release such an inflammatory letter immediately before the election rather than waiting two weeks. Indeed, even Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), the number two Republican in the Senate, appeared surprised by Comey’s timing.

Based on the letter’s actual content, however, there is no reason to believe that the FBI will change its ultimate conclusion that no reasonable prosecutor could bring charges against Clinton.

UPDATE: Additional details have leaked out about the facts underlying Comey’s vague letter.

SECOND UPDATE: Newsweek reports some helpful details about why Comey wrote this letter so close to an election:

Why did FBI Director James Comey shock Washington on Friday with an announcement that the FBI “has learned of the existence of emails” related to Hillary Clinton’s private email server, and what does it mean?The truth is Comey didn’t have a choice. Because the new information followed his sworn testimony about the case, Comey was obligated by Department of Justice rules to keep the relevant committees apprised.Under oath Comey had stated that the bureau had completed its review. Once he learned that there were new emails that required examination, Comey had to notify Congress that he had to amend his testimony because it was no longer true.
So what we now know is that Comey delivered this letter, not because the FBI uncovered some new bombshell, but because he was under a legal obligation to do so. We also know that the emails were not from Clinton. Additionally, the AP reports that the emails “did not come from her private server.”

Despite the explosiveness of the initial headlines regarding this letter, the actual substance of the story appears to be shrinking with each new revelation.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Joe Biden: 'I thought I could beat Hillary'

By Sophie Tatum, CNN

Updated 11:54 AM ET, Sat October 29, 2016

Biden: I thought I could beat Hillary Clinton 00:46
Story highlights
  • Biden has repeatedly said the decision not to run was solely based on the death of his son
  • The vice president has said in previous interviews he regrets not running for POTUS
Washington (CNN)Vice President Joe Biden says that had he run for president, he would have defeated Democratic standard-bearer Hillary Clinton in the primaries.

"I thought I could beat Hillary. I thought I could beat anybody that ran," Biden said in an interview with CNN's Michael Smerconish that aired Saturday. "No one should run for president unless they think they can do that."
Biden announced his decision not to run alongside President Barack Obama and his wife, Jill Biden, during a press conference in the Rose Garden of the White House last October, ending widespread speculation about the former senator's political future.
Biden has repeatedly said the decision not to run was solely based on the death of his son, Beau Biden, last year.
"I didn't run -- not run -- because Hillary was running. I didn't run because my son's not here. Period," Biden told Smerconish.
Questions regarding Biden's decision not to run come amid a tightening race between Clinton and Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. With just 10 days ahead of Election Day, both candidates have faced scrutiny and are widely unpopular.
On Friday, Clinton's email controversy was brought back into the spotlight when FBI Director James Comey announced new emails had been recovered that were related to her use of a private email server.
The newly discovered emails are part of an investigation into Anthony Weiner, according to law enforcement sources. Weiner, the disgraced former congressman, recently separated from top Clinton aide Huma Abedin after a sexting incident.
Biden has said before he regrets not running for president.
"I regret it every day, but it was the right decision for my family and for me. And I plan on staying deeply involved," Biden said in an interview with Connecticut NBC affiliate WVIT in January.
Speaking with Smerconish, Biden reiterated his support of the Democratic nominee.
"I have great respect for Hillary," Biden said.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Hillary Clinton’s Strategic Ambition in a Nutshell

by DIANA JOHNSTONE

It has become crystal clear.

For the record, here it is.

She has big ambitions, which she does not spell out for fear of frightening part of the electorate, but which are perfectly understood by her closest aides and biggest donors.

She wants to achieve regime change in Russia.

She enjoys the support of most of the State Department and much of the Pentagon, and Congress is ready to go.

The method: a repeat of the 1979 Brezinski ploy, which consisted of luring Moscow into Afghanistan, in order to get the Russians bogged down in their “Vietnam”. As the Russians are a much more peace-loving people, largely because of what they suffered in two World Wars, the Russian involvement in Afghanistan was very unpopular and can be seen as a cause of the collapse of the Soviet Union.

This led to the temporary reign of the drunken Boris Yeltsin who – as recounted in Strobe Talbott’s memoirs – was putty in the hands of Bill Clinton. Hillary would like to renew that sort of relationship. Putin is an obstacle.

The new version of this old strategy is to use Russia’s totally legal and justifiable efforts to save Syria from destruction in order to cause enough Russian casualties to incite anti-Putin reaction in Russia leading to his overthrow. (Note State Department spokesman John Kirby’s recent warning that Russia will soon be “sending troops home in body bags”.)

That is the prime reason why the United States is doing everything to keep the Syrian war dragging on and on. The joint Syrian-Russian offensive to recapture the rebel-held Eastern sections of Aleppo might lead to an early end of the war. U.S. reaction: a huge propaganda campaign condemning this normal military operation as “criminal”, while driving ISIS forces out of Mosul with attacks from the East, so that they will move westward into Syria, to fight against the Assad government.

Ukraine is another theater for weakening Putin.

Hillary Clinton’s ambition – made explicit by her own and her close aides’ statements about Libya in emails at the time – is to gain her place in history as victorious strategist of “regime change”, using open and covert methods (“smart power”), thus bringing recalcitrant regions under control of the “exceptional, good” nation, the United States.

This ambition is backed by possession of nuclear weapons.

I am by no means saying that this plan will succeed. But it is very clearly the plan.

The electoral circus is a distraction from such crucially serious matters.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/10/21/hillary-clintons-strategic-ambition-in-a-nutshell/

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
"If you didn't vote for Hillary Clinton ... I'll seize your phone, I'll seize the car."

Watch this mom's impassioned plea for her son to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Sen. Richard Burr privately mused over the weekend that gun owners may want to put a "bullseye" on Hillary Clinton, according to audio obtained by CNN.

The North Carolina Republican, locked in a tight race for reelection, quipped that as he walked into a gun shop "nothing made me feel better" than seeing a magazine about rifles "with a picture of Hillary Clinton on the front of it."

"I was a little bit shocked at that -- it didn't have a bullseye on it," he said Saturday to GOP volunteers, prompting laughter from the crowd in Mooresville, North Carolina. "But on the bottom right (of the magazine), it had everybody for federal office in this particular state that they should vote for. So let me assure you, there's an army of support out there right now for our candidates."
The comments resemble similar ones made by Donald Trump in August when the GOP nominee said "Second Amendment people" could take matters into their own hands if Clinton became president.

But unlike Trump, Burr is saying sorry.

"The comment I made was inappropriate, and I apologize for it," Burr, the Senate Intelligence Committee chairman, said in a Monday statement to CNN.
CNN has reached out to Clinton's campaign for comment.

A Burr campaign official said that the senator's remark about feeling "better" was in reference to other GOP candidates winning support from gun-rights groups -- not from Clinton potentially being shot.
Burr, now in a heated contest against Democrat Deborah Ross in a race that could swing the Senate majority, threw red meat throughout the 45-minute talk, in an effort to fire up his supporters. He even said he would work to keep the ninth seat on the Supreme Court vacant if Clinton becomes president.
He also boasted that he's the one who helped initiate the Clinton email investigation and claimed that the FBI's review of more Clinton emails would help down-ticket Republicans.
Burr added that he believes the new FBI inquiry would show that someone on Clinton's team, or potentially Clinton, was lying under oath.

"Could she pardon herself? And the answer is yes," Burr said on the prospects of Clinton getting indicted after winning the election, though that's legally off-limits once in the White House.
But he also bluntly said that if Clinton is elected, he will do everything in his power to deny her the right to fill the vacant Supreme Court slot, aligning himself with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's position on the issue.
"Well, my answer to you would be it isn't going to happen -- period," Burr said when asked about the prospects of President Barack Obama's nominee, Merrick Garland, being confirmed in the lame-duck session of Congress.

Burr added: "And if Hillary Clinton becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court."
Burr boasted that he is responsible for the "longest judicial vacancy in history" by denying the confirmation of an Obama judge to serve in the eastern district of North Carolina.
In his remarks, Burr reiterated his criticism of Trump's vulgar remarks about women that were caught on a hot mic. But he rationalized his support for Trump by saying that the GOP nominee "aligns perfectly with where the Republican Party is" on the issues. And he said that Trump deserves some flexibility to make mistakes.

"So I think it's really, really important that when you get somebody that aligns with you politically, that you give them the freedom to determine how they change as an individual," Burr said.
His continued support of Trump was not unnoticed.

"I want to thank him for being a strong supporter of Mr. Trump," someone in the room said of Burr, according to the audio. "I appreciate his loyalty."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politics/richard-burr-hillary-clinton-gun-owners/index.html

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Burr added that he believes the new FBI inquiry would show that someone on Clinton's team, or potentially Clinton, was lying under oath.

This is precisely the kind of base-less unsupported comment any fool would know would follow from FBI Director Comey's letter to Congress. Clearly, Comey could have easily guessed that his "fact-less" letter released just 10-12 days prior to the election (1) would be quickly released by republicans in Congress; and (2) would clearly have the possibility of altering the election, even if it turned out later that there was nothing there.

Even if one could conclude that Comey is a good guy with no intent to alter the election -- it is equally clear to me that Comey exercised the same, or worse, gross carelessness as he attributed to Hillary Clinton's handling of the private server/email matter.

Burr added: "And if Hillary Clinton becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court."

Burr boasted that he is responsible for the "longest judicial vacancy in history" by denying the confirmation of an Obama judge to serve in the eastern district of North Carolina

The election hasn't even been held yet and they are promising aleady the same "NO" shit as Obama had to endure for the better part of 8 years.

:smh:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
This is precisely the kind of base-less unsupported comment any fool would know would follow from FBI Director Comey's letter to Congress. Clearly, Comey could have easily guessed that his "fact-less" letter released just 10-12 days prior to the election (1) would be quickly released by republicans in Congress; and (2) would clearly have the possibility of altering the election, even if it turned out later that there was nothing there.

Even if one could conclude that Comey is a good guy with no intent to alter the election -- it is equally clear to me that Comey exercised the same, or worse, gross carelessness as he attributed to Hillary Clinton's handling of the private server/email matter.

The election hasn't even been held yet and they are promising aleady the same "NO" shit as Obama had to endure for the better part of 8 years.

:smh:

Absolutely. And for what I bolded above, John McCain has basically said the same thing, but he tried to walk it back.

Later in the interview, McCain used the opportunity to make the case for fellow Republican Sen. Pat Toomey, who is locked in a close battle to retain his Senate seat in Pennsylvania. McCain promised that Republicans would be "united against any Supreme Court nominee" put forth by Clinton.

"I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up," McCain said. "I promise you. This is where we need the majority and Pat Toomey is probably as articulate and effective on the floor of the Senate as anyone I have encountered."

A spokesperson from McCain's Senate office later clarified his comments on opposing a Clinton-nominated justice.
"Senator McCain believes you can only judge people by their record and Hillary Clinton has a clear record of supporting liberal judicial nominees," said McCain spokesperson Rachael Dean. "That being said, Senator McCain will, of course, thoroughly examine the record of any Supreme Court nominee put before the Senate and vote for or against that individual based on their qualifications as he has done throughout his career.
"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/17/politics/mccain-clinton-trump-supreme-court/index.html

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
"That being said, Senator McCain will, of course, thoroughly examine the record of any Supreme Court nominee put before the Senate and vote for or against that individual based on their qualifications as he has done throughout his career."

Yep. LOL. McCain was clearly walking backwards!!!

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Media
WATCH: Louis CK’s EPIC Answer on Trump vs. Hillary
6d91f94d3316d0ac53c3711f04f38fca

By Grant Stern
Posted on November 2, 2016

Conan O’Brien asked comedian Louis CK who he’s choosing between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in this years election, his answer was amazing! He said:

“I’m going to vote for Hillary because… I think she’s great! It’s not a lesser of two evils. I think she’s great, she’s really talented and I think she’s super smart, I would take her over anybody else that would do it. To me it’s really exciting to have the first mother in the White House, it’s not just about the first woman, it’s about the first mom. Because a mother she’s got it! A mother just does IT. She feeds you, and teaches you, she protects you. She takes care of shit.”

“We’ve had 240 years of fathers. Father after father. Bald Father. Fat Father. Every kind of Father. Fathers are ok. I’m a dad, you’re a dad. A GREAT father can give his kids about 40% of their needs. Any mother, even a not even trying mother can give 200%!”

Watch the rest here, because the ending is truly the best part:

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor
If you choose to support Clinton out of fear of a Trump presidency, then do so without perpetuating the multitude of myths and lies that portray Clinton as a champion of equity and social justice.

We are counting down these final days to November 8th 2016 election day.

The corporate television media of mass distraction (CNN, ABC, NBC/MSNBC, CBS,
FOX FAKE) all of whom have donated $$$$$$$$$ money into the Clinton Foundation pay-to-play slush fund, have scrupulously avoided explaining to the overwhelming majority of attention deficit disorder (ADD) American sheeple, how the Clinton camarilla functions.

The Clinton's unmitigated breathtakingly corrupt pay-to-play machinations of the Clinton Foundation are something we haven't seen since Nixon's CREEP. The Clinton's are peddling influence and selling legislative favors to big businesses and foreign governments including brutal dictatorships who behead & crucify dissidents (Saudi Arabia).

It's a very simple story to tell the American sheeple, if the corporate television media really wanted to tell the story. The corporate media doesn't want to tell the story —because— they as corporations have ALL donated into the Clinton Foundation slush fund themselves.

We learned very recently via wiki-leaks, from a insider lawyer working for Bill Clinton how the pay-to-play— {"make-me-rich" and I'll take care of you} — 501c3 'Clinton Foundation' slush fund actually works. The insider lawyers name is Doug Band, Doug Band ran all the rackets for the Clinton's.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/co.../carr_dont_hang_around_doug_band_this_weekend

Billary (Bill + Hillary) are thoroughly corrupt. It's not even debatable. The have been running, on steroids, a pay-to-play racket ever since they lost to Obama in 2008.
Even Donald Trump "donated" $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation a few years ago. If you haven't been bamboozled by the corporate media's incessant focus on the Donalds sexual "assaults?" on woman then you've actually been reading the wiki-leaks about how the corrupt Clinton Foundation works.

For those of you who don't read articles longer than 200 words, watch the video below

If Michelle and Barack Obama were running an operation like the Clinton Foundation, the head of the FBI would frog march both of them out of the White House at 10AM in the morning.

Listen below as Barack Obama in 2008 describes the duplicity &
hypocrisy of the Clintons

The Hillary for President campaign and associated super-pacs also accept 501c4 "dark money"

What is dark money?? READ- https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016/01/20/19156/what-political-dark-money-and-it-bad

Obama said
NO to accepting 501c4 "dark money"

Because her opponent is the totally "unacceptable" Donald Trump, rational people are ignoring the unethical slime that covers the Clinton's up to their eyeballs and voting for them to STOP Trump.

This Presidential election IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY the individual,
this is not a popularity or personality contest.
It's about NOT having the U.S.A. regress & devolve into a Racist, Misogynist, Fascist, corporatist country led by a buffoon.
A vote for Billary (Bill + Hillary) is the only sane vote one can make,
despite their hideous neo-liberal, DINO policies.

Donald Drumpf is a Sociopath and a Fascist with NO clue how to run the America Empire; for him it's all about his ego, seeing his name in "lights".
The President of the United States gets to choose every Federal Judge in the country, all 50 states, and of course the most important Federal court SCOTUS. There are another 4,000 Federal jobs that the POTUS selects. Every ambassadorship, the head of huge multi-agency Homeland Security, Customs, Treasury, Justice Dept. Civil Rights head, CIA chief, EPA head, etc.........and of course Commander In Chief of the $1,000,000,000 U.S. Military with military bases all-over-the-world and command & control over 8,000 nuclear missiles on land, air and virtually undetectable deep underwater nuclear powered submarines.

fascist.jpg

confederate-flag-in-front-of-white-house1.jpg

tb-chumps.jpg

b.gif

The RepubliKlan Party of 2016 is:

• Unapologetically proudly RACIST
• Virulently HOMOPHOBIC
• Anti-Sex Education in schools
• Anti-Birth Control
• Anti- Immigrants (Build a wall, stop ALL Mexicans & Muslims)
• Anti- ANY Minimum Wage increase
• Anti- Student Loans (big cuts in Pell grants; blocked interest rate cut on loans)
• Anti-Abortion Rights (republiklans were silent when Dr. George Tiller was murdered)
• Anti-Consumer Protection (pro-tort reform)
• Anti- Climate Change Science Reality (It's not real it's a communist plot)
• Anti- Environmental Clean-Up (Piyush Jindal of LA blocked law mandating oil corp. clean up of gulf coast)
• Anti- Infrastructure $$$$ Replacement (U.S. bridges & roads are old & crumbling)
• Anti-Regulating The Banksters (want to repeal Dodd-Frank)
• Anti-Social Security Insurance (want to end it & send the existing money to Wall street)
• Anti-Medicare (want to send Grandma into the clutches of the "Health Care Mafia" with a coupon)
• Anti-Unemployment Insurance (want to end it; cut it to a max of 8 weeks))
• Anti- Healthy School Lunch for kids (want to REPEAL Mrs. Obama's healthy lunch reforms)
• Anti-Education Standards (republiklans want to close the Dept. of Education & teach biblical creationism)
• Anti-W.I.C. (republiklan congress recently cut money for Women Infants & Children program)
• Anti- Environmental Conservation Laws (want to close the EPA & burn MORE coal)
• Anti-Food Saftey Inspections (republiklan congress recently cut US food saftey budget)
• Anti- Ingredient Labels on Food (republiklans don't want you to know)
• Anti-Progressive Taxation (republiklans against raising the 15% tax Millionaires & Billionaires pay)
• Anti-Banning the Death Penalty (278 INNOCENT people released from Death Row since 1989)
• Anti- Restoring Habeas corpus (republiklans NOT against "disappearing" people)
• Anti-Separation Of Church & State (republiklans want to mandate Christian prayer ONLY in schools)
• Anti- Government Funding of Scientific Research (republiklans have slashed funding i.e. stem cell research)
• Anti-Feminism (woman should be submissive to men; it's in the bible)
• Anti-Affirmative Action (republiklans say "there is NO racism in AmeriKKKa)
• Anti-Department of Labor (republiklans believe overtime pay should be abolished)
• Anti-Small Business Administration (want to abolish it)
• Anti-Substantially Increasing Foreign Aid (republiklan congress just cut food aid to AFRICA)
• Anti-Government Student College Tuition Grants (republiklans want to dramatically cut PELL grants & other Education programs)
• Anti-ANY Gun Control
• Anti- NON-Christian Religion Tolerance
• Anti- Universal Health Care
• Anti- Ban Against Torture (republiklans support "rectal" feeding & slicing of genitals)
• Anti- ANY Cut In Military Spending
• Anti- Pay Increase For US Soldiers (republiklans consistently vote NO)
• Anti- Increase in Veterans Benefits (republiklans want to convert military pensions into 401K's)
• Anti- Equalizing Penalty for Crack/ Powder Cocaine Conviction
• Anti- Ending Draconian mandatory loooong sentences for drug possession
• Anti- Womens Health/ Well-Women Care (republiklans vote to defund Planned Parenthood)
• Anti- Legislation Banning Outsourcing (republiklans voted AGAINST law prohibiting outsourcing by companies $$$$$ bailed out by U.S. taxpayers)

gop-lie-strategy-lie.jpg

think_its_not_illegal_yet_by_free126-d46s2wb.png

Last edited:

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor
logo_main2.png

Hillary Clinton Tells Black People What She Will Do If Elected - Nov. 1st 2016

hillaryclinton_1912_carolinian_web120_TPhiSAx_t580.jpg

Hillary Clinton, Democratic presidential nominee, discusses the issues in an exclusive with veteran journalist, Cash Michaels, editor of The Carolinian in Raleigh and a Peacemaker contributor. (THE CAROLINIAN)

By Cash Michaels (The Carolinian, NNPA Member) | 11/1/2016, 4:32 p.m.
http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2016/nov/01/clinton-talks-about-criminal-justice-jobs-and-educ/

[RALEIGH] In an exclusive interview with North Carolina’s African-American press, Hillary Clinton said the even though she is running to benefit all Americans, the first woman expected to be elected president of the United States on Nov. 8th does have a special focus on working with the African-American community and its leaders — both local and national — to improve employment, business, education, and other important quality of life issues.

“I want to pay particular attention to Americans who feel left out and left behind by the economy, or the situation in their communities,” the former First Lady, senator and United States Secretary of State said Oct. 23rd at St. Augustine’s University in Raleigh, a historically Black college, during perhaps one of her last sit-down interviews of the campaign.

“I’ve laid out a really extensive agenda for African-Americans, starting with improving the economy so that its producing more jobs for more people; raising the national minimum wage – [we’ve] got mostly women earning minimum wage, often times being the sole support of their children, and they deserve a better economic opportunity,” she said. Clinton also cited more affordable housing as a need.

She maintained that getting equal pay for women as a “particularly big issue for African-American women,” adding that black female small business owners are “the fastest growing segment of the small business world in our country.”

“[But] they’re running into credit… [and] regulatory problems. We’ve got to look at those, not just from a 30,000-foot view, but right down on the ground. What is it that stands in the way of men or women getting their businesses going?”

Improving higher education not only through the proposal she and Sen. Bernie Sanders have developed to make public universities “tuition-free” for students from families making $125,000 or less, but also creating a “dedicated $25 billion fund” to help private historically black colleges and universities like St. Augustine’s and Shaw universities to continue to grow.

After reading that one in five North Carolina homes have no access to the Internet, noting that they are disproportionately African-American or Latino, Clinton said emphatically, “I want to fix that,” continuing that those families are left out of so many economic and educational opportunities as a result.

“Taking on systemic racism,” something she has “talked very openly and specifically about,” is something Clinton added to her pronounced agenda for African-Americans. She points towards reforming the criminal justice system “from end to end” to help stem the tide of questionable fatal police shootings of black people, improving police training, and building greater respect between law enforcement and the African-American community.

“I particularly want to provide more diversion from the criminal justice system and more second chance programs for people who have paid their debt to society so that we begin to reverse what has been an over incarceration that has really disrupted communities.”

“But I also have to do more to heal the divides that we face in our country, and I’m taking all of this on because I want to build on the progress that Pres. Obama has made. I don’t want to see it reversed or ripped away.” And yet, a “President” Hillary Clinton’s approach would be from “a different perspective that will hopefully get even more people listening,” she says.

Clinton certainly disagrees with Donald Trump’s assessment that African-Americans “live in hell,” instantly exclaiming, “Oh that’s so wrong,” and then adding “One of many insulting, divisive comments that Trump made was his characterization of African-American communities. It just shows he’s never been in any, he doesn’t know any people, he has no idea of the dynamism of small business or the importance of historically black colleges and universities, or the role that black churches play, or black professionals, and every walk of life.”

“He has characterized in such a negative way what I see as a part of America that has a lot going for it, but [also] has some challenges that we must honestly address. “

Clinton expressed support for South Carolina Congressman James Clyburn’s “10-20-30” plan – ten percent of federal funds should go to the twenty percent of communities that have been living with generational poverty and lack of development for thirty years. Clinton says she’s developed a plan that not only implements 10-20-30 into the federal budget, but also the empowerment and enterprise zones that helped build black businesses under President Bill Clinton’s “New Markets” tax credits to be able to further invest, and hire people within their communities.

Mrs. Clinton said she’d like to see “a much bigger effort” when it comes to upgrading skills training so that more people can actually qualify for the 1.2 million available jobs in the marketplace. She says she wants to accomplish this challenge literally on a “neighborhood by neighborhood” basis, working with local officials, businesses and faith leaders who know the most about their own communities, and bring different perspectives to the table.

Clinton lauds President Obama’s leadership in getting the country out of the greatest financial crisis since the great Depression – an economic collapse she says was caused by a combination of huge tax breaks for the wealthy, and Republicans taking the regulatory eyes off of Wall Street and the financial markets. Clinton says that Obama “doesn’t get the credit that he deserves for pulling us out of that big ditch.”

She credits the president’s “steadiness” in guiding the economy with a substantial stimulus and recovery package and the reinstatement of a higher tax rate on the wealthy, all resulting in over 75 consecutive quarters of economic growth. Last year until now, Clinton adds, more people are finding work, incomes went up and more people are entering the jobs market.

“I want to build on that foundation,” Mrs. Clinton says of Pres. Obama’s achievements, “and I don’t want to see it ripped up and thrown away by a false ideology that the way you create economic wealth and equality in America is top down. I think its middle out, and bottom up. I will build on what the president has done.”

When asked if “President” Hillary Clinton’s United States Justice Department would continue to pursue the strengthening of voting rights, keeping in mind the US Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that the Republican-led NC General Assembly deliberately suppressed African-American voters with “surgical precision,” Clinton immediately said, “Yes, a hundred percent.”

She furthered that she was “proud” of the efforts of both US Atty. Gen. Loretta Lynch and her predecessor, Eric Holder, to beat back unconstitutional voter ID laws in North Carolina and across the nation. However Clinton also blasted the US Supreme Court for striking down Section 4(b) of the 1965, effectively taking away the Justice Dept’s most effective tools in policing how various states are upholding the 1965 Voting Rights Act [VRA].

Clinton lamented that the High Court crippled the VRA, especially since Democrats and Republicans in the US Senate when she served voted 98-0 to renew the VRA, and then-Pres. George W. Bush signed it.

“I want to appoint people to the [US] Supreme Court who understand, based on what you read in the Fourth Circuit [and other court findings against Republicans trying to suppress the vote]. I also want to go back to Congress and try to get legislation to fix the heart of the Voting Rights Act…” noting that Congressman John Lewis (D-GA) is leading a bi-partisan effort now “…to reinstate the full reach and power of the VRA.”

Clinton, her husband former President Bill Clinton, and other campaign surrogates have been flooding North Carolina in recent weeks trying to edge Republican Donald Trump in one of the nation’s tightest battleground state races. Last Thursday, Clinton appeared with First Lady Michelle Obama in Winston-Salem, N.C.

campaign-2016-clinton.jpg

Last edited:

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
After this election cycle and all the coverage she's had I think I wanna fuck Ana...:D:D:D

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
White women, own up to it: You're the reason Hillary Clinton lost

I don't understand white women.

Fifty-three percent of you chose an indisputably unqualified man for a job over a woman who could run circles around him.

Isn't that the very thing you're always complaining about in the workplace?

Here, you had an opportunity to place a woman in the most coveted position in our land. And you blew it.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what to make of that.

It wasn't like the qualifications of the two candidates were even close. His resume made him look like an apprentice compared with her stellar achievements. Yet, you decided that he deserved the job.

Perhaps you thought he was a better fit. How many times have women heard that excuse when being turned down for a position? After all, the predominantly male power structure — the Congress in this case — would feel more comfortable with someone at the helm who looks and thinks like them.

We know how quickly they dismissed everything that African-American man had to say over the last eight years. Certainly, a woman couldn't fare any better than President Barack Obama. What America needs at this point in time is a white man who knows how to get things done.

And white women, exit polls show that you apparently bought into that ridiculous, stereotypical notion.

It wasn't just the uneducated ones who voted for Trump, either. Forty-five percent of you hold college degrees.

Black women thought you were serious about breaking that glass ceiling. But when you were close enough to touch it, you turned around and walked away. Maybe it wasn't all that important to you after all.

If white women struggle to achieve equal status with white men, know that it is twice as difficult for black women. Still, 94 percent of black women voted for Clinton. And unlike white men, of which 63 percent voted for Trump, 80 percent of black men voted for Clinton.

So while everyone's pointing a finger at someone else for messing up this election, when it comes to black voters, you need to keep your hands in your pocket. Don't dare accuse black voters of staying home in urban cities like Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Cleveland and allowing rural white voters to outnumber them at the polls. Latino women turned out in stronger numbers than you too. Sixty-eight percent of them voted for Clinton.

Of course, I'm not blaming every white woman. The 43 percent of you who voted for Hillary Clinton are as dumbfounded as black women are. Clearly, there's a problem within your ranks, and you didn't even realize it.

According to a study by the Center for Talent Innovation, a New York-based think tank that studies labor trends involving gender and other areas, black women and white women view power in completely different ways.

As it turns out, black women are nearly three times more likely to aspire to a powerful position with a prestigious title than white women. The reason is simple. Black women are used to being in control.

We come from a long line of matriarchs — black women who prevailed as breadwinners despite a relentless undertow of discrimination and economic hardship, according to the 2014 study, "Ambition in Black and White: The Feminist Narrative Revised."

But here's the problem. Despite our hunger for leadership roles, black women for the most part are invisible to corporate management. African-American women hold only about 5 percent of managerial and professional positions.

We don't have anyone in our corner, either. Only 11 percent of black women have sponsors or senior advocates, according to the study.

Though white women are ambitious, the study showed, they tend to have misconceptions about power, which keep them from pursuing leadership positions. According to the study, 56 percent of white women believe the burdens of leadership outweigh the rewards.

The study surmises that their ambivalence is likewise shaped by history. For centuries, the study said, white women have been confined to homemaker and helpmate roles — norms that have proven difficult to escape.

In other words, some white women carry a lot of guilt about being in charge. They'd rather sit back and let their men take over.

I know lots of white women who defy these characteristics. They're smart, ambitious, fearless and driven. Indeed, Hillary Clinton, is one of them.

But, political leanings aside, I can't help but wonder if this is why some white women voted against their own self-interest.

A friend who teaches at a major university in Texas told me that her white female students offered various reasons for voting for Trump, ranging from anti-abortion to taxes. She's convinced that some women blindly followed their men who convinced them that they should support Trump for political reasons, while overlooking his blatant misogyny.

Who knows if that's what really happened. What we do know is that white women have to accept a large part of the blame for why Hillary Clinton isn't going to be the first female POTUS.

And as far as black women are concerned, you can be sure of this: We're going to think long and hard the next time white women ask us to follow them up a ladder so they can leave us out on a ledge.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/glanton/ct-white-women-glanton-20161118-column.html

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
An Open Letter To White Liberal Feminists

NOVEMBER 19, 2016 BY RHON MANIGAULT-BRYANT

Dear White Liberal Feminists,

After Donald J. Trump’s election to the highest and most powerful political office of the United States last week, many of you have approached me, and my black brothers and sisters especially, with tearful eyes and somber faces. In person, in private, in public, and in the digital sphere, you have bemoaned the state of this world and our political landscape. You have lamented the deep-seated divisiveness of this country. You have wept, you have hugged, and you have gingerly asked, “how are you?”

And yet, your actions and inquiries are especially loaded, as much for their selfishness as their disingenuous nature. Your hugs and tears are of the self-soothing kind. Your inquiries seldom derive from a true desire to learn about how I, as an African American woman, really feel. Rather, your queries posit, in the most passive aggressive way, “Aren’t you as upset about the election results as I am?” “Aren’t you embarrassed to be who you are?” “Aren’t you sorrowful that your parents, and your in-laws, and your siblings, and your friends in towns and cities and states voted for Donald Trump?” “Aren’t you ashamed to know that the women of your race also voted against so very many of theirs and others’ interests?” “Aren’t you devastated that the first female candidate—our candidate—to earn the Presidential nomination for a major party did not win and allow us to make history for women?”

I am none of those things and I share none of these sentiments, in large part because these queries are not my narrative. I am ultimately not surprised by the most recent outcome of the election (and I am familiar enough with history to recall the inimitable, Shirley Chisholm, the queen of the “unbossed and unbought” perspective). I find your overall shock at the role white women voters played in the election curious for its naïveté and annoying for its obtuseness.

Black Panther Women

If there is a sentiment we share, it is disappointment. I am disappointed that it has taken you this long to actually get what black women—and namely black feminists and womanists—have been trying to help you see and feel for a very long time. We now, for example, share fear. But my fear has been tempered by the legacy of slavery and anti-black racism in this country. You now worry for your children, your family, and your brothers and sisters. I have been worrying for mine.

And if I am being honest (and we can be honest, right?), I am also a bit delighted. I am delighted that you have received the potential awakening of a lifetime, and that now you might actually get what so many of us have been describing all along. Welcome to that deep perpetual angst. Embrace it, and allow it to motivate you to a deeper form of action.

I am also thrilled about how this moment might signal an end to the dangerous, disingenuous version of feminism that so many (though not all) of you embrace, and which promotes white women’s success over and against anyone else. It is the brand and tenor of white feminism that allows for a recapitulation of white male patriarchy (à la white women merely behaving as white men in drag and putting on the farce of gender equity). It has long been your trope and now it is your bane.

But what will you do with this newfound dismay? How will you interrogate and sustain your recent enlightened perspective about how white women remain complicit in the oppressions of so many non-white folks, and even themselves? Given your responses this week and the last, I am already seeing a kind of writing on the wall—that of denial. So few of you have commented on the implications of large numbers of white women voting against Hillary Clinton. So few self-proclaimed white liberal feminists interrogate racism, imperialism, capitalism, and sexism because they benefit from it and are too busy being protected by it.

What then, is the efficacy of this particular brand of white feminism in our current moment? If this most recent presidential election has revealed nothing else, it has shown that this specific ilk of white feminism must die.

In this moment, if I have any regret, it is that you are trying to force me to be complicit in your self-denial, and that you expect me to do yet another kind of labor. You look, of all places, to me to help you deal with your feelings. Rather than holding up your weeping, weak selves, I have a few questions for you to consider: Who will you be in this hour? What will you do to enact change and with whom will you partner to do it?

By all means, use whatever mechanism you require to move through the stages of grief as you bury your false idol of faux feminist solidarity. You must now do the intensive work to heal your troubled soul. And after you have come to terms with your own guilt, embarrassment, and pain, I encourage you to run with your newfound perspective. There is a terrifyingly beautiful lineage of black resilience—seasoned by black suffering—that you might turn to for hope.http://www.aaihs.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Beyonce-Lemonade-Album-Booklet-Hope.jpg

Beyoncé performing during The Formation World Tour in Brussels, Belgium, on July 31, 2016 (Credit: Franklin Heijnen)

I especially urge you to read up. A host of syllabi and materials posted here on AAIHS(including #Lemonade: A Black Feminist Resource List) can help you, as can this powerful reminder from The Combahee River Collective’s “A Black Feminist Statement:”

The most general statement of our politics at the present time would be that we are actively committed to struggling against racial, sexual, heterosexual, and class oppression and see as our particular task the development of integrated analysis and practice based upon the fact that the major systems of oppression are interlocking. The synthesis of these oppressions creates the conditions of our lives.

For more recent commentary, Kali Holloway’s “Stop Asking Me to Empathize with the White Working Class: and a few other tips for white people in this moment” and a current call for a Meeting in the Ladies Room offer important perspectives, as does Yolanda Pierce’s lament about the state of an already-fragile hope for racial and gender justice. Pay attention to brother Van Jones, who is truly out there doing God’s work, and making a sustained, deep effort to get at what really divides us.

In the meantime, please stop assuming, listen attentively, and look deeply within yourselves to purge racism and sexism (and a whole litany of other ‘isms). Most significantly, get yourselves together. And in so doing, remember that black bodes have historically been your solace in a myriad of ways. Embrace this opportunity to dismantle oppressions.

Ashes to ashes,

Dust to white liberal feminism.

http://www.aaihs.org/an-open-letter-to-white-liberal-feminists/