{~~~Guns, Guns and Mo' Guns - The Right To Keep And Bear Arms~~~}

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whats so special about the DD MK18? I mean its popular, but besides it being by DD I'm not sure why compared to say a Sig Tread Pistol, or any 14.5" pistol .

It's a solid platform but... IMO, because it's utilized by Spec Ops and featured in video games. The dress up boys drool over this, to satisfy their daydreams of being an operator. The HK 416/417 fanboys are even worse...

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Each caliber has a different printout target. Print it, post it about 20-25 yards from you. Put some gun oil (very small amount just makes it easier to insert and take out of muzzle) on the rings on the portion of the sighter that goes into the muzzle. Turn on the laser, aim at the bullseye and get into a comfortable position or the natural position you will fire the weapon and aim like you normally would, make adjustments to your gun sight until the laser and your sight meet together on the bullseye of the target.
I shot 4 squirrels this morning so I know it aint too off, 3 of them were one shot kills, the last one had a few misses. That's what made me want to get it back in the vise with the laser.

Last edited:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor

Still not a fan of shotguns for myself. I'm good with my pistol for home defense. It's meant to buy me time to get to my 300Blk anyways and I can maneuver around corners a hell of a lot easier with my pistol & 300Blk than I can with a standard shotgun anyways.

Biggest problem I see from ppl watching a video like this is a lot of them won't train with their shotguns thinking it's easy to use so they won't be familiar with how to clear jams or reload quickly while under duress.

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
Still not a fan of shotguns for myself. I'm good with my pistol for home defense. It's meant to buy me time to get to my 300Blk anyways and I can maneuver around corners a hell of a lot easier with my pistol & 300Blk than I can with a standard shotgun anyways.

Biggest problem I see from ppl watching a video like this is a lot of them won't train with their shotguns thinking it's easy to use so they won't be familiar with how to clear jams or reload quickly while under duress.
I get you but folks don't don't practice! I know for a fact that a 20GA will do the job for close personal work, without the kick that 12GA gives you. FWIW I have an 12GA, AK style...the kick is totally manageble for re-acquisition IMO. I've seen a number of folks that can't handle a pump properly without being a liability. Not hating on 300BLK at all but without practice...IJS

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I get you but folks don't don't practice! I know for a fact that a 20GA will do the job for close personal work, without the kick that 12GA gives you. FWIW I have an 12GA, AK style...the kick is totally manageble for re-acquisition IMO. I've seen a number of folks that can't handle a pump properly without being a liability. Not hating on 300BLK at all but without practice...IJS
We're practically saying the same thing about ppl not practicing. My biggest concern is ppl assuming shotguns are easy when in fact they require the most practice cuz of their specific limitations and characteristics. Tv & movies got them fucked up with unrealistic expectations

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
How do I get one of these?!?

FCKGigjWEAUPKAE.jpg

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:hmm:
Scope still off, shooting high right from afar. I set up a 6" gong & silhouette and kept missing with scoped .22lr. Did hit a good shot from about 100 yards standing freehand, that was cool.

I also sighted in AR's with red dots so I try the AR pistol and it's off to the right, too. :hmm: Couldn't hit steel consistently even from about 10 yards. Frustrating

I need some sandbags or a gun vise to get this shit right.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
:hmm:
Scope still off, shooting high right from afar. I set up a 6" gong & silhouette and kept missing with scoped .22lr. Did hit a good shot from about 100 yards standing freehand, that was cool.

I also sighted in AR's with red dots so I try the AR pistol and it's off to the right, too. :hmm: Couldn't hit steel consistently even from about 10 yards. Frustrating

I need some sandbags or a gun vise to get this shit right.
I own a CTK Precision P3 Gun Vise... It works. The "Protektor" is my favorite though.
I also own several vises with the sand bags (Bulls Bag).

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You gotta get rest, Bro... It's hard to get the accuracy without them, because a small movement from the bench can translate to a large movement down range.
Yea, I'll start looking for a used shooting bench and gun vise

GianoJuan

Comandante en Jefe
BGOL Investor
I shot 4 squirrels this morning so I know it aint too off, 3 of them were one shot kills, the last one had a few misses. That's what made me want to get it back in the vise with the laser.

Oh you went out there and did a John Wick on those tree rats! :lol:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh you went out there and did a John Wick on those tree rats! :lol:
I tried to get all three in the pic, its hard to see the 3rd.

Whats funny is how they run when they see me, sometimes they look at me when I got the scope on 'em and scramble like hell. One time a squirrel was running, jumped from hickory branch to pine branch, starts coming down branch toward trunk & facing me. I up rifle and he turns around and runs back to end of pine branch & jumps to another branch. Lol

Then other times it's like 5 squirrels in the same tree and I get to sniping.. and the others don't really move much. That's when I'm able to get a few in one sitting. Usually when I'm using subs.

Speaking of... where y'all getting subsonic from? The few I had I found at Dick's years ago and just kept them.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Good deal?
Tipton Ultra Gun Vise - $100
4087494-fde75a3bd00533ad92b1f6bb8ef76f2d.jpg
That looks like a great vise for cleaning and bore sighting. But, I'm not sure if it'll work at the gun range for actually sighting the rifle in.

Your gun vice has to be steady enough to handle the recoil from larger caliber rifles.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
That looks like a great vise for cleaning and bore sighting. But, I'm not sure if it'll work at the gun range for actually sighting the rifle in.

Your gun vice has to be steady enough to handle the recoil from larger caliber rifles.
Yeah I wouldn't trust that for actual range shooting. Like you said, it doesn't look like it'd stay steady enough to be able to get a valid zero. I'm fortunate that there's a free indoor range with 100m lanes for rifle here in Raleigh that's run by the county. A number of us from the local NAAGA chapter take advantage and go there for zeroing our rifles and testing reloads

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great battle belt option. I have one that I use for my home defense setup.

You and these battle belts. Man, I like making do or re-purposing stuff I already have. I want something I can just throw over my shoulder and run out the house with, with one of these strapped to it and maybe a couple handgun mag holders

p-26598-pch289_East_German_Mag_Pouch_-_Camo_lg.jpg

Trying not to give in to consumerism, but you got me thinking "would I really use one?"
I plan on training & practicing with my carry holster not something mounted on a battle belt.

Hmm, not sure

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Yeah I wouldn't trust that for actual range shooting. Like you said, it doesn't look like it'd stay steady enough to be able to get a valid zero. I'm fortunate that there's a free indoor range with 100m lanes for rifle here in Raleigh that's run by the county. A number of us from the local NAAGA chapter take advantage and go there for zeroing our rifles and testing reloads
I take my own vises/bench rests with me. I know how to use my equipment. That takes all of the guess work out of the equation.