New M&P 2.0 Metal Performance Center. Damn she's purty

317079458_10160669804158960_7312946949709892234_n.jpg

317505006_10160669804203960_7688872339811289521_n.jpg

317508926_10160669804388960_3830494110898909255_n.jpg

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Greetings Fam,
Some of the Bros and I got out there this morning at 3am.

We had a raft this time, so we were able to retrieve what we hit.
I hit an American Coot. I heard that they taste good in Gumbo. I'mma find out soon.

And again, the Benelli did it's thing.

image186.png

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Greetings Fam,
Some of the Bros and I got out there this morning at 3am.

We had a raft this time, so we were able to retrieve what we hit.
I hit an American Coot. I heard that they taste good in Gumbo. I'mma find out soon.

And again, the Benelli did it's thing.

image186.png
Appreciate that you eat what you hunt.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I told myself, "I'll only hunt what I'll eat."

I'll kill anything for self defense though.
My father used to hunt and felt exactly the same. I never took it up because I lack the patience, in what is usually some the most uncomfortable circumstances/environments. I also prefer the taste of farm raised meat.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not really the same, cause they're vermin, at least in my opinion. All summer I'm at war with squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, opossums, birds, etc., in my garden. But I only shoot them with a pellet gun.
I started with a daisy bb gun, ran out of bb's and grabbed the .22lr.

It started with them in birdfeeders, then peach trees, garden, now in hickory trees.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
My father used to hunt and felt exactly the same. I never took it up because I lack the patience, in what is usually some the most uncomfortable circumstances/environments. I also prefer the taste of farm raised meat.
I plucked it and wifey cooked it up already. If you like ribeye steaks, you'll love this.

She put a little salt and pepper on it. Then she put it in a frying pan and basted it with butter. They were super juicy and tender.

I told the Bros already, "Y'all can have the ducks. I'll keep the coots." :yes:

IMG-3417.jpg

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
C
I plucked it and wifey cooked it up already. If you like ribeye steaks, you'll love this.

She put a little salt and pepper on it. Then she put it in a frying pan and basted it with butter. They were super juicy and tender.

IMG-3417.jpg
That looks real good. Haven't eaten much game meat since I was a kid. I more recently tried some canadian goose meat but it was tough as shoe leather. Had to go to the restroom and spit it out. A white guy I worked with brought it and said he loved it. :rolleyes:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

IMG-3417.jpg
So that wasn't a duck? I thought it was a kind of duck

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
C

That looks real good. Haven't eaten much game meat since I was a kid. I more recently tried some canadian goose meat but it was tough as shoe leather. Had to go to the restroom and spit it out. A white guy I worked with brought it and said he loved it. :rolleyes:
He didn't cook it right, Bro.
Goose is good. It can be greasy, but it's good.

It's almost like the dark meat from a chicken. I bet they overcooked it.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
So that wasn't a duck? I thought it was a kind of duck
No, coots are in the "rail" family. They don't have the webbed feet like ducks, geese, and swans. They're usually found near fresh bodies of water (lakes, ponds etc...) just like ducks. They can be pretty noisy too.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, coots are in the "rail" family. They don't have the webbed feet like ducks, geese, and swans. They're usually found near fresh bodies of water (lakes, ponds etc...) just like ducks. They can be pretty noisy too.
Coot? And its not any of those you listed?
I ain't never heard of them

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
In the mood to purchase an AR, but on the fence of Rifle vs Pistol. For those that have both, which would you buy first if you had to do it again?
First thing you need to do is determine the ultimate purpose of the firearm you're looking to purchase and it's practicality. For me even though my 300Blk AR is my primary home defense weapon, I still go to my pistol 1st because of its versatility and accessibility.

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First thing you need to do is determine the ultimate purpose of the firearm you're looking to purchase and it's practicality. For me even though my 300Blk AR is my primary home defense weapon, I still go to my pistol 1st because of its versatility and accessibility.
I prefer pistol for home defense, I guess I'll go with the rifle

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In the mood to purchase an AR, but on the fence of Rifle vs Pistol. For those that have both, which would you buy first if you had to do it again?

Rifle... Depending on how mechanically inclined you are, I'd go with a rifle build.

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
What is the attraction for these?!

I just can't understand having a big gun (bigger than a handgun) with small valiber
9/10mm can do real damage in carbine length barrels in a lighter platform.
Ammo is easier to get. Won't be called an assault rifle.
Easy recoil and shot follow up without need of optics.

FWIW a rifle is a good first choice but the @Cannibal mentioned an AR so I'm assuming short range defense posture. Also, I think AR's are an over-rated platform that gets too much attention by folks who don't know guns and quick to classify them as assault rifles. I have 5 ARs and enough parts to build 5 more but they just get me into a spending mode for accessories that I probably don't need LOL.

IMO AK > AR but both get bad press

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
9/10mm can do real damage in carbine length barrels in a lighter platform.
Ammo is easier to get. Won't be called an assault rifle.
Easy recoil and shot follow up without need of optics.

FWIW a rifle is a good first choice but the @Cannibal mentioned an AR so I'm assuming short range defense posture. Also, I think AR's are an over-rated platform that gets too much attention by folks who don't know guns and quick to classify them as assault rifles. I have 5 ARs and enough parts to build 5 more but they just get me into a spending mode for accessories that I probably don't need LOL.

IMO AK > AR but both get bad press
For me only a short barrel AR makes sense for home defense and the only AR caliber that is at its best with a short barrel is 300Blk.

As for PCCs, you know non-gun heads won't be able to tell the difference and will still try to classify them in the same category as ARs. There's so much misinformation, it's beyond ridiculous. Hell we've seen some of those typical nonsensical responses on this forum.

EGO-TRIP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you're going to get just one , get a AR pistol in 300 Blk out . Then just buy a .556 carbine rifle upper to put on the pistol lower .

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I used the target that was in the box, and sighted using the other method.

When I tried using their software they wanted to know the bullet weight, velocity, grains, etc. I didn't have all the info and its just a .22lr.

I'll try to print it out when I feel like fucking with it again. I got enough projects on the homestead right now
Back fucking wit it. Its in the vise, laser in muzzle, target up about 25' away.
Every time I put eye thru scope, stock in shoulder, the crosshairs shift on the target to a different spot.

I'll just adjust it using an average of 5 or 10 times looking thru scope and moving away from it, then shoot it 50 - 100 yards.

If its getting boresited at 25', what will be the zeroed range for 22lr.?