Ghostbusters Frozen Empire (2024) FULL TRAILER 3 (3/1/2024) (FUCK YEAH...WE BACK)

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
@therealjondoe

Jon Jon? The hype is real. I fully understand these dudes willing to renounce generations of reparations for just a whiff of her vanilla stay puft goodness.

7d31bab7a4fca29702c9dde61bfcb770ff98179a.gifv
3f0bc168ed75b127d8578d48ff534123896062f2.gifv
Gimme my fuckin' reparations don't play with me.

Darkness's

Registered
Just came from my second watch…

Man I loved this movie…. Still love the movie. Actually loved it more the second time. I do think that if they cut out Black girl, Bill Murray, and
Patton Oswald’s characters… I think the movie would move a litte better.

To be honest after the rewatch… and listening to the Kinda Funny review… they made a point that I do have to agree with.

I definitely think there is a darker cut of this movie..

There were scenes in the trailers that weren’t in the movie.

After watching it again…
I definitely think that in the original cut of this.. Lucky was frozen and killed by the ghost trying to defend ol girl…

That would explain why… this scene was missing
433680-1699944943.jpg

Lucky was nowhere to be found here…

But in the cut running now… she is already on the Roof and Fin goes up there to her and gives her a red jacket.

I think they probably ran that scene in front of families and the powers that be didn’t want to show any onscreen human deaths.

Thats why i think that swapped out Lucky dying for the random dude at the vape shot.. you could tell that scene was thrown in and they didn’t show him actually dying on screen.

I think the hope is that Lucky represents the Black Ghostbuster for the new group… but it seems forced. She didn’t need to be there.

Also I think when Ol Boy picked up globe that his hand froze off in the original cut..
Yeah and y'all was bitching and moaning about it " WAAAAAH! Why they gotta kill the black girl first" and now she didn't get frozen you don't even want her in the movie. Make up your mind.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Caught it last night . It was pretty solid. Had a decent story with the ghost girl and the artificial. I liked Ernie Hudson's agency in this film as a philanthropist and currator of a oRNormal research facility. The mimic possession ghost was cool. He reminded me of those Saturday morning Ghostbusters ghoulies they used to bust like copycat. I was hoping one of those ghouls would make a cameo or get a mention like the sandman or sam hane. There wasn't too much member berries in this movie like the critics mentioned except for that news reel innthe begining. The statue of Liberty clip was cool. I give it an 81/2 out of 10.

You know what… when I was watching this… I also thought that the sandman would be absolutely perfect for the next one..

They already set up the fact that there is a rift over the firehouse .. which would be a great way to drag him in..

My only concern is that to do the Sandman justice.. he is going to scare the fuck out of kids in the theatre. lol…

Darkness's

Registered
Yeah and y'all was bitching and moaning about it " WAAAAAH! Why they gotta kill the black girl first" and now she didn't get frozen you don't even want her in the movie. Make up your mind.
Speaking of which the lil black chick had a freak vibe looking at that karma sutra picture and sling about sex dungeons. Her character is 18 right?

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just came from my second watch…

Man I loved this movie…. Still love the movie. Actually loved it more the second time. I do think that if they cut out Black girl, Bill Murray, and
Patton Oswald’s characters… I think the movie would move a litte better.

To be honest after the rewatch… and listening to the Kinda Funny review… they made a point that I do have to agree with.

I definitely think there is a darker cut of this movie..

There were scenes in the trailers that weren’t in the movie.

After watching it again…
I definitely think that in the original cut of this.. Lucky was frozen and killed by the ghost trying to defend ol girl…

That would explain why… this scene was missing
433680-1699944943.jpg

Lucky was nowhere to be found here…

But in the cut running now… she is already on the Roof and Fin goes up there to her and gives her a red jacket.

I think they probably ran that scene in front of families and the powers that be didn’t want to show any onscreen human deaths.

Thats why i think that swapped out Lucky dying for the random dude at the vape shot.. you could tell that scene was thrown in and they didn’t show him actually dying on screen.

I think the hope is that Lucky represents the Black Ghostbuster for the new group… but it seems forced. She didn’t need to be there.

Also I think when Ol Boy picked up globe that his hand froze off in the original cut..
You know what...

You're right....all that was in the trailers.

I wonder if its going to be an uncut version re-released later this year. I wouldn't be surprised.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You know what… when I was watching this… I also thought that the sandman would be absolutely perfect for the next one..

They already set up the fact that there is a rift over the firehouse .. which would be a great way to drag him in..

My only concern is that to do the Sandman justice.. he is going to scare the fuck out of kids in the theatre. lol…

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@38:00

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@21:00

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There just seems like there’s 10 to 15 minutes of stuff that was left out.. especially if you go back and look at all of the trailers

I agree with your earlier assessment it seems it was CHOICE.

more about lightening the tone keeping it family friendly. This was a live action cartoon episode.

Because everything they left out points to a darker tone and a death.

And I hate to say it I think the darker tone would have been better received.

I could see an unrated or directors cut doing very well if released. Especially in physical.

Sidebar... I love Bill but besides the analysis scene he just did some improv and went home and the movie deserved better than that. The few moments he had could have been potential Classics if he gave them a few REAL takes.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sidebar... I love Bill but besides the analysis scene he just did some improv and went home and the movie deserved better than that. The few moments he had could have been potential Classics if he gave them a few REAL takes.
I just saw the movie yesterday, and my two cents was that Bill Murray is clearly the least interested in doing these movies. It's a shame, because Venkman as a character only works if you believe that deep down, he does actually care about people. The way Murray phones it in makes you wonder why they even bother talking to him anymore.

As for the movie overall, I liked it. I'm not sure why some reviewers are critical of the final act, except that maybe they wanted something more epic as a conclusion. As stories go, I think it was paced just fine.

My only real gripe with the movie was that despite how well they did balance character interaction in a large ensemble, some characters clearly could have had more connectivity to the main plot or even just the characters tied up in it.

At the end of the day, my only issue is the one I always have about Ghostbusters: I want more. Not necessarily more from an individual movie. I just want more content. I still think Ghostbusters as a franchise works best in episodic form, not in movies that pop up every 2-3 years. I know that money and production lead the whole thing, but philosophically, that's how I feel about it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I just saw the movie yesterday, and my two cents was that Bill Murray is clearly the least interested in doing these movies. It's a shame, because Venkman as a character only works if you believe that deep down, he does actually care about people. The way Murray phones it in makes you wonder why they even bother talking to him anymore.

As for the movie overall, I liked it. I'm not sure why some reviewers are critical of the final act, except that maybe they wanted something more epic as a conclusion. As stories go, I think it was paced just fine.

My only real gripe with the movie was that despite how well they did balance character interaction in a large ensemble, some characters clearly could have had more connectivity to the main plot or even just the characters tied up in it.

At the end of the day, my only issue is the one I always have about Ghostbusters: I want more. Not necessarily more from an individual movie. I just want more content. I still think Ghostbusters as a franchise works best in episodic form, not in movies that pop up every 2-3 years. I know that money and production lead the whole thing, but philosophically, that's how I feel about it.

Completely agree with the fact that I just want more ghostbusters… I do think it works as a movie, but like you said I also think it works in episodic format..

Which is why I love this Ghostbusters Inc approach that’s probably going to start with the upcoming Netflix Animated series. I think the movies should be about the Spangler family, ray and Winston and the series can be about the other ghostbuster franchises around the country.

I definitely think the movie franchise needs to just limit itself to the Spangler family, Ray and Winston….. it really feels like there are some more stories for Ray and Winston… like I’m really curious about what the fuck Winston does to make his millions.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I definitely think the movie franchise needs to just limit itself to the Spangler family, Ray and Winston….. it really feels like there are some more stories for Ray and Winston… like I’m really curious about what the fuck Winston does to make his millions.
He hit it big in the finance world.

Probably invested in crypto, LOL!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Completely agree with the fact that I just want more ghostbusters… I do think it works as a movie, but like you said I also think it works in episodic format..

Which is why I love this Ghostbusters Inc approach that’s probably going to start with the upcoming Netflix Animated series. I think the movies should be about the Spangler family, ray and Winston and the series can be about the other ghostbuster franchises around the country.

Ummmm Sony?

Kindly heed these two gentlemen and pay them richly

Because that about covers it.

Maybe can I add one thing?

I want Ray to become almost obsessed or addicted to an ancient way to become a ghost temporarily and then you can bring in Patton Oswalt as a way to help/cure him. Some real stakes.

And steal some weapon designs from the women Ghostbusters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

you should really watch this

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This makes me feel like I really could have a place in social media doing breakdowns like this. But it also makes me feel like the bases and commonplaces are already pretty well covered.

You could definitely

the second point is a deeper discussion for another time