Game Of Thrones: The Sopranos with swords or Dynasty in chainmail?

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
game-of-thrones.jpg

Thoughts?

tygah

Star
BGOL Investor
I've read the books. If the showrunners can get the feel of the books it will definitely be Sopranos/The Wire of the fantasy genre. Now Camelot and The Borgias on the other hand, Dynasty.

T_R_O_N_I_X

Rising Star
Registered
This shit reminds me of a series version Lord of The Rings... And I fuckin' love that movie. So yeah, I am gon be watchin this shit religiously. :dance:

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what the fuck is this shit about? all i see is this ugly ass throne and read stuff on the internet about ninjas trying to control some westeros place.:smh::smh:

A-ten

Potential Star
Registered
I read the books. Great books except the fourth one, which was just ok. I'm going to be checking this series. I hope it's good. I was definitely happy HBO was producing since they usually make high quality material.

The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, and Six Feet Under. They rarely miss. I expect this to be good.

Game of Thrones is less like Lord of the Rings. It's far darker and more focused on the politics of a medieval realm. Not so much good versus evil as power vs. power.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
only caught part of the first showing tonight, and was on the phone with the sound down for most of that...but there was a decent amount of naked women... so I'm definitely gonna tune in again... and I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I'll be damned if at the end (this is a spoiler, but I don't think it gives away any plot line so fuck it) some kid gets pushed off a cliff by some guy because he saw the guy fucking some chick :lol:

Nu_lojik

Potential Star
Registered
Definitely interested in seeing just how true to the original story the writers will be. I wanted to stab myself after 2 episodes of " Legend Of the Seeker"
how the fuck did Terry Goodkind allow that great series of books to be butchered into a fuckin Xena knockoff?

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw the first part of it and skimed through the rest of the episode, couldn't hold my attention yet.

Can someone tell me what those zombie things were chasing the dudes in the forest?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
couple of questions (possible spoilers)

the two that were fucking at the end, is that the brother and sister, that arrived with the king?
who are the two blondes that the flash back and forth from? the brother and sister, and the sister is to be the queen of the long haired dude.

and someone upload the books.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

the two that were fucking at the end, is that the brother and sister, that arrived with the king?
who are the two blondes that the flash back and forth from? the brother and sister, and the sister is to be the queen of the long haired dude.

the two that were fucking at the end, is that the brother and sister, that arrived with the king?-yes

I will not be surprised if those two had something to do with that guy who died :dunno:

who are the two blondes that the flash back and forth from? the brother and sister, and the sister is to be the queen of the long haired dude.- good question

I thought the first episode was good,havent reads the book but I did download the audiobooks yesterday gonna listen to the first book tonite :yes:

The two fucking at the end are brother and sister...the sister is the Queen, she's married to the fat dude, the king. The midget is their brother.

The other two brother and sisters are in exile...apparently their daddy lost the throne by force. The sister is forced to marry the warrior dude so that the brother can use his army to regain the throne by force.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
the two that were fucking at the end, is that the brother and sister-yes

who are the two blondes that the flash back and forth from? the brother and sister, and the sister is to be the queen of the long haired dude.- good question

I thought the first episode was good,havent read the book but I did download the audiobooks yesterday gonna listen to the first book tonite :yes:

the two blondes were royalty from the former kingdom that the main stars of the show won from battle

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
What I like about the show is that the set design seems realistic unlike the borgias and camelot, you can tell those people were freezing their asses off in some dirty ass kingdom, not like the other shows where everyone is wearing brand new clothes and everything is sparkling clean

TimRock

BGOL Investor
The two fucking at the end are brother and sister...the sister is the Queen, she's married to the fat dude, the king. The midget is their brother.

The other two brother and sisters are in exile...apparently their daddy lost the throne by force. The sister is forced to marry the warrior dude so that the brother can use his army to regain the throne by force.

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Duval404

Star
BGOL Investor
I've been watching both Camelot and Game of Thrones and both are good with Game being the better of the two thus far.

I would recommend if you have HBO on Demand to view the 8 minutes segments of the various family houses. The first episode begins with much already having happened and you are left wondering about the history and these shorts on the Demand channel fill you in.

If done right, this series will be the shit. You have all kinds of fuckery happening and like most on the board, I was left shaking my head with the queen fucking her brother at the end of the first episode. Oh yeah and there is plenty of fine, naked asses shown. Camelot has some bad bitches too but the guy they have playing Arthur is a bit of a pussy. I would recommend catching a flick from back in the 80's, Excalibur if you want to see a good adaptation of the King Arthur story.

AgentCreed

Star
Registered
i downloaded the books gonna put them into my ipad...tho i may give a listen to the audio books...show was nice tho...feel bad for the kid at the end....

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I've been watching both Camelot and Game of Thrones and both are good with Game being the better of the two thus far.

I would recommend if you have HBO on Demand to view the 8 minutes segments of the various family houses. The first episode begins with much already having happened and you are left wondering about the history and these shorts on the Demand channel fill you in.

If done right, this series will be the shit. You have all kinds of fuckery happening and like most on the board, I was left shaking my head with the queen fucking her brother at the end of the first episode. Oh yeah and there is plenty of fine, naked asses shown. Camelot has some bad bitches too but the guy they have playing Arthur is a bit of a pussy. I would recommend catching a flick from back in the 80's, Excalibur if you want to see a good adaptation of the King Arthur story.
u liked camelot? I watched the first 2 eps and it seem like they marketing it to the teen twilight crowd with that effeminate Arthur

Duval404

Star
BGOL Investor
u liked camelot? I watched the first 2 eps and it seem like they marketing it to the teen twilight crowd with that effeminate Arthur

Well, I have always been a fan of the Camelot story. I like Joseph Fiennes as Merlin and Eva Green as Morgan(nice nude scenes). The rest of the cast is a tad bit weak. Seriously, check out the flick Excalibur and let me know what you think. Oh and you're right, the guy playing King Arthur acts more like a queen.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Well, I have always been a fan of the Camelot story. I like Joseph Fiennes as Merlin and Eva Green as Morgan(nice nude scenes). The rest of the cast is a tad bit weak. Seriously, check out the flick Excalibur and let me know what you think. Oh and you're right, the guy playing King Arthur acts more like a queen.
I like medieval films, but a cute chic having some nude scenes isn't going to make a bad series any better, you should check out the tudors, so far its the beats all the shows we've mentioned

Duval404

Star
BGOL Investor
I like medieval films, but a cute chic having some nude scenes isn't going to make a bad series any better, you should check out the tudors, so far its the beats all the shows we've mentioned

I heard The Tudors was a good watch. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a solid actor. I will have to catch up.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
i downloaded the books gonna put them into my ipad...tho i may give a listen to the audio books...show was nice tho...feel bad for the kid at the end....

Upload them books for me if you can.

coolhandluke

Potential Star
Registered
only caught part of the first showing tonight, and was on the phone with the sound down for most of that...but there was a decent amount of naked women... so I'm definitely gonna tune in again... and I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I'll be damned if at the end (this is a spoiler, but I don't think it gives away any plot line so fuck it) some kid gets pushed off a cliff by some guy because he saw the guy fucking some chick :lol:

That was his sister he was fucking, his twin sister at that!!!

GreedySmurf

Star
Registered
All I know is it seemed like every other scene had some broad being doggy styled and they showed a lot of titties. I'm feeling the show on that alone...

lowkeygee

Star
Registered
THis is my shit now! I read the books which had alot of fucking in them, so I know HBO bout to represent. Very good beginning. :yes:

I heard The Tudors was a good watch. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a solid actor. I will have to catch up.

I absolutely HATED the Tudors.

They dragged out that divorce for the entire first season....I watched the first episode of the 2nd and they STILL hadn't split from the Roman Catholic church...I refused to waste anymore time on that boring ass show.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, "The Tudors" was the shit! I never thought I'd watch 3 seasons of Henry VIII, but that series had me from jump. Even got me reading up on Tudor history and watching an older miniseries about Henry and his wives from the early 70's for comparison. Those were some brutal mufuckas!
The only thing that didn't hit the right note in the series was the fact that they had Joss Stone play one of the wives, and on the show and in history, that particular wife was supposed to be butt ugly, but Joss was looking good.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wait.........

The 2 at the end, the queen and that guy who's probably the king's champion knight - were related:eek:?!?!

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Wait.........

The 2 at the end, the queen and that guy who's probably the king's champion knight - were related:eek:?!?!

Yeah. The kids mentioned they were twins when they first arrived.