Fuck Drew Brees and the NFL

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Drew Brees Doesn’t Care About Black People
The NFL star addressed players kneeling during the national anthem in light of the current state of race relations in America.
Written By David Dennis, Jr.
Posted June 3, 2020

Source: Jonathan Bachman / Getty

There was a time I loved Drew Brees as much as any other athlete in the world. Back when I watched the NFL — before the league blackballed Colin Kaepernick for peacefully kneeling during the national anthem to raise awareness about the Black people killed by police brutality around the country — I was a diehard New Orleans Saints fan. As someone born in Louisiana, he was the savior for my favorite franchise. Then he spoke about Colin Kaepernick back in 2016:

“I disagree. I wholeheartedly disagree,” Brees told ESPN about Kaepernick’s silent kneeling protest. “Not that he wants to speak out about a very important issue. No, he can speak out about a very important issue. But there’s plenty of other ways that you can do that in a peaceful manner that doesn’t involve being disrespectful to the American flag… Like, it’s an oxymoron that you’re sitting down, disrespecting that flag that has given you the freedom to speak out.”

Not only was this a perfect embodiment of the “white moderate” Martin Luther King, Jr. warned us about “who is more devoted to “order” than to justice,” but Brees’ statement came on Aug. 29th, 2016 — exactly 11 years to the day since Hurricane Katrina made landfall in Louisiana.
Drew Brees owes so much of his legacy to the tragedy that was Katrina. Brees came to New Orleans in the wake of the storm and the way he catapulted the Saints to the playoffs and the eventual Super Bowl win in 2010 made him part of the story of the city’s rebuilding. And it is important here to note that Brees and his family have donated millions to the city beyond the revenue he brought as a singularly talented quarterback. However, his mythology is directly attached to a disaster that is a reflection of the racial inequalities Black folks face in this country.

Hurricane Katrina disproportionately displaced, killed and financially ruined Black people across the Gulf Coast region. The pitiful response by the United States government is just another shining example of the way Black folks are discarded in this country. This is the story indelibly linked to the legend of Brees. Which is why it was a stab in the gut for him to not understand why Black people would see the American flag as less than the symbol of hope Brees wants us to see.

I never cheered for Drew Brees after that.

Fast forward four years and we have even more proof of what we knew back in 2016: Colin Kaepernick was right. Colin Kaepernick was speaking to a real issue. And ultimately the only protest America will accept is a white protest. As the country recoils in horror at images of burning buildings and projectiles tossed across American cities in anger, Black America is reminding everyone that they didn’t accept peaceful protests, either.
As a reminder, these protests are a direct result of police murdering innocent Black people with the same fervor and frequency as they did back in 2016. While some in the world are coming around to understanding why Black people are angry, Drew Brees is sticking to the covering that makes him feel righteous in his indignation: the American flag.

This is what he said Wednesday when asked about players kneeling during the anthem in light of the current state of race relations in America:

He tried to clarify his statement with “I love and respect my teammates and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice… I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis.”

This… isn’t better. Sixty percent of Brees’ teammates are Black. He is in the epicenter of one of the most devastating racial injustices this country has ever seen and he wants us to protest in the way he sees fit. This is just a day after he joined in with an empty gesture of posting a #Blackouttuesday post on Instagram.

Drew Brees can pretend all he wants that it is about the flag or his grandfathers or whatever excuse he wants. This is about something else entirely. This is about another white man silencing Black people because they make him uncomfortable. This is anti-Black. This is why players are kneeling. If Drew Brees refuses to make way for solutions, then he is only standing in the way of equality. I don’t care how much he convinces himself otherwise.

If Drew Brees wants to be the hero he thinks he is, he needs to disentangle himself from his love of preserving white ideals and truly stand with Black people. Until then, he’s just an anti-Black football star in a city he’s betrayed.

200.gif

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yeah maybe they can fix some institutional NFL problems in TEN FUCKING YEARS after the next CBA is up.

Fuck all that talking, get those absent 600 motherfucking players to vote next time.

and yall stay losing by NOT having Kaep involved. Symbols matter, weak ass NFL.

I swear every damn NFL player better vote in the next election, post their, "I voted sticker", taking a knee in a number 7 jersey.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I don't understand,why black people are so quick to forgive this piece of shit...If,the roles were reversed,we would have to apologize to him and his family, go on every TV show on the planet,quote from many people around the world, give money to charity and etc.....Even,then white people wouldn't forgive us.

Shit makes no sense at all....

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't understand,why black people are so quick to forgive this piece of shit...If,the roles were reversed,we would have to apologize to him and his family, go on every TV show on the planet,quote from many people around the world, give money to charity and etc.....Even,then white people wouldn't forgive us.

Where are they forgiving him at because I’m not seeing that? :confused:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Black people quick to forgive in the name of Jesus man I tell ya. That muthafuckin Jesus Henry Christ stay havin too many lookin like straight suckas bruh. :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

7YYZza.jpg

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Chuck and Shaq out here getting their Django on... :smh:

tenor.gif

Chuck and Shaq both really need to not discuss issues like this. I like Ernie response saying how ppl use the flag as to not see what is happening right there in their face. And of course kenny disagree with both Shaq and Barkley. Then Barkley tried to get an attitude and went totally left field.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now, they are saying he made a mistake. No he spoke from his heart and that's how he feels. No need to apologize we understand what you STAND for. Don't change your stance once your love is gone and your brand will take a hit. His teammates should keep the same energy, but no most forgave him because, most likely the coach said we need to be a team and squash this. 24 hours you understand but in 4 years you didnt. Shut up.

Yeah he gives to charities and help in communities that means nothing. Donald Sterling owned a black basketball team and look how he felt about black people he just wanted them to entertain him. Just because you give money, time and participate in camps it doesnt mean you truly believe in who you are helping. You know how many people do things just to show their face, then leave saying fuck I hate doing this. Most times it's just a tax right off.

You know the saying, he has a black wife no way he is racist. True he could love/like her and his child but that doesnt mean he likes her family and everyone else that looks like her. Slave owners fucked many black women and turn around and whip the shit out of a black man or kill him. Hell, a serial rapist defense is he has 2 daughters and a wife no way he would rape another female. He has a loving family no way he would kill them and himself. Fuck him

If he takes a knee this season then he is even more of a hypocrite. Matter of fact don't even take a knee in the huddle. I use to always draft him first in fantasy football so glad I stopped playing 4 years ago. Don't let him off the hook.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I posted earlier

I'm not conspiracy guy

But Drew comments were so fcking well timed?

And white folk came out they hidey holes to save this cac

It was like they were waiting for the signal

And a whole lot of black folks hooked on that nfl narcotic

Worse?

They been bamboozled to think just because white folk like Drew Brees and James Dolan give black folk money?

Well they not racist and they allies.

Not understanding that sadly throughout history those usually the main ones who hate us the most and have some perverted white savior complex.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chuck and Shaq both really need to not discuss issues like this. I like Ernie response saying how ppl use the flag as to not see what is happening right there in their face. And of course kenny disagree with both Shaq and Barkley. Then Barkley tried to get an attitude and went totally left field.

Agreed, it’s a damn shame when Ernie’s Blacker thank Shaq and Charles. :smh:

Now, they are saying he made a mistake. No he spoke from his heart and that's how he feels. No need to apologize we understand what you STAND for. Don't change your stance once your love is gone and your brand will take a hit. His teammates should keep the same energy, but no most forgave him because, most likely the coach said we need to be a team and squash this. 24 hours you understand but in 4 years you didnt. Shut up.

Yeah he gives to charities and help in communities that means nothing. Donald Sterling owned a black basketball team and look how he felt about black people he just wanted them to entertain him. Just because you give money, time and participate in camps it doesnt mean you truly believe in who you are helping. You know how many people do things just to show their face, then leave saying fuck I hate doing this. Most times it's just a tax right off.

You know the saying, he has a black wife no way he is racist. True he could love/like her and his child but that doesnt mean he likes her family and everyone else that looks like her. Slave owners fucked many black women and turn around and whip the shit out of a black man or kill him. Hell, a serial rapist defense is he has 2 daughters and a wife no way he would rape another female. He has a loving family no way he would kill them and himself. Fuck him

If he takes a knee this season then he is even more of a hypocrite. Matter of fact don't even take a knee in the huddle. I use to always draft him first in fantasy football so glad I stopped playing 4 years ago. Don't let him off the hook.

Agreed and definitely not a “Mistake”.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First Saints game all black players should take a knee on offense, when the ball is hiked for 3 straight plays. Show him how far the flag and his white players will take him. Then tell Payton to put in Winston, and ball the hell out.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where is Eric Davis he has been silent. Almost like he is soaking it in like I told you, you wouldn't listen. Was he in the "way to late but sure let's do this" PSA.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
First Saints game all black players should take a knee on offense, when the ball is hiked for 3 straight plays. Show him how far the flag and his white players will take him. Then tell Payton to put in Winston, and ball the hell out.

wow...

that is awesome

will NEVER happen

but damn that is some historical sh*t if they actually had the courage to do it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Whelp...

apparently Drew Brees yet again couldn't close it out

cause NOW all these white folks moomnwalking like a muthafuka after RUSHING to his defense.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They ain't een gotta do all that. Best believe opposing defenses gonna have players do kneeling celebrations after sacking/intercepting Brees hoe ass.

I for one, Can't Wait!

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
At least the brother spoke out... with no guaranteed contracts in NFL cats know they on a thin with these racist owners. They will damn sure will cut his ass before Brees.
If the nigga not gonna stand his ground he should have shut the fuck up from the rip after Drew said it. :angry:

kUrpGu.jpg