FB Question, that I’d love to know the brothers point of view.....

madgoose

International
International Member
Get her to renew her tenancy and move in with her. You pay a grand each towards the rent and split all bills. She has halved her rent and bills so her financial goals are still realistic. You then put your possessions in storage and rent out your property, saving that money in a savings account, or similar but it is definitely not disposable income. If she has a problem with that put her lower on the roster and find you a room or a cheap place to stay until the tenancy expires and you can ask your tenants to leave, out start shopping around for a new place to buy and continue to rent your house.

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
I want to add that many people underestimate the cost and time to maintain a house. It is not as simple as paying light and gas and such. A good roof can last 20 years but when it comes time to get it done, it is a huge pain in the ass. Plumbing, pest control, electrical, stucture wear, heating and cooling will ( and yes I say "will" and not "could") become a problem with a house.

One of the biggest problems with elderly homeowners or people who own homes that need fixing is their inability to sell. It is not because they don't want to sell their property, it is because they can't. For example, if an elderly couple lives in a house for 50 years that potentially has a market value of $250,000. The old couple has been too old to properly maintain the house for the last 20 years, so they may be stuck in a selling delimma. Because before a house is approved for a mortgage, it has to pass inspection. And if their house need a new roof, and they have termites or rotting wood, and the sewage system has a leak; their house would not get approved for a loan. At least until all that shit is fixed. So their options would be to spend tens of thousands of dollars they may not have to get the house up to approval standards. Or try to sell the house cash as-is. The problem with selling houses cash as-is is that the seller gets low-balled like crazy. That old couple may get offers in the $50 - $70k range on a house that is worth $250k if it was well maintained.

Upkeep on a house is just as important as paying the mortgage.

In this FB discussion scenario, what happens when she moves in and doesn't pay anything, but a year later his septic line outside ruptures and it needs replacing at a cost of thousands of dollars? Would she be willing to help get it repaired or disregard it because it is not her house? She wants to live there rent free but all the liability falls on him.

@Camille,

I am not against women at all. I don't believe all women are trying have a come-up. And I applaud you for sticking around and being the voice of women on a forum full of men. But I want you to know that I am not looking at this scenario as a man versus a women. I am looking at it as a homeowner versus a non-homeowner. If the roles were reversed my views would still be the same.

Last edited:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I want to add that many people underestimate the cost and time to maintain a house. It is not as simple as paying light and gas and such. A good roof can last 20 years but when it comes time to get it done, it is a huge pain in the ass. Plumbing, pest control, electrical, stucture wear, heating and cooling will ( and yes I say "will" and not "could") become a problem with a house.

One of the biggest problems with elderly homeowners or people who own homes that need fixing is their inability to sell. It is not because they don't want to sell their property, it is because they can't. For example, if an elderly couple lives in a house for 50 years that potentially has a market value of $250,000. The old couple has been to old to properly maintain the house for the last 20 years, so they may be stuck in a selling delimma. Because before a house is approved for a mortgage, it has to pass inspection. And if their house need a new roof, and they have termites or rotting wood, and the sewage system has a leak; their house would not get approved for a loan. At least until all that shit is fixed. So their options would be to spend tens of thousands of dollars they may not have to get the house up to approval standards. Or try to sell the house cash as-is. The problem with selling houses cash as-is is that the seller gets low-balled like crazy. That old couple may get offers in the $50 - $70k range on a house that is worth $250k if it was well maintained.

Upkeep on a house is just as important as paying the mortgage.

In this FB discussion scenario, what happens when she moves in and doesn't pay anything, but a year later his septic line outside ruptures and it jeeds replacing at a cost of tgousands of dollars? Would she be willing to help get it repaired or disregard it because it is not her house? She wants to live their rent free but all the liability falls on him.

@Camille,

I am not against women at all. I don't believe all women are trying have a come-up. And I applaud you for sticking around and being the voice of women on a forum full of men. But I want you to know that I am not looking at this scenario as a man versus a women. I am looking at it as a homeowner versus a non-homeowner. If the roles were reversed my views would still be the same.

All good points. This is not how the scenario has been framed though. The comments are basically he is in a house that is paid for, she is in an apartment where she pays rent, so he has his ish together and she doesn't. That because she was taken aback because of the amount specified, that she was trying to get over. There is no information one way or another to determine this from the OP. Her credit might be better than his or she may have smaller debt. The house may need major repairs. Having a home paid in full doesn't mean he doesn't have $50,000 in credit card debt. These folks are pulling assumptions out of their backsides which all result in framing her in a bad light, when it could simply be that she doesn't understand the costs that go into maintaining a home and/or he could actually be trying to get over on her.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All good points. This is not how the scenario has been framed though. The comments are basically he is in a house that is paid for, she is in an apartment where she pays rent, so he has his ish together and she doesn't. That because she was taken aback because of the amount specified, that she was trying to get over. There is no information one way or another to determine this from the OP. Her credit might be better than his or she may have smaller debt. The house may need major repairs. Having a home paid in full doesn't mean he doesn't have $50,000 in credit card debt. These folks are pulling assumptions out of their backsides which all result in framing her in a bad light, when it could simply be that she doesn't understand the costs that go into maintaining a home and/or he could actually be trying to get over on her.
Let’s push your comment a lil.. she dosent understand the cost that go into maintaining a home.. so he tells her $800 a month.. than she’s flabbergasted.. do you think the convo ended there with no explanation? Do you think convo ended she walked out and that’s it? You don’t think she didn’t ask why should she had to pay $800 a month? You don’t think he explained what the $800 was for?.. you think after this convo happened she didn’t bring this up to anybody else? You don’t think anybody else with a sense of logic and knowledge broke it down to her and explained to her the cost of maintaining a house and why this is actually a steal that he offered her? You think none of the people in her circle actually gave her a breakdown why it might benefit her if she took the offer? So she dosent know anybody who owns a home or who has knowledge of maintaining a home? .. just a conversation between 2 people that ended with 1 flabbergasted..no explanation, no breakdown, no research, no outside voice of reason, no further negotiations, just a flabbergasted person who decided to enjoy her rent increase

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Let’s push your comment a lil.. she dosent understand the cost that go into maintaining a home.. so he tells her $800 a month.. than she’s flabbergasted.. do you think the convo ended there with no explanation? Do you think convo ended she walked out and that’s it? You don’t think she didn’t ask why should she had to pay $800 a month? You don’t think he explained what the $800 was for?.. you think after this convo happened she didn’t bring this up to anybody else? You don’t think anybody else with a sense of logic and knowledge broke it down to her and explained to her the cost of maintaining a house and why this is actually a steal that he offered her? You think none of the people in her circle actually gave her a breakdown why it might benefit her if she took the offer? So she dosent know anybody who owns a home or who has knowledge of maintaining a home? .. just a conversation between 2 people that ended with 1 flabbergasted..no explanation, no breakdown, no research, no outside voice of reason, no further negotiations, just a flabbergasted person who decided to enjoy her rent increase

Apparently because the 800.00 amount is reasonable on it's face so I don't see why she would still be flabbergasted if a breakdown had been provided. The scenario reads as though it is still unresolved, the breakdown should have been the end of it. I think it's the specification of rent that is part of the issue as well.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Apparently because the 800.00 amount is reasonable on it's face so I don't see why she would still be flabbergasted if a breakdown had been provided. The scenario reads as though it is still unresolved, the breakdown should have been the end of it. I think it's the specification of rent that is part of the issue as well.
Being stuck on a misuse word instead of looking at the bigger picture is extremely petty... if somebody dropped the best investment advice in the world to you or the best health advice in the world that could change your life for the better but they misused 1 word are you gonna be stuck on the word and forget about the life changing info or are you gonna shake the 1 word off and take in all that knowledge and change your life for the better?.. being petty would be an extreme turnoff and make me look at you funny cause you will deny greatness cause of something extremely small

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Being stuck on a misuse word instead of looking at the bigger picture is extremely petty... if somebody dropped the best investment advice in the world to you or the best health advice in the world that could change your life for the better but they misused 1 word are you gonna be stuck on the word and forget about the life changing info or are you gonna shake the 1 word off and take in all that knowledge and change your life for the better?.. being petty would be an extreme turnoff and make me look at you funny cause you will deny greatness cause of something extremely small

Perhaps, but words matter and have meaning. We don 't know what was said or clarified or if it was even resolved. What *I* would do is not the point. I've already said I wouldn't want to move in, and it's not out of spite or even haggling over the word "rent". I value my privacy and generally prefer a day or two to myself. So unless we were definitely on the path to marriage, it wouldn't be all that appealing.

If I needed to save the money, 800 is more than reasonable, but if I'm paying "rent" and not simply sharing household expenses as one does in a normal non combative relationship, then we need a rental agreement. So draw up that pre-prenup so we can both protect our interests.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He shouldn't have even broached living together if he expected her to pay.

she would have been fine and so would he with the situation as is

now if SHE offered it up? That is different.

when they READY if that day comes which apparently it WAS?

Just get married get a pre nup and go on with your lives.

Assisting with the bills and taxes shouldn't be an afterthought. He shouldn't have had to ask, and if she's upset about a $1200 savings, I'd say she's a bit of a user. To be fair, I'd say the same about a guy that was doing the same thing.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
So this discussion just popped up on my facebook feed. Comments:

Multiple posters for this, not just two.
I think that’s a very reasonable proposal he presented. They are not married and while trying to help her he is trying to further his goals. If the relationship ends, they both are further in their goals. If the relationship flourishes, then they start making goals together and the proposed plan will change to support their goals as a couple on their way to marriage. Which after marriage, she should still be helping with bills if they are really in this together.
-all of this!!!
1f4af.png
1f4af.png
1f4af.png
I am in a similar situation although because he lives in another city I opted to rent out my place to pay the mortgage (I didn’t rent I owned but I still have a mortgage) and I pay rent to him which is less than what I was paying but gives us both the ability to save since we aren’t married. What is the issue really???
-- people think men are supposed to be providers. Naturally they are, but we don’t know how long they’ve been in the relationship, it just says a while, and we don’t know how much his property tax is, repairs that need to be done, and if she wants to move there and eventually become his wife, why is this difficult to help with your potential future home? If they break up, you still saved way more money than at the old place.
‍♀️
I don’t see the problem. I shared expenses with my spouse.
---
the issue is I don’t sleep with my roommate! I can see splitting bills but why would I pay my man rent money when he has no mortgage? So he’s gonna stack his coins off of his woman?
----he still has to pay property tax and keep the house up. We don’t know what all needs to be done. And even if that man is stacking the $800, she’s still saving from not being in her old place. She can stack too.
-----
she can help with property taxes and repairs but to charge a rental amount and we are sleeping in the same bed
1f914.png
1f914.png
1f914.png
that’s a no for me. What happens when he gets pissed and puts her out? She loses and has no recourse while his bank account is stacked
------she would be saving nearly $2000 a month and he would be saving only half on the utilities.....he probably averaged it out so they could save the same each month (that’s what me and my man did) which I still don’t see the problem....win or lose every one wins!
1f911.png
1f609.png

-------so maybe he said rent, but if that’s what it’s going towards what’s the issue? No one in or out of a relationship can just put someone out, there is a legal process and at that point, with all the money she’s saving from not living in the high rise at $2 k a month, she will be able to find something. I assume she’s good with money if she can afford that much a month lol. It’s sad we’re all in the mindset of them breaking up, but here’s the thing, the post says they think this is the logical next step for their relationship, so they weren’t thinking of breaking up, until this impass came. I’m all for being prepared for anything, but she can do this with him, keep up her savings, and like I said earlier, if they break up, she’s further in her goals and has something to fall back on, if they work, she helped take care of this home, and if they get married, maybe he puts her name on the deed. They’re are so many outcomes, and we’re only thinking about the one with them breaking up. It puts a limit on some many relationships and that ain’t right.
--------
legal process or not! I’m not sleeping with someone who expects me to pay him rent on a paid off house! Let’s create a lease and I become your roommate and we can both save that way. But hey that’s why I’m not living with anyone that I’m not married to but that’s just me
‍♀️
‍♀️

--------- He would be living free and saving at the same time...yes she would be saving money as well... to me she would be the man of the house with no security.
---------
-Now, you can’t live anywhere for free but to pay rent to your boyfriend when there is no mortgage I think it’s crazy... for all that she can downsize and save money.
-----------and she would be paying considerably less and saving as well....this way they are working together to both improve and that could do nothing but improve their relationship but if you have a single mindset then downsize and keep everything status quo.....it said they were progressing in their relationship so either progress or separate....
‍♀️

Pay it. She's saving a lot of money. Her rent was increasing to 2k alone. That doesn't include utilities.
- I totally agree. If she was to live in her high rise she would be paying double + some. That request is not unreasonable. She is not his wife they are living together.

She still saves and be with a man she loves and moving forward. I think she just lost a good man. You can't live anywhere free.
-but does he love her?
--maybe, idk. I would offer to pay even if he didn't ask but to each its own.
---what does love have to do with it? I see nothing wrong with what he is asking. She has to pay someone rent either way. If she moves in rent free, and they get married and buy a new home, would she also balk at splitting the mortgage and expenses?

Also more than two people:
If a man im DATING expects me to pay rent for HIS home that is paid off in addition to splitting bill, then I'll simply stay in my own space. If he was still paying a mortgage, different story. That's essentially paying him. I don't have a problem with splitting bills, I have a problem with my man, making a profit off of me.
- he is not her man and she is not his woman. I hope she realizes that now.
--that's my point. Don't hustle me like I'm somebody you just met in these streets. Like we not sleeping together.
---First line said they are dating
----I mean reverse the roles. If you were the owner of the house , will you let him live for FREE?. Remember you are not MARRIED.
----- agreed!
------
not saying anything about staying for free But paying $800 and half utilities is BS!!!
------- married people cheat, so what does dating or in a relationship actually mean? I don't think they've had that discussion. They are obviously not on the same page.
--------If that's my man, yes. House is paid for, so there's no need. There are plenty other bills he can pay for...like my car note
1f923.png
1f923.png
. If he OFFERS, I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't charge him for it. If I sense that he wants to move in because has a hidden agenda to come up off me, I wouldn't even offer my home as an option. At the end of the day, he would save quicker to put that ring on my finger...which would be my preference and obviously the end goal.

She needs to pay. I would never (clutching my pearls) not offer something when I’m about to save some $. And I have too much pride to just take from someone I’m not married to. Pay up sis or better yet, get your own spot. That way- you don’t
get kicked out later. Lol

Y'all wild to think bc his mortgage is paid off that he shouldn't charge her rent. She's saying @least $1200 on rent alone. I don't know what her utilities are or what his are, but unless his egregious this is an acceptable/sensible proposal. This is why you don't tell ppl what position you're in.

There is also misunderstanding there about whether it is 800 total or 800+ expenses.

We are not married. We are dating, we are helping each other out by sharing the bills. There is nothing wrong in his proposal.
-except not only is he getting help with the bills he is also coming up off $800 from his girlfriend not his roommate whom is not gonna allow her to just do and bring whoever in his house but wants to treat like a tenant.
---But she is also saving $1000 each month. He won't be able to bring whoever he wants either out of respect. At the end the day they are still dating. And if he ever says the famous line "this is my house," that's her clue to break up the relationship and move out.

First her name isn't on the house so he will always have to pay taxes whether she's there or not in my opinion she should only contribute to utilities and subscribed entertainment bills.
-Exactly!!!! Is he going to pay her to clean up behind him. He he going to pay her to prepare his meals? What about coochie calls? All that costs money in the real world!!! Call Mollie Maid Service and look at that bill. Call a in home Chef that will go to the store and bring home to prepare in your kitchen. Oh he would pay royally. Not to mention the booty call stays in your bed? Oh hell no.

The majority of the women see no issue with it, yet BGOL would have y'all believe all the women want to do is take advantage of the man. There are almost 800 comments on this post and it says it was posted 3 hours ago...

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So this discussion just popped up on my facebook feed. Comments:

Multiple posters for this, not just two.
I think that’s a very reasonable proposal he presented. They are not married and while trying to help her he is trying to further his goals. If the relationship ends, they both are further in their goals. If the relationship flourishes, then they start making goals together and the proposed plan will change to support their goals as a couple on their way to marriage. Which after marriage, she should still be helping with bills if they are really in this together.
-all of this!!!
1f4af.png
1f4af.png
1f4af.png
I am in a similar situation although because he lives in another city I opted to rent out my place to pay the mortgage (I didn’t rent I owned but I still have a mortgage) and I pay rent to him which is less than what I was paying but gives us both the ability to save since we aren’t married. What is the issue really???
-- people think men are supposed to be providers. Naturally they are, but we don’t know how long they’ve been in the relationship, it just says a while, and we don’t know how much his property tax is, repairs that need to be done, and if she wants to move there and eventually become his wife, why is this difficult to help with your potential future home? If they break up, you still saved way more money than at the old place.
‍♀️
I don’t see the problem. I shared expenses with my spouse.
---
the issue is I don’t sleep with my roommate! I can see splitting bills but why would I pay my man rent money when he has no mortgage? So he’s gonna stack his coins off of his woman?
----he still has to pay property tax and keep the house up. We don’t know what all needs to be done. And even if that man is stacking the $800, she’s still saving from not being in her old place. She can stack too.
-----
she can help with property taxes and repairs but to charge a rental amount and we are sleeping in the same bed
1f914.png
1f914.png
1f914.png
that’s a no for me. What happens when he gets pissed and puts her out? She loses and has no recourse while his bank account is stacked
------she would be saving nearly $2000 a month and he would be saving only half on the utilities.....he probably averaged it out so they could save the same each month (that’s what me and my man did) which I still don’t see the problem....win or lose every one wins!
1f911.png
1f609.png

-------so maybe he said rent, but if that’s what it’s going towards what’s the issue? No one in or out of a relationship can just put someone out, there is a legal process and at that point, with all the money she’s saving from not living in the high rise at $2 k a month, she will be able to find something. I assume she’s good with money if she can afford that much a month lol. It’s sad we’re all in the mindset of them breaking up, but here’s the thing, the post says they think this is the logical next step for their relationship, so they weren’t thinking of breaking up, until this impass came. I’m all for being prepared for anything, but she can do this with him, keep up her savings, and like I said earlier, if they break up, she’s further in her goals and has something to fall back on, if they work, she helped take care of this home, and if they get married, maybe he puts her name on the deed. They’re are so many outcomes, and we’re only thinking about the one with them breaking up. It puts a limit on some many relationships and that ain’t right.
--------
legal process or not! I’m not sleeping with someone who expects me to pay him rent on a paid off house! Let’s create a lease and I become your roommate and we can both save that way. But hey that’s why I’m not living with anyone that I’m not married to but that’s just me
‍♀️
‍♀️

--------- He would be living free and saving at the same time...yes she would be saving money as well... to me she would be the man of the house with no security.
---------
-Now, you can’t live anywhere for free but to pay rent to your boyfriend when there is no mortgage I think it’s crazy... for all that she can downsize and save money.
-----------and she would be paying considerably less and saving as well....this way they are working together to both improve and that could do nothing but improve their relationship but if you have a single mindset then downsize and keep everything status quo.....it said they were progressing in their relationship so either progress or separate....
‍♀️

Pay it. She's saving a lot of money. Her rent was increasing to 2k alone. That doesn't include utilities.
- I totally agree. If she was to live in her high rise she would be paying double + some. That request is not unreasonable. She is not his wife they are living together.

She still saves and be with a man she loves and moving forward. I think she just lost a good man. You can't live anywhere free.
-but does he love her?
--maybe, idk. I would offer to pay even if he didn't ask but to each its own.
---what does love have to do with it? I see nothing wrong with what he is asking. She has to pay someone rent either way. If she moves in rent free, and they get married and buy a new home, would she also balk at splitting the mortgage and expenses?

Also more than two people:
If a man im DATING expects me to pay rent for HIS home that is paid off in addition to splitting bill, then I'll simply stay in my own space. If he was still paying a mortgage, different story. That's essentially paying him. I don't have a problem with splitting bills, I have a problem with my man, making a profit off of me.
- he is not her man and she is not his woman. I hope she realizes that now.
--that's my point. Don't hustle me like I'm somebody you just met in these streets. Like we not sleeping together.
---First line said they are dating
----I mean reverse the roles. If you were the owner of the house , will you let him live for FREE?. Remember you are not MARRIED.
----- agreed!
------
not saying anything about staying for free But paying $800 and half utilities is BS!!!
------- married people cheat, so what does dating or in a relationship actually mean? I don't think they've had that discussion. They are obviously not on the same page.
--------If that's my man, yes. House is paid for, so there's no need. There are plenty other bills he can pay for...like my car note
1f923.png
1f923.png
. If he OFFERS, I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't charge him for it. If I sense that he wants to move in because has a hidden agenda to come up off me, I wouldn't even offer my home as an option. At the end of the day, he would save quicker to put that ring on my finger...which would be my preference and obviously the end goal.

She needs to pay. I would never (clutching my pearls) not offer something when I’m about to save some $. And I have too much pride to just take from someone I’m not married to. Pay up sis or better yet, get your own spot. That way- you don’t
get kicked out later. Lol

Y'all wild to think bc his mortgage is paid off that he shouldn't charge her rent. She's saying @least $1200 on rent alone. I don't know what her utilities are or what his are, but unless his egregious this is an acceptable/sensible proposal. This is why you don't tell ppl what position you're in.

There is also misunderstanding there about whether it is 800 total or 800+ expenses.

We are not married. We are dating, we are helping each other out by sharing the bills. There is nothing wrong in his proposal.
-except not only is he getting help with the bills he is also coming up off $800 from his girlfriend not his roommate whom is not gonna allow her to just do and bring whoever in his house but wants to treat like a tenant.
---But she is also saving $1000 each month. He won't be able to bring whoever he wants either out of respect. At the end the day they are still dating. And if he ever says the famous line "this is my house," that's her clue to break up the relationship and move out.

First her name isn't on the house so he will always have to pay taxes whether she's there or not in my opinion she should only contribute to utilities and subscribed entertainment bills.
-Exactly!!!! Is he going to pay her to clean up behind him. He he going to pay her to prepare his meals? What about coochie calls? All that costs money in the real world!!! Call Mollie Maid Service and look at that bill. Call a in home Chef that will go to the store and bring home to prepare in your kitchen. Oh he would pay royally. Not to mention the booty call stays in your bed? Oh hell no.

The majority of the women see no issue with it, yet BGOL would have y'all believe all the women want to do is take advantage of the man. There are almost 800 comments on this post and it says it was posted 3 hours ago...
Nope bgol didn’t say all women are taking advantage of men we said this particular incident the female is bugging.. 1 person dosent represent the whole.. there are females that abuse and kill their kids..does that mean all women do? Nope it just means those particular females are crazy.. this isn’t a battle of the sexes.. see how 1 small incident people want to push a war between the 2 sexes..nah it’s not that big stop over exaggerating the issue.. that’s why I said earlier you trying to defend a person that just might not be logical and difficult..you want it to be a sisterhood when in reality this could be 1 stubborn individual period.. like I also said nobody discuss the race of these individuals.. I bet if you found out this chick was white your defense for her logic would literally lessen cause you would think she’s just another entitled cac.. you want this chick to be a misunderstood black woman who was misinformed about the subject and stipulations, when in fact she might just be a self absorbed cac that think men suppose to save her.. if these two people were cacs, Asian, Indian I guarantee some of the black women reading this stance would change on this subject

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Nope bgol didn’t say all women are taking advantage of men we said this particular incident the female is bugging.. 1 person dosent represent the whole.. there are females that abuse and kill their kids..does that mean all women do? Nope it just means those particular females are crazy.. this isn’t a battle of the sexes.. see how 1 small incident people want to push a war between the 2 sexes..nah it’s not that big stop over exaggerating the issue.. that’s why I said earlier you trying to defend a person that just might not be logical and difficult..you want it to be a sisterhood when in reality this could be 1 stubborn individual period.. like I also said nobody discuss the race of these individuals.. I bet if you found out this chick was white your defense for her logic would literally lessen cause you would think she’s just another entitled cac.. you want this chick to be a misunderstood black woman who was misinformed about the subject and stipulations, when in fact she might just be a self absorbed cac that think men suppose to save her.. if these two people were cacs, Asian, Indian I guarantee some of the black women reading this stance would change on this subject

There are several generalizations about black women in this thread. BGOL likes to fall back on, "well, we aren't talking about EVERY black woman, if it doesn't apply to you then why are you complaining" but don't take that same advice for yourselves when generalizations are made about men for brevity.

Regardless, it may be possible that the woman is white, or of another race, or entitled, though I have seen time after time over the years here on BGOL, all these conditions for black women suddenly go out the window when dealing with women of another race, so if the man in question is black, I doubt it. Also, (pro tip: another generalization) I doubt the man is white because, IME, the majority of them are raised expecting to fund all the living expenses and would most likely not have mentioned rent. What one person sees as simping, another sees as adult responsibility.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There are several generalizations about black women in this thread. BGOL likes to fall back on, "well, we aren't talking about EVERY black woman, if it doesn't apply to you then why are you complaining" but don't take that same advice for yourselves when generalizations are made about men for brevity.

Regardless, it may be possible that the woman is white, or of another race, or entitled, though I have seen time after time over the years here on BGOL, all these conditions for black women suddenly go out the window when dealing with women of another race, so if the man in question is black, I doubt it. Also, (pro tip: another generalization) I doubt the man is white because, IME, the majority of them are raised expecting to fund all the living expenses and would most likely not have mentioned rent. What one person sees as simping, another sees as adult responsibility.
Not all cacs are built the same and some will test their females out to see if they are worth it.. this is a Facebook post.. a system developed for cacs always expect most stories to be from a white perspective.. lot of stories and things weren’t created or meant for us in mind so this story could be just some cac telling his point of view.. that flabbergasted thing seems like a white response, a free ride, 2000 rent downtown the clues are pointing more to pale skins

every bgol member ain’t the same so don’t compare every single dude with 1 another.. notice there be wars and multiple page threads on differences of opinion on certain subjects, especially when it comes to the topic of women, especially black women.. if you notice some of us point out the weirdo I hate women club nigs.. or the cac worshippers