Discussion: ESPN The Last Dance 10-Part Michael Jordan Documentary Series UPDATE: Early release due to coronavirus!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
my only worry is that they apparently RUSHED this out way ahead of schedule.

I would have rather waited for the finished polished final product

but also understand ESPN NEEDED this content...

cause this tide will raise ALL he other boats.

they need to STOP acting like this is some ACT of CHARITY.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I believe it was already finished because they wanted to around or after the NBA finals..before the start of free agency...since the season has been cancelled they can move it up

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I believe it was already finished because they wanted to around or after the NBA finals..before the start of free agency...since the season has been cancelled they can move it up

so far all the interviews I heard today from Bomani to Reali to Adande has said it was NOT finished yet but the company had to push it.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Being as though I am from that area and I watched basketball religiously. I am not all that excited about this series. I guess it will be nice fill in the blanks about who was doing what and who was mad at each other, but I kind of don’t care anymore. It will be nice to see highlights of 90’s basketball, but that’s it. Also, what does Justin Timberlake have to do with anything related to His Greatness. I bet y’all don’t remember that Michael Jordan is a Que, which I am sure that’s what all the barking in the video is for.

Im with you; same situation; watched damn near everygame on WGN or SportsChannel (showing age lol) and saw every interview and documentary done by the local greats of sports; Jim Rose from Channel 7; Mark Giangreco from Channel 5; I’ll still watch because I’m a Mike fan.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Im with you; same situation; watched damn near everygame on WGN or SportsChannel (showing age lol) and saw every interview and documentary done by the local greats of sports; Jim Rose from Channel 7; Mark Giangreco from Channel 5; I’ll still watch because I’m a Mike fan.
It’s funny. Here in DC we use to get WGN and so we were able to watch every home game. So when my Bullets weren’t playing I would watch the Bulls. Dang, sometimes it feels like yesterday...back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Those were the days.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That shit was finished the original intent was to drop this in June in the Event Bron wins another Championship and further distant himself from MJ for title of G.O.A.T. They know Lebron is a threat to the basketball savior and cash cow. How ever without any games and lack of new content networks are competing with all of these different streams of in-home entertainment they have to push this up to make up for the lack of playoff basketball .

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That shit was finished the original intent was to drop this in June in the Event Bron wins another Championship and further distant himself from MJ for title of G.O.A.T. They know Lebron is a threat to the basketball savior and cash cow. How ever without any games and lack of new content networks are competing with all of these different streams of in-home entertainment they have to push this up to make up for the lack of playoff basketball .
I already posted yrs ago a side by side comparison of how many games Jordan played with the same exact amount when LeBron reached exact games played.. Jordan had close to 700 more steals more than 50 blocks more than 2,500 points.. Let's not talk about more mvps, more defensive titles, more scoring titles, more rings, more finals mvps... LeBron wasn't even on the same level when I showed the numbers... Fuck opinions, hardcore numbers and facts showed them nigs weren't even close to each other.. And obviously mj was better.. All LeBron stats are literally padded cause he literally has played more games than mj... I'm talking over a season worth of amount of games... When you put games played side by side bron sat in the kids chair while mj ate the biggest piece of chicken... Stop comparing the 2... Jordan was better.. But that doesn't take away from LeBron being a great player.. When it's said and done he will be top 3 sf to play the game

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The whole Lebron has played more games argument is weak. Jordan played 15 years and quit twice before finally retiring. Who was a better overall player is clearly Lebron. Jordan was a great scorer and defender ala Kobe Bryant. You can't penalize Lebron for being able to jump straight from High School and to the League at 18 play 17 straight season at a high level and miss the playoffs twice. Once in his rookie year on a terrible Cleveland team and again last year injury plagued year with the Lakers.
Jordan was a great player but also a fraud. I guess we dont count the wizard years or the Doug Collins years in Chicago. Jordan career lives in this Bubble created by Gatorade,McDonald's and Nike from 1990-1998. With a couple of highlights from a couple of games in 88 and 89. Mike has never won a thing without Scottie or Phil Jackson.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The whole Lebron has played more games argument is weak. Jordan played 15 years and quit twice before finally retiring. Who was a better overall player is clearly Lebron. Jordan was a great scorer and defender ala Kobe Bryant. You can penalize Lebron for being able to jump straight from High School and to the League at 18 play 17 straight season and miss the playoffs twice. Once in his rookie year on a terrible Cleveland team and again last year injury plagued year with the Lakers.
Jordan was a great player but also a fraud. I guess we dont count the wizard years or the Doug Collins years in Chicago. Jordan career lives in this Bubble created by Gatorade,McDonald's and Nike from 1990-1998. With a couple of highlights from a couple of games in 88 and 89. Mike has never won a thing without Scottie or Phil Jackson.
He won a ncaa championship, rookie of the yr, various mvps, scoring titles all b4 1990.. So what the hell are you talking about?

LeBron didn't even make it to the playoffs his rookie yr.. He didn't win a ring until his 3rd attempt with a hall of fame shooting guard name wade..than he won another with another hall of famer named ray allen.. Please let's not compare legacies... As far as the wizards Jordan average 20+ points in his late 30s/early 40s.. His team was 4th in the east after 62 games and than he injured himself for the last 20 games and his team imploded and lost 17 out of the last 20 games cause he was injured...please know history and facts b4 you come in here to argue..Lakers didn't do s hit last yr than LeBron got bailed out and the best center in the nba came to help his team improved.. LeBron legacy is full of bailouts

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He won a ncaa championship, rookie of the yr, various mvps, scoring titles all b4 1990.. So what the hell are you talking about?

LeBron didn't even make it to the playoffs his rookie yr.. He didn't win a ring until his 3rd attempt with a hall of fame shooting guard name wade..than he won another with another hall of famer named ray allen.. Please let's not compare legacies... As far as the wizards Jordan average 20+ points in his late 30s/early 40s.. His team was 4th in the east after 62 games and than he injured himself for the last 20 games and his team imploded and lost 17 out of tohe last 20 games cause he was injured...please know history and facts b4 you come in here to argue..Lakers didn't do s hit last yr than LeBron got bailed out and the best center in the nba came to help his team improved.. LeBron legacy is full of bailouts
You are making my point whenever we talk about Michael it’s as if he achieved success by himself. As I stated what has Jordan won without a hall of fame coach and other hall of fame players alongside. Whenever it comes to Lebron he had help he couldn’t do it on his own. You are really going to compare what Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant Ron Harper or Dennis Rodman Scottie Pippen Toni Kukoc years and say Jordan did not have more help than Lebron not to mention a Hall of fame coach that proved he could win without Jordan. I have yet to see Mike Brown Erik Spoelstra or Tyronn Lue have any success with Lebron.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How to Watch and Stream the New 30 for 30–ish Michael Jordan Docuseries The Last Dance
By Rebecca Alter
Not a still from Space Jam. Photo: Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images
Remember the ’90s? Remember sports? ESPN does. On April 19, the network will begin airing its highly anticipated ten-part documentary event, The Last Dance, which chronicles Michael Jordan’s leadership of the Chicago Bulls through the 1997–98 NBA season. At the start of that season, head coach Phil Jackson gave a documentary crew unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to the team, and The Last Dance interweaves that footage with profiles of players like Jordan, Dennis Rodman, and Scottie Pippen, and present-day interviews. ESPN is not putting The Last Dance under the 30 for 30 banner, but considering the scale and depth of this project, it might as well have. The trailer teases sitdowns with figures like Barack Obama, Justin Timberlake, and Kobe Bryant. Here’s how to watch and stream the five-week television event.
On Sunday nights beginning April 19, ESPN will air new episodes of The Last Dance back-to-back at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. ET (that’s 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. Central, for Chicago-based Bulls fans). For viewers with cable, it’s as easy as setting your DVR or tuning into ESPN. For cord-cutters, there are still plenty of ways to keep up with the series. Immediately after episodes air, they’ll be made available on the ESPN app with a subscription, or ESPN.com with a cable log-in. You can also always livestream ESPN with services like Hulu + Live TV or YouTube TV. The Last Dance airs over five weeks, so a free trial won’t allow you to watch the entire series.
Oh, and good news for readers outside the U.S.: New episodes of The Last Dance will premiere on Netflix internationally on Mondays after they air on ESPN, at 12:01 a.m. PT.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this was always going to be the release date. It was never rushed or “moved up”

all about worship of the BULL god on the day of Ba’al.

The difference between low level thinking and understanding what is really happening behind the scenes.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The difference between low level thinking and understanding what is really happening behind the scenes.

You’re wrong, original release date was scheduled for June 2020.

And before you reply, don’t. No one wants to hear it, the series wasn’t originally scheduled air on 4/19/2020.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28974799/michael-jordan-series-espn-moved-april

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
my second comment debunked everything you stated so you are right there, no need to go back and forth with the profane.

There’s only a few more things more dangerous thn a smart dumb nigga. :smh:

He knows more than MJ and ESPN because he’s a

giphy.gif
5e9b91fd7ac34314275557.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...ichael-jordan-documentary-last-dance-n1173091

https://deadline.com/2020/03/espn-n...cago-bulls-documentary-april-june-1202896426/

Discussions with fools at some point it’ll rub off, so enjoy your night. I’ll no longer be able to continue.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Please elaborate, I have no ideal what any of that means but would like to know