Did all of you Samsung Galaxy users Install the new Android Pie Update yet? I love it so far...

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
night mode is not pervasive across all apps like windows
Nothing that I know of will do that. In each app, you'd have to see if there's a setting to do that, like a browser may have a setting to mirror image or night setting. But as long as I've been on Android, and used to root my phones, I've always preferred dark settings because it saves battery. But I've never come across anything that will smoothly make your whole phone "dark".

You need to get on XDA and look around. Might be something but none I'm aware of.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Nothing that I know of will do that. In each app, you'd have to see if there's a setting to do that, like a browser may have a setting to mirror image or night setting. But as long as I've been on Android, and used to root my phones, I've always preferred dark settings because it saves battery. But I've never come across anything that will smoothly make your whole phone "dark".

You need to get on XDA and look around. Might be something but none I'm aware of.
It's something that has to implemented at the os level. hopefully one day.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Finally got my update Monday morning, and it's taking some adjusting, but my question is where is the audio recorder? There use to be one as a stock app.

If I'm doing it as an attachment within a message it pops up but not as a stand alone app and I don't want to download a new one if I don't have to.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Finally got my update Monday morning, and it's taking some adjusting, but my question is where is the audio recorder? There use to be one as a stock app.

If I'm doing it as an attachment within a message it pops up but not as a stand alone app and I don't want to download a new one if I don't have to.

Here's some info

https://beebom.com/workarounds-android-pie-call-recording-limitation/

Apparently, the stock app to record phone calls has been removed due to legal issues...:dunno:
I'm not sure if it's the stock app but the audio recorder on my Note 8 is unchanged.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Any of y'all seeing significant battery drain issues since getting the update? My battery life has definitely dropped on my S9+

Note 8. Strangely enough, my battery life in standby has increased. Some apps seem to be more draining and some not as draining. It's weird.

One thing that's a real problem is downloading from the Playstore. And I'm not the only one with the problem.

Google is usually good at bug fixes so I guess we'll just have to wait.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Any of y'all seeing significant battery drain issues since getting the update? My battery life has definitely dropped on my S9+

Yes, the battery life went to absolute shit after the update (S9+). :smh:

My phone was getting hot while just playing music. Not sure what carrier y'all have, but I find it highly suspicious that right when a new shiny S10+ is released, I magically get an "update" that kills my battery life and fucks up all of my apps. AT&T and/or Samsung know exactly what they are doing.

I rolled back to Oreo and have zero issues now. :dance2:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Yes, the battery life went to absolute shit after the update (S9+). :smh:

My phone was getting hot while just playing music. Not sure what carrier y'all have, but I find it highly suspicious that right when a new shiny S10+ is released, I magically get an "update" that kills my battery life and fucks up all of my apps. AT&T and/or Samsung know exactly what they are doing.

I rolled back to Oreo and have zero issues now. :dance2:
I have T-Mobile and not only did my battery life go to shit but my hacked Pandora app stopped working properly where it now dies within 30 seconds after the phone goes to sleep

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Just a heads up when you get a new software update like this, takes a few reboots for the phone to "settle in" and get adjusted to your usage and learn the hardware. I'd do a reboot each day after the update for 3-4 days. After that generally reboot once a week with the auto reboot setting.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Got it on my note 8. Having issues with international roaming and GPS. I'll check again when I'm on the shore