Did all of you Samsung Galaxy users Install the new Android Pie Update yet? I love it so far...

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
58%

10% in the hour with little use
81% moderate to slightly heavy use since 10am

giphy.gif

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I was using windows. Google and Apple are playing us. No phone should cost over a grand. Ninjas are bragging on their phones like they got stock in the companies. I bought my GN9 for 635 and I am disgusted.
Feel ya. That's too much and I would never pay full price for a phone again. I usually go about 2 or 3 tears between phones. And I don't pay a monthly phone bill so I'm saving something.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Feel ya. That's too much and I would never pay full price for a phone again. I usually go about 2 or 3 tears between phones. And I don't pay a monthly phone bill so I'm saving something.
That's the route to go. In the next few years phones will be over 2k.

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dumb question, but after you booted for the first time after the update have you rebooted again?

Also look at your battery usage and is there anything using the battery in the background?

Yes ice rebooted several times had the update for a while now

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
The keyboard is draining. A lot of juice.

Its frustrating tbh
So stop using the keyboard. Can't you see that's the drain on your system? It's running a process in the background for 6 hrs.

I use SwiftKey, way better than the default IMO.

Also hit Device Clean and wipe out crap that can be running.

Also I use Brave browser, not the default Samsung Browser. Or Chrome as well.

Just some suggestions but nothing should be running background processes but Android OS

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So stop using the keyboard. Can't you see that's the drain on your system? It's running a process in the background for 6 hrs.

I use SwiftKey, way better than the default IMO.

Also hit Device Clean and wipe out crap that can be running.

Also I use Brave browser, not the default Samsung Browser. Or Chrome as well.

Just some suggestions but nothing should be running background processes but Android OS
Imagine this post in an apple thread lol

Niggas would lose their minds

Down to 25%

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just got back from Bestbuy
Was just doing some window shopping
Quick questiom fellas...
Is it just me, or is the new Galaxy S10 a cheaper quality phone, than the S9 & Note 9 ???

The S9 & Note 9 have that metal frame that goes all around middle/edges of the phone
And it has a nice weight to it, like a premium phone
But the new S10 feels light as hell, and seems like they're using all plastic between the glass

Or am I just trippin ???
:confused::confused::confused:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Quick questiom fellas...
Is it just me, or is the new Galaxy S10 a cheaper quality phone, than the S9 & Note 9 ???

The S9 & Note 9 have that metal frame that goes all around middle/edges of the phone
But the new S10 feels light as hell, and seems like they're using all plastic between the glass

Or am I just trippin ???

I believe Flossy Carter mentioned that it felt a little too light for his taste, I'm not sure what's different though in terms of materials.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Damn
I was like wait is this the same pie I had since August of 18?

Then I saw Samsung users carry on
Not trying to talk shit either just was laughing at myself for tripping over if I had it or not

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered

I have the Note 9 also.

I also had the same feature when I

first got my note 9. I had to do the small

swipe up and that would show the back

and home buttons.

On this version, I selected to have NO

buttons. I just swipe up on EACH place

(left, middle or right) and it will carry out

the command but there are no visible icons

or buttons.

It's a cool ass feature. :cool:

Okay I see what you meant w the hidden task bar. Didn’t like it at first but once I hit nightmode it was all good.

So far that swiping area is the feature that I like most except I have samsungpay and it pops up on swipes sometimes.

Anyone w pay who found a work around let me know.

I’m running ads launcher so it hasn’t changed my UI too much although some annoying orientation needs looking into.

Overall for such a large update I think it’s pretty solid. No complaints.... I actually like it.

Carry on......

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Okay I see what you meant w the hidden task bar. Didn’t like it at first but once I hit nightmode it was all good.

So far that swiping area is the feature that I like most except I have samsungpay and it pops up on swipes sometimes.

Anyone w pay who found a work around let me know.

I’m running ads launcher so it hasn’t changed my UI too much although some annoying orientation needs looking into.

Overall for such a large update I think it’s pretty solid. No complaints.... I actually like it.

Carry on......

My Samsung Pay looks a little different

but seems to be working normally.

I have no icons or buttons for the back,

home and apps so far.

Gonna see how it goes as I use it.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
All you people who use android and google products, is privacy an issue for you. If it is what steps have you taken to protect your privacy?

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
All you people who use android and google products, is privacy an issue for you. If it is what steps have you taken to protect your privacy?
I disabled or uninstalled all things Google except samsung apps and play store. With launcher 10 my phone has all of the benefits of windows phone and android. The only things missing now are dark theme, a better keyboard, and a server management app.

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have the note 9 and honestly the privacy thing doesnt bother me. I don't do shit on my phone worth being worried about. Plus when android is smart enough to learn where I live, work and knows what route I can take to work and when my alarm goes off in the morning it knows to show me theres an accident on my normal route and suggests another? Shiet, it's a benefit for me.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I was using windows. Google and Apple are playing us. No phone should cost over a grand. Ninjas are bragging on their phones like they got stock in the companies. I bought my GN9 for 635 and I am disgusted.

Milk shouldn't cost $3.99 in the store what's your point?

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Damn
I was like wait is this the same pie I had since August of 18?

Then I saw Samsung users carry on
Not trying to talk shit either just was laughing at myself for tripping over if I had it or not
Yeah but my Note 10 has way more features than my pixel 3XL and plus the screen is a million times better

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I've seen the fappening with Icloud but nothing with Google Drive.
The fappening happened to both icoud and gmail, and the systems werent actually hacked, they were phishing hacked.

Meaning a lot of the victims were sent a fake email that looked like it was from apple and google, the victim would then click the link and enter their username and passwords to a fake site that looks like the real thing. Unfortunately most of these people did not have two factor authentication enabled which could have prevented this.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I disabled or uninstalled all things Google except samsung apps and play store. With launcher 10 my phone has all of the benefits of windows phone and android. The only things missing now are dark theme, a better keyboard, and a server management app.

Google is getting sued currently for creating shadow accounts. So even if you dont use google products they create a shadow account on you based off your device. They probably aren't doing anything nefarious but it is still creepy.

dadamaja

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quick questiom fellas...

Or am I just trippin ???
you trippin its lighter but still premium no plastic on my joint