respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Oh no...Baba Dick Gregory.

This is not news I wanted to wake up to.

I did have the privilege of meeting him by happenstance and speaking with him during my second year of college when I was working retail. We spoke about his book, "N*gger" - which I had read in 7th grade (Dad had a copy). Got his autograph that day and I still have it.

I will miss his wise and pointed analyses on current events and on our Black people.

Rest, Brother.

Thank you for your wisdom, your humor and your unabashed LOVE for OUR PEOPLE.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Hate that I had to see this trending on Twtter.
Rest Up Brother Gregory!

A lot of Black Gods have passed over the last few years.
Seems to be constant reminders that time is surely passing/im getting older.

Live Life Yall!!

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Rest In Peace

Sweet_Love_Bitter_(1967).jpg

Don't know if you ever had a chance to meet or attend one of Gregory's seminars but I can tell you he opened my eyes and that was back in the 70s. Speaking on how America is the only country that lies about what its truly about. The misleading info we get from the government.

Back in the day he was a phenomenal speaker. He was an incredible spirit. Marched in the March on Washington, very active in the fight for civil rights, protested the Vietnam war went on a starvation diet, probably lost better than half his body weight. Became a vegan, created his own 100% natural diet program that actually worked and as far as I know he never went back to eating solid foods. The man had a remarkable life.

Last edited:

letsshoot

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another Black Icon gone to rest.... His Knowledge will be truly missed but memories will live on forever