Lil man is 7yr old and dealing with neighborhood trauma

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

7-Year-Old Black Boy Speaks Out After Being Robbed By Teens in His Neighborhood​

Thursday, April 2, 2026

Kamari Hardin


Nationwide — Kamari Hardin, a 7-year-old African American boy from Memphis, Tennessee, was robbed at gunpoint for $10 near a park while walking home with friends. Police arrested two teens in connection with the armed robbery. Kamari now fears going outside alone after the incident.

Memphis Police said officers responded just after 10 p.m. on March 18 to the 100 block of Vaal Avenue near Castex Street after Kamari’s mother reported the incident. The robbery happened near Riverview Community Park on Kansas Street, where Kamari had been with friends earlier that night.

Investigators said Kamari and other children were targeted while leaving the park area. One suspect tripped him to the ground, pointed a black handgun at him, and searched his pockets before taking two $5 bills. The teen then fled into an open field.

Police arrested a 16-year-old boy and charged him with aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm during a dangerous felony. A 14-year-old boy was also charged with robbery in connection with the same incident.

Kamari later described how the attack happened. “I heard one say don’t do it because he’ll get his mama. He still did it,” Kamari told WREG. “He pat them down first when he stole their money. He pinned me down. He put his knee on my legs, so I won’t move. He put the gun on my leg, and I was holding my pocket because I was trying to protect myself, when he pulled my hand off my pocket. He got into my pocket, and he stole my money.”

Kamari’s mother said the incident has affected how he moves around their neighborhood. She said, “He doesn’t even want to leave the porch. He’s scared to walk around the neighborhood because he doesn’t know if it’s going to happen to him again.”

Kamari also said the teens involved were familiar faces in the area. Some community members questioned why children were outside that late, but his mother said the community center is close to their home, and the kids were nearby when the incident happened.
 
It ain't the child's fault he got robbed. The bigger kids haven't been reared right, but that 7 year old should have his ass in the house before dark.
 
He was with friends.

Read.

PLEASE.
I did say 7-year-olds, plural. I'll be specific, children that age shouldn't be out unsupervised at that hour. Walking home near a park didn't prevent him and his friends from getting robbed, and probably wouldn't have prevented someone with something other than 10 bucks on their mind from grabbing him.
 
I did say 7-year-olds, plural. I'll be specific, children that age shouldn't be out unsupervised at that hour. Walking home near a park didn't prevent him and his friends from getting robbed, and probably wouldn't have prevented someone with something other than 10 bucks on their mind from grabbing him.
We don't know how old his friends are.

And...7 year olds walk home from school every school day all across the country.

Its very normal.
 
I'm not going to fault the parents for him being out that late.

There could be many normal circumstances such as a late family gathering that led them to park ect.

If it is dangerous for you to be out at 10PM in your neighborhood, then you need to move to new neighborhood.

Shit, where I stay, my son and I would be out bike riding well past 1200 AM.

The onus should be on the knuckleheads out robbing.

Damn, sometimes we have such low standards for our communities treating them as if they are open air prisons that should be locked down after a certain time.
 
His parents failed him having him in this world being in a shitty environment that's not safe.

Kid didn't ask to be here.
 
His parents failed him having him in this world being in a shitty environment that's not safe.
So if a young kid is out alone at 10 p.m. in an upscale neighborhood and gets hit by a drunk driver, does that mean the parents haven’t failed?
 
There could be many normal circumstances such as a late family gathering that led them to park ect.
Then he's not unsupervised, no problem.
If it is dangerous for you to be out at 10PM in your neighborhood, then you need to move to new neighborhood.
Just move, so simple. Why do we have dangerous neighborhoods at all?
Shit, where I stay, my son and I would be out bike riding well past 1200 AM.
With you riding along, your kid is not unsupervised. If your kid is under the age of twelve and is riding around your safe neighborhood at 12 am unsupervised and is struck by a car, should you be blamed?
 
So if a young kid is out alone at 10 p.m. in an upscale neighborhood and gets hit by a drunk driver, does that mean the parents haven’t failed?
Nah, I'm not gonna allow you to move the goalpost.

This is about a kid that got robbed in a shitty environment with hungry wolves.
 
From one sad story to one even sadder. We have failed the youth.


Parents has to take accountability for shit like this because when you set a bad example for your child and put him in dangerous neighborhoods is the results like these even though not ever kid succumb to following the wrong crowd having good parents to guide them but even that's a gamble since kids can still go the wrong path.
 
Nah, I'm not gonna allow you to move the goalpost.

This is about a kid that got robbed in a shitty environment with hungry wolves.
The goalpost is the danger that very young, unsupervised kids face at night. Again, I haven't really researched this topic, but I'm confident that the risk of kids under ten being robbed at gunpoint is very low. Very young kids are really not targeted for robbery because they make under minimum wage and generally don't have a lot of cash. Even in very nice neighborhoods, such as the one Tiger Woods lives in, accidents can happen.
 
The goalpost is the danger that very young, unsupervised kids face at night. Again, I haven't really researched this topic, but I'm confident that the risk of kids under ten being robbed at gunpoint is very low. Very young kids are really not targeted for robbery because they make under minimum wage and generally don't have a lot of cash. Even in very nice neighborhoods, such as the one Tiger Woods lives in, accidents can happen.
I don't know where you're from but it doesn't matter out here because even the dudes here in philly don't make a lot of money and have gotten killed for less. So, therefore a person that looks like them shouldn't have to live in fear in their own communities because broke bums want to rob somebody instead of getting a job. I'll say this that I'm always aware of my surroundings keeping my phone in my pocket with my burner on me to be ready for whatever and I don't care if they're young or not because they can get this hot lead.
 
Kids don't even play in the yard/street anymore...in house glued to game devices..

giphy.gif
 
@ 10 pm? I haven't done any research, but I'm confident that nowhere in the world are there unsupervised 7-year-olds walking home from school at 10 pm.
I'm from Memphis.

That community center keeps kids there after school til 9 or so. Those kids just needed to cross a field to get home. Everybody knows each other. They knew the kids who did it.

The assailants were warned not to do it from the other kids cause everybody knew his mom would press charges.

Anyway, please don't victim blame.
 
I'm from Memphis.

That community center keeps kids there after school til 9 or so. Those kids just needed to cross a field to get home. Everybody knows each other. They knew the kids who did it.

The assailants were warned not to do it from the other kids cause everybody knew his mom would press charges.

Anyway, please don't victim blame.
I'm going to say that if your seven-year-old child approached you at 8 PM asking if it was okay to go to the community center unsupervised, you would likely say no.
 

Parents has to take accountability for shit like this because when you set a bad example for your child and put him in dangerous neighborhoods is the results like these even though not ever kid succumb to following the wrong crowd having good parents to guide them but even that's a gamble since kids can still go the wrong path.
Fedex delivers to good and bad neighborhoods. Are the parents at fault for ordering something that needed to be delivered? Fedex doesn't usually deliver at 10 pm, so I'm guessing this happened in the afternoon or early evening. Who would have thunk it, perverts going after unsupervised kids on the white side of town?
 
2 different kids we talking about
Right, but in at least two posts in this thread, you have implied that proximity to home makes it safe for young children to go out unsupervised. This little girl was most likely snatched or lured off her porch or out of her yard.
 
Right, but in at least two posts in this thread, you have implied that proximity to home makes it safe for young children to go out unsupervised. This little girl was most likely snatched or lured off her porch or out of her yard.
Dude. Don't estrapolate.
 
So 14-16 year olds who don't have $10 dollars have handguns. But the problem here is a 7 year old being out at night.

Do we think these kids who can't figure out not to rob a 7 year old would figure out how to get a weapon. If weapons weren't everywhere would broke kids without money have access to them.

Let's be real. If bullying for lunch money is roberry then there was a lot of robbing going on in my highschool. But once you bring a gun into the situation it's life or death. Something that is a normal part of being a kid is now a serious situation.
 
Dude. Don't estrapolate.
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. You clearly implied that young children don't necessarily need supervision in the evening if they're close to home, but there are two examples in this thread of young children who were close to home and still needed supervision, so I'm not sure what you're arguing.
 
Back
Top