Deontay Wilder/Tyson Fury Official

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
This also really exposed the state of American HW landscape, Wilder who was an ex Juco Basketball player that only turned to boxing because he wasn't a high level basketball prospect to get major D-1 offers was the only American in the top 10 HW. Big Baby Miller was the next best hope before he popped for 3 diff PEDs before the AJ fight. Then u got Michael Hunter who could've been top 10 had he beaten a 40 yr old Povetkin in Saudi Arabia but got a draw and on my own card i had povetkin winning 7-5. The only others relevant are Dominic Breazeale a former D-1 NCAA Football player reject, a 48 yr old Shannon Briggs and a 47 yr old Amir Mansour,

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, Jamele Van Exel sure does hate the black man.

Ancestors eh? smh.... :smh:

It’s not that serious, and Jemele intentionally or selectively forgot about how the “Till this day” phrase came about. In Wilder Fury 1, Fury was talking about the plight of the Gypsy people and Wilder didn’t want to hear none of that and brought up 400 years of struggle.

Nonetheless she’s a clown...

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Saudi Arabia about to pay an insane amount of money for a Joshua Vs Fury fight.

Fight should happen in the UK, but they can't compete with that arab money.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Deontay Wilder: What went wrong and will Wilder-Fury III be his next fight? | PBC ON FOX

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
This also really exposed the state of American HW landscape, Wilder who was an ex Juco Basketball player that only turned to boxing because he wasn't a high level basketball prospect to get major D-1 offers was the only American in the top 10 HW. Big Baby Miller was the next best hope before he popped for 3 diff PEDs before the AJ fight. Then u got Michael Hunter who could've been top 10 had he beaten a 40 yr old Povetkin in Saudi Arabia but got a draw and on my own card i had povetkin winning 7-5. The only others relevant are Dominic Breazeale a former D-1 NCAA Football player reject, a 48 yr old Shannon Briggs and a 47 yr old Amir Mansour,
That was well exposed long before he got there. There's a reason Klitschko was champion. Lennox lewis before that.

There's a reason holyfield , Tyson, and all those guys were the end of a long line.

Like you stated, Wilder came from basketball.

That's where the big men started going in the 80s and 90s.

Before then, boxing and baseball were the biggest sports. 70s and 80s was the eras where young Black men of any size saw basketball and football as one of the ways out.

Not many people would look at the option of getting punched in the face as better than football and b ball. Now, we see that football is kinda crazy too, so you'll see less of us in that too. Especially from children OF football players on any level. My nephews are into soccer. I try to get people into ultimate Frisbee. Fuck getting punched.

Eastern European big boys don't have football leagues making mega bucks to go to. .

In the lighter weights, guys who can't be Lebron or Shannon sharpe, still see combat sports as a route.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
You cant come out during Black history month in all Black armor with your fist raised and then let a fat cac beat the shit out of you. He needs to actually learn how to box. :lol:
What's crazy is he really played up tbe Black shit , when Fury was doing everything to avoid it

Came.in there with a rapper doing this whole "black power" bit, knowing what he was up against. That ain't even his swag, but after the "to this day" shit went viral, he played it up. Then... This.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Once again, thanks BGOL for the link.
Secondly, Wilder seriously cannot box. Fury can. Next up, Ruiz or Joshua?
This blew his shot. Joshua too scary. If Deonte can whip up a good enough excuse for the loss in tbe press, he can get that check again.

Or maybe Deonte can go at Ruiz, since he has SOMEWHAT of a name recognition Now. That can be a good setup. Can also get him beat, depending on his mindset now. Either way, good money.

Joshua SAYS he wants it on Twitter. Let's see. It's time for them all to meet now. Plus, some.promoters need to really build names for the other guys out there so we can see them.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn Telli Swift can get it RAW!!

1_Swift4JPG.jpg

87314646_273675306929202_3463286344316168205_n.jpg

84179946_227653718369995_4705023652743868737_n.jpg

ERZ4vcAW4AEYUau

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Agree with some of this but not all of it. Lennox is from the same era as Tyson, Holyfield, and Bowe and imo was the best of them all. The Klitschko brothers were really that good, there's a reason Lennox wasn't in a hurry to fight Vitali and never wanted to give Vitali the rematch in which he very well could've ended up taking the L in the 1st fight if it wasn't for the cut on Vitali.

NBA and NFL are definitely leagues where size are at a premium so usually this only applies to the guys that are at HW, CW and maybe the big LHWs. I actually would say more big dudes should look into the boxing route now with as lucrative as it is now being a HW boxer, probably have around 20 HW boxers that earn at least 7 figures a year and super lucrative at the top with AJ probably earning $100 mil in 2019. Also, boxing is a real hood sport, has the highest % from the worst impoverished backgrounds, whether its american hoods, council estates in england, slums in eastern europe, asia etc. I've posted another thread here with articles that have said Basketball is no longer a hood sport, most of the kids in recent times don't come from low socioeconomic backgrounds and it has become more of a club sport for upper middle class kids and also sons of pro athletes whether their dads were pro basketball, football, baseball players etc. This CTE thing for football will only stop kids that come from affluent backgrounds in Coastal cities from entering the talent pool, big kids from the hood or rural areas are still going to go into it hoping to make it out with NFL dreams. The Brits and Eastern Euros have had the best talent in recent years now in the HW/CW/LHW divisions. There aren't really many other sports in the UK that the big dudes with physicality would go to besides boxing, I mean there's Rugby but that's not that lucrative and MMA is less popular and lucrative. For the Eastern Euros, there's NHL/Hockey that get some of the big dudes with talent, there's also some that go to MMA, Kickboxing, Bobsledding but those aren't as lucrative.

That was well exposed long before he got there. There's a reason Klitschko was champion. Lennox lewis before that.

There's a reason holyfield , Tyson, and all those guys were the end of a long line.

Like you stated, Wilder came from basketball.

That's where the big men started going in the 80s and 90s.

Before then, boxing and baseball were the biggest sports. 70s and 80s was the eras where young Black men of any size saw basketball and football as one of the ways out.

Not many people would look at the option of getting punched in the face as better than football and b ball. Now, we see that football is kinda crazy too, so you'll see less of us in that too. Especially from children OF football players on any level. My nephews are into soccer. I try to get people into ultimate Frisbee. Fuck getting punched.

Eastern European big boys don't have football leagues making mega bucks to go to. .

In the lighter weights, guys who can't be Lebron or Shannon sharpe, still see combat sports as a route.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Agree with some of this but not all of it. Lennox is from the same era as Tyson, Holyfield, and Bowe and imo was the best of them all. The Klitschko brothers were really that good, there's a reason Lennox wasn't in a hurry to fight Vitali and never wanted to give Vitali the rematch in which he very well could've ended up taking the L in the 1st fight if it wasn't for the cut on Vitali.

NBA and NFL are definitely leagues where size are at a premium so usually this only applies to the guys that are at HW, CW and maybe the big LHWs. I actually would say more big dudes should look into the boxing route now with as lucrative as it is now being a HW boxer, probably have around 20 HW boxers that earn at least 7 figures a year and super lucrative at the top with AJ probably earning $100 mil in 2019. Also, boxing is a real hood sport, has the highest % from the worst impoverished backgrounds, whether its american hoods, council estates in england, slums in eastern europe, asia etc. I've posted another thread here with articles that have said Basketball is no longer a hood sport, most of the kids in recent times don't come from low socioeconomic backgrounds and it has become more of a club sport for upper middle class kids and also sons of pro athletes whether their dads were pro basketball, football, baseball players etc. This CTE thing for football will only stop kids that come from affluent backgrounds in Coastal cities from entering the talent pool, big kids from the hood or rural areas are still going to go into it hoping to make it out with NFL dreams. The Brits and Eastern Euros have had the best talent in recent years now in the HW/CW/LHW divisions. There aren't really many other sports in the UK that the big dudes with physicality would go to besides boxing, I mean there's Rugby but that's not that lucrative and MMA is less popular and lucrative. For the Eastern Euros, there's NHL/Hockey that get some of the big dudes with talent, there's also some that go to MMA, Kickboxing, Bobsledding but those aren't as lucrative.

post on point....they have to make boxing more lucrative to get the Lebron type athletes only way

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol right. Someone in this thread actually mentioned the Rocky movie.

"Just tie his right hand to his body and make him learn to use the left."

My dude that takes YEARS to do proficiently. And try telling a guy that while he's knocking fools the fuck out, and earning millions.
I mentioned the Rocky tie hand thing. I had a homeboy who played basketball. Broke his right hand, got it casted and everything. He practiced every day left handed until that hand healed. He became deadly with the left. Shot was just as pure with the left as the right. Its possible if you're dedicated to it.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

I made note of the lighter weights already. That's why there's still a stream.of black boxers there.

As far as some big guys still coming into boxing , just because they can't make it into the other sports, that's Deontay. They come too late, while people in other places are doing it from 10 years old or earlier.

You won't see a bunch of big men hoping they can get to be the maybe 10 guys who make some dough out of it , when they can carry on hopes of being one of the HUNDREDS of positions in b ball and football.

And in the UFC it's the same. Barely anyone over 185, and ALL of them come from having been on wrestling teams coming up. Tryon Woodley, Kamasutra Usman(he's African but raised in the states) , Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones , all former wrestlers. I guarantee you Ckrmier has a football background first. We know Jones did cuz his two brothers play. He was just too skinny.

I see your point about the backgrounds of basketball players changing. I still think there's an element of it being in the hood enough to where people can recognize you got something , and young du4es can even get some pussy out if it , which is enough to keep anyone going lol

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I mentioned the Rocky tie hand thing. I had a homeboy who played basketball. Broke his right hand, got it casted and everything. He practiced every day left handed until that hand healed. He became deadly with the left. Shot was just as pure with the left as the right. Its possible if you're dedicated to it.
That's in basketball and I'm.surr even that took years. And did he make the pros and try it against them? Cuz that's what you're asking Deontay to do.and at 34 while already in he profession at the highest level.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Of course he can't. I.dunno why this is lost on people. You don't "learn to box" at 34 years old. Especially good enough to beat other boxers.

That's an insult to.the skill levels attained by boxers. None of that shit is easy
I still can't get over that shit. It's like some person who wants to be in the big leagues in baseball. They spent years trying to hit the ball. Years in the minor. At a certain point, they have to realize they just can't hit a ball good enough. If they lived to be 1000, they still wouldn't make it to the pros.

Wilder ain't learn to box by now there's a fucking reason. Ain't enough tightening up in the world to match Fury's boxing.

And let's be clear. Wilder is still a beast. Fury is 6 fucking 9, heavy as shit, yet nimble as fuck. He's a nightmare. If I'm being honest, I've never seen any shit like that before. He moves like he is 180 pounds plus has a reach. It's bad enough reach = speed. :smh: