Dave Chappelle's new Netflix special Sticks & Stones....what u think?

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I enjoyed it. I can see why folks would be upset about some of the pedophile jokes if they were molested or had a loved one molested, but he told not one lie. I let the credits play and it just ended. I had paused it a couple of times, I dont know if that affected it or not.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dave went HARD. Man he is in place of I don't give a fuck. A'int his best show, the remarks about dick sucking and MJ was a tad much, definitely no holds barred.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I enjoyed it. I can see why folks would be upset about some of the pedophile jokes if they were molested or had a loved one molested, but he told not one lie. I let the credits play and it just ended. I had paused it a couple of times, I dont know if that affected it or not.
It could be. Try fast-forwarding to the last few minutes to see if it'll play through. I think if you're watching a lot of series', it may assume that you're not interested in running the credits. That's just a guess based on my viewing habits and observations.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man this shit was one of his best.
No holds barred.

The part when he said 36 yr old pussy is old, the look on the woman with the pink tip on the front row she was pissed lol.

Then the gay joke about relating it to being Chinese. Is exactly how I feel about half these mofos.

He should of called this special 'No Fucks Given' lol

Gotta watch this shit again

36 year old pussy isn't bad, which is how I assume that literal asshole woman took it. My personal opinion based on my experience living near colleges and smashing 22 year olds...that shit pops back into shape like a car's shock springs.

Also concerning these upset people...were they laughing at the other jokes? Was the old pussy lady laughing at the trans and gay jokes? If so, the attitude is typical of a selfish outrage addict.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Juicy Smolliere....

giphy.gif

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Only Dave could get away with a standup like this. You can't do this unless you're a genius-level comedian. That Michael Jackson pedo shit would get anyone else buried.
That MJ shit was not a big deal.

It was vintage Dave and he even left the door open to MJ's culpability.

I don't know why everybody was up in arms.

And the way he maneuvered the school shootings was masterful.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
That MJ shit was not a big deal.

It was vintage Dave and he even left the door open to MJ's culpability.

I don't know why everybody was up in arms.

And the way he maneuvered the school shootings was masterful.

It was a big deal, but he was hilarious. A weak comedian would get murdered for that entire skit. When you walk a fine line like that, you have to be hilarious. Dave is layered and nuanced enough to talk about these things because he's making social commentary on dicey, explosive topics but he finds a way to make it hilarious. He's exceptional enough to do it.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
In 2019...?

Nah

Dave gets the ultimate pass
Eddie too

Their stand up is just that good and they make it seem effortless.

I don't even think Eddie could do some of those jokes. I'm not saying he's funnier than Eddie... I'm just saying that Dave goes way "deeper" and does more complex comedy than Eddie ever did. Chris Rock used to do that type of social commentary but even he kept a lot of banal.... Dave really gets into the weeds on some really tough topics... that alphabet joke shit with the car was complex as hell. He's joking about how bizarre the whole thing is, while explaining the complexities/prejudices even within their community, and also discussing how far society is away from any of that shit truly being "acceptable" where these people can function in society like everyone else....

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't even think Eddie could do some of those jokes. I'm not saying he's funnier than Eddie... I'm just saying that Dave does way "deeper" and more complex comedy than Eddie ever did.

Very true

And it’s interesting to meet with the Dave audience

Like even since the Chapelle show in half baked days he’s had a huge white following

I wonder if the white people who go to the shells feel like they’re better than the ones that don’t because they’re “Woke” or some shit

I loved how he kept his foot on their necks the entire show tho. Especially when he was talking about the opioid crisis and the drug addicted whites LOL

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Yeah, Dave is like a professor, he's a master communicator.....

he is, man.

even that whole jussie smollett shit... lots of non-black people probably really don't get his joke/commentary like we do.... but that's how that shit unfolded on bgol.... gays crying on twitter and shit about us not having Jussie's back because he's gay but it had nothing to do with that....it was because we immediately knew he was lying.... not for the reasons that the MAGA people were assuming... we just knew the fucking context didn't make any sense... just like Dave said...

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Very true

And it’s interesting to meet with the Dave audience

Like even since the Chapelle show in half baked days he’s had a huge white following

I wonder if the white people who go to the shells feel like they’re better than the ones that don’t because they’re “Woke” or some shit

I loved how he kept his foot on their necks the entire show tho. Especially when he was talking about the opioid crisis and the drug addicted whites LOL

Yeah man. I wonder if they really get all his jokes like we do...Like I've had to explain some of his jokes to foreigners who might not get the context of what he's explaining because it's some American culture shit... but then the layers of it... that Jussie shit was hilarious to me because we knew right away this nigga was lying... nigga it was 2am during a fucking blizzard in Chicago....only way you're leaving the crib is for some money or pussy.... maybe not even that when it's below 0.....but he did that for some fucking subway? before I ever heard the rest of the story which was even more absurd, I knew he was lying..lol

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

yeah...I loved this too and it's ironic on the timing of those opioid ruling from the last week where companies are being forced to pay out billions over this

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah man. I wonder if they really get all his jokes like we do...Like I've had to explain some of his jokes to foreigners who might not get the context of what he's explaining because it's some American culture shit... but then the layers of it... that Jussie shit was hilarious to me because we knew right away this nigga was lying... nigga it was 2am during a fucking blizzard in Chicago....only way you're leaving the crib is for some money or pussy.... maybe not even that when it's below 0.....but he did that for some fucking subway? before I ever heard the rest of the story which was even more absurd, I knew he was lying..lol

Fam as soon as he said that juicy shit I was :lol:

I caught that shit immediately

This dudes Witt is uncanny. This joint was far better than his last special.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he is, man.

even that whole jussie smollett shit... lots of non-black people probably really don't get his joke/commentary like we do.... but that's how that shit unfolded on bgol.... gays crying on twitter and shit about us not having Jussie's back because he's gay but it had nothing to do with that....it was because we immediately knew he was lying.... not for the reasons that the MAGA people were assuming... we just knew the fucking context didn't make any sense... just like Dave said...
Yeah, we knew Jussie was lying & Dave explained it well.

Hey, man, I have even an issue where people are saying that Dave is anti-PC & those code words. I see some white folks on twitter aligning Dave with the Right-Wing. I see their trying co-opt his comedy performance already. & I think it's more nuanced than just him being 'anti-PC,' it's deeper than that.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Him and Eddie Murphy are the only 2 who can get away with that shit in this day and age

Kevin Hart is too shook after his run in with the alphabet people
edie caught major flack for his gay jokes...its just that there was no social media then so the backlash wasn't as widespread.