Dallas cop enters wrong apartment, kills Black man Botham Jean who lives there [LIVE TRIAL LINK]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I thought it was common knowledge that they were from St. Lucia.:dunno:

I had people telling me for a WHILE just based on the NAME that they were Haitian.

To the point where I was legit confused.

Someone sent me a the vlad clip and even Godfrey made the same mistake.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I had people telling me for a WHILE just based on the NAME that they were Haitian.

To the point where I was legit confused.

Someone sent me a the vlad clip and even Godfrey made the same mistake.
Understood PH. I heard more people make that assumption than a few except the news reports.
The mom worked for the St. Lucian Govt. in some capacity so they couldn't just treat Botham as some random Black male.
I know that the surname may have been confusing.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Appeal for what? The judge allowed Castle doctrine and all that other bullshit. Eat these years bitch!

Don't question the Fonz.... I told ya'll niggas.. You always appeal

I do think they there are some grounds... but it's going to be tough for a court to overturn a Jury verdict. Any appeal would be based on errors within the trial...

and it's on this issue... where they might have something..

The Judge was all over the place..

Any appeal.. victory would just lead to another trial.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Holy hell.

Bgol legal team i believe called this f*ckery early.

Like I said earlier

You always appeal.... You wouldn't do your job as as a Defense Attorney if you didn't file an appeal.

Even this shit right now... the judges decisions on certain items to be excluded can be grounds for appeal.

Everything in the trial..... Objections, statements, exhibits ... can be something to seek an appeal on... The key is what the Appeal's court will do.

What her attorney is doing now.. Is laying grounds..

This is also why sentencing is typically not on the same day. Sentencing is basically another trial.

Niggas shouldn't be shocked by this...

I warned ya'll on page 61...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't question the Fonz.... I told ya'll niggas.. You always appeal

I do think they there are some grounds... but it's going to be tough for a court to overturn a Jury verdict. Any appeal would be based on errors within the trial...

and it's on this issue... where they might have something..

The Judge was all over the place..

Any appeal.. victory would just lead to another trial.

if it goes to another trial can she get more time??? that ho needs more time...

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
if it goes to another trial can she get more time??? that ho needs more time...

It depends on what happens..

An appeals court could could remand the case back to be retried if her lawyers seek to appeal the trial..

Or it could be sent back on an issue with Sentencing if the Appeal is related to the length of her sentence.

If the Court rules that there was an error with the Trial.. then under a new trial.. She could get a lengthy sentence.

Typically though... Cases like that don't get retried. The Defendant gets scared and the DA doesn't want to redo it.. So in most cases the parties work out a deal..

(But in this case, because of the national attention it would be retried if the Appeals court finds error).

But I want to let people know..

97% of the time... Jury trials are appealed on some kind of grounds and it's rare that a court will overturn something.

Based on what I saw... I don't see the court over turning this.. but I don't know Texas law...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It depends on what happens..

An appeals court could could remand the case back to be retried if her lawyers seek to appeal the trial..

Or it could be sent back on an issue with Sentencing if the Appeal is related to the length of her sentence.

If the Court rules that there was an error with the Trial.. then under a new trial.. She could get a lengthy sentence.

Typically though... Cases like that don't get retried. The Defendant gets scared and the DA doesn't want to redo it.. So in most cases the parties work out a deal..

(But in this case, because of the national attention it would be retried if the Appeals court finds error).

But I want to let people know..

97% of the time... Jury trials are appealed on some kind of grounds and it's rare that a court will overturn something.

Based on what I saw... I don't see the court over turning this.. but I don't know Texas law...

I wish there was a way you could drop this on a podcast...

Without jeopardizing your licensing

Cause your breakdowns are consistently fire.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah I still haven't figured a way around this..

I could do one... but I couldn't be associated with BGOL.

I've got too much dirt on here.

We gotta figure this out.

3 hours a week

1 on entertainment tv music movies 1 on sports and and 1 emergency pod on legal stuff government and breaking news.

Fonz, Bills, Vicious, Uncle Chuck, tallback, Ans, 4D, Dray and gambino. And guest voices to fill out anyone unavailable.

Like fatman on batman meets politically incorrect meets state of the culture.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
White cop Amber Guyger files notice to appeal her murder conviction and 10-year prison sentence for shooting dead her black neighbor in his apartment
  • Amber Guyger's defense attorneys filed a notice to appeal her murder conviction last week
  • The notice is considered the first step if her attorneys plan to appeal her conviction and 10-year prison sentence
  • The notice, which has to be filed within 30 days, does not specify the grounds in which they would appeal
  • A legal analyst said it was likely just a procedural matter to extend the appeal date to 90 days and buy them more time to decide
  • A jury found Guyger guilty of murder earlier this month for shooting Botham Jean in his home, which the off-duty cop said she mistook for her own

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Can't find any news saying she resigned. The pic looks like she's just giving the chick flowers or maybe the one seated is resigning.

I'm sure her resignation would be big news among the lawyers for Botham Jean also.

Thanks for the correction.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Was this because she wasn't on duty and was fired? Kinda need more info
You'd think that as long as you're in uniform you're a representative of the city and their PD, off duty or not.

I hope what you're saying isn't the case.

Eli_Porter

BANNED
Registered
I’m not interested in this thread. Once these dumb sambo niggas started hugging and praying for this cac I instantly lost all interest in these mental slave lookin ass niggas.