Colombia...For Realz?

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

racism is in colombia. it's about class and stereotypes of living on the coast, lazy, and only want to party. However, compared to the United States, especially as an American, it is not as direct. Your money is first. If you were a black Colombian and trying to get a good job, you would definitely have to be a top 10% in credentials.

Dann828

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was in Cartagena last month. You must be careful down there. They have these groups of dudes that will stand in the middle of the road to stop your car to act like they will be your tour guide. They'll take you to where you want to go then claim they'll negotiate prices for you then hike it up and tell you it's lower and pocket there take. The other ones will just straight jack your ride and leave in the middle of nowhere

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am going down Monday, I will be low key areas of Medellin (really just to catch up with some people I know), then going to Cali and Bogota (my favorite spots, much less touristy, basic Spanish is necessary, everything cheaper for everything, I am not a big "beach" person). I might shoot to Villavicencio for a day or 2, its not far from Bogota. I flying back through Santiago, DR for a few days or a week, take my antigen test there.

Cartagena is kinda touristy like Rio, prices inflated on everything, that's good spot for non-Spanish speakers and amateur mongering by the Clock Tower. People that like Sosua, Jaco, and Rio a lot, enjoy Cartagena more.

I stay clear of Youtubers, weirdos, monger groups, and tourist traps.

vryo89ldv3y71.jpg

Last edited:

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am going down Monday, I will be low key areas of Medellin (really just to catch up with some people I know), then going to Cali and Bogota (my favorite spots, much less touristy, basic Spanish is necessary, everything cheaper for everything, I am not a big "beach" person). I might shoot to Villavicencio for a day or 2, its not far from Bogota. I flying back through Santiago, DR for a few days or a week, take my antigen test there.

Cartagena is kinda touristy like Rio, prices inflated on everything, that's good spot for non-Spanish speakers and amateur mongering by the Clock Tower. People that like Sosua, Jaco, and Rio a lot, enjoy Cartagena more.

I stay clear of Youtubers, weirdos, monger groups, and tourist traps.

I‘m going in Feb. Glad you gave the info on which spots are touristy. Which city would you recommend for first time? Cartagena, Medellin, Cali, or Bogota? I am pretty fluent in Spanish, but I know fluency will only get you so far bc in their eyes your just a gringo who knows the language.

Last edited:

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I‘m going in Feb. Glad you gave the info on which spots are touristy. Which city would you recommend for first time? Cartagena, Medellin, Cali, or Bogota? I am pretty fluent in Spanish, but I know fluency will only get you so far bc in their eyes your just a gringo who knows the language.

Medellin (El Poblado) and Cartagena (Old/Wall City. Your first time, you need to be in the tourist areas. 95% of the tourist I know, only go to Medellin and Cartagena. Cali and Bogota are not very tourist friendly, not really tourist destinations.

I am in Medellin now, have not even rode too close to El Poblado. I went to El Tesoro Mall (Biggest mall in Medellin) to eat and hit ATM, but I am rarely in that area.

I usually can find everything i need in Envigado, Laureles, Belen Rosales, Itagui, Bello, Sabaneta, El Centro, etc.... As far as women and entertainment.

Last edited:

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Mahia been trying so hard to grow some booty ... poor thing. she still has a little sexiness'. You know you can go to her house in Bogota and she'll give you accelerated Spanish lessons.
she's below average in colombian standards. way too much fire in the same city.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Medellin (El Poblado) and Cartagena (Old/Wall City. Your first time, you need to be in the tourist areas. 95% of the tourist I know, only go to Medellin and Cartagena. Cali and Bogota are not very tourist friendly, not really tourist destinations.

I am in Medellin now, have not even rode too close to El Poblado. I went to El Tesoro Mall (Biggest mall in Medellin) to eat and hit ATM, but I am rarely in that area.

I usually can find everything i need in Envigado, Laureles, Belen Rosales, Itagui, Bello, Sabaneta, El Centro, etc.... As far as women and entertainment.

i agree if you can't speak Spanish. stick to carta and medellin. chances of getting a quality woman is slim but you can have plenty of fun. San Andreas is dope too.

if you pick up spanish....shit....definitely go to Santa Marta, or Cali. I love calenas. They have an African, indigenous, and Spanish mix. Learn to dance though.

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
she's below average in colombian standards. way too much fire in the same city.
You are correct, she gets far more credit for her looks than she deserves BUT I will concede one thing. I do love her energy and spirit. When she talks you can't help but pay attention. She kinda sings damn near everything she says. My bitch ass cunt wife is like that when she talks, except she has a British accent instead of Colombian, and somehow I got mesmerized enough that I didn't notice she was a bitch ass cunt till it was too late.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
whats the coke prices like??? Im imagining a gram costing about $10 :dunno: :lol:
$20, but some of the street level guys cut it for tourists.

Actually, my first trip my buddy got us some chicks & in the cab back to the apt he asked them about where to get "incidentals".

The cab took us to a corner d-boy that served us thru the window, a 2 count of blunts & gram for $8. The blunts was prerolled in same kinda sealed foil like swisher or white owl from gas station.

When we got back to spot my dog eyes was red af, I asked "so they got a weed factory for that shit" because it looked so professional, he said, "yes nigga" lol :lol:

Can't tell me that shit ain't a full industry down there

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

When I go to Medellin, I definitely gotta go to El Poblado. Any idea if they are still doing the Pablo Escobar excursions they have?

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I go to Medellin, I definitely gotta go to El Poblado. Any idea if they are still doing the Pablo Escobar excursions they have?

Most of Pablo's shit is gone, demolished or confiscated. You can get a tour or do it yourself, not much to see.

You can catch a ride or Uber to the Jail (now a senior citizen home) to see the jail. A lot of the old shit is still there, but his prison cell was destroyed when they tried to capture him.

I think Roberto (his brother) is still doing a tour of one his old houses.

Visit the gravesite at the graveyard.

The building where Pablo was killed is demolished and replaced, no need to look for it.

Catch a ride or have a guide take you to Guatepe and Malecon then catch a boat ride tour to see all his mansions and his old party house. All day trip.

The site with the airplane at gate and zoo is still there, but animals gone, and many acres is a lot to walk, kinda overrated experience.

The government destroyed or confiscated a lot of his shit, to try to erase his history. People there hate him for the shit he did.

If you want to truly see the history of violence in Antiquoia in 70's through 90's, visit the Memory Museum, its the best museum in the area.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
me and my fam took a cab from cartagena to playa blanco. it was about an hour away. there is a dirt road from the street to the beach, about a mile long strip. so when we slowed down from the street to get onto this road, there were a group of youth, teenage-early twenties, that were trying to tax people going to the beach. when we pulled in, the cab driver told them to fuck off, and we kept it moving down this road.
a few moments later, the dudes the cabbie told to fuck off were on motorcycles, mopeds or whatever, driving along side the car, cussing and hiting the cab. shit was crazy. the driver was looking a little shook. me and my fam where in the back seat, just kinda laughing it off. we were high.
after we parked, the driver and the guys exhanged a few words, but everything seemed ok, but now we had a group of about 10 dudes walking behind us to the beach. and from the parking lot to the beach was a nice distance and it was downhill, like you had to go through a gully to get to the actual beach.
if you didnt already know, colombia has the worst beach hustlers in the world. every minute, someone is trying to sell you something. its on another level from DR, jamaica etc.
so we finally get to the beach and we are basically surrounded by this crew of dudes, like we all came to the beach together. they were like 10 yards or so behind us. we rented beach chairs from some over aggresive dude, the vibe didnt feel right. not long after we got there, he got into a heated argument with a european guy over the final price when the euro was ready to leave. i knew not to ask for shit or buy shit because everything was going to get taxed.
i wear a cuban link, i never take it off no matter where i go. the cab driver, who was with us, was mad shook when i took my shirt off. he told me i had to take it off. even tho i didnt want to, i did. you could just feel all the eyes on us.
anyways, i rambled long enough, but in summary, we didnt feel peace at that beach from the moment we got to the driveway. we couldnt chill at the beach and relax. heads had to stay on a swivel. everywhere we looked, eyes was on us.
it was even uneasy leaving, because we had that long walk back to the cab, up the hill, with dudes still following us. at the end of the day, it felt like shit could have went either way, good or bad. thankfully it went good.

and another time i actually did get got by some crooked cops in cartegena. they stopped our cab and shook us down. cop got me for all the money i had on me.
Yea the public beach in Cartageña is gorgeous but the worst incessant peddlers :smh:

I went to Playa Blanca by boat, it was cool. More chicks, families, etc. Peddlers were there but not nearly as many and they kept it moving, I was able to avoid them.

Jan. 1st after the countdown I met a Trini from ny with natural hair. She rolled with me and my boy the rest of the night. Her and I spent the first 9 days of the year together. We went on excursions, island hopped, went snorkeling, seen the plankton glow in the dark underwater at night, ate all kinda food, she like arepas, we both loved the Broasty fried chicken on the street. Still didn't get to Blue Apple

I could go to Cartageña every year just for the beaches, the islands, the water.