calling out ROLLIE FINGAZ!

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Can't wait to see the look on Pops face the 1st time Damon jacks up one of those ill-advised 3's with TD posting up down on the blocks

He used to torture poor Tony Parker his 1st couple of seasons. Now he's got the 2nd dumbest PG in the NBA

I'm wondering what this means for Jacque Vaughn? He is a better perimeter defender than BOTH Damon and Parker, now he is relegated to third string PG.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Houston have a better record with T-Mac out of the lineup?? I could have sworn they were a sub .500 team when he went out, but now they are several games OVER .500

Yep. Defensively they are worse with Adleman than they were with Van Gundy, but offensively they they are producing. The mnain reason is that Bonzi is more the focal point than T-Mac. This is probably why he's whining about another trade.

Last edited:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Rockets Get Bobby Jackson For Wells, James
February 21, 2008 - 1:24 am
Houston Chronicle -
The Houston Rockets are set to send Bonzi Wells and Mike James to New Orleans for Bobby Jackson, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

The deal has grown into a three team trade, the report indicates, with Memphis being involved but not appearing to be a major player. The trade has been submitted to the league, pending approval.

The Rockets will also receive rookie guard Adam Haluska and either their own or New Orleans' second-round pick, whichever is greater.

Memphis will receive forward Marcus Vinicius.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
The Definitive Details Of The Wallace Trade?
February 21, 2008 - 4:10 pm
ESPN -
Marc Stein reports that the three-way trade was submitted to the NBA before the 3:00 PM EST deadline and it is currently being reviewed.

Cleveland will receive Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West and a future second round pick from Chicago.

The Bulls will receive Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden, as well as Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown.

Seattle will receive Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble and Adrian Griffin.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Report: Gerald Green Traded To Houston
February 21, 2008 - 2:45 pm
MyFox Houston -
Gerald Green is telling FOX 26 Sports he has been traded to his hometown Houston Rockets for guard Kirk Snyder and a second-round draft pick.

"It's like a dream come true. Never in my life did I think this would happen," Green said. "I am on cloud nine."

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Toronto Lands Brezec For Dixon
February 21, 2008 - 4:04 pm
Detroit News -
The Pistons sent Primoz Brezec to Toronto for guard Juan Dixon.

Dixon, 29, averaged 4.3 points and 11.8 minutes in 36 games for the Raptors this season.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Boston Signs P.J. Brown
February 27, 2008 - 7:48 pm
Boston Herald -
The Boston Celtics have signed free agent P.J. Brown, according to the Boston Herald.

New Orleans and Dallas were also interested in signing Brown.

He played with the Bulls last season before entering semi-retirement.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
so long and maybe good riddance.

sam cassell cost the clippers the series against the suns.

February 28, 2008
Clippers Waive Guard Sam Cassell

The Los Angeles Clippers today waived point guard Sam Cassell.
In 38 games played this season, Cassell averaged 12.8 points, 4.7 assists, 2.8 rebounds and 25.7 minutes per game. In his 15th NBA season, Cassell had missed the last four games with a sprained right wrist while missing 12 games earlier in the season with a strained left calf.

“After weighing all of the options and after conversations with Sam we believe this is the best solution for this team,” stated Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. “We know and appreciate the many contributions Sam made during the last three years, and we wish him nothing but the best.”

Cassell notched his most productive season with the Clippers during the 2005-06 campaign when he tallied 17.2 points and 6.3 assists while helping lead the Clippers to within one game of the 2006 Western Conference Finals. During the Clippers’ 2006 Playoff run, Cassell averaged 18.0 points, 5.8 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 33.7 minutes in 12 games played.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Clippers Waive Guard Sam Cassell

As a fan of Sam Cassell, I'm happy he has a chance to go to a contender.

As a far of basketball, I'm sick to my stomach.

Is this is what the NBA is about to become?

I'm almost surprised the buy-out was done because it was reportedly said that the Clippers were going to simply release him out of his contact if he agreed to forfeit his remaining salary but Sam said he wasn't doing that because the "Clippers owed him for what he did"

So the question is... What's worth more? Getting to the second round of the playoffs or stabbing an entire franchise in the back, dishonoring a commitment?

I guess double crossing is the name of the game this season. :dunno:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
T-Wolves, Ratliff agree to contract buyout
Associated Press

Updated: February 29, 2008, 4:01 PM EST

The Detroit Pistons are expected to add center Theo Ratliff next week, a person familiar with the upcoming transaction told The Associated Press on Friday.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal couldn't yet be completed, said the move will be made on Tuesday.

The Minnesota Timberwolves requested waivers on Ratliff after reaching an agreement on a buyout of his contract. About one-third of Ratliff's $11.6 million salary remained for this season, but vice president Kevin McHale said the Timberwolves will pay him "a little less" than that.

Ratliff's agent approached the team about the move, which will allow more time down the stretch for young post players like Chris Richard and Craig Smith.

Ratliff's contract was expiring at the end of the season, and the Timberwolves — who have the worst record in the Western Conference — are busy evaluating what they've got for the future. The Wolves have bought out guard Troy Hudson, forward Juwan Howard and now Ratliff over the past seven months.

Forward Antoine Walker wants a buyout, too, but he's unwilling to forgo much of the remainder of his $8.5 million salary this season or a $9.3 million figure next season. The Wolves have made an offer, but an agreement by Saturday didn't appear imminent.

"They said they weren't comfortable with that, and that's where it is," McHale said.

Walker could be a valuable trade asset this summer.

Ratliff came to Minnesota from Boston in the Kevin Garnett trade and has played in only 10 games. The 34-year-old was relatively productive when he played, but a knee injury kept him on the sideline for 45 games. Ratliff returned to action last week.

Because he was let go before Saturday's deadline, he can sign with another team and be eligible for the playoff roster.

The Pistons can use him, too.

Detroit, which has the second-best record in the NBA, has been looking for frontcourt depth since sending center Primoz Brezec to Toronto for guard Juan Dixon last week.

The 6-foot-10, 235-pound Ratliff began his NBA career in Detroit, where he played from 1995 until he was dealt to the Philadelphia 76ers in a December 1997 trade that sent Jerry Stackhouse to the Pistons.

Ratliff later played for Atlanta, Portland and Boston before the trade last summer. He has averaged 8 points and 6.2 rebounds during his career, and 6.3 points and 3.9 rebounds per game this season.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
T-Wolves, Ratliff agree to contract buyout
Associated Press

Updated: February 29, 2008, 4:01 PM EST

The Detroit Pistons are expected to add center Theo Ratliff next week, a person familiar with the upcoming transaction told The Associated Press on Friday.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal couldn't yet be completed, said the move will be made on Tuesday.

The Minnesota Timberwolves requested waivers on Ratliff after reaching an agreement on a buyout of his contract. About one-third of Ratliff's $11.6 million salary remained for this season, but vice president Kevin McHale said the Timberwolves will pay him "a little less" than that.

Ratliff's agent approached the team about the move, which will allow more time down the stretch for young post players like Chris Richard and Craig Smith.

Ratliff's contract was expiring at the end of the season, and the Timberwolves — who have the worst record in the Western Conference — are busy evaluating what they've got for the future. The Wolves have bought out guard Troy Hudson, forward Juwan Howard and now Ratliff over the past seven months.

Forward Antoine Walker wants a buyout, too, but he's unwilling to forgo much of the remainder of his $8.5 million salary this season or a $9.3 million figure next season. The Wolves have made an offer, but an agreement by Saturday didn't appear imminent.

"They said they weren't comfortable with that, and that's where it is," McHale said.

Walker could be a valuable trade asset this summer.

Ratliff came to Minnesota from Boston in the Kevin Garnett trade and has played in only 10 games. The 34-year-old was relatively productive when he played, but a knee injury kept him on the sideline for 45 games. Ratliff returned to action last week.

Because he was let go before Saturday's deadline, he can sign with another team and be eligible for the playoff roster.

The Pistons can use him, too.

Detroit, which has the second-best record in the NBA, has been looking for frontcourt depth since sending center Primoz Brezec to Toronto for guard Juan Dixon last week.

The 6-foot-10, 235-pound Ratliff began his NBA career in Detroit, where he played from 1995 until he was dealt to the Philadelphia 76ers in a December 1997 trade that sent Jerry Stackhouse to the Pistons.

Ratliff later played for Atlanta, Portland and Boston before the trade last summer. He has averaged 8 points and 6.2 rebounds during his career, and 6.3 points and 3.9 rebounds per game this season.

Ratliff got to the T-Wolves a few years too late. I had always thought that if the Wolves picked him up instead of Olowakandi, they would have won between 5-10 games more.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
OK..at tonights Knick game Spike Lee and LeBron got into an argument. LeBron looked at Spike and said, "50" and immediately hit 2 threes...

He has 46 points as we speak..People are going to learn not to piss that man off.:smh:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Clippers sign ex-Laker Parker
Associated Press

Updated: March 12, 2008, 6:30 PM EST

Smush Parker, released by the Miami Heat earlier this week, signed a contract with the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. Terms weren't announced.

Parker, a 6-foot-4 guard, played in only nine games for the Heat this season, averaging 4.8 points, 1.7 assists and 2.1 rebounds. He had been on paid leave since an incident Nov. 27 with a Miami valet parking attendant.

Before signing with the Heat, Parker played two seasons for the Los Angeles Lakers, appearing in all 82 games both years, starting all but two of 164 games, and averaging 11.3 points. He has averaged 9.2 points, 2.8 assists and 2.5 rebounds in 255 career games.

Parker also has played for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons and Phoenix Suns. He left Fordham in 2002 after his sophomore year and wasn't chosen in the NBA draft.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
..that has to be a typo. the Nuggets had 44 points in a QUARTER?!?!?!

EDIT-How the fuck do you have 79 points in a half? I swear if Denver loses this game...

Last edited:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Lakers sign Ira Newble
L.A. picks up some insurance inside in case Ariza can't fully return from a broken foot.
By Mike Bresnahan
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

12:20 PM PDT, March 21, 2008

The Lakers signed free-agent small forward Ira Newble to a contract for the rest of the season.

A defensive-minded player, Newble will be eligible for the playoffs because he was waived by Seattle before Feb. 29. He will make about $175,000.

Newble, 6 feet 7 and 220 pounds, adds a physical presence and is also insurance in case Trevor Ariza can't fully return from a broken bone in his right foot. Ariza is not expected back until the playoffs begin.

Newble, 33, averaged 4.3 points in 33 games this season with Cleveland before being traded to Seattle in February as part of the Wally Szczerbiak deal.

Newble played two games with the SuperSonics but was subsequently waived so he could sign with another team.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lakers sign Ira Newble
L.A. picks up some insurance inside in case Ariza can't fully return from a broken foot.
By Mike Bresnahan
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

12:20 PM PDT, March 21, 2008

The Lakers signed free-agent small forward Ira Newble to a contract for the rest of the season.

A defensive-minded player, Newble will be eligible for the playoffs because he was waived by Seattle before Feb. 29. He will make about $175,000.

Newble, 6 feet 7 and 220 pounds, adds a physical presence and is also insurance in case Trevor Ariza can't fully return from a broken bone in his right foot. Ariza is not expected back until the playoffs begin.

Newble, 33, averaged 4.3 points in 33 games this season with Cleveland before being traded to Seattle in February as part of the Wally Szczerbiak deal.

Newble played two games with the SuperSonics but was subsequently waived so he could sign with another team.

This move is surprising to me.

Last edited:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
does anyone else think the 2007-08 76ers look like the 1992-93 76ers? :(

immediately after that kyle korver trade, the 76ers went 5-14 :puke:

coach cheeks tinkered with the lineup, removing reggie evans and inserting thaddeus young, and since then went 17-5 :D

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Spurs re-sign Barry a month after trading him
Associated Press

Updated: March 24, 2008, 12:00 PM EST

The San Antonio Spurs re-signed guard Brent Barry on Monday, a month after trading him to Seattle.

The SuperSonics waived Barry on Feb. 21, a day after acquiring him, Francisco Elson and a 2009 first-round draft pick from the Spurs for Kurt Thomas.

Barry had to sit out 30 days before he could re-sign with San Antonio.

Before the trade, Barry averaged 7.3 points in 29 games for the Spurs. He has averaged 7.3 points in 259 games since signing with the Spurs in 2004.

In a 13-year career that included stints with the Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago, Miami and Chicago, Barry has averaged 9.7 points and 3.3 assists.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Webber, battling chronic knee problems, to call it a career

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Updated: March 25, 2008, 9:54 PM ET

Time has indeed run out on Chris Webber's basketball career.

The 35-year-old has decided to retire from the game and end his comeback with the Golden State Warriors after more problems with a surgically repaired left knee that has plagued him for the past half-decade.

The Warriors have announced a press conference for Wednesday morning where Webber is scheduled to formally discuss his plans. The decision comes less than two months after one of the most versatile big men in the game's history rejoined the franchise that unleashed him on the NBA as the first overall pick in the 1993 draft following his stint as the most recognizable face of Michigan's famed Fab Five team.

"I really enjoyed working with him," Warriors coach Don Nelson told the San Francisco Chronicle. "It was great to get to know him again as a man and I really enjoyed our short time together. I wish it really would've worked out better, but it didn't. And I think we'll remain friends for the rest of our lives."

Pistons president Joe Dumars told ESPN.com: "One of the best power forwards to ever play in the NBA. Chris was always a class act and someone we're all proud of in Detroit."

Sources said that Webber, unable to play since March 2 because of the latest complications with his knee, decided in the past week to end his pro career after 15 seasons, having struggled with his mobility for the past five of those seasons since a serious tear in the 2003 playoffs that required microfracture surgery.

Sacramento Kings co-owner Joe Maloof, with whom Webber came closest to winning it all, told ESPN.com: "We had a lot of fun together. He was the face of our franchise for many years and we almost got it done. Almost.

"We were so close so many times. But after that [knee] injury, that's when the gradual decline of that particular group all started. We never really recovered. We have some disappointing memories, but we have some really happy memories. Chris had a great career. I can't say enough good about him."

Webber sat out the first four months of this season and discussed a return to the Pistons before signing with Golden State on Jan. 29, hoping for one last run at the championship that has repeatedly eluded him and hoping as well for a fairy-tale reunion with the coach under whom he won NBA Rookie of the Year honors in 1993-94.

But his seemingly unlikely return to play for Nelson -- after the collapse of their first marriage led to Webber's trade to Washington within six months of winning his rookie award -- was aborted faster than anyone imagined after Nelson pushed harder than anyone in Oakland to bring Webber back.

Webber appeared in a mere nine games with the Warriors this time, averaging just 3.9 points and 3.6 rebounds in 14.0 minutes as Golden State went 6-3 in those games. He played only once more after sustaining his most recent health setback in a Feb. 29 win over Philadelphia and found the knee slow to rehabilitate after such a long layoff to start the season.

Asked Monday about a timetable for Webber's return after almost a month out of the lineup, Nelson said: "It would be pretty hard at this point. You have to go through the process of getting his rhythm and a few airballs. All this is really hard on a head coach because any one of those things could cost you a game."

It was Nelson, back in January, who scoffed loudest at the widespread skepticism regarding Webber's ability to keep up with Golden State's run-and-gun game. Nelson insisted that the Warriors needed Webber's passing from the high post and ability to sink mid-range jumpers to get them unstuck when their half-court offense bogged down or when their 3-pointers weren't dropping.

"I'm afraid if we don't get him here [that] our team is not strong enough to be a playoff team," Nelson said at the time. "That's my biggest fear. [Webber] can benefit our team, it can benefit his and my relationship [and] it can benefit players on this team. I think he has a chance to make some of our players better and make our team better. Really, that's all that's important. I'll get along with anybody who can help our team."

Nelson also dismissed the idea that he would struggle in personality terms to coach Webber again, insisting that he and Webber had reconciled years ago, starting when he chose Webber to replace the injured Shaquille O'Neal -- over Dirk Nowitzki from Nelson's Mavericks -- as the West's starting center for the 2002 All-Star Game in Philadelphia.

But Nelson's anticipation that Webber could give his tiny team an injection of size and guile in the frontcourt never really materialized, largely because of the knee issues. The Warriors are on pace to win 50 games for the first time since Nelson and Webber's only full season together in 1993-94 but are clinging to the No. 8 seed in the Western Conference, with slender center Andris Biedrins standing as Nelson's only rotation regular taller than 6-foot-9.

Having signed a pro-rated veteran minimum contract that would have paid him just under $570,000 to finish the season with the Warriors, Webber departs instead as a four-time former All-Star whose greatest NBA successes were realized in nearby Sacramento, before the injury robbed Webber of his spring and speed.

Dealt from Washington to Sacramento in the summer of 1998, Webber initially resisted the trade to the lowly Kings but wound up transforming them into one of the league's elite franchises with the help of teammates Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovic, Jason Williams and later Mike Bibby, as well as the coach/general manager tandem of Rick Adelman and Geoff Petrie.

Webber's Kings were just one win away from the NBA Finals in 2002 but lost Game 7 of the Western Conference finals at home to the Los Angeles Lakers after a controversial Game 6 in which L.A. was awarded 27 free throws in the fourth quarter. Webber also reached the Eastern Conference finals last season in a brief homecoming with the Pistons, only for Detroit to lose in six games to LeBron James' Cleveland Cavaliers after taking a 2-0 lead.

Webber entered this season with career averages of 20.9 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists after enduring similar championship frustrations at Michigan. Joining Juwan Howard, Jimmy King, Ray Jackson and ESPN's own Jalen Rose in comprising the revolutionary, trash-talking Fab Five -- who were known for bringing a Showtime feel to college basketball with their unmistakable baggy shorts, black socks and playground flair -- Webber led Michigan to back-to-back NCAA titles games but lost both.

In the second of those defeats, Webber infamously called a timeout in the final minute against North Carolina when Michigan didn't have one, helping to seal the Wolverines' 77-71 defeat.

Yet Webber clearly had a winning impact on every NBA franchise he played for. Golden State spiraled into a 12-season playoff drought after winning 50 games in Webber's rookie season, Washington halted a drought of eight seasons without a trip to the playoffs with Webber as its star in 1997 and Sacramento reached the playoffs only twice in its first 13 seasons in Northern California before Webber's arrival.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
..hey George, how about using some fucking common sense and putting J.R. Smith on Jason Kidd instead of Chucky Atkins???

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
..so much for the Lakers running away with the Pacific Division title, huh Cranrab? :lol:

Stoudemire, Suns drop Nets to two games out of 8th in East

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Amare Stoudemire had 33 points and 15 rebounds and the Phoenix Suns moved into a first-place tie with the Los Angeles Lakers in the Pacific Division with a 110-104 victory over the New Jersey Nets on Saturday night.

Leandro Barbosa added 21 points, Shaquille O'Neal had 17 points and seven rebounds and Steve Nash chipped in with 10 points and 11 assists as the Suns won their second game in two nights and their ninth in 11 games.

The Suns and idle Lakers each have nine games left in the regular season. Los Angeles has the tiebreaker should they finish tied.

Vince Carter had 30 points to lead the Nets, who lost for the second straight night to fall two games behind Atlanta in the race for the final playoff berth in the Eastern Conference. New Jersey has eight games left, two less than the Hawks.

Richard Jefferson added 20 points for New Jersey in the game that featured seven technical fouls, including ones called against Carter, O'Neal, Stoudemire and Nash.

While Stoudemire, Barbosa, Boris Diaw (12 points) and Nash came up with big plays down the stretch for Phoenix, the Nets had only themselves to blame. They missed five free throws in the final 3:56, gave up two crucial offensive rebounds and failed to convert chances on offense.

Down by 11 early in the fourth quarter, New Jersey pulled to 93-90 on a 3-point play by Carter with 4:58 to go.

After O'Neal scored inside and Barbosa tallied on the drive for a 97-90 lead, Carter and Josh Boone combined to miss 5 of 7 free throws in a 42-second span.

A basket by Diaw and one by Carter had New Jersey within 99-94 with 2:37 to play, but Nash hit a 3-pointer, his second and final basket of the night, to give the Suns a 102-94 lead with 1:28 to go.

New Jersey got within 103-98 on a basket by Jefferson, but O'Neal hit two free throws with 48.1 seconds to go -- he was 7 of 10 for the game -- and Phoenix held on.

After trailing most of the first half, the Suns took the lead with four points in the final second.

Stoudemire, who was 12 of 15 from the field, scored inside and a was fouled with less than a second to play. He converted the three-point play and Phoenix picked up an extra point when Marcus Williams was hit with a technical foul. The Suns scored the first nine points of the third quarter, a period Stoudemire had 16.

Last edited:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
golden state's fate will be decided by april 2nd.

they have 2 games head to head with the mavericks between then and now.

denver fans have their BIGGEST test monday and tuesday, back to back games against the suns.

I will be enjoying the Golden State/Dallas game tomorrow night. If Dallas loses, they fall to ninth and Denver jumps to 7th.

Good win though. K-Mart has been a beast lately. The Nuggets have tied last years win total and have an honest shot at a 50 win season.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
I will be enjoying the Golden State/Dallas game tomorrow night. If Dallas loses, they fall to ninth and Denver jumps to 7th.

tip off in 30 minutes!

the sorry ass utah jazz got thumped by the lowly timberwolves tonight, spoiling the jazz' opportunity to join the log jam of teams with 49 wins.

no diss directly to your nuggets (or any other NW division team), but the basketball being played RIGHT NOW by that entire division is GARBAGE.

in BOTH conferences right now, only 5 teams in each actually deserves to be playing some post season ball.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
golden state is taking care of business, up double digits in Q3.

meanwhile, at the staples center, the fakers are also up double digits going into the half. why, you ask?

because tobe is 1-6 FGAs. the more talented fakers are getting shots.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
tip off in 30 minutes!

the sorry ass utah jazz got thumped by the lowly timberwolves tonight, spoiling the jazz' opportunity to join the log jam of teams with 49 wins.

no diss directly to your nuggets (or any other NW division team), but the basketball being played RIGHT NOW by that entire division is GARBAGE.

in BOTH conferences right now, only 5 teams in each actually deserves to be playing some post season ball.

That's because the Jazz suck on the road.

golden state is taking care of business, up double digits in Q3.

meanwhile, at the staples center, the fakers are also up double digits going into the half. why, you ask?

because tobe is 1-6 FGAs. the more talented fakers are getting shots.

I don't know what happened since then, but the Wiz just tied the game.

Last edited:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Golden State wins. There is a tie at 7th but check out this stat:

From espn.com

With nine games remaining, Dallas, Golden State and Denver are all even at 45-28. If the season ended today, the Warriors would be on the outside looking in at the playoffs because they have lost two of three to both the Nuggets and Mavericks. But if Golden State manages to beat Denver and Dallas in their final meetings, the Mavericks would be the odd team out in a three-way tie.

This should be an interesting last 9-10 games of the season.