Board Changes - PM to all members

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I noticed something strange I cant login using the opera browser
I keep getting this error message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site.

I am using another browser to access bgol website.

Anyone else having a similar problem using opera.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I noticed something strange I cant login using the opera browser
I keep getting this error message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site.

I am using another browser to access bgol website.

Anyone else having a similar problem using opera.
make sure it is https://

rebel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a Samsung S9 and the logo is in the upper left hand side, and PM's alerts and search follow. I don't understand where the logo should go. I'm probably not understanding what you are saying. :confused:
The bar moves as you scroll down a page so the “BGOL” image logo is always present. Takes away from viewing the forum in public. I mean an ad blocker can remove all images but I wasn’t trying to go that route.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
The bar moves as you scroll down a page so the “BGOL” image logo is always present. Takes away from viewing the forum in public. I mean an ad blocker can remove all images but I wasn’t trying to go that route.
I see what you are saying. That feature is built into the script.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I'm seeing people I have set to ignore

dwyfMgS.jpg

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
the only problem I’ve had so far was using search function
Let me know what the problem is.

I was suppose to have a new search add-on that uses elasticsearch and it's suppose to be great. My ISP doesn't know how to interface elasticsearch with the board software. I gave him an example of what needs to happen, but he didn't know how to do it. So I have to figure it out when I get time.

One of the few times the guy has let me down.

HNIC

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Let me know what the problem is.

I was suppose to have a new search add-on that uses elasticsearch and it's suppose to be great. My ISP doesn't know how to interface elasticsearch with the board software. I gave him an example of what needs to happen, but he didn't know how to do it. So I have to figure it out when I get time.

One of the few times the guy has let me down.

HNIC

It don’t work for me, I have to click the advanced search tab....too search anything

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everytime, I leave the site and come back it takes me back to the page @TruDat mentioned..For whatever reason, it doesn't automatically log me in everytime I come here and I have to type the address manually...

Yeah Bruh,
I hear ya.
Whats strange is when I use a link to get here, i get that 'cookies' error message.
However, I actually have to hit the 'home' button on bgol website header next to the 'forums'
And I am backed logged in. Go figure.
The only browsers it did that with was Opera and Chrome
I am gonna test out various other browsers.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Yeah Bruh,
I hear ya.
Whats strange is when I use a link to get here, i get that 'cookies' error message.
However, I actually have to hit the 'home' button on bgol website header next to the 'forums'
And I am backed logged in. Go figure.
The only browsers it did that with was Opera and Chrome
I am gonna test out various other browsers.
Are you making sure that all of you BGOL links have the https:// bgol.us if you use http:// bgol without the s it's going to fail. I looked this up on the support website and this is the problem in 99% of the cases.

The s is what makes the connection secure, you have to include the s and you shouldn't have any problems.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Not going to lie. It’s going to take me a second to get use to this upgrade.

We need a dark theme more then ever now.
This old eyes are struggling. Lol
yeah man this shit is bright as fuck...everything looks washed out.... we really need new themes and dark mode settings

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are you making sure that all of you BGOL links have the https:// bgol.us if you use http:// bgol without the s it's going to fail. I looked this up on the support website and this is the problem in 99% of the cases.

The s is what makes the connection secure, you have to include the s and you shouldn't have any problems.

Yes I did include the https:// for the link with bgol.us
and it still shows me 'cookie' page error

But when I hit the home button on bgol website header
I am automatically logged in.
when I get home from work I will reset the cookies and clear the data
for bgol.us

It could be on how my security and privacy is set.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Yes I did include the https:// for the link with bgol.us
and it still shows me 'cookie' page error

But when I hit the home button on bgol website header
I am automatically logged in.
when I get home from work I will reset the cookies and clear the data
for bgol.us

It could be on how my security and privacy is set.
thanks for the feedback

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
yeah man this shit is bright as fuck...everything looks washed out.... we really need new themes and dark mode settings

Yeah I hate to say this but it’s fucking killing my eyes. I can hardly look at the board on my iPhone. Shit is giving me a headache. That’s why I haven’t been on the board much since we came back. I’m hoping that a new theme add-on is included in this upgrade.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Yeah I hate to say this but it’s fucking killing my eyes. I can hardly look at the board on my iPhone. Shit is giving me a headache. That’s why I haven’t been on the board much since we came back. I’m hoping that a new theme add-on is included in this upgrade.

Does your browser have a night mode? That might make it easier to read.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Ok I finally figured out how to do Dark mode on my older IOS.

1. Open 'Settings' and select 'General > Accessibility > Display accomodations'.

2. Toggle 'Classic Invert' to invert the colors of everything on your device's screen, or 'Smart invert' to leave images alone but invert everything else.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
@HNIC

Quick question..

Will the copy and paste get fixed eventually?

Under the old board... I just had to hover over the image, right click copy, and I could past the image.

Now I have to copy the image address, click insert image, and past the address.

I doesn't seem like that big of a deal... but when you are posting multiple images... It does slow shit down alot.

Update...

I also noticed that Drag n Drop on photos doesn't work either... that one is essential.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
@HNIC

Quick question..

Under the old board... I just had to hover over the image, right click copy, and I could past the image.

I doesn't seem like that big of a deal... but when you are posting multiple images... It does slow shit down alot.

Update...

I also noticed that Drag n Drop on photos doesn't work either... that one is essential.
Also... what are the addons.. Just curious..
add-ons is the new word for plug-ins. I had a guy make me a new Adult Video add-on (plugin). I'm sure I can solve all of your problem or at the least give you answers and look for add-ons/ plugins that will solve the problem.

Let's make 10-22-2019 the day we get after these problems (bugs) you guys are interested in. Everyone is listing all of the problems (bugs) and I just can't act on them now. I have to establish a solid foundation I can build upon, then I can handle all of the small bugs. My bugs are bigger bugs that are like the cement that holds this thing together. It hasn't been a week since I completed the basic upgrade.

I like pressure. I always tell people keep fucking with me and it makes me work harder to get what you need done, but you got to give me a few days to set up my house :dunno: put the furniture in, get the lights cut on, pay the gas company, cut the water on, just normal shit.(just an example folks so you get what I'm saying) Give a nigga until 10-22-2019 and I will solve all this shit. Make sure you remind me cause I can't go through all of these problems. I will solve all of them one way or another. Hell it may not take until 7-22-19, but I have a few core things that must be done.

HNIC

Last edited:

debovette

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
add-ons is the new word for plug-ins. I had a guy make me a new Adult Video add-on (plugin). I'm sure I can solve all of your problem or at the least give you answers and look for add-ons/ plugins that will solve the problem.

Let's make 10-22-2019 the day we get after these problems (bugs) you guys are interested in. Give a nigga until 10-22-2019 and I will solve all this shit. Make sure you remind me cause I can't go through all of these problems. I will solve all of them one way or another. Hell it may not take until 7-22-19, but I have a few core things that must be done.

HNIC

Um.... im lost???

Last edited by a moderator:

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
@HNIC

Quick question..

Update...

I'm not a power poster that's why I'm at a lost to fully understand your needs.

I was able to drag and drop and copy and paste as long as I'm doing so when the Insert Image editor is open, Doing a straight drag and drop into the message area doesn't seem to be working right now. I'll look some more, but a few Kats/boards are having the same problem since they upgraded.

HNIC

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Let's make 10-22-2019 the day we get after these problems (bugs) you guys are interested in. Everyone is listing all of the problems (bugs) and I just can't act on them now. I have to establish a solid foundation I can build upon, then I can handle all of the small bugs. My bugs are bigger bugs that are like the cement that holds this thing together. It hasn't been a week since I completed the basic upgrade.

I like pressure. I always tell people keep fucking with me and it makes me work harder to get what you need done, but you got to give me a few days to set up my house :dunno: put the furniture in, get the lights cut on, pay the gas company, cut the water on, just normal shit.(just an example folks so you get what I'm saying) Give a nigga until 10-22-2019 and I will solve all this shit. Make sure you remind me cause I can't go through all of these problems. I will solve all of them one way or another. Hell it may not take until 7-22-19, but I have a few core things that must be done.

HNIC
I'm not a power poster that's why I'm at a lost to fully understand your needs.

I was able to drag and drop and copy and paste as long as I'm doing so when the Insert Image editor is open, Doing a straight drag and drop into the message area doesn't seem to be working right now. I'll look some more, but a few Kats/boards are having the same problem since they upgraded.

HNIC

Dude take your time. I just appreciate you looking into it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
One more thing to Add..

We have to and I mean have to bring back Thread Ratings..

I can't even imagine a BGOL world without the ability to One Star or Five Star a thread..

Kats are going to fucking run wild on here... posting BS threads.