Blue Beetle (DC UNIVERSE) Discussion Thread - Trailer 2 (7/11/2023)

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I've seen this movie at least 6 times already.

Same here..

ihYN9Cg0TaV1TqSUSKtBdPcneNB.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I've seen this movie at least 6 times already. There was even at least 0ne TV show about it. I guess we'll see but the whole world has changed since COVID. Superhero movies just don't have the pizzazz they once did.

Hmmm...

I hear you buy it can work.

There is no other big screen hero with this type of power currently

It can be very family friendly venom type story

I think the Latino spin is important

And if they choose the right supporting dc character to go along?

This could be a great way to build a franchise and universe

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Hmmm...

I hear you buy it can work.

There is no other big screen hero with this type of power currently

It can be very family friendly venom type story

I think the Latino spin is important

And if they choose the right supporting dc character to go along?

This could be a great way to build a franchise and universe

We'll see.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Question is if the movie does well will James Gunn cut the lead actor a break and decide to keep him around..

It's already very heavily implied they may do that w/ Ezra.. :smh:

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Question is if the movie does well will James Gunn cut the lead actor a break and decide to keep him around..

It seems like the kind of character James Gunn has an affinity for, I think if anyone has a chance going forward in the new DC it's blue beetle.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
The Scarab/Suit is pretty much invincible. I’d like to see an old school Blue Beetle too. Dan Garrett, Ted Kord but this will do in the meantime. I think it’ll succeed.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

They CANNOT keep Ezra.

Cause they can't blame the previous regime for the past casting and the future

There is going to be some racial accusations thrown if they do.

I support Gunn. And while they were "just" tweets? Gunn doesn't want to use the forgiveness card so early in his tenure. Cause trust and believe something ELSE is gonna pop up and soon.

Maybe not from Ezra but from somebody

Cause just like they attacking the Rock?

Any one of them could be next on that summer jam screen.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Iron Man was still a fringe A list Super Hero. High B at worst... and an entire universe and billion dollar movies were used to introduce Ant Man and Strange into existing story lines and brand.. Who the fuck is a Blue Beetle nigga!!!?? DC cant even get a proper film stuffed with A list super heros right!! And they gonna give this nobody a film??!
Nigga Ironman is only 2nd to Spider-Man in terms of A-list superhero’s from marvel

iron man help usher In the avengers who are the mightiest hero’s on earth.

did he just compare Dr Strange who made the multiverse and antman who made the Quantum realm as “nobodies” but this fucking mesican beetle borg is somehow on the same linear plane as them?

holy Shit

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nigga Ironman is only 2nd to Spider-Man in terms of A-list superhero’s from marvel

iron man help usher In the avengers who are the mightiest hero’s on earth.

did he just compare Dr Strange who made the multiverse and antman who made the Quantum realm as “nobodies” but this fucking mesican beetle borg is somehow on the same linear plane as them?

holy Shit

2 things.
Tell me you don't read comics without telling me you don't read comics.

One- The only reason Iron Man is now an A list hero is because of the movies. Before marvel started building out this universe,(first iron man dropped in '08) and I'm sure we can go back and looks at posts from back then... 15 years ago ( Shaddy, u was probably a toddler back then) everyone was like Iron man who? why they making a movie about THAT nigga? The geeks were hyped, but it was widely regarded as a gamble for Marvel Studios, because Like I said, Marvel has licensed away all their money makers and was making a movie about this D-list alcoholic hero, played by a fallen from grace alcoholic actor.

same with Dr. Strange, same with ant man, same with Guardians- these were NOT popular comics, and it was the MOVIES that made them into household names. They hot in the streets now, and ya'll want to act like they always been.

I could have just as easily said "Amazon took the Boys, a comic NO ONE was checking for and made it popular" or would you still be arguing about that too? or Suicide Squad? the whole point of which is that these are unknown -ass-lame-power-ass characters and they made a (arguably) decent movie out of it.

Two, I'm not riding for Blue Beetle. All I'm saying is that taking a relatively unknown character from the comics and making a movie about them is not an automatic fail- and yes, we all know DC S*T*A*Y*S fucking up what should be absolute home runs. If the movie sucks, it will probably be more from DC fucking it up than from the character being unknown.

Just ask yourself- could marvel make a good Blue Beetle movie? If your answer is yes, then it ain't the character.

Last edited: