Blue Beetle (DC UNIVERSE) Discussion Thread - Trailer 2 (7/11/2023)

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
250px-Blue_Beetle_04.jpg

Blue Beetle is a long running comic book series that was first published by Fox Feature Syndicate before being a Charlton Comics title and currently a DC Comics title. The series starred certain characters with the same name.

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did not say shit about Wonder Woman 1984....

I shitted all over Justice League

Didn't say shit in the Aquaman thread

Shitted all over Batman v Superman ..

Like I battled dudes left and right about in those threads...

I fucking HATED ..... Batman v. Superman ......

I created a thread for Justice League because I saw it early on a free pass

Don't get why Kats think I gass up DC films

Here is my direct quote from Batman v Superman

:dunno:

I do like DC cause I grew up on Justice League Animated Series, Batman, and recently Young Justice.

I like the unknown kats of DC like Booster Gold and Blue Beetle .. especially the modern version.

Ok ok ok my bad my bad og triple og
U right

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm all on board this shit.... Finally ...

Blue Beetle is easily one of my favorite DC characters

DC has been sleeping on Jamies Reyes for decades ... My man has a great Origin Story and It's the perfect Buddy Cop type of Movie ... when you have a thing that's programed to Kill stuck to you.

Old boy from Cobra Kai is the perfect dude for Jamie....

I must speak that shit into existence

2d7e08cdee93a34c1fe8eec9f318abe1.jpg

Well holy Shit....

I did speak it into existence

Fuck yeah...

Dude is perfect ... Like Ryan Reynolds was born to play Deadpool . My Man Xolo was born to be Jamie Reyes.

Road-to-Nowhere.jpg

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I need to get a movie let’s call it “The Amazing Easy_b”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

Jason Sudeikis isn't in DC's Blue Beetle movie, despite internet rumors

EW has confirmed that the Ted Lasso star does not have a role in the upcoming superhero film.

By Joey NolfiMay 24, 2022 at 02:33 PM EDT

Consider this bug squashed: Jason Sudeikis is not in the upcoming DC comic book movie Blue Beetle.
A source tells EW that the Ted Lasso star does not have a role in the buzzy project, which is set to blaze a trail as DC's first Latino superhero movie.
Speculation began after a purported casting call (since deleted) circulated for a "Ted body double" whose complexion matched that of a photo of Sudeikis, though the actor's eyes were blurred out in the image.
While Sudeikis won't be in the film, Oscar-winning actress Susan Sarandon will appear as Victoria Kord, an original character devised specifically for the film.

Jason Sudeikis will not appear in DC's 'Blue Beetle' movie

| CREDIT: RICH FURY/GETTY IMAGES; DC COMICS
Sarandon joined the film in April, after EW confirmed that Charm City Kings' Angel Manuel Soto was on board to direct the live-action project. Cobra Kai's Xolo Maridueña is set to star as Jamie Reyes, a teen who uncovers a Blue Beetle scarab that summons a suit of extraterrestrial armor granting him super-speed, super-strength, and the ability to create weapons.

Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer (Miss Bala) wrote the screenplay, and the cast also includes George Lopez, Oscar nominee Adriana Barraza, Elpidia Carrillo, Damián Alcázar, Hocus Pocus 2's Belissa Escobedo, Bruna Marquezine, Harvey Guillén, and Raoul Max Trujillo.
Blue Beetle is set for release Aug. 18, 2023.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I’m already preparing myself for the news on this…
Now, this one looks promising. Although, the name recognition isn't there. However, he's much lesser known than Ironman was when the movie was first released in 2008.

David Zaslav may be like "Blue Beetle?"

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Now, this one looks promising. Although, the name recognition isn't there. However, he's much lesser known than Ironman was when the movie was first released in 2008.

David Zaslav may be like "Blue Beetle?"

this shit is probably on the chopping block