Blue Beetle (DC UNIVERSE) Discussion Thread - Trailer 2 (7/11/2023)

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I'm fucking pissed that I didn't see it at the movies... but this shit was way way better then it had any right to be...

I completely agree with you.... I would have rather they pushed this back cause this might be one of my favorite superhero movies..

It's in my top 10.

Like you said.... the family dynamic was Chef's kiss... Normally i hate when the movie has the family join in randomly and they come in saving the day..

but it felt so natural... they showed the family dynamic from jump... So when their Jamie got taken.... Of course they are going to go save him.

And I love how it just felt different... Like it was smart to use a practical suit and only use CGI for the CGI scenes but practical suit for most of the fighting and because you used an actor that's also a trained fighter.... those scenes felt legit.

My only complaint is that I prefer the male psychotic voice for the suit over the female voice.. but it works here.

I just hate that DC doesn't know what the fuck they are doing...

They have a golden opportunity...... to set up a Scrab or White martian invasion for their own Justice League level event and they just continue to leave house money on the floor.
Definitely wished they would have gone with a. Voice more similar to how it was done in young justice, but overall it fit and didn't ruin it.

Hopefully James Gunn can right the ship, it's damn near the Titanic post iceberg at this point lol but James knows what he's doing, I'm a huge fan of his work and I think that he's going to make an amazing Superman movie that will pull people back to DC. I think if the rumors of Jason mamoa as lobo are true that'll be huge as well, just gotta get batman and the bat family right, and we're in business.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I'm fucking pissed that I didn't see it at the movies... but this shit was way way better then it had any right to be...

I completely agree with you.... I would have rather they pushed this back cause this might be one of my favorite superhero movies..

It's in my top 10.

Like you said.... the family dynamic was Chef's kiss... Normally i hate when the movie has the family join in randomly and they come in saving the day..

but it felt so natural... they showed the family dynamic from jump... So when their Jamie got taken.... Of course they are going to go save him.

And I love how it just felt different... Like it was smart to use a practical suit and only use CGI for the CGI scenes but practical suit for most of the fighting and because you used an actor that's also a trained fighter.... those scenes felt legit.

My only complaint is that I prefer the male psychotic voice for the suit over the female voice.. but it works here.

I just hate that DC doesn't know what the fuck they are doing...

They have a golden opportunity...... to set up a Scrab or White martian invasion for their own Justice League level event and they just continue to leave house money on the floor.
If they did what you still suggested you niggas would be like " DC tryna be like marvel etc" Dc already to be like marvel the last time and it didn't work. Blue beetle is DCU not dceu and we don't need to wait Another 11 years through 25 movies for an arc to wrap up. We already saw that scarab shit play out in young justice. I don't want to sit through that shit again. James gunn already said they they won't be doing it like marvel where every movie his just a commercial for the next moviem that's what he said but not in those words. The big bad will be revealed in the green lantern series. They know what they are doing.