Blade / Mahershala Ali | Official Thread | Marvel Studios

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Not going to shoot him down, but I don't see him as Blade. I know he's an ex-D1 ball player, so the athleticism is there but HUGE shoes to fill coming behind someone as talented and marital arts trained & focused as Wesley.

Wes choreographed and developed a fair amount of the fight sequences.
We'll have to see how this pans out.

What I'm wondering

but I think how they film it and the choreography can make it work

RED

Rising Star
Registered
Happy for Ali and all....and in a world where Cinematic Blade didnt exist and wasn't the REAL catalyst for the MCU and adult Comic Book Movies (not Iron Man) then Ali would look the part and I'd be excited. BUT we aint in that world and I am PISSED that Marvel didn't for once do the right thing and cast the capable actor instead of trying to cast Thespians for comic book movie roles...Blade is a one-note Vampire slayer NOT Shakespeare, we dont need an Oscar winning actor we need an actor thats capable for doing his own stunts and bringing Blade BACK to the big screen and if its not Wesley it DEFINITELY needs to be MJW. DC is also NOT doing the right thing by not casting Scott Adkins as Batman and instead casting the most boring Vampire in cinematic history as Batman :curse:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I think people want more out of Blade than one-liners breh.

Happy for Ali and all....and in a world where Cinematic Blade didnt exist and wasn't the REAL catalyst for the MCU and adult Comic Book Movies (not Iron Man) then Ali would look the part and I'd be excited. BUT we aint in that world and I am PISSED that Marvel didn't for once do the right thing and cast the capable actor instead of trying to cast Thespians for comic book movie roles...Blade is a one-note Vampire slayer NOT Shakespeare, we dont need an Oscar winning actor we need an actor thats capable for doing his own stunts and bringing Blade BACK to the big screen and if its not Wesley it DEFINITELY needs to be MJW. DC is also NOT doing the right thing by not casting Scott Adkins as Batman and instead casting the most boring Vampire in cinematic history as Batman :curse:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
With Marvel's track record so far, they could cast T.D. Jakes as Blade, and I'd still check it out.

200.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
But see, therein lies the problem....
Part of what made Blade 1 so cool was how gritty the action scenes were. If you have skill, it looks way more realistic than a CGI-fest fight scene. I want it to work but never seeing dude do any action or dance sequences makes me question his ability to pull it off convincingly. Blade The Series was a complete mess because Sticky Fingaz didn't have the physical (or acting) chops to pull Blade off.
I hope it works out.
And anything other than an R-rating is not a true Blade movie.

You know the Blade series for all its fault was NOT horrible Bokeem did well and the writers were surprisingly damn good one of the best twist cliffhanger endings.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
With Marvel's track record so far, they could cast T.D. Jakes as Blade, and I'd still check it out.
Iron man 3 is looking at you like I wouldn't place that bet if I was you... In fact that failure last yr predator movie biggest line was from the makers of iron man 3 and look how that turned out

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In the end (Well...this will probably go at least TEN PAGES!!! LOL),
Ali as BLADE is a done deal.
I'm more curious about who will be the film's director now.

Don't count Kevin Feige out on this.
That Dude knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When were super hero films considered beneath them?

Many Actors (and Directors) consider the genre cookie cutter and silly.
"Beneath" may have been strong a word.
But this has been a sampling of a few from over the years.
Some in this article have had a public aversion to doing anything in the Comic Book genre.
And who here can forget Halle Berry's very public tirade about (initially) playing Storm?
And how Black Comic Book fans essentially went after her?

https://www.cbr.com/a-listers-who-hate-superhero-movies/

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Bullshit....how this nigga gonna be Cottonmouth AND Blade.....where my nigga Wesley at :hmm:

Late posting in this thread so someone else has probably commented that Sniped had a meeting with Marvel months ago. It would be hard to not have Snipes not involved being how successful Blade was. I can see Wesley being the vampire who bit Blades mom or possibly being Wiskler. Frost could work but I wouldn't make Wesley the villain after being the protagonist in the previous films.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Late posting in this thread so someone else has probably commented that Sniped had a meeting with Marvel months ago. It would be hard to not have Snipes not involved being how successful Blade was. I can see Wesley being the vampire who bit Blades mom or possibly being Wiskler. Frost could work but I wouldn't make Wesley the villain after being the protagonist in the previous films.

Nah I'm not cool with that at all...better make it like Looper or something where Wesley is a blade from the future or a different universe or something.....but I get it kinda if it was Wesley you almost gotta make it Rated R

Silencer

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've had some good laughs the last few days thanks to folks on the internet getting in their feelings and acting like only one actor can play this character. Saw someone on facebook write "You replace Blade, but if they replaced Rambo white people would riot!" :hmm: :rolleyes: :lol:

ALL these characters will be played by more than one actor eventually. Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Wolverine...the list goes on. Just like we've had multiple mofos play Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc.

Seeing Blade interact with other superheroes is one of the things I'm looking forward to. Just like we finally have that with Spider-man thanks to the deal with Sony, and soon we'll see that with Fantastic Four and the X-Men characters now that the mouse owns Fox.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I was thinking maybe Idris Elba would be a better blade until I saw these clips. Only thing I wonder about, is the fighting, and if can he pull that off?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Marvel's Blade Reboot Gets a New Title in the MCU
The new title for Marvel's Blade reboot has now been revealed and is oddly reminiscent of another famous vampire hunter.

• 6.9kSHARES
Announced during Marvel's San Diego Comic-Con 2019 appearance, there have been very few developments on the studio's Blade reboot. Well, things are finally starting to move forward, and following yesterday's announcement that Watchmen writer Stacy Osei-Kuffour has now been tapped to write the Blade script for the long-awaited movie, the official title has now been reportedly revealed to be Blade, The Vampire Slayer.
The lengthier title (which is oddly reminiscent of another famous vampire hunter) has likely been applied in order to differentiate Marvel's take on the Daywalker to that of the popular Wesley Snipes led franchise.

RELATED:Marvel's Blade Reboot Brings in Watchmen Writer Stacy Osei-Kuffour
Very little is currently known about Blade, The Vampire Slayer, with Oscar winning actor Mahershala Ali the only actor attached to the project so far. Earlier this year, the Moonlight and Alita: Battle Angel star explained why he was drawn to the titular role of this comic book character in particular saying, "Since they were having conversations about bringing it back into being, I just wanted to be considered for it because I had definitely a connection, at least in my mind, to Wesley Snipes going back to high school."
"I just brought it up as someone who really wanted to take on that [Blade] role and tackle that...I love that it's darker," he continued. "That's all in terms of tone. He's a little bit darker than some of the other ones and so that element was attractive to me."
Ali has been pushing for the role for years now, with the actor keen to re-join the MCU following his standout performance as Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes in Marvel Television and Netflix's Luke Cage. "I did this Marvel show for Netflix called Luke Cage. So in doing that show, the day it premiered, I had turned to my agent, and I had said, 'What are they doing with Blade?' Because I kept hearing they were trying to find a way to remake and put it back together," the actor previously revealed. "And it was exciting for me to get to be in that Marvel space and TV, but for me, my goal had always been film. But also, being able to participate in television in a very specific way that had real meaning, but my larger goal was to be able to really navigate between film and television."

While plot details remain unknown, Blade, The Vampire Slayer will likely reset the franchise, and tell all-new adventures of the part-vampire, part-mortal man who becomes a vampire hunter to protect the human race. Though he has all their strengths and none of their weaknesses, Blade does still require blood to survive, creating an internal struggle that is often ripe for drama.
Stacy Osei-Kuffour, who has now been brought on board to write the script for Blade, The Vampire Slayer, already has some experience with the genre, having worked on HBO's critically acclaimed Watchmen series. In addition to Watchmen, Osei-Kuffour has also written for Hulu's coming-of-age comedy, Pen15, which earned her an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series.
No release date has yet been announced for Blade, The Vampire Slayer, but clues from the recent Disney Investor Day event suggest it could hit theaters in 2022, between sequels Black Panther II and Captain Marvel 2. This comes to us courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter. @apexform on Instagram brings this awesome looking fan-made teaser art.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

Marvel's Blade Reboot Gets a New Title in the MCU
The new title for Marvel's Blade reboot has now been revealed and is oddly reminiscent of another famous vampire hunter.

• 6.9kSHARES
Announced during Marvel's San Diego Comic-Con 2019 appearance, there have been very few developments on the studio's Blade reboot. Well, things are finally starting to move forward, and following yesterday's announcement that Watchmen writer Stacy Osei-Kuffour has now been tapped to write the Blade script for the long-awaited movie, the official title has now been reportedly revealed to be Blade, The Vampire Slayer.
The lengthier title (which is oddly reminiscent of another famous vampire hunter) has likely been applied in order to differentiate Marvel's take on the Daywalker to that of the popular Wesley Snipes led franchise.

RELATED:Marvel's Blade Reboot Brings in Watchmen Writer Stacy Osei-Kuffour
Very little is currently known about Blade, The Vampire Slayer, with Oscar winning actor Mahershala Ali the only actor attached to the project so far. Earlier this year, the Moonlight and Alita: Battle Angel star explained why he was drawn to the titular role of this comic book character in particular saying, "Since they were having conversations about bringing it back into being, I just wanted to be considered for it because I had definitely a connection, at least in my mind, to Wesley Snipes going back to high school."
"I just brought it up as someone who really wanted to take on that [Blade] role and tackle that...I love that it's darker," he continued. "That's all in terms of tone. He's a little bit darker than some of the other ones and so that element was attractive to me."
Ali has been pushing for the role for years now, with the actor keen to re-join the MCU following his standout performance as Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes in Marvel Television and Netflix's Luke Cage. "I did this Marvel show for Netflix called Luke Cage. So in doing that show, the day it premiered, I had turned to my agent, and I had said, 'What are they doing with Blade?' Because I kept hearing they were trying to find a way to remake and put it back together," the actor previously revealed. "And it was exciting for me to get to be in that Marvel space and TV, but for me, my goal had always been film. But also, being able to participate in television in a very specific way that had real meaning, but my larger goal was to be able to really navigate between film and television."

While plot details remain unknown, Blade, The Vampire Slayer will likely reset the franchise, and tell all-new adventures of the part-vampire, part-mortal man who becomes a vampire hunter to protect the human race. Though he has all their strengths and none of their weaknesses, Blade does still require blood to survive, creating an internal struggle that is often ripe for drama.
Stacy Osei-Kuffour, who has now been brought on board to write the script for Blade, The Vampire Slayer, already has some experience with the genre, having worked on HBO's critically acclaimed Watchmen series. In addition to Watchmen, Osei-Kuffour has also written for Hulu's coming-of-age comedy, Pen15, which earned her an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series.
No release date has yet been announced for Blade, The Vampire Slayer, but clues from the recent Disney Investor Day event suggest it could hit theaters in 2022, between sequels Black Panther II and Captain Marvel 2. This comes to us courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter. @apexform on Instagram brings this awesome looking fan-made teaser art.

I don't know how I feel about adding, "the Vampire Slayer" being added. I think that'll have to grow on me to not think Buffy... :dunno: