Blade / Mahershala Ali | Official Thread | Marvel Studios

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Y'all crazy if yall think Micheal j white can play blade. He can do blade stunt doubles lol. Leave Micheal j white with spawn and black dynamite lol.

Last edited:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Y'all crazy if yall think Micheal j white can play blade. He can do blade stunt the doubles lol. Leave Micheal j white with spawn and black dynamite lol.

Right? It's like people can't see he that he can't act. I love the man's action skills but he has little to no range as an actor.

Name recognition..same reason they keep putting Beyonce in films.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Right? It's like people can't see he that he can't act. I love the man's action skills but he has little to know range as an actor.

Name recognition..same reason they keep putting Beyonce in films.
Lol jai white as blade would be a same emotion martial artist... Let's kick vampire ass... I'm a daywalker... My mom died when I was born... Same face same voice no emotions lol

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He damn near looks like blade in alita battle angel, perfect casting. Marvel will make the action dope regardless of his skill.
But see, therein lies the problem....
Part of what made Blade 1 so cool was how gritty the action scenes were. If you have skill, it looks way more realistic than a CGI-fest fight scene. I want it to work but never seeing dude do any action or dance sequences makes me question his ability to pull it off convincingly. Blade The Series was a complete mess because Sticky Fingaz didn't have the physical (or acting) chops to pull Blade off.
I hope it works out.
And anything other than an R-rating is not a true Blade movie.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like this
giphy.gif

now if they just bring in wesely snipes as blades ORIGINAL MENTOR Jamal Afari

image004.jpg

afarijamalblade3.jpg

the wiki:

Afari grew up a daring adventurer on the mean streets of Harlem, fighting vampire foes such as Dracula as a youth with only his amazing combatant abilities. This gained him honorable respect from many other street dwellers. Over time, Jamal began to give up his young life as a dark adventurer and learned to play the jazz horn with exceptional skill. This happiness was proved short-lived due to Afari's later drug abuse, and he was soon sent to a hospital to get over his addiction. After Jamal's recovery, the former vampire slayer was ready to give up on his life completely, when one night a ruthless band of vampires attacked his home. During the battle, a nine year old Blade arrived on the scene to help Afari battle the villains. Together the vampires were defeated. Jamal thought that this was a sign he should continue his adventuring life, and he became the mentor of Blade and taught the hero everything he knew about fighting. Over time, Blade became very skilled in this practice. Afari would always test his skills for training, hunting, and patrolling, and he taught the young man.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I like this
giphy.gif

image004.jpg

afarijamalblade3.jpg

the wiki:

Afari grew up a daring adventurer on the mean streets of Harlem, fighting vampire foes such as Dracula as a youth with only his amazing combatant abilities. This gained him honorable respect from many other street dwellers. Over time, Jamal began to give up his young life as a dark adventurer and learned to play the jazz horn with exceptional skill. This happiness was proved short-lived due to Afari's later drug abuse, and he was soon sent to a hospital to get over his addiction. After Jamal's recovery, the former vampire slayer was ready to give up on his life completely, when one night a ruthless band of vampires attacked his home. During the battle, a nine year old Blade arrived on the scene to help Afari battle the villains. Together the vampires were defeated. Jamal thought that this was a sign he should continue his adventuring life, and he became the mentor of Blade and taught the hero everything he knew about fighting. Over time, Blade became very skilled in this practice. Afari would always test his skills for training, hunting, and patrolling, and he taught the young man.
This should be snipes

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like this
giphy.gif

image004.jpg

afarijamalblade3.jpg

the wiki:

Interesting... I could see Wesley in this role ...

Prefect first scene of Wesley doing his Blade thing, quote some famous lines while getting attacked and 9 yr old Ali showing up to help... Then cut to present day MCU Blade...

Best way to pay homage to the original actor and flims...

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I thought the brother who played bushmaster in Luke cage would have been a better choice

Nah see I'm cool with the casting.....if the original Blade wasn't already out there!!!! Like people talk about Logan and Deadpool but not only did Blade show a R-Rated super hero movie could work but a comic book movie but he kicked off alot of these marvel movies period....like the first time I saw the page flipping Marvel logo was Blade 2 trailer on quicktime/apple.

The jump from Blade to Blade 2 is like Terminator to Terminator 2 or Alien to Aliens......like those first two movies were that good.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Y'all really thought they were going to choose some b movie actor to play Blade just because he looks the part? They dont even want to acknowledge the existence of that abomination with Sticky Fingas.

Wesley Snipes is his own worst enemy, if he was easier to work with he probably would have got the part again, especially with all the social media hype about how good he was.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Prefect first scene of Wesley doing his Blade thing, quote some famous lines while getting attacked and 9 yr old Ali showing up to help... Then cut to present day MCU Blade...

That's some BULLJIVE......they already made him a co star in his own movie in Blade Trinity now he gonna take a backseat again? Fuck all that.

They better do a Looper type story where Ali is the present Blade and Snipes is the future blade or something if they have Wesley in it.

Pipe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wonder how much Steven Dorff had to do with this...

He worked with Wesley on Blade and with Ali on True Detective. Did he gas Ali up and tell that he should be the new Blade?

BATMAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Love this idea

Heist

Rising Star
Registered

Not going to shoot him down, but I don't see him as Blade. I know he's an ex-D1 ball player, so the athleticism is there but HUGE shoes to fill coming behind someone as talented and marital arts trained & focused as Wesley.

Wes choreographed and developed a fair amount of the fight sequences.
We'll have to see how this pans out.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
That's some BULLJIVE......they already made him a co star in his own movie in Blade Trinity now he gonna take a backseat again? Fuck all that.

They better do a Looper type story where Ali is the present Blade and Snipes is the future blade or something if they have Wesley in it.

It was not not Snipes film, he was just a paid employee.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You have to admire Kevin Feige.
As a Comic Book FAN, not a bean counter, working the Hollywood grind, Dude had a vision.
And he patiently got to this point of power.
Casting big-name actors for roles and a genre that were once considered beneath them.
And had no fear of diversity either.

Mahershala Ali?
As BLADE????

AAAAAAWWWWWW SHIT!!!

And it better be "R" rated too.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
In a quite brilliant interview with The A.V. Club, Patton Oswaltrevealed that all wasn't well on the set of Blade: Trinity, and Wesley Snipes doesn't come out of it well at all.

"He wouldn't come out of his trailer and he would smoke weed all day," Oswalt told The A.V. Club. "Then I remember one day on the set - they let everyone pick their own clothes - there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word 'Garbage' on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt. And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him. But he comes on and goes, 'There’s only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says ‘Garbage?’ You racist motherfucker!' And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer."

Oswalt recalls that Snipes would stay in character throughout the whole shoot for the film, and when Oswalt introduced himself, Snipes simply said "I'm Blade." Furthermore, "a lot of the lines that Ryan Reynolds has were just a result of Wesley not being there."

It all came to a head when Wesley Snipes apparently sat down with David Goyer and said, according to Oswalt, "I think you need to quit. You're detrimental to this movie." And apparently, Goyer's response was "Why don't you quit? We've got all your close-ups and we could shoot the rest with your stand-in."

"And that freaked Wesley out so much that, for the rest of the production, he would only communicate with the director through Post-it notes. And he would sign each Post-it note 'From Blade'."

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
You have to admire Kevin Feige.
As a Comic Book FAN, not a bean counter, working the Hollywood grind, Dude had a vision.
And he patiently got to this point of power.
Casting big-name actors for roles and a genre that were once considered beneath them.
And had no fear of diversity either.

Mahershala Ali?
As BLADE????

AAAAAAWWWWWW SHIT!!!

And it better be "R" rated too.

When were super hero films considered beneath them?

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
In a quite brilliant interview with The A.V. Club, Patton Oswaltrevealed that all wasn't well on the set of Blade: Trinity, and Wesley Snipes doesn't come out of it well at all.

"He wouldn't come out of his trailer and he would smoke weed all day," Oswalt told The A.V. Club. "Then I remember one day on the set - they let everyone pick their own clothes - there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word 'Garbage' on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt. And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him. But he comes on and goes, 'There’s only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says ‘Garbage?’ You racist motherfucker!' And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer."

Oswalt recalls that Snipes would stay in character throughout the whole shoot for the film, and when Oswalt introduced himself, Snipes simply said "I'm Blade." Furthermore, "a lot of the lines that Ryan Reynolds has were just a result of Wesley not being there."

It all came to a head when Wesley Snipes apparently sat down with David Goyer and said, according to Oswalt, "I think you need to quit. You're detrimental to this movie." And apparently, Goyer's response was "Why don't you quit? We've got all your close-ups and we could shoot the rest with your stand-in."

"And that freaked Wesley out so much that, for the rest of the production, he would only communicate with the director through Post-it notes. And he would sign each Post-it note 'From Blade'."

:lol: