Black Men NOT supporting Black Woman for LA Mayor - Its ICE CUBE's FAULT

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
"I ain't voting for Bernie, all the shyt he's talking! Who's gonna pay for all that?! I'mma vote for the broad that apparently keeps hot sauce in her purse." And then the majority of folks just stayed home!?!?!

I didn't care for Bernie, how he refused to address the racist tendencies of his supporters or how we thought the issues black folk face in this country were related to wealth and economics only but, had he won the primary, I would have voted for him.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Evangelicals have a SuperPac, Police have a SuperPAC, Companies that run Prisons have a SuperPAC. All of them are ran by white people, so they aren't going to do shyt for us! Why haven't Creflo or TD Jakes started a SuperPAC? We get more police officers, then this will give us more police in higher positions and in Unions so now WE'RE running the Police SuperPAC. STOP THESE DUMB ASS GET RICH QUICK SCHEMES AND WE AREN'T FILLING THE PRISON SYSTEMS (this is not to say that we do not have a school to prison pipeline problem in this country, but this isn't the thread for that at the moment)

Individuals making these changes add up to BIG changes in how we move this country forward.
It's like 99% of our celebrity, evangelical, and political class are sellouts who carry water for the Dems.
Jay Z is hosting an event in the coming weeks and it's a who's who of "blue checks " who have all done questionable actions at one time or another.
Smh

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ON DAY ONE, RICK WILL:
  • Declare a State of Emergency. Declare a State of Emergency that won’t end until we Clean Up LA. Rick will activate the Emergency Management Department to immediately begin work on activating emergency powers, funds, and plans.
  • Demand State and Federal Response. Demand assistance from the Governor, State Legislature, and Federal government in providing emergency funding, shelters, and case workers to help our veterans and others who need assistance with mental health or addiction treatment.
  • Stop the City Council from Standing in the Way. Prevent the City Council from micromanaging decisions relating to shelter or housing siting, funding, or other decisions that prevent people from getting shelter.
  • Elevate a Citywide Homelessness Coordinator. Immediately, through Executive Order, create a Department of Homeless Housing and appoint a Citywide Homelessness Coordinator to manage all City efforts, including those of the Police and Fire Departments, Emergency Management Department, Housing Department, Sanitation Department, and other agencies to immediately begin focusing all efforts on Cleaning Up LA and getting people housed, fed, into treatment, and off our streets.
Bass_HomelessnessLA_010622_1200x1200_Alternative-1.png

She has a whole page dedicated to solving it.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
ON DAY ONE, RICK WILL:
  • Declare a State of Emergency. Declare a State of Emergency that won’t end until we Clean Up LA. Rick will activate the Emergency Management Department to immediately begin work on activating emergency powers, funds, and plans.
  • Demand State and Federal Response. Demand assistance from the Governor, State Legislature, and Federal government in providing emergency funding, shelters, and case workers to help our veterans and others who need assistance with mental health or addiction treatment.
  • Stop the City Council from Standing in the Way. Prevent the City Council from micromanaging decisions relating to shelter or housing siting, funding, or other decisions that prevent people from getting shelter.
  • Elevate a Citywide Homelessness Coordinator. Immediately, through Executive Order, create a Department of Homeless Housing and appoint a Citywide Homelessness Coordinator to manage all City efforts, including those of the Police and Fire Departments, Emergency Management Department, Housing Department, Sanitation Department, and other agencies to immediately begin focusing all efforts on Cleaning Up LA and getting people housed, fed, into treatment, and off our streets.
Bass_HomelessnessLA_010622_1200x1200_Alternative-1.png

She has a whole page dedicated to solving it.

I'm curious,why Los Angeles has so many homeless people.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Men are the backbone of the family and community, sweetie.
Historical black women in cooperation with black men are the backbone of the family & the community. I say this as a father who has successfully raised kids to adulthood with a black woman.

We as Black men can't allow ourselves to be manipulated into beefing with our chief partner & ally, the black woman.

The Dixiecrats do need to be checked, but the Repugnants need to be checkmated.

My whole family voted for Karen Bass, it was a no brainer. Fuck snoop & all the rest of the sellouts who supported yet another wealthy 1% CAC to run for office. Da fuck?

Karen Bass started the Community Coalition which has done great organizing & institution building in South LA. They progressive black & brown people working together for the community. We not fooled by Caruso's well-funded slander campaign.

Karen Bass is the real deal they didn't want to be VP (Dems or repub). Look her up & CoCo (community coalition) for yourself, don't go by deceptive campaign ads.

LA being gentrified, the Caruso camp trying to get the white vote with the "clean up" the city code talk. Most chicano/Latinos here know the deal, this ain't Miami. Caruso got no chance if we handle business.

We got to show real love toward each other rather than acting brokenhearted in a house divided (crab barrel). We got to make a future for ourselves and not wait on politicians & political parties. Party politics & Voting, while critical, are not the ultimate solution. voting is not enough. We have to really get engaged with each other and work to solve our problems and build the families, communities, & nation we Invision. We got to establish common ground & build together & with allies.

Last edited:

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brothers are shifting to the GOP. I understand that the dems don't deliver, but the moderates and conservatives openly hate us. It's odd... We are odd...
It's not odd. There's only two parties. That's it. If you start feeling neglected and disappointed in one you're probably going to start listening to what the other has to say.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And what, exactly, are they saying?
I think a lot of black Americans have become disillusioned with the Dems and are picking and choosing parts of the GOP platform that they rock with and going from there. Bush was able to grab 11% in '04 just by appealing to church going blacks. I'm NOT saying blacks should vote Republican. But I do see how some of their stances appeal to a certain segment of our community.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think a lot of black Americans have become disillusioned with the Dems and are picking and choosing parts of the GOP platform that they rock with and going from there. Bush was able to grab 11% in '04 just by appealing to church going blacks. I'm NOT saying blacks should vote Republican. But I do see how some of their stances appeal to a certain segment of our community.
example??

b_visionary

Seeing booty, imagining shit.
BGOL Patreon Investor
It's not odd. There's only two parties. That's it. If you start feeling neglected and disappointed in one you're probably going to start listening to what the other has to say.
But you absolutely know that one option is pure crap. Why even consider it?

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor
Democrats favor faggots, hoes, and bitches.
The only time they mentioned Black men was when Obama threw us under the bus during his Father's day address.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's like 99% of our celebrity, evangelical, and political class are sellouts who carry water for the Dems.
Jay Z is hosting an event in the coming weeks and it's a who's who of "blue checks " who have all done questionable actions at one time or another.
Smh

And that's my point! This shyt is a game! White celebrities play the game. White churches play the game. White politicians play the game. But we don't, ours has the; "Republicans buy shoes too..." mentality. So if there is a game to be played and the black counterparts don't play the game the same way, why aren't we putting this same pressure on them? Muhamad Ali, Lena Horne, Harry Belafonte, Sidney Poitier all put it on the line. NOBODY does that now! Look I am not looking to tell grown ass people what to do with their money, we have GOT to play this game, sitting around with a thumb up our collective asses trying these division tactics, not voting and infighting aren't gonna cut it.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Faggots in this thread trying to defend being open the a political party that has people thinking like this.

Between the incel excuse of "all they do is talk about Black women" and the coonish desire of others to be seen as "not like you other Negros" a bunch of y'all in this thread are lost.

Damn Jack del Rio is a fucking idiot, good for the Commanders. They deserve his simple ass.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Camille, their aim must be to burn this muthafucka down! They never promote GOP policies that would benefit us...bunch of suicidal mofos!!!
If anyone doesn’t want this society to collapse, they are pro-white.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What power is there in voting for the establishment democrat by default with no expectations?
Karan Bass is not establishment and the expectation is at least "do no harm".

Shit is simple, vote for best candidate for your interest at election time. All other times, organize & work to gain justice & power. Which should resulting in better candidates.

Repugnants don't want you to vote at all and do all kinds of shyt to deny you the vote. Sadly/unbelievably/hilariously you go a step farther and argue to vote for them to spite Dixiecrats. You playing yourself.

There is a power struggle in the democratic party b/w the Clintonites (Dixiecrats = repugnants in democratic drag) and the progressives democracy's. Karen Bass not a Dixiecrat. She understands & is fighting our beef within the Democrats. There is no progressive wing of the Republican party, Ice cube found this out, his heart was in the right place, he been silent since. Now he being equated with opportunitist like snoop.

The LA Times writer is generating views for her article by bringing up rich black celebrity influencers. If she wasn't a journalist, we say she attention whoring.

She could have just said black men are being neglected & marginalized by the democratic party and there is growing discontent, which may effect mayoral election.

The well being of black men is not an issue in the Republican party. Democrats dissed Ice Cube platform & he went to the Repugnants thinking they would be kinder & gentler. Nope. Tough lesson to learn... yet again, that the way forward is not exclusively through party politics.

This is chess, not checkers, no halos, no feelings. hurt feelings cloud your perspective, don't get mad, get even. Don't cut your nose to spite your face.

p.s. I'm not a Republican nor democrat & got sense enough to know it.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm curious,why Los Angeles has so many homeless people.
Its the weather, the wealth inequality, the unaffordable cost of living, new Jim crow incarceration aftermath & other Reagan era policies, surrounding cities, counties & hospitals funneling people with mental issues to LA county/city.

This 40 year homelessness trend is the aftermath of Reaganomics & the Republican revolution. Homelessness was the canary in the coal mine, now it's out of control & the state of this society is a reflection of ignoring the warning signs. Still people hold on to the beliefs that have reduced America to trumpland:

* Capitalism over democracy
* Business can run society better than private sector
* Social Welfare is bad
* Unions bad
* Law & Order rhetoric over true justice
* Trickle down economics
* No sympathy or compassion for Black people's fight for justice, equality, pursuit of happiness

Last edited:

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Shit is simple, vote for best candidate for your interest at election time. All other times, organize & work to gain justice & power. Which should resulting in better candidates.

I totally agree. But what if you think the best candidate is a moderate, or....a republican (gasp!)?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is a damn shame. It just shows that Black men prefer bombastic white macho characters. As a majority they sure as hell ain't progressive. I am, but I guess I am an anomaly. Just fucked up on so many levels.

Reactions: BKF

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I totally agree. But what if you think the best candidate is a moderate, or....a republican (gasp!)?
Well it all depends. Is this a local or a national election?
I've voted for republicans in local elections because they aligned with my interest. Those Republicans that I did vote for weren't wacky Bible thumpers, didn't present themselves as racist, weren't apathetic to the plight of the less fortunate, etc...

I myself much perfer candidates that are moderate but not just moderate for the sake of being a moderate. I like a person that can take multiple sides and try to come up with the best solution vs believing their particularly ideology is the only way.

Republicans on the national level are too aligned with the wacky shit for me to vote for them.

Last edited:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
This is a damn shame. It just shows that Black men prefer bombastic white macho characters. As a majority they sure as hell ain't progressive. I am, but I guess I am an anomaly. Just fucked up on so many levels.
I'm sure there are some sincere black men who actually believe in what they're saying (e.g. Clarence Thomas type) but far too many if you listen to them are just being contraraians.

Last edited:

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
I've voted for republicans in local election because they alignment with my interests. Those Republicans that I did vote for weren't wacky Bible thumpers, didn't present themselves as racist, weren't apathetic to plight of the less fortunate, etc...

Why is it you've never spoken up when the rabid democrips on here say things like ALL republicans are racist?

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Why is it you've never spoken up when the rabid democrips on here say things like ALL republicans are racist?
Shit they may all be racist. I said the one's I voted for didn't present themselves as such. That doesn't mean they aren't racist.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Cornel West was on Real Time last night and this was touched on briefly. Cornel doesn't really care for Biden, doesnt think he is an inspiring choice. Biden is what came out of the primaries tho so...