Black Men NOT supporting Black Woman for LA Mayor - Its ICE CUBE's FAULT

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
"In retrospect, I missed the first sign that L.A. mayoral candidate Rep. Karen Bass might have some trouble hanging onto support from Black men.

It came in the middle of May, when legendary Long Beach rapper Snoop Dogg decided to reach out to her main opponent, the billionaire developer and former Republican Rick Caruso, and offer up his endorsement. “You got my support,” he told Caruso over Zoom, TV news cameras documenting the exchange. “We’re a part of whatever you’re a part of, as far as bringing love to the community.”

A few days later, there was another sign. I missed that one, too.

Clarence Avant, the revered music industry mogul who introduced then-Sen. Barack Obama to Southern California’s political and entertainment circles, also endorsed Caruso. The 91-year-old, whose wife, Jacqueline, was murdered last year during an invasion of their Beverly Hills home, left it to the candidate to break the news.

Weeks later, it’s now clear that these two Black men have plenty of company.

Is it just sexism? Or perhaps a related desire to uphold the patriarchy, given that Bass would be the first woman to be mayor of L.A.?

It can’t be racism. No, I believe the answer has to do with what I’m calling the “Ice Cube effect.” ( :rolleyes: )

I was hoping to talk to Black men who planned to cast their ballots for Caruso. Instead, I found a bunch of irritated Bass voters who nevertheless understood why their fellow Black men would do such a thing. They told me many Black men are disillusioned and fed up with status quo. They don’t believe another politician can fix anything in Los Angeles. So why not give Caruso a shot?

Some were like Willie, who told me he used to vote regularly, but stopped because he doesn’t believe a politician — any politician — can solve his problems.

“You can work and your wife can or your child can work. The dogs can work. The rats and the roaches even working, and you still cannot afford to stay in a studio apartment in South Los Angeles,” he told me, taking a break from selling used DVDs and books out of his minivan.

He continued, his voice rising: “And when was the last time you heard a politician say ‘Black man’? When they think of the Black community, they think of Black women or Black children. They don’t really think of us.”"

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude is gonna win, I expect maybe 5% or 8% drop off in BM voting, not enough for the Presidential level but for the states it will make a difference, combined with Cali and Hispanics, I expect a tight race.

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered
Brothers are shifting to the GOP. I understand that the dems don't deliver, but the moderates and conservatives openly hate us. It's odd... We are odd...

It’s also pretty telling that they mention Snoop, Cube and some other music mogul.

‘I hate to break the news people, but although still black, these people have priced out of sharing your interests.

I’m sure these dudes aren’t concerned w minimum wage laws, affordable housing and job opportunities.

I hate to play name politics, but if u think someone named Caruso has ur best interest at heart, we’re losing

Carry on….

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

Chickens voting for colonel Sanders :smh: :smh:

They must have operatives everywhere to say some bold shit like this...aren't Black men the Dems strongest voting block after Black women (despite the impression the media tries to give)?...far more likely for Black men to not vote at all than to vote for them...seems like a misdirection...wonder what Bannon is planning?

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
“You can work and your wife can or your child can work. The dogs can work. The rats and the roaches even working, and you still cannot afford to stay in a studio apartment in South Los Angeles,” he told me, taking a break from selling used DVDs and books out of his minivan.
:confused:

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Snoop voted for the very first time in 2020 and has the nerve to be endorsing people

And voters are dumb as fuck

Some of them think their Governor is on the Mayoral ballot. Just wow.

Trevor is right, If an LA Mayoral candidate had their name printed on blunt paper, they might have a guaranteed victory :lol:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well Democrats think black entertainers are our leaders so it kinda makes sense :dunno:

yep...only democrats think like that..

kanye-west-running-for-president.jpg

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well Democrats think black entertainers are our leaders so it kinda makes sense :dunno:

Basically, both "sides" use us it's our job to figure out who get's us the most. Uplifting women and children honestly hurts men, same dudes on that PC talking and all that POC talk when they alone it gets real. People are walking up to the fact that 90% of our daily conversation is just fake trash meant not to step on any toes but black people are realizing our toes are always stepped on.

Wow so now grown men are mad because they say women and children first? :smh:

Yep, GOP brings up white males first for a reason buddy:roflmao2: