Billions | Showtime Series l discussion thread

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i think it shows that he cant control his impulses
he is going to slip up again
and i know that @ViCiouS said it would just be an embarrassment
but this america we have plenty of politicians lose their job over sex scandles
I don't think it was poor impulse control...
imo - He felt like shit for what he was doing to the farmer , and sought punishment (pay attention to what he tells his wife)
him visiting an s&m club but not participating with anyone else isn't a scandal...
he can create 100 excuses easily - so far in the story he is very faithful to his wife and she has his back - so they can squash any story of him laying on the floor of an s&m club alone

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought about Chuck being caught, but he was in Iowa. Not many in Iowa will know Chuck Rhodes, the US attorney for the Southern District of New York.

Sometimes there are Christian Right Groups that log, film, and take pictures of clients & license plates going into and out of seedy establishments or areas.

Just to embarrass them later

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://brudavideo.com/video/26761/malin-akerman-billions-s01e05/

http://brudavideo.com/video/25514/malin-akerman-billions-s01e03/

brudavideo-2016-02-15-10h40m39s592.jpg

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
I don't like the way that motherfucker was making eyes at my woman.

On the real, though, it did look like a few times she was trying to get fucked, especially in the bar when she got tipsy. Wonder if there's any chance we see her naked?

Screen-Shot-2015-08-11-at-1.45.05-PM.jpg

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Thanks BGOL for getting me hip to this.

Paul Giamatti is a beast in his role. "Does anyone ever check you on your bullshit???"

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

On the real, though, it did look like a few times she was trying to get fucked, especially in the bar when she got tipsy. Wonder if there's any chance we see her naked?

It seems more like she's trying to make some sort of come up play.Her whole speech about trying to become president had me thinking she's secretly trying to play chess.
I don't know her end game but she plotting on something more than sex.
Worst case scenario the whole thing back fires on her and she still got her trust fund money her family left her to fall back on.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
It seems more like she's trying to make some sort of come up play.Her whole speech about trying to become president had me thinking she's secretly trying to play chess.
I don't know her end game but she plotting on something more than sex.
Worst case scenario the whole thing back fires on her and she still got her trust fund money her family left her to fall back on.

I really hope so...kinda predictable having her fall for dude

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really hope so...kinda predictable having her fall for dude
Yeah if it was sex dude could have hit right after smashing the other chick when he came back and she was still at the bar.
I love this show though.Wish it had a brother on there representing though.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Yeah if it was sex dude could have hit right after smashing the other chick when he came back and she was still at the bar.
I love this show though.Wish it had a brother on there representing though.

na I think if they do go that route they're gonna have them have a more meaningful relationship than what dude had w/ the white chic...you could see them bonding vs. him just fucking the white chic and coming right back downstairs...so he's not gonna push up on her under those circumstances...I honestly don't think they're gonna have her missing w/ him on some angle shit...although that would be an interesting twist

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
na I think if they do go that route they're gonna have them have a more meaningful relationship than what dude had w/ the white chic...you could see them bonding vs. him just fucking the white chic and coming right back downstairs...so he's not gonna push up on her under those circumstances...I honestly don't think they're gonna have her missing w/ him on some angle shit...although that would be an interesting twist
Just the nature of the show and her high political aspirations I still think she got something up her sleeve.
Politics and Wall St is filled with shady ass people with motives.
In the case it ends up them being in a real relationship I still got dude doing her dirty later on.

Reactions: LSN

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
Great episode. Really clearly drawn lines between the two leads. They're are so much the same man, yet driven by different ideologies. That showdown at the end between Axe and Chuck... :yes: brilliantly edited. Nice slow build and so well-acted I couldn't tell who got the better of it: Axe for throwing a $1.9 billion check in the face of a United States Attorney, or Chuck for goading him into it.

I'm with Axe. I wouldn't have signed that shit, either, the way those motherfuckers came in sneering.

It's great storytelling that I don't know how it's going to play out. The scene at the end where Axe leaves his driver at the side of the road and goes speeding down the highway with the top down signals an ego rife for a fall. But Chuck faux re-cusing himself is going to bring him a whole set of problems.

Only complaint was I thought I was finally going to see Maggie Siff's titties. They were looking nice and fat under that robe. I should've known... :angry:

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
I liked it. I didn't understand the wife and Axe in the pool. Because she came there he trusted her? He had dude bring her? Was her getting naked meaning he trusted her? None of that made sense. The final meeting was cool but pitiful. Dude played Axe like a damn harmonica. Weak. But when axe got mad lol from that lil bait, hilarious.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Axelrods got some Loyal soldiers man..

Bill wouldn't snitch for shit...The Feds thought they had him...found out about his mistress and his family on the side and threatened to call his wife and blow his whole shit up. His response..."Yeah I thought you might do that...so I wrote a letter to her explaining it *takes out phone and hits "send" right there in the interrogation room*.."I'm keyser soze mother fucker!!!" ..lol damn

The Lawyer had a great point when speaking to Rhodes right hand man. "You all don't understand loyalty in your field...in politics, loyalty is just a convenience..you're loyal to the office for however long the term is...on our side it's a way of life, these guys could make a deal and they may stay out of jail but they'd be dead on the streets...once you rat you're nobody"

Rhodes and them almost had Bobby agree with the deal. they were sitting there in the same room, had the man sitting there ready to give them a cheque for $1.9 billion, but just had to antagonize and needle him to the point he tore the shit up and walked out..the egos on the these dudes are crazy

can't wait to see what Axe has in store for Chucky...his wife's comments to him seemed like a bit of foreshadowing "bobby comes from nothing so he has no problem going back to it, and he will take whoever is opposing him down with him and make them fear losing it all..and a lot of people can't cope with that risk"

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I liked it. I didn't understand the wife and Axe in the pool. Because she came there he trusted her? He had dude bring her? Was her getting naked meaning he trusted her? None of that made sense. The final meeting was cool but pitiful. Dude played Axe like a damn harmonica. Weak. But when axe got mad lol from that lil bait, hilarious.

nah man, that was nothing but a photo op for leverage against Rhodes. I have a feeling he or the office might be getting a picture of that encounter in his mailbox at some point

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Great episode. Really clearly drawn lines between the two leads. They're are so much the same man, yet driven by different ideologies. That showdown at the end between Axe and Chuck... :yes: brilliantly edited. Nice slow build and so well-acted I couldn't tell who got the better of it: Axe for throwing a $1.9 billion check in the face of a United States Attorney, or Chuck for goading him into it.

I'm with Axe. I wouldn't have signed that shit, either, the way those motherfuckers came in sneering.

It's great storytelling that I don't know how it's going to play out. The scene at the end where Axe leaves his driver at the side of the road and goes speeding down the highway with the top down signals an ego rife for a fall. But Chuck faux re-cusing himself is going to bring him a whole set of problems.

top down, blasting rock, and speeding - thats not ego, thats saying fuck-it, I had nothing before and I can go back to it.

nah man, that was nothing but a photo op for leverage against Rhodes. I have a feeling he or the office might be getting a picture of that encounter in his mailbox at some point

the reason for the meeting in hot tub was primarily a trust exercise, Maggie Siff has to trust Axe to meet him under those circumstances, 2nd its the best way to have a conversation without fear of bugs, wiretapping, or a cellphone recording the conversation, and maybe it becomes a photo op to fuck Rhodes later.
Remember the 3 nuclear options Axe's shadow man gave him, frame Rhodes' wife for embezzlement, or set it up as an affair between her and Axe or Axe's number 1 man.

As for the final scenes - Rhodes fucked up.

Axe was saying all episode he wouldn't sign a deal to limit his fund or admit guilt... EVERYONE wore him down over the course of the ep to eventually accepting limiting his fund but before the meeting he said he couldn't admit any guilt...

keep in mind Maggie Siff had told Rhodes 4 very real things:
- Axe plays by rules you don't know
- the only deal that Axe could never accept is to be shut out of trading...
- Axe is excellent at making people act out of character, go off plan, and make mistakes
- he will drag you down with him

In the meeting Axe in addition to the other concessions, he concedes and agrees to admitting guilt, but because of insecurity Rhodes had to rub it in, Axe then shows him how futile and meaningless the agreement really is.
Rhodes then goes off plan - and changes the terms of the agreement to barring Axe from securities trading - already knowing its the one thing Axe wouldn't agree to.

Rhodes fucks up further by recusing himself and creating a backdoor into the case and royally fucks up by lying to his wife about the meeting.
Rhodes has clay feet and doesn't realize how exposed he is by his father - his wife almost saved him in last nights episode...

politicians come and go... money men stay

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't buy that hedge fund guys have an omertà like the mob.
not hedge funds - think financial companies
banks, brokerages, market makers. insurance companies. various trusts and the treasury department of every multinational corporation... and the former employees that end up working in the government.

These people do not talk... the money is too good -if they go to jail its a country club, but they will still be taken care of financially. If they talk they will be frozen out of the money. If a person with truly sensitive information looks like they will talk their family members get in sticky situations... failing that the person will be killed - it will be made to look like a car accident plane crash or heart attack etc

This show is barely scratching the surface.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

hopefully she'll get neckid if she hasnt already :lol:.. Tara from SOA already has i think

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Thanks BGOL for getting me hip to this.

Paul Giamatti is a beast in his role. "Does anyone ever check you on your bullshit???"

yeah.

i underestimated him.

i'm used to seeing him in more petty roles like him playing Rudy in the Negotiator.

he's good in a leading role!