BIDEN'S VP PICK: KAMALA HARRIS

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This all day.

I just don't see it. The logic that I have heard a few times now has been that Black women pressured Biden to choose a Black woman since they saved his campaign in SC. The problem is that she was in the same primaries as Biden etc. and dropped out well before South Carolina because of poor numbers (she was trailing Yang at one point). If she was popular with Black women, they would have just voted for her and not Biden. She wouldn't have dropped out before a potentially campaign altering primary if she had a good chance of winning. The other argument I have heard is that she will be popular with suburban white women. If that were actually the case, she wouldn't have been struggling in the primaries leading up to SC.

Just because I am voting for Biden/Harris doesn't mean I am precluded of being critical of both. I am voting against Trump more than I am voting for Biden/Harris.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks for asking.

My problem with all this ADOS shit.
It's basically social media attention whoring done by folks who haven't done the work of a Dr. Ben, Henrik-Clarke, Jefries, Van Sertima, Welshing, Wilson, The Hares, Jeffries, Smalls, etc

These cats like Tariq, Carnell, Umar, Watkins, etc. are doing nothing but making a mockery out of the historians I've mentioned to make some silly name for themselves by tagging the works of those people as something that goes against what those historians were absolutely against.

These Social Media Cats have basically use this information of The African Diaspora and Pan-Africanism to turn many of our folks against one another. Instead of using it as catalyst for building power. All these cats are doing are contributing to inner hate and confusion. This I just find pretty disturbing.

I'm not saying inner-conflict within our diaspora doesn't exist. Of course it does. But I chose not to let it ruin my mindset. Especially in the way I was raised. I decided to use that to strengthen my mentality. Why bother using that info for disruption?

Again,
Thanks for truly asking.
And not being like that idiot.
Who's now following me like some wincing puppy dog.

And for the record,
I would have preferred Nina Turner for VP.
But The Biden Camp I'm sure didn't want any of that smoke.
And stayed with an "Establishment" pick.

I agree about the historical academic disconnect with the ADOS slant. Evolution "should" be built on top of what came before, not tossing it to the wayside as a creation of a new singular Pathway. Attempting to create a new ethnicity off only Black people that can definitively trace ancestry back to American chattel slavery is too limiting. Especially considering how many folks from the islands, from South American and from West Africa were monumental to civil rights legislation in this country. Let alone how much work Black folks in America went around the world to support African liberation.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just don't see it. The logic that I have heard a few times now has been that Black women pressured Biden to choose a Black woman since they saved his campaign in SC. The problem is that she was in the same primaries as Biden etc. and dropped out well before South Carolina because of poor numbers (she was trailing Yang at one point). If she was popular with Black women, they would have just voted for her and not Biden. She wouldn't have dropped out before a potentially campaign altering primary if she had a good chance of winning. The other argument I have heard is that she will be popular with suburban white women. If that were actually the case, she wouldn't have been struggling in the primaries leading up to SC.

Just because I am voting for Biden/Harris doesn't mean I am precluded of being critical of both. I am voting against Trump more than I am voting for Biden/Harris.
But she will be inspirational for young black girls period.

As far as voting goes she is a number 2 she does not harm him more than help him in the election.

But she has the ability to take on many tasks

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
One huge consideration was probably who is the least likely to fuck things up Sarah Palin style. We know for a fact that Kamala can debate on a big stage and do well in interviews. With most of the other women, we assume that they wouldn't fuck things up, but we don't know that for certain.

Warren is the only other one that we know for certain wouldn't fuck things up, but she's an older white lady that has a republican governor, and is from a state that could elect a republican in a special election. The dems might end up with a 50/50 split in the senate, so losing Massachusetts to the republicans could cost them the senate.

Like Joe, Kamala may not be who a lot of people wanted, but she is the safest option.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But she will be inspirational for young black girls period.

As far as voting goes she is a number 2 she does not harm him more than help him in the election.

But she has the ability to take on many tasks

I hope you're right and I am wrong on this because we can't do 4 more years of Trump.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Especially considering how many folks from the islands, from South American and from West Africa were monumental to civil rights legislation in this country. Let alone how much work Black folks in America went around the world to support African liberation.

Supporting worldwide liberation shouldnt mean we shouldnt recognize our lineage and heritage. Black Americans are a unique distinct group that arent immigrants like the other groups you named. And as usual their involvement in our culture and history is OVERSTATED. Prior to 1980 less than 1% of the black US population was non-ADOS. And even to this day make up a little over 10%. Those other groups have their own distinct lineages just like we do. This isnt even anything ground breaking we're doing.

All it is is the folks who rejected their US slave lineage to be PA or rep the Caribbean or Africa full time arent the gatekeepers of blackness in the US anymore. They're outsiders. And ADOS is no longer carrying pan afrikanism for the diaspora. Nobody helped us with shit! We helped them, do not get it twisted. Its a reason black immigrant revolutionairies from the islands and Africa always migrate to us or go to our schools and not the other way around. We have the right to gatekeep our shit like everyone else.

gw1933

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
117444319_10217051971280186_3924217491697749484_n.jpg

buh buh but, she still Black doe........and she gonna push Black agendas in the white house. :rolleyes:

(insert "C'mon son" pic)

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
And just like that.
That's all you continue to have.

Yeah.
Continue to be stupid.

Ignore the fact that The Democrats for the last several months, have thrown Black Men under a bus by creating a political Gender Gap between OUR Men and Women. Though some of OUR people are now starting to see through it.

If they want The Black Male Vote, they are going to have to EARN it.

Ask some of those Black folks in California how they feel about Harris. Ask Cali folks in general how she made deals with Banks during the Foreclosure crisis, and her ignoring of Big Tech takeovers did not benefit "The People".

Yeah.
You're either a "bot".
Or a weak self-serving/hating MORON!

At least 400 years in this country,
Black People in this country have been through way worse than MORON45.
And we are stronger than any election.
I'm not some suddenly "woke ADOS idiot.
I've been on this planet long enough to know History.
Especially Black History.
Because I've been around the Right People who made sure of that.
So to Me, this election is coming off as another "call for desperation".
Which I'm not falling for.
Again, Biden and Harris have to EARN My Vote.

If "your team" doesn't win,
Oh Well.
And if "your team" turns out to be the complete opposite of what you thought,
Then your flunky Weak-ASS is going to be here in these forums try to do everything to save your Dumb face.

And u still ain't voting the worst president in the history of this country out of office.

Your opinion doesn't matter. You are not voting. You are just rambling on an internet barbershop.

You have no impact anywhere.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And u still ain't voting the worst president in the history of this country out of office.

Your opinion doesn't matter. You are not voting. You are just rambling on an internet barbershop.

You have no impact anywhere.

You obviously don't look in the mirror very often.

Until YOUR Candidates have a substantial platform other than getting MORON45 out of office,
You have NOTHING.
And are NOTHING.
Because in all this back and forth, you've come up with NOTHING!
Except as an useless shill who name calls.

Spare Me.

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered

When are people going to realize that he reads off paper anything that's important. It's like they say, "Here Mr. President read this in your briefing." They write all the shit for him to say in those dumb ass briefings. He's a fuckin dumbass that reads off a piece of paper when he speaks on important matters. Just notice how when he's not reading a prepared statement off a piece of paper how fucking brain dead he is. Fucking clown. And they had the fucking nerve to talk about President Obama reading off a teleprompter. Fuck...any one of use can read off a piece fuckin paper. :angry:

Vote this son of ah bitch out!!!! You're Fired!!!!!!!!!!

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

Until YOUR Candidates have a substantial platform other than getting MORON45 out of office,
You have NOTHING.
And are NOTHING.

Spare Me.

And ur opinion still doesn't matter. Because you don't vote.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

Here's the thing. While they may have not seen her as a frontrunner, that doesn't mean she isn't/ wasn't popular among black women, or not. It's knowing your politics, and who you believe will win. Shit.. most black folk didn't believe Obama could win.
Plus black women didn't collectively say you better pick this person, or that person. They collectively said you better pick a black woman.

Last edited:

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered

You have NOTHING.
And are NOTHING.

Spare Me.

THIS MUTHAFUCKA RIGHT HERE!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit.. most black folk didn't believe Obama could win.

That was only true until Iowa when Hillary was still the huge favorite. Prior to Iowa he had little Black support just because nobody thought he could win and Clinton was the safer, pragmatic choice.

Obviously things changed and his victory in Iowa sold the deal but the reasons for the initial lack of support were his "mixed-ancestry" and his legal background. He would not have been elected had Michelle not been Michelle and assuaged a lot of the doubts about him.

My fear is that Harris was being outperformed by Yang at one point before dropping out and never actually won a single primary despite having plenty of money and name recognition. Yes, having someone who identifies as Black would be powerful symbolically, but I don't see white women coming out in droves for her because of that. If Black women were going to come out for her, they would have come out when she was actually running.

Think about this: White women have voted for Republicans in every presidential election except two since 1952.

The only Democrats to win the majority of white women were LBJ in 1964 and Clinton in '96. :smh:

That is why it is silly to me to count on suburban women. Biden/Harris need to focus on getting Black women out to vote and making sure that the Black male vote isn't depressed like it was in 2016. Percentages don't matter if turnout is low.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
That was only true until Iowa when Hillary was still the huge favorite. Prior to Iowa he had little Black support just because nobody thought he could win and Clinton was the safer, pragmatic choice.

Obviously things changed and his victory in Iowa sold the deal but the reasons for the initial lack of support were his "mixed-ancestry" and his legal background. He would not have been elected had Michelle not been Michelle and assuaged a lot of the doubts about him.

My fear is that Harris was being outperformed by Yang at one point before dropping out and never actually won a single primary despite having plenty of money and name recognition. Yes, having someone who identifies as Black would be powerful symbolically, but I don't see white women coming out in droves for her because of that. If Black women were going to come out for her, they would have come out when she was actually running.

Think about this: White women have voted for Republicans in every presidential election except two since 1952.

The only Democrats to win the majority of white women were LBJ in 1964 and Clinton in '96. :smh:

That is why it is silly to me to count on suburban women. Biden/Harris need to focus on getting Black women out to vote and making sure that the Black male vote isn't depressed like it was in 2016. Percentages don't matter if turnout is low.
Is that not what I said in my post? That Biden was the safer bet?
Which doesn't equal Harris not being popular with black women.
Also it was not his mix heritage that gave black folk pause. It was that they thought Obama couldn't win because he was black. So they backed Hillary until Bill said some stupid shit...and people started looking towards Obama.
Btw white women have largely been voting republican from atleast Reagan. Obama didn't win the white women vote, so why are we discussing them?
Why are they most important to Biden/Harris winning?

No the fight is for the non white vote because that's the dems base. Republicans tend to win in low turnout elections. Increasing the black vote to Obama years and increasing other non voter turnout is how they win.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not sure what is meant here. Are we expecting her to disavow her entire Indian side of her family? She's Indian and Jamaican. Marcus Garvey and Bob Marley were Jamaican and were for cause.

She of African heritage no matter what. I would vote Biden even if he chose Candace Owens. I will always vote for a black person before I vote for a white person who is not in my best interest.
You would vote Alan keys over Dick Durbin?

gw1933

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know the ideology of your great, great, great grandfather or mother? Is it a genetic memory or what?

As if colorism isnt passed down from the Grandma, to the mom, to the daughter in some Black families (unfortunately).

I knew a few people that had mother's who didnt approve of them bringing home anyone too dark....and their grandmothers didnt approve of the mom doing it either, when she was younger.........Dysfunctional cycle at its finest.