BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I don't know..I recognize Paul Ruud is in there and there will be some funny moments, but he has some serious actors with him there in Michelle Pfifer, Michael Douglas and Jonathan Majors, hopefully it's not TOO silly :smh:
No doubt.
I personally think either Michelle Pfifer and/or Michael Douglas will die before the end of the film. Marvel is clearly all in on this Yound Avengers project so all these old people are getting the axe. Anyone in the MCU over 65 better watch out. Your AARP card will not save you with F.E.I.G.E.

It's just hard to imagine that they won't shoehorn this crew into the movie somehow
Ant-Man.gif

I think I got Spiderman over this
Do you mean the last one?

Unpopular opinion: I didn't care for that last Spiderman movie in the slightest. The plot made no sense and the business of Hollywood was too clear to see. It's like Marvel made a deal with Sony and told them to show up on set with some of their guys. F.E.I.G.E even made a custom arch-style triangular spot for Sony to slide all their character into .... And then some asshole from Sony showed up with a bunch of square shaped pegs. So they just clammed everything in, logical and memory be damned.

I could get into the specifics but honestly the end of the movie really sealed up everything I dislike about Peter Parker.
He only exist in the Marvel universe .... ANY MARVEL UNIVERSE (print, cartoon, movie, etc) to be the world's saddest shack of shit.

He has a new girlfriend ... don't get attached she'll be dead before issue #20
He has a new best friend .... and he's a superpower bad guy
The company is doing a reboot, so Uncle Ben is still al .... didn't even get to finish typing it and he's already dead again.
At least a third of these Spiderman films across all three actors ends with a funeral or a death.

The end of the movie was such bullshit. People in the theater were crying at him losing his friends. I'm sitting there fuming like, if he lost his friends, then why are they all going to M.I.T. next year. Peter, MJ, Ned, & Flash are all going to the same school. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if they pull a Boy Meets World and somehow have the teachers start working at M.I.T.

I give the next movie 15 minutes tops before Peter and MJ are bumping into each other and have a meet cute cliché. Or him and Ned are paired up as lab buddies and initially bonding. And you already know that the second he and MJ get the relationship back to where it was, she going to die immediately. Probably within second of realizing that she's loves him or she says it for the first time. And then that movie can have it's everything is sad for Peter ending.

I stopped watching & reading the Walking Dead years ago because I was tired of always having to be sad for fictional characters. I'm feeling the same way with Peter Parker stories at this point.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn
No doubt.
I personally think either Michelle Pfifer and/or Michael Douglas will die before the end of the film. Marvel is clearly all in on this Yound Avengers project so all these old people are getting the axe. Anyone in the MCU over 65 better watch out. Your AARP card will not save you with F.E.I.G.E.

It's just hard to imagine that they won't shoehorn this crew into the movie somehow
Ant-Man.gif

Do you mean the last one?

Unpopular opinion: I didn't care for that last Spiderman movie in the slightest. The plot made no sense and the business of Hollywood was too clear to see. It's like Marvel made a deal with Sony and told them to show up on set with some of their guys. F.E.I.G.E even made a custom arch-style triangular spot for Sony to slide all their character into .... And then some asshole from Sony showed up with a bunch of square shaped pegs. So they just clammed everything in, logical and memory be damned.

I could get into the specifics but honestly the end of the movie really sealed up everything I dislike about Peter Parker.
He only exist in the Marvel universe .... ANY MARVEL UNIVERSE (print, cartoon, movie, etc) to be the world's saddest shack of shit.

He has a new girlfriend ... don't get attached she'll be dead before issue #20
He has a new best friend .... and he's a superpower bad guy
The company is doing a reboot, so Uncle Ben is still al .... didn't even get to finish typing it and he's already dead again.
At least a third of these Spiderman films across all three actors ends with a funeral or a death.

The end of the movie was such bullshit. People in the theater were crying at him losing his friends. I'm sitting there fuming like, if he lost his friends, then why are they all going to M.I.T. next year. Peter, MJ, Ned, & Flash are all going to the same school. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if they pull a Boy Meets World and somehow have the teachers start working at M.I.T.

I give the next movie 15 minutes tops before Peter and MJ are bumping into each other and have a meet cute cliché. Or him and Ned are paired up as lab buddies and initially bonding. And you already know that the second he and MJ get the relationship back to where it was, she going to die immediately. Probably within second of realizing that she's loves him or she says it for the first time. And then that movie can have it's everything is sad for Peter ending.

I stopped watching & reading the Walking Dead years ago because I was tired of always having to be sad for fictional characters. I'm feeling the same way with Peter Parker stories at this point.
Damn interesting...i wonder will riri Williams story involve them. All them will be at M.I.T

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

I give the next movie 15 minutes tops before Peter and MJ are bumping into each other and have a meet cute cliché. Or him and Ned are paired up as lab buddies and initially bonding. And you already know that the second he and MJ get the relationship back to where it was, she going to die immediately.
Now what if the OTHER Mary Jane shows up..you,the REAL one thats been in the comics from jump

Mary_Jane_Watson_002.jpg

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man it's an experience. It's like almost being on a rollercoaster. The seats move, if there is a water scene, a shot of mist might get sprayed on you....

Movies like this are great to see in 4DX. Also, the entire movie is in 3D.

Man fuck all that extra bullshit.

I grew up where smoking section (trees) was upstairs in the balcony.

Squares was smoked downstairs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
im sorry if i am the only one BUT this movie was weak as heck to me.i mean it was just boring not much action ,plot had holes ,stories wasnt explained fully,the female black panther didnt look right she was super skinny etc. this should have been called "wakanda " thats it not black panther because the whole thing was about wakanda plus namars world but having this call black panther was foolish..first one was way better i give this movie a 5 just on the strength of being black folks lol but to many pot holes and things that didnt make sense to me..its hard to write this without spoilers and i dont want yall going off saying yall havent seen it yet but watch it and you will see what i mean...

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Damn

Damn interesting...i wonder will riri Williams story involve them. All them will be at M.I.T
Damn, I forgot Riri will be there too. I can see her, Peter, & Ned taking a class together and getting paired up as lab partners by their professor Dr. Conner.

Question: Am I the only one that thought that Riri's armor's should have had some specific vibranium capabilities. She did build it in Wakanda.
Shuri could have at least put a vibranium engine in her car. One little vibranium car battery & Riri would never have to buy gas again.
C'mon Shuri hook ya girl up. She's a struggling college student and colonizers are charging a grip for gas right now.

Now what if the OTHER Mary Jane shows up..you,the REAL one thats been in the comics from jump

Mary_Jane_Watson_002.jpg
She'd be dead within two movies. How else would they introduce Gwen .... so they can kill her .... so the can introduce Felicia .... so they can kill her .... shall we go on :lol:

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Sometime you really should only watch a movie once and walk away. Because you'll start asking questions on a second viewing that you didn't notice the first time around .
During the car chase scene outta Boston, between Shuri, Riri, Okoye, & Shuri's A.I., they all had to had caught at least 2 bodies each. Most of people in the cars that were causing to violently crash, & flip over, & explode, (but not kill) :rolleyes: were all filled with pigs. I don't mind if the princess of Wakanda is allowed to come over and off a few pigs every so often. You just think the movie would have made that a bigger plot point with the unnecessary white boy character. :lol:

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sometime you really should only watch a movie once and walk away. Because you'll start asking questions on a second viewing that you didn't notice the first time around .
During the car chase scene outta Boston, between Shuri, Riri, Okoye, & Shuri's A.I., they all had to had caught at least 2 bodies each. Most of people in the cars that were causing to violently crash, & flip over, & explode, (but not kill) :rolleyes: were all filled with pigs. I don't mind if the princess of Wakanda is allowed to come over and off a few pigs every so often. You just think the movie would have made that a bigger plot point with the unnecessary white boy character. :lol:

Movie isn't good enough and way too long for a 2nd showing. I was there opening night and the more I think about it the more I dislike it.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Movie isn't good enough and way too long for a 2nd showing. I was there opening night and the more I think about it the more I dislike it.
The shit that's lingering for me is Tchalla's death. There's got to be a better way for that scene to go down instead of mystery illness.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The shit that's lingering for me is Tchalla's death. There's got to be a better way for that scene to go down instead of mystery illness.

Real lame to link a real life tragedy. If they said it was colon cancer they KNOW people would have called them out on their bullshit but it's still bullshit. Not quite the joke of Aquaman drowning in the tub but it's close.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Real lame to link a real life tragedy. If they said it was colon cancer they KNOW people would have called them out on their bullshit but it's still bullshit. Not quite the joke of Aquaman drowning in the tub but it's close.
No avengers ok but
Winter Soldier at least would've been at the funeral lol

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No avengers ok but
Winter Soldier at least would've been at the funeral lol

Talking Racoon and already been dead twice and revived but no a "mysterious illness".

I have no intention in seeing another Black Panther movie without T'Challa. I gave them a chance and they failed me.

That first one will always be watched tho.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Talking Racoon and already been dead twice and revived but no a "mysterious illness".

I have no intention in seeing another Black Panther movie without T'Challa. I gave them a chance and they failed me.

That first one will always be watched tho.
I think the opportunity was there with the Multiverses as a way to replace Tchalla. I think they could have come up with something

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There has to be some scenes from the previous films he was in that were left on the cutting room floor + CG and the fact his character wears a mask, they could have had him go out fighting or something.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think the opportunity was there with the Multiverses as a way to replace Tchalla. I think they could have come up with something

They can do whatever they want they Disney they chose to do this to the black hero. We just had a Spider Man movie to explain how heros can look different and still be the hero.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, I forgot Riri will be there too. I can see her, Peter, & Ned taking a class together and getting paired up as lab partners by their professor Dr. Conner.

Question: Am I the only one that thought that Riri's armor's should have had some specific vibranium capabilities. She did build it in Wakanda.
Shuri could have at least put a vibranium engine in her car. One little vibranium car battery & Riri would never have to buy gas again.
C'mon Shuri hook ya girl up. She's a struggling college student and colonizers are charging a grip for gas right now.

They can't have vibranium travel outside of Wakanda. They don't want anyone developing a weapon with vibranium to fight wakanda.

That's why Shuri didn't kill Namor. Them fish ppl had vibranium in the water. It's basically a marvel cold war. Both kingdoms have the capabilities to wipe each other out. So peace becomes the best solution.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
im sorry if i am the only one BUT this movie was weak as heck to me.i mean it was just boring not much action ,plot had holes ,stories wasnt explained fully,the female black panther didnt look right she was super skinny etc. this should have been called "wakanda " thats it not black panther because the whole thing was about wakanda plus namars world but having this call black panther was foolish..first one was way better i give this movie a 5 just on the strength of being black folks lol but to many pot holes and things that didnt make sense to me..its hard to write this without spoilers and i dont want yall going off saying yall havent seen it yet but watch it and you will see what i mean...
What were the plot holes and what wasn't explained? Use spoiler tags