BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
qv7oicx9k30a1.jpg

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Question for the board and by no means a criticism against this film.
More of a problem I have with all superhero movies.
Am I the only one who wishes that these actors could put on a damn helmet ?!?!

Everybody in these films has cracked nanotechnology. Wakandans, Stark, Hawkman, etc.
It doesn't even make sense in or off of the world of a the movies why and how they put take them on & off.

Why would you remove your face cover during a war just to talk? Just talk through the helmet!
Do we have to see the actor's face? Do the film makers have so little faith in the audience that they think we'll forget which actor is in which costume without showing their faces every few minutes?

And in world, how does it work. It is telepathy, magic, and something else? They just pose and the shit comes on & off. It doesn't even look good when it's off and we see the actor's face. Every time they do it the actor's head looks like it floating unnaturally in mid air. Especially on the big screen. Anybody remember Banner in the Hulkbuster armor. That shit looked terrible.

I thought we figured out with Green Lantern to just save the money and use a mask. It's like 20 years later and we're still doing the same shit. :dunno:

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Question for the board and by no means a criticism against this film.
More of a problem I have with all superhero movies.
Am I the only one who wishes that these actors could put on a damn helmet ?!?!

Everybody in these films has cracked nanotechnology. Wakandans, Stark, Hawkman, etc.
It doesn't even make sense in or off of the world of a the movies why and how they put take them on & off.

Why would you remove your face cover during a war just to talk? Just talk through the helmet!
Do we have to see the actor's face? Do the film makers have so little faith in the audience that they think we'll forget which actor is in which costume without showing their faces every few minutes?

And in world, how does it work. It is telepathy, magic, and something else? They just pose and the shit comes on & off. It doesn't even look good when it's off and we see the actor's face. Every time they do it the actor's head looks like it floating unnaturally in mid air. Especially on the big screen. Anybody remember Banner in the Hulkbuster armor. That shit looked terrible.

I thought we figured out with Green Lantern to just save the money and use a mask. It's like 20 years later and we're still doing the same shit. :dunno:
the actors/actresses in all probability have a percentage of facetime written in their contracts.
RDJ definately did so they all followed suit

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Seen it last night at iPic. It was pretty good. I like what they did with it in absence of Black Panther. The villains and the politics between the nations really made this movie, Namor was great. Girl power movie, yes but it wasn’t thrown in your face. I like the role M’Baku’s has taken in Wakanda. Action was great.

I hate that song by Rihanna, shit is wack and sleepy. Bring back that sza and kendrick.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
You talking about The Alamo Drafthouse Theaters?

Yeah.
Former Co-Worker and I (We saw the first one together with some other Workers) went with Thursday night wants to see it again.
This time at one of those theaters in Brooklyn.
I already had to "humble" Myself to see it at The Prime Theater at AMC Empire 25.
And that was because I couldn't get IMAX or Dolby Cinema seats.
I told her NOPE!
Even The Mom's was shocked and joked on Me when I told Her I didn't see in those formats.:hithead:

I told Former Co-Worker ain't no way in HELL I'm doing an Alamo Drafthouse.
Had to deal with that "Restaurant Theater" Shit in Portland, Oregon when a theater called The Baghdad started it in the early 2Ks.
Became all the rage with the White Millennials.
I HATED THAT SHIT!!!

Nah Bruh.
It's either my usual IMAX and/or Dolby Cinema theaters for the next outing.
Yup I hated it. Too many people walking around
Movie not over and he bringing me the check
Then it’s the wrong check
Smh

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just got back from seeing it, i thought it was good. I dont think it was as good as the first but i thought it was close and if the next movies of phase 5 are going to be like this, then i will forgive them for the piss poor Doctor Strange and Thor Love and Thunder...seriously though..Angela Bassett delivered an oscar worthy performance. Saw it in IMAX and the the Underwater kingdom looked amazing. I know people will praise James Cameron for how everything looks in AVATAR, but Ryan Coogler did his thing with that Talocan..looked great! I'm rambling right now, but still a great movie imo

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Saw it with the wife last night, def a movie for my daughters
The agenda is there but they're being subtle with it
Not gone spoil it but the suit she chose got me amped up no lie
The forced alphabet kiss was unnecessary
The white boy (agent who gives a fuck) whole existence was unnecessary to the movie he added NOTHING to the movie
Not really worth a rewatch imo
People talking about the comics don't follow because his son has the throne now

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I just got back from seeing it, i thought it was good. I dont think it was as good as the first but i thought it was close and if the next movies of phase 5 are going to be like this, then i will forgive them for the piss poor Doctor Strange and Thor Love and Thunder...seriously though..Angela Bassett delivered an oscar worthy performance. Saw it in IMAX and the the Underwater kingdom looked amazing. I know people will praise James Cameron for how everything looks in AVATAR, but Ryan Coogler did his thing with that Talocan..looked great! I'm rambling right now, but still a great movie imo

This is easily the best film of this phase and the best since Endgame. Both Angela Basset scene in the throne room and Letitia Wright's scene of grieve should get them at least some nominations. I would be surprised if Angela Bassett won a few. I would be excited for the positive change in direction, but looking ahead in the schedule shows that's the next episode of the MCU is Ant-Man. :smh:

You already know they coming back with silly shit.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Something else I'm getting tire of seeing in MCU movies is people getting mortally stabbed through the gut. Loki stabbed Colson, Helena stabbed Thor, Thanos stabbed the shit outta Ironman, and now Namor stabbed Shuri. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

All these movies use the 3rd act fight stab in the gut move to make it look like all hope is lost. Then the hero rubs some nanotechnology on the wound and goes on fighting. When it happens in this movie I kinda laughed.
Namor stabs Shuri and she falls out like it over. Then nanotech on the wound and she doing a 5 star gymnastics flip over Namor head and taking the upper hand in the fight. I crackled and thought, "even if your nanotech stopped the external bleeding, the internal damage done with a stab like that means that your flipping days over."

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I saw the first movie at a IMAX and 4 DX movie theater. If you can go to a 4DX movie theater, GAME CHANGER....

Saw this in an IMAX theater which was cool, but think I am going to the 4 DX theater in DC this weekend.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is easily the best film of this phase and the best since Endgame. Both Angela Basset scene in the throne room and Letitia Wright's scene of grieve should get them at least some nominations. I would be surprised if Angela Bassett won a few. I would be excited for the positive change in direction, but looking ahead in the schedule shows that's the next episode of the MCU is Ant-Man. :smh:

I don't know..I recognize Paul Ruud is in there and there will be some funny moments, but he has some serious actors with him there in Michelle Pfifer, Michael Douglas and Jonathan Majors, hopefully it's not TOO silly :smh:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Something else I'm getting tire of seeing in MCU movies is people getting mortally stabbed through the gut. Loki stabbed Colson, Helena stabbed Thor, Thanos stabbed the shit outta Ironman, and now Namor stabbed Shuri. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

All these movies use the 3rd act fight stab in the gut move to make it look like all hope is lost. Then the hero rubs some nanotechnology on the wound and goes on fighting. When it happens in this movie I kinda laughed.
Namor stabs Shuri and she falls out like it over. Then nanotech on the wound and she doing a 5 star gymnastics flip over Namor head and taking the upper hand in the fight. I crackled and thought, "even if your nanotech stopped the external bleeding, the internal damage done with a stab like that means that your flipping days over."

She got that herb in her so she can flip down the beach if she want to..lol

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah I saw the first movie at a IMAX and 4 DX movie theater. If you can go to a 4DX movie theater, GAME CHANGER....

Saw this in an IMAX theater which was cool, but think I am going to the 4 DX theater in DC this weekend.

Never heard of 4DX..is that better than Dolby? I saw it in IMAX last night

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think I got Spiderman over this