Best Sequels that surpassed the 1st movie & still get watched like it's brand new

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Can't call this a sequel because each movie in the trilogy was a stand alone. For example, in one movie, Lee Van Cleef is Colonel Douglas Mortimer and he & Clint Eastwood work together, but in this movie, he is a different character completely.

Basically. I'm seeing some retarded shit in this thread.

crannybee

Star
Registered
t2.jpg
:yes:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

1st Blood was better.
Godfather was better.
Alien was better.
Terminator was better.

:smh::smh::smh::smh: Y'all niggas is falling for big budget sequels and shit. Same type of niggas saying the Matrix sequels were better. :smh::smh:

regulus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st Blood was better.
Godfather was better.
Alien was better.
Terminator was better.

:smh::smh::smh::smh: Y'all niggas is falling for big budget sequels and shit. Same type of niggas saying the Matrix sequels were better. :smh::smh:

First Blood part two is the best. Most people haven't even seen the first one.

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
some of ya'll are pretty funny...

but look at some of the epic, classic movies out there, and all of the sequels that were spawned, it takes a really amazing movie to surpass the original

Empire strikes back and Godfather 2 have to be the best sequels of all time

you can argue that star wars and godfather were as good as or better then their immediate sequels... and the fact that you have to make that argument shows just how good the sequels to those certified CLASSIC movies really were

beantowns_finest

Potential Star
Registered
How can anyone say reloaded was Better the the original. If they played out the part about with Neo still in the matrix a litle more instead of revealing the twist 10-15 minutes into the film the movie wouldve been perfect

krispmx

Star
Registered
1st Blood was better.
Godfather was better.
Alien was better.
Terminator was better.

man shiiiiit Aliens fucking rocked. James Cameron took a classic movie and made it his classic movie. Alien one may be great, but it gets boring after a while and slow. the first Terminator better than the second again shiiiiit. James Cameron took that as well and made it better. Not saying the first terminator wasn't great but again it gets boring for a bit.

dlow

Rising Star
Registered
I wouldn't wipe my ass with the 2cd matrix.
The Star Trek 2, 4, 6, 8
Star Trek reboot
Star Wars the empire strikes back
Star Wars return of the Jedi
Star Wars revenge of the sith
Spiderman 2
4th fast and the furious
Batman Returns

LURK DAWG

Support BGOL
Registered
"Raiders of the Lost Ark" was a great movie :yes:, but " Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" is what set off the "Indiana Jones" franchise,as well as copycat movies like "The Mummy":yes:Harrison Ford was the only actor who was able to escape the "Star Wars" type casting...

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
The low-budget, B-movie The Terminator is far superior to the overblown T2. Same goes for The Godfather. Another B-movie that was turned into something exceptional. It's more entertaining and "classic" than the more complex and ambitious sequel.

Here it go....:rolleyes:

General Consensus said:
The Sky is blue

Blunt said:
Uhhhhhhhh, there has never been ANY confirmation that the color the aforementioned "sky" appears to be is blue. Only the fools who inhabit this very board that I myself have been posting on since the mid-90's would stupidly believe that the sky is any other color than eggplant :rolleyes:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good movie. Most people never even seen or heard of the prequel to this - El Mariachi

I figured there was something untold when I watched Desperado, (which to me back in the day was the shit). But I was too young then to find it...if anyone got a link to this please, uh, link it?

Don't want the thread moved. :D

DV8ed

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Matrix was great, but Reloaded had me sitting up clapping at some of those action sequences.

I was the same way at the end of the scene!

Count23

International
International Member
man shiiiiit Aliens fucking rocked. James Cameron took a classic movie and made it his classic movie. Alien one may be great, but it gets boring after a while and slow. the first Terminator better than the second again shiiiiit. James Cameron took that as well and made it better. Not saying the first terminator wasn't great but again it gets boring for a bit.

James Cameron didn't "take" shit cuz he directed the 1st terminator as well, but I do cosign that t2 was better as well as a big cosign to desperado.

AOD

Star
Registered
My favorite Star Trek movie of all time!:dance::yes::yes::dance:
khan.jpg

khan_l.jpg
khan.jpg

:lol:Kirk and Khan had that ol' school around da way beef with each other!:lol:

krispmx

Star
Registered
James Cameron didn't "take" shit cuz he directed the 1st terminator as well, but I do cosign that t2 was better as well as a big cosign to desperado.

true enough your right he did both. but he is one of the few directors that made a squeal from the original that they made themselves and make it a masterpiece

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered
I'm surprised that this wasn't mentioned more often.

The first movie, while setting up the franchise for the big screen, was boring as fuck!

Everybody and their mother knows the part when Kirk looks up and says,"Khhhhaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

khan.jpg