Baseball.........Anybody still interested?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Since Atlanta bailed to th burbs, I'm done.
How far from the city is that new stadium Dlow?

mWvVFd.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
It's too early to tell right now. I've only played a good 10 games and I'm trying to dial in a good set of sliders.

Right off the bat though the new ball physics are obvious and give more hit variety, which last year was lacking. Bunting is tougher, in fact I haven't had 1 safe bunt yet. In my new franchise I did a fantasy draft, have the fastest team in baseball with Billy Hamilton leading off...

When you get ahold of a pitch you hit moonshots. Like 450 ft type home runs and in bunches. Wilson Contreras, Yoan Moncada, and Joc Peterson have all had multi home run games in spring training. That's what I'm trying to dial out.

Everything else is rock solid, it plays well, and I like Harold Reynolds being on it this year. I think once I get it where I want it it's gonna be worth keeping. Last year I went back to 2015.
Mt. What level are you playing the game on?

PcVGU8.jpg

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mt. What level are you playing the game on?

PcVGU8.jpg

Right now HOF pitching, and Allstar hitting. If I get to the end of spring training and still hitting like Barry Bonds with everybody Ill raise it to HOF. BUt normally I dont like a full sim experience. Enough of a challenge where I can lose, but not to the point where Im frustrated by a back of the rotation pitcher.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Right now HOF pitching, and Allstar hitting. If I get to the end of spring training and still hitting like Barry Bonds with everybody Ill raise it to HOF. BUt normally I dont like a full sim experience. Enough of a challenge where I can lose, but not to the point where Im frustrated by a back of the rotation pitcher.
Damn that HOF level is tough for pitching. Guess it depends on the team you have.
90cs0c.jpg

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn that HOF level is tough for pitching. Guess it depends on the team you have.
90cs0c.jpg

It can be. I never push my starters past 6 innings, when I draft pitchers, their clutch rating is more important to me than their hit and k ratings. I prefer 5 pitches for my starters with something running away,(slider, slurve) and a change. Alot is just being smart and being able to use the pitching meter really well. I have no shame in changing pitchers throwing motion. Ill have a bunch of Kershaws cause his is easy to time. Pitching to the strengths of the defense and pitching around guys. Its really the only way I feel like the computer has a chance to win consistently.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
It can be. I never push my starters past 6 innings, when I draft pitchers, their clutch rating is more important to me than their hit and k ratings. I prefer 5 pitches for my starters with something running away,(slider, slurve) and a change. Alot is just being smart and being able to use the pitching meter really well. I have no shame in changing pitchers throwing motion. Ill have a bunch of Kershaws cause his is easy to time. Pitching to the strengths of the defense and pitching around guys. Its really the only way I feel like the computer has a chance to win consistently.
See I'm the opposite I'm old school I push dem muthafuckas to the limit. I be mad as shit taking a starter out after 6 only to have the relievers come in and fuck shit up and lose the game. I'm like nigga I could have kept the starter in to do dat dumb shit!!

O8KEJO.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Phillies have 1.............................1 goddam hit through 6 innings against Brandon fuckin Finnegan. :smh:

V7Q2JH.jpg

three-fifths

searching for the remaining 143,999
Platinum Member
rickie weeks was homegrown with the brew crew. his numbers ain't at all stellar, but i love the brother.

broxton was traded to the crew a coupla years ago. he started to put up great numbers late last season before a minor injury. i hope he excels.

i do not know who's fastest between billy and dee; but i'll lay 100/1 odds on billy boy.

i was disappointed with dee when he got busted for doping. he came clean, but still.

davis could be a great one, if only he quit trying to pull the damn ball. i also hopes he continues to work on his defense (throwing arm).

at least we notched our first victory of the season. lol!
Billy Hamilton is fast as shit! Lol I wonder who is faster, him or Dee Gordon?

Kris Davis is cool. Keone Broxton is someone I am not too familiar with, but I will check his stats throughout the season.

As for R. Weeks, I haven't heard his name is a lil bit. Man, there are cats like D. Span and others who I know do their thing, but I need to do a lil research and start following all of the Black players. I got A. Simmons on my squad. He is decent.

Commish

Big Coin Star
Registered
rickie weeks was homegrown with the brew crew. his numbers ain't at all stellar, but i love the brother.

broxton was traded to the crew a coupla years ago. he started to put up great numbers late last season before a minor injury. i hope he excels.

i do not know who's fastest between billy and dee; but i'll lay 100/1 odds on billy boy.

i was disappointed with dee when he got busted for doping. he came clean, but still.

davis could be a great one, if only he quit trying to pull the damn ball. i also hopes he continues to work on his defense (throwing arm).

at least we notched our first victory of the season. lol!

Nice post! Man....I had to charge Jharel Cotton to the game in one of my fantasy teams. Dude's ERA was 10+!! But, I will keep my eye on the waiver wire and see who is out there.

There are a few other brothas out there that we haven't discussed, so keep me updated on any players you feel is worthy of mention. Good luck with your team this season!

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
HELL YEAH!!!

ATL Braves All Day!!! Will be there opening day to check out the new stadium

Don't play the baseball anymore but I play the hell outta softball these days!!! Mainly on the Black Softball Circuit... www.blacksoftballcircuit.com

Damn, I would have loved to been a part of this. I'd love to do this now, but these people look like serious players, and I haven't played in years. How can I be down? Are these people like almost pros with their game?

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See I'm the opposite I'm old school I push dem muthafuckas to the limit. I be mad as shit taking a starter out after 6 only to have the relievers come in and fuck shit up and lose the game. I'm like nigga I could have kept the starter in to do dat dumb shit!!

O8KEJO.jpg

I most definitely do it in the playoffs because the playoff fatigue for pitchers is nerfed to keep people from running 2 man rotations. So once the playoffs hit i turn pitcher fatigue all the way up because I wont be able to use them again for what amounts to 7 days before theyre fresh again. That glitch has apparently made it into this years game too. But you leave a starter in too long on HOF and youll never do it again.:smh::lol: Its like all of a sudden your location goes to shit and youre lobing meatballs in the 7th after striking out the side on the 6th.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I most definitely do it in the playoffs because the playoff fatigue for pitchers is nerfed to keep people from running 2 man rotations. So once the playoffs hit i turn pitcher fatigue all the way up because I wont be able to use them again for what amounts to 7 days before theyre fresh again. That glitch has apparently made it into this years game too. But you leave a starter in too long on HOF and youll never do it again.:smh::lol: Its like all of a sudden your location goes to shit and youre lobing meatballs in the 7th after striking out the side on the 6th.
Good points.

X0BDUW.jpg

three-fifths

searching for the remaining 143,999
Platinum Member
jason heyward with the cubs.

he is probably the one ninja in all of mlb who needs pepping more than any other ninja. lol!

Last edited:

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tim Tebow homers to left-center in first at-bat of minor league debut:rolleyes:

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Tim Tebow had a lot of big moments in his storied football career, and he kicked off his minor league baseball career with another, hitting a two-run homer in his first at-bat in his debut Thursday for the Class A Columbia Fireflies.

"All of my sports experiences helped me for moments like that," Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, said after the Fireflies' 14-7 victory over the Augusta GreenJackets. "Playing in The Swamp or Death Valley or in Mile High Stadium in the playoffs, they all helped.

"So much about sports is handling moments and handling pressure."

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Tim Tebow had a lot of big moments in his storied football career, and he kicked off his minor league baseball career with another, hitting a two-run homer in his first at-bat in his debut Thursday for the Class A Columbia Fireflies.

"All of my sports experiences helped me for moments like that," Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, said after the Fireflies' 14-7 victory over the Augusta GreenJackets. "Playing in The Swamp or Death Valley or in Mile High Stadium in the playoffs, they all helped.

Get that shit outta here.

Buxton doing what he does below.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1261786683/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Hopefully he gets hit in the face with a 90mph fastball soon.

YYJeAg.jpg

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I know hes got power by looking at him.(No homo) While hitting a HR is impressive... Was it anything more than him being late on what looked like a slow fastball???

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
God fuckin damn Phillies put up 12 runs in the 1st inning against the Nationals!!!!!!!!!? :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2: Jeremy Guthrie will never pitch again in this league.
rp9Eef.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Two fuckin home runs allowed by Gomez in three games and your suppose to be the goddam closer? Get dis nigga the fuck outta here man A-Fuckin SAP!! :angry::angry::angry:

gh0gS9.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Damn great comeback by the Angels against the Mariners. Plenty of walk off wins on Sunday. Games never over till the final out in the 9th!!

EJ3lM2.jpg